Crippling depression

boubabi

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

But real question here, no BS

if you had unlimited money, would you live an happy life ?

Is being broke the first step to sadness ? 

Unlimited money doesn't always equal happiness. Also being broke is the first step to learning you are on the path to rock bottom.

9 minutes ago, BMax said:

Unlimited money doesn't always equal happiness. Also being broke is the first step to learning you are on the path to rock bottom.

But can also be the first step to learning that you need to turn shit around. It's one of those half full/half empty sort of things

First of all, I lol'ed

I think it's really a combination of a lot of factors. For instance, if I had all the money I could dream of, but had no wife/girlfriend and no friends and a shit job, my life would suck. If I had a beautiful(or perhaps booty-ful) wife, but was broke af, had no friends, and a shit job, I would probably still hate life. Or for instance like right now, I have a lot of good friends, but a shitty gas station job, no gf, and idk if I have enough money to make it through the semester, and I feel like butt. But this stuff comes and goes so idk.

Also i think it might depend on how you are feeling at the moment. When I was with my ex, sex sucked, cuz she was ass at it, and it got to the point where I (almost) wasn't enjoying it. Now if I got anything at all I would be ecstatic lol.

44 minutes ago, boubabi said:

us doesn't have ketchup flavored chips

that's fucked up

Ruffles started selling them. My Russian teacher is from Canada and brought them one day, and I fell in love

Yeah I think if I had unlimited money I could be happy. At least, that's what I say from the perspective of someone with not unlimited money.

The way I see it, for me personally, if I had unlimited money and didn't have to work for it, I could be lazy and not feel like I deserve "happiness." I would be content to live a meaningless life so long as I have no worries because I have an unlimited amount of money.

I don't feel like your level of happiness and amount of wealth are relative. Yes, having more money generally brightens my mood but the root cause of depression can't always be fixed by having more money. I was my most depressed when I actually had a great paying job and great living situation, I've also been pretty happy while having zero money to my name too. Beating depression is all internal, you have to believe you can do it and when you do generally those other things fall into place with it. I've struggled with it for almost 5 years on and off now. 

I'd definitely be happy with unlimited money. I could do so much for myself and my family. I could go on trips, take people on trips, buy all the best farming equipment, buy a chef who makes the best poutine in the world, hire professional marketers and website people for the VHL, etc.

Of course, I'd rather be broke with my family and circle of friends than be unlimitedly wealthy and all alone. But that wasn't the question!