What is your team most lopsided trade ?

boubabi

In your team favors

One could argue that the Seguin trade wasn't that much lopsided since both team got decent returns, ut one team got the inevitable edge in Seguin.

And one could say that the Gomez vs Mcdonaugh WAS lopsided (Hello Darknest my old friend)

Edited by boubabi

In a real short time period, I would say the Danault vs Fleischmann and Weise was lopsided for the Habs since Danault is valuable to the team compared to the 2 other guys for Chicago

or, I would say the Josh Gorges and the 22nd overall pick (Max Pacioretty) vs Craig Rivet was a pretty good one for the Habs @Advantage

SInce Craig Ruvet Blows and Gorges gave some good hockey for the Habs

A little while ago at this point, but:

To Columbus:

C/W - Jeff Carter

To Philadelphia:

W - Jakub Voracek

2011 1st round pick (Sean Couturier)

2011 3rd round pick (Nick Cousins)

Not getting into the why this trade was made, but we traded Carter to Columbus (and we all know what happened then) for what would eventually become a 1RW, 2C, and 3/4 tweener C/W. Nice trade from a value stand point.

to pittsburgh

Alek Stojanov

to vancouver 

Markus Naslund

franchise icon traded for a guy with like 10 career points

or

to florida

todd bertuzzi

alex auld

bryan allen

to vancouver

roberto luongo

lukas krajeck

6th round pick (sergei shirokov)

franchises best goalie ever for a guy who played 7 games, goalie who played 1 season and an average 4 5 6 defenseman

26 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

A little while ago at this point, but:

To Columbus:

C/W - Jeff Carter

To Philadelphia:

W - Jakub Voracek

2011 1st round pick (Sean Couturier)

2011 3rd round pick (Nick Cousins)

Not getting into the why this trade was made, but we traded Carter to Columbus (and we all know what happened then) for what would eventually become a 1RW, 2C, and 3/4 tweener C/W. Nice trade from a value stand point.

Jeff Carter still has a decent career lmao 

Good discussion topic once again Boubabi.

For us it's easily this one:

To Toronto: Tom Kurvers

To New Jersey: 1991 TOR 1st Round Pick (Scott Niedermayer)

Scott was the driving force behind the skaters in front of Marty. He also has one of the best trophy cabinets in all of hockey.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Good discussion topic once again Boubabi.

For us it's easily this one:

To Toronto: Tom Kurvers

To New Jersey: 1991 TOR 1st Round Pick (Scott Niedermayer)

Scott was the driving force behind the skaters in front of Marty. He also has one of the best trophy cabinets in all of hockey.

Yeah, that was a shitty one, lol. Niedermayer was a beast.

This gets me wanting to look at the worst Oilers trade!

To Pittsburgh:

Marian Hossa

Pascal Dupuis

To Atlanta:

Colby Armstrong

Erik Christensen

Angelo Esposito

2008 1st(Daultan Leveille)

We got the two best players on this deal by a lot. Esposito was a bust, and I haven't heard of Leveille so, I'd say that's a win

If Derrick Pouliot can get his shit together, then the Jordan Staal trade would definitely be up here. Already a good trade as it is, but with the 8th overall being a bust so far it's not lopsided

I think talent wise, the Kessel trade was fairly lopsided. The 30th overall pick, two meh prospects, and a cap dump for a star player who was a huge help in the playoffs for us. But Toronto turned that shit into Andersen, Rychel, and a second (plus the still meh Kapanen) so that seems like a good trade for them haha.

Also, the Daley for Scuderi trade. Just because, like, what??? How did we pull that off??

I don't know about it really being lopsided, but I'd argue the worst trade the Oilers ever made was when they first traded Ryan Smyth. They were a pretty good team, maybe middling, but I think it was such a blow to the morale and stability of the team. They went on something like a 17 game losing streak after the trade, haven't come close to making playoffs since, with the franchise only JUST recovering now. Sure, a lot of the losing had to do with no longer having Chris Pronger (which was also a terrible deal, but I guess it eventually got Eberle and Pronger eventually died, so we'll call it square), but it all started with losing Smyth. Not that he did much either after that either, but still.

• 4 weeks later...