Why New York May Be The One To Watch This Off-Season

Tagger

If you were to look at rosters alone, there really shouldn't be any reason to watch out for the New York Americans this off-season. After all, unlike most teams in this league, they have one of the better goalies in the league heading into S53 on their roster, don't have any of their better players set to enter Free Agency as it currently stands and are one of the few teams in the league with over 5 players currently contracted down for Season 53. What they do have though is a potential issue that no other team in the league has.

Tom Lincoln is set to be on $4.5M

Sir William Covington (Should he not use his Player Option to enter FA) is set to be on $4M

Diana Maxwell is set to be on $4.5M

Unassisted is set to be on $5M

Essian Ravenwing is set to be on $3.75M 

Phil Shankly is set to be on $2.5M

Bobby Digital is set to be on $3.75M

Ilya Kopralkov is set to be on $3.75M

There's three things here that are interesting:

- 8 players (7 skaters), $31.75M. That's a lot of cap to spend on eight players.

- 6 forwards, 1 defenseman.

- There's another player set to be on the team, M.T Power. He's set for $1.5M. If the cap stays the same (which it absolutely should) and Covington stays, that puts the Americans over the cap by $1.25M.

So while most of the other teams in the VHL are being asked the same questions (How are you going to fill your roster? What's your plan at goalie? Why do you still exist?), the Americans will be asked very different questions..

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

I suppose it's time for New York to do a full rebuild.

The worst part is with no cap I can't just trade all my draft picks such is my first and only instinct. I don't know what I will do. :P 

23 minutes ago, BobertZ said:

So what your really trying to say is NY would not be fucked if i would not pick up my option and sign with Seattle ;)

who wants to win 3 cups with 3 different teams all in a row though? why have those kind of braggin rights?