Your favorite card/board game

boubabi

I've played 7 Wonders a couple times. Pretty fun yeah. Dead of Winter looks cool but my gaming group typically likes to stick to things like Catan and Ticket to Ride. Not that those aren't fun but I'd like to try some other stuff! The last couple big games I've tried to introduce to them (Pandemic and Small World) they tried them once and haven't wanted to play since which is disappointing.

16 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Board game: Mankala (The game was created by kids in Africa with rocks and dirt) <- seriously.

Card game: Go Fish hahaha

me and @Fire Hakstol used to always play that game together at the beach, and he used to always rage at me for using a stacking strategy, I am a little hazy on it but I'm pretty sure I would stack a lot of my pieces in a hole near the end of the game then if no more of his pieces can move I get to keep all those pieces.

Also I love playing strategy board games such as stratego, risk, and chess. 

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

me and @Fire Hakstol used to always play that game together at the beach, and he used to always rage at me for using a stacking strategy, I am a little hazy on it but I'm pretty sure I would stack a lot of my pieces in a hole near the end of the game then if no more of his pieces can move I get to keep all those pieces.

Also I love playing strategy board games such as stratego, risk, and chess. 

That's actually a legal strategy. I'm surprised someone else has heard of it! I actually own it

11 hours ago, Streetlite said:

I've played 7 Wonders a couple times. Pretty fun yeah. Dead of Winter looks cool but my gaming group typically likes to stick to things like Catan and Ticket to Ride. Not that those aren't fun but I'd like to try some other stuff! The last couple big games I've tried to introduce to them (Pandemic and Small World) they tried them once and haven't wanted to play since which is disappointing.

pandemic is pretty dope, have you played with the extension where yo ucan get the player who's role is to fuck everything up ?

SMallworld is real cool as well. damn you ZOMBIE SORCERERS 

17 minutes ago, boubabi said:

pandemic is pretty dope, have you played with the extension where yo ucan get the player who's role is to fuck everything up ?

SMallworld is real cool as well. damn you ZOMBIE SORCERERS 

Nah, haven't played any expansion but that sounds pretty cool.  The co-op with defector concept in general is something I'd like to try. 

I'm from Saskatchewan, so naturally my favourite card game is Kaiser. I also like Cribbage. I got pretty good at both from phone apps.

I don't play as many board games as I'd like, but I really enjoy the Game of Thrones board game. We also like The Game of Things, which I suppose isn't really a board or card game.