Why do no FAs want to come to Cologne?

RomanesEuntDomus

Your reason(s) for not joining Cologne  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was PMed by a bunch of Cologne players as well as getting a bunch more chat messages from the same players and other. Kendrick also sent me a PM on the SHL. All of this happened while the playoffs were still going on. In the SHL this would no doubt be tampering and all of the members who did so would be punished accordingly. This turned me off from their team and I would never sign there in the future, should I become a FA at some point.

I was PMed by a bunch of Cologne players as well as getting a bunch more chat messages from the same players and other. Kendrick also sent me a PM on the SHL. All of this happened while the playoffs were still going on. In the SHL this would no doubt be tampering and all of the members who did so would be punished accordingly. This turned me off from their team and I would never sign there in the future, should I become a FA at some point.

I heard something similar with another FA as well.

To some degree the amount of attraction this thread has gotten makes me think that how we do free agency as a league needs to be examined. Not because some teams don't get free agents, but because free agents choices seem very limited.

Everyone pretty much has to offer the limited salary since higher salary doesn't do anything but add TPE. If a team wants to compete eventually keeping a players salary as high as it can be makes no sense. Thus there is really no contract bidding. Ergo it comes down to the player. While some players have been more patient than others in this league, at the end of the day everyone here just wants to get together on a team with a good group of members and have some fun hopefully while making the playoffs and trying to win a Cup. Even a team that is rebuilding lures players in with the promise that they will one day be doing that very thing. Ergo the teams that are in the best position to win..pretty much automatically get free agents to fill their wholes. While this years was a bit more interesting since Quebec really only had Cap room for the player we had, and players like Boom did decide to head to Davos which is a bit more out of the box considering he left a Cup contending Helsinki, it still makes me wonder.

I know Kendrick has pitched some ideas in the BoG but we will likely continue to visit some more ideas regarding the free agency subject. It should be a more interesting and dynamic part of the league. Drafting can be hit or miss pending on how many actives but the draft generally always draws in excitement and is a solid way to build a team. While the trade deadline doesn't see attention trading in general is always exciting and makes a huge spike in the league. But Free Agency has always felt somewhat hollow. 

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

Edited by 8Ovechkin8