Max Mølholt Retires

Molholt

576 Game Played, all with the Toronto Legion

407 Goals Scored, tied for 4th all-time with @Phil Rafter. Only the 5th person to ever eclipse 400.

462 Assists, 28th all-time.

869 Points, 11th all-time.

70 Game Winning Goals, tied for 7th all-time.

4x Conference Champ

3x Continental Cup, member of the first and only 3-peat in VHL history.

2x Victory Cup

1x Brooks Trophy

1x Beketov Trophy

1x Szatkowski Trophy

2x Knight Trophy as GM

1x Silver Medal

1x Gold Medal

Easily my best player in the VHL, and one I don't imagine I'll top, both from getting a bit lucky with the sim and getting a bit burnt out on it. Max played with a lot of great players in his days, and I could go on and on about them all, but three stand high above the rest. 

Zach Parechkin @DollarAndADream has been my linemate nearly my entire career. We formed one of the best duos in league history, if you ask me. He's deservedly won awards and recognition for his play on the ice and his leadership off of it. He was the right selection with my first #1 overall pick. He was everything I expected that he'd be when I drafted him and more. Consistent, active, respectful, well-liked, etc. His standing with the team and the league is evident in the Jonsson voting each year - his name is as synonymous with the award as Phil's is. The Legion dynasty would've never been what it was without him on the ice and in the locker room.

World B. Free @stevo has been the consistency on the blue line that we needed for all of these seasons. Seven seasons he has found himself back there, coming up early to play with us in a down year, being such a crucial part of our team make up for this entire run. Just like DaaD, he's the exact kind of person you want in your locker room, you want to negotiate with and you want to build your team around. He has a team-first mentality and will help in any way he can. He never got the individual recognition he deserved in his career, but the Toronto dynasty would have not been possible without him. Knowing that he would be on our defense day in and day out made my life as a GM so much easier and made our locker room a better place by having him.

Hans Wingate @CowboyinAmerica was the key to pushing us over the edge. One of the all-time great sim league members, just like the two mentioned above, he's a guy that I will go out of my way to get on my team at any point. I knew he was coming to Toronto before he even did, I could just sense it - I just hoped he could see what we were ready to accomplish, and then we even blew that out of the water. Wingate is, for my money, the goalie on my VHL Mount Rushmore. He carried us through good times and bad, regular season and playoffs, and went toe to toe with some fellow all-time greats. His number hangs in our rafters for a reason, in just three seasons he did more for this franchise than most could in a career. Wonderful to have in the locker room, wonderful to have in net - there is none better.

I'm gonna miss Max, and I'm upset that we didn't quite make the playoff cut this year, but there is no group of people I would rather go down with in this ship, which has been so rewarding for so long - in large part thanks to you and all of the rest of the players who have come through Toronto during Max's time. It's been a pleasure.

5 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I'm fine to if they need me? I didn't really know this had a bearing on that? If it does that's kind of weird. 

It does have a bearing on it. I also think it's kinda weird. Maybe this is the year it changes after I beg people to change it

still salty you passed on me for Sean Blacker...what could have been! :P

great career with Molholt. anyone would want to strive to be like him to put up the kind of numbers he did. one of the less talked about players to almost crack the top 10 in vhl history for scoring and that's a shame. Thomas O'Malley to Max Molholt as the generations "Campbell" who will be next?

Edited by TheLastOlympian07

When Toronto was down in the dumps, and you were the head, I knew they were destined for change. I saw Max Molholt on the team, winning the RotY award, and I was like, well that's a good start for a rebuild if I've ever seen one.

Then you selected me, and the rest was history. Parechkin and Molholt made a home together. They fed off of each other. Even when both of them were maxed out in attributes, they still put up a ton a points.

I'm not sure how great Zach P would have been if he wasn't with you, but who's to really know? All I know is, if I could change it, I wouldn't.

Congrats on a stellar career, with plenty of accolades. Great GM. Great player agent.

16 hours ago, Molholt said:

I'm fine to if they need me? I didn't really know this had a bearing on that? If it does that's kind of weird. 

Yeah it has had bearing on it in the past and I believe it's stupid. Makes no sense for automatically retiring players but I can see why it's there for people that retire before the 8 seasons 

44 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Yeah it has had bearing on it in the past and I believe it's stupid. Makes no sense for automatically retiring players but I can see why it's there for people that retire before the 8 seasons 

Oh, well if this means I don't play in it that's fine, I've got a Gold already :P 

It does seem like a dumb formality though, if a player retires in the offseason, especially if he's an auto-retired guy, he should just be eligible or not - no weird restrictions based on when the user makes a post. Because my player has already played his last game in the VHL, regardless of if I post or not.