Conference Stacking: A Study

FacePuncher

Conference Stacking: A Study  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's been a while since I did something productive that might help out the BOG. This is just a minor thing, propelled by my own curiousity and want to help da league. Please answer the questions above and also post below why YOU think conferences are being stacked!

No

Not At All

Ye, in the future, sure.

Don't see how it's a huge problem. People play where they wanna play. Simple as that. Doubt it has anything to do with team - but more or less the people and how competitive the team is. IF every team on EU was shit and the best they had was Cologne this season, it would have been up to FA's to get something done. Luckily, HSK and STO are going to work!

i doubt anyone chooses to stack a conference.

TBH I feel like STO was able to convince people based on the fact that our conference is weaker, and gives us an easier path to the finals.

I feel like there's been some sort of imbalance between the conferences for most seasons I've been here (hell, we had playoff crossover in the pre-expansion years to address this). The situation was just more extreme with Calgary's FA signings a couple years ago.  The conferences are starting to look more balanced now with Stockholm and Helsinki improving though.  

Parity is overrated anyways. :P

Edited by solas

53 minutes ago, Banackock said:

No

Not At All

Ye, in the future, sure.

Don't see how it's a huge problem. People play where they wanna play. Simple as that. Doubt it has anything to do with team - but more or less the people and how competitive the team is. IF every team on EU was shit and the best they had was Cologne this season, it would have been up to FA's to get something done. Luckily, HSK and STO are going to work!

I am mostly looking at a theory I have that I've stated multiple times but no one has ever commented on so idk what to think haha. I think the only real 'dumb' thing about it is it can make finals matchups kinda boring like last year, but we've also seen near surprises that shouldn't have happened, but that's about it.

27 minutes ago, Jericho said:

i doubt anyone chooses to stack a conference.

TBH I feel like STO was able to convince people based on the fact that our conference is weaker, and gives us an easier path to the finals.

I'm just not sure about that.

And yeah, STO I think was able to do that. But looking at other years more recently, free agents have chosen to take big chances away from their cushy cup contender homes to risk missing the playoffs. I'm just wondering why? Like, it almost seems like at this point after your rookie contract is up, no halfway decent active player should miss the playoffs

21 minutes ago, solas said:

I feel like there's been some sort of imbalance between the conferences for most seasons I've been here (hell, we had playoff crossover in the pre-expansion years to address this). The situation was just more extreme with Calgary's FA signings a couple years ago.  The conferences are starting to look more balanced now with Stockholm and Helsinki improving though.  

Yeah, I haven't been around long enough to know that haha. I just know it seems like it has been talked about a lot lately like it was unusual, and I've certainly been noticing and wondering.

And see, that's the thing. The conferences are starting to look more balanced now, but now NAs top guys could be in some trouble next season with expiring contracts and retiring players and cap problems. So is it gonna be "everyone to he EU!"? I dunno. Just speculating.

VHL and parity don't get used in the same sentence haha. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just our league nature

39 minutes ago, solas said:

crossover might be worth revisiting.

33 minutes ago, Jericho said:

crossover might be worth revisiting.

Is it? I am not an experienced member so idk, it just seems like besides you and someone else (maybe you again haha) every time I hear someone propose that again experienced members all are like "nooooooooooonononononono" haha. Maybe I'm wrong, just that's what it seems like. Again, I wasn't around for that so idk