Game of Thrones

Victor

Gotta love how quick news of Tywin's death spread. Even Arya knows somehow lol.

you called that quick? It took atleast 10 months since he was killed. You think the characters don't live during the months they don't broadcast? Not their fault they can only afford 2,5 months of broadcasts per year.

Live shows are expensive these days  :(

• Admin

you called that quick? It took atleast 10 months since he was killed. You think the characters don't live during the months they don't broadcast? Not their fault they can only afford 2,5 months of broadcasts per year.

Live shows are expensive these days  :(

10 months wait for the funeral hahaha?

• Admin

Ugh this show is really starting to piss me off. Literally killing people for the sake of killing people.

I don't love Barristan, it's not amajor character death, it's just an annoying character death because why? Does nothing to advance the plot and there is literally no good characters left in Meereen. Can just fast forward through the scenes there.

On reflection it was actually a good episode, if the last scene didn't happen.

Read a good review somewhere (AV Club?) that made the case for the deaths. Think about: Who really gives a fuck about Meereen? I don't, you don't, nobody does. Even in the books this was the point where readers started to check out and wanted Dany to get on with doing something already.

One way to change that and actually give Dany some motivation to change her ways/character building, though, is to have some people close to her die. Ever since Drogo and Season 1, what all for her has really gone wrong before this, other than some random charred children in a field? If anything's an impetus for revenge or change, it's this. Plus, with Jorah/Tyrion presumably heading there, it's not like she's going to be without other major characters for long.

I don't like the sandsnakes, but more than that I *REALLY* don't like what they've turned Ellaria into. "Let me send her to Cersei, one finger at a time."

One of the biggest reasons the Dornish have wanted revenge is because of the mutilation of Rhaenys (iirc) and Aegon. Ellaria would take revenge in the form of "an eye for an eye" while simultaneously condemning the Lannisters for the same thing she'd be doing. I don't like when people do that. I get that they're adapting from the books but I don't like what they're doing with her character. I'd have rather one of the sandsnakes kept that torture crap than push it onto Ellaria.

I don't love Barristan, it's not amajor character death, it's just an annoying character death because why? Does nothing to advance the plot and there is literally no good characters left in Meereen.

Not necessarily. Though they could have left the plot more or less the same, they did need some sort of event to occur that both resonates with the audience and makes Dany start considering compromising on her morals. Having one of her most trusted companions die and another one also maybe die or be very wounded will drive her into desperation to stop Harpy terrorists. Enter the Harzoo zo Loraq plotline.

I'm quite sad about Barry dying though. Other than the fact that most the Unsullied suddenly seemed like they forgot their torturous life's training in combat, that last scene WAS super badass.

Bronn dying probably wouldn't be for the sake of it either. Obviously such an event would dismay Jaime a great deal, and when he discovers that Cersei lied and manipulated him into going to Dorne in the first place, he gon snap.

I don't like the sandsnakes, but more than that I *REALLY* don't like what they've turned Ellaria into. "Let me send her to Cersei, one finger at a time."

One of the biggest reasons the Dornish have wanted revenge is because of the mutilation of Rhaenys (iirc) and Aegon. Ellaria would take revenge in the form of "an eye for an eye" while simultaneously condemning the Lannisters for the same thing she'd be doing. I don't like when people do that. I get that they're adapting from the books but I don't like what they're doing with her character. I'd have rather one of the sandsnakes kept that torture crap than push it onto Ellaria.

Honestly, I think it would have fit perfectly with Obara. Ellaria, not so much