Game of Thrones

Victor

I liked episode 2 better.... no dorne was probably a good reason why :P

Roose being the smart and calculating guy he is you would think would be a little more cautious with Ramsay especially since he just told him he no good with Sansa gone and then he goes and has his boy. Ramsay ruling the Boltons makes them a wildcard as they will be much more aggressive but I think Ramsay will overextend the Boltons.

Then that weird Greyjoy bridge scene, I suppose book readers probably know who that other guy is or something, he his brother. Why are these leaders just going around with no guards or protection or anything? And why do they travel over some garbage bridge like that in a storm?

So Tyrion is apparently friendly with the dragons, no longer in captivity I wonder what they do

Jon Snow lives woo woo! 

Lastly, still no LittleFinger after 2 episodes. The games biggest player is still missing, last said he was going to invade Winterfell and become Warden of the North. I bet he comes in and does something crazy eventually

Pretty strong episode from start to finish. The fantastical elements of the show are finally starting to come together a bit better. Not just in CG/Production but in showcasing the actual true nature of this universe. The Tyrion dragon scene did a great job of showcasing how intelligent the Dragons are. The show did a lot of work in the first couple seasons selling the threat that these fantasy elements (Dragons, Dire Wolves, Children of the Forest, Ice Zombies, Lord of Light etc) was not some random act of nothing. It was trying to say that once upon a time this world was run and dominated by sentient, intelligent, fantastical forces. The shift of the show is the battle between the humans who have played medi-evil since the fantasy elements have gone dormant. Now that they are returning, how will things shake out?

To that end the decision, an obvious one but still the right one, to bring Jon back makes perfect sense. Next we need to really take a deep dive and show us what is going on with the dire wolves, something we've all wondered since even season one. The camera at that end scene spent a good time on Ghost, and in the first season they put some importance on these dire wolves being connected to the central Stark characters for some purpose or reason. 

No Dorne as well was a good thing. We need to spend less time there. I'm also starting to really like, hate the Ramsay stuff. Not hate in the way they want me to either. He's the most one dimensional character the show has ever seen. He's an evil murdering rapist psychopath with absolutely zero depth. We don't get any insight into what drove or is driving him to be so insane, he's just absolutely mad. I don't see the point in continued scenes with him other than to showcase him murdering off characters the writers don't have any use for any longer. And unless they are building him up this much, so we can see some arrogant Ramsay that feels unstoppable get trampled by the ice zombies to our satisfaction I don't really see a valuable end game with his continued focus honestly. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

I'm also starting to really like, hate the Ramsay stuff. Not hate in the way they want me to either. He's the most one dimensional character the show has ever seen. He's an evil murdering rapist psychopath with absolutely zero depth. We don't get any insight into what drove or is driving him to be so insane, he's just absolutely mad. I don't see the point in continued scenes with him other than to showcase him murdering off characters the writers don't have any use for any longer. And unless they are building him up this much, so we can see some arrogant Ramsay that feels unstoppable get trampled by the ice zombies to our satisfaction I don't really see a valuable end game with his continued focus honestly. 

I agree and disagree here. On one hand, it would have been nice to give Ramsay a little bit of his backstory, which I will provide in the spoilers below. And I do think they're building him up a little much, considering he shouldn't logically have that much power with his pops dead, because he's a lunatic incapable of inspiring anything but fear and mutiny. But at the same time, not EVERY character needs to be 3D. He's a wildcard psycho who is going to fuck things up for himself and his house, and that's all he really needs to be. Plus I do find him genuinely terrifying most the time. After he killed Roose and called for Walda and the baby, I was squirming uncomfortably the entire next scene, wondering exactly how he was going to commit this particular murder. It was nice.

Roose was hunting some foxes one day, a miller had married a wench without his consent, he hanged the miller and raped his new wife below his dangling body. A year later she comes to the Dreadfort with this baby who looks exactly like him, he thinks about murdering them both. Doesn't because no one is accursed as a kinslayer. He sends her off with some things and tells her to never tell the kid who his father is. She keeps coming back for more things. He sends her a smelly servant named Reek as a joke. Reek and Ramsay both happen to be sociopaths so they get along well. Meanwhile, Roose has had a trueborn son named Domeric (who I think was a bit older than Ramsay), who apparently is a pretty pleasant and standup kid. He was always an only child who wanted a brother, so when he found out he had one, he insisted on seeking him out. They hung out for a while until Ramsay and/or Reek presumably poisoned him. Though the death was pronounced an "illness in the belly," Roose has no doubt Ramsay did it. However he's widowed now and is pretty hardcore, so he just kind of goes with it and starts raising Ramsay at his castle I guess. He's an opportunistic dude so I suppose he figured if he doesn't find another heir, he can always inherit to Ramsay, even though he's a fuckhead. The end.

All that being said, I too find it odd that Roose wouldn't have been more careful around Ramsay, considering he's been threatening to disown/murder him for some time now. But I guess he would be as surprised as I was to find that Harrion Karstark threw in with Ramsay instead of himself.

1 hour ago, boom said:

Stay tuned for Ep3 when we see who the writers kill after playing the spin the bottle on who dies next.

In order of likelihood:

- Ser Alliser, Olly and Friends

- People who fuck with FrankenGregor

- Flashback Northmen

- Generic Ironborn

- Melisandre

- Daario

I wasn't a huge fan of episode 1 but I really liked episode 2.  Particularly loved Euron showing up and the scene between Tyrion and the dragons.  And Jon Snow returning, of course.  I haven't gotten too far in the books though (only halfway through ASOS) so I don't know if the Euron/Balon scene was entirely true to the books - although based on what I've seen other people saying the Greyjoy plotline was a bit shortened.

And based on the preview, episode 3 looks good as well.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, solas said:

I wasn't a huge fan of episode 1 but I really liked episode 2.  Particularly loved Euron showing up and the scene between Tyrion and the dragons.  And Jon Snow returning, of course.  I haven't gotten too far in the books though (only halfway through ASOS) so I don't know if the Euron/Balon scene was entirely true to the books - although based on what I've seen other people saying the Greyjoy plotline was a bit shortened.

And based on the preview, episode 3 looks good as well.

The books alluded to Euron being involved in Balon's death but more likely due to some black magic (which kind of ties in to his "I'm the Drowned God" claims and the storm taking place). We don't actually see it happen though, but I don't blame them for actually explaining who Euron is like this.

i have the first book, but have yet to read it... probably will wait until after the series ends.

Episode 2 was amazing. Finally seeing Bran back after a full season and a bit... alluding to hodor's back story, and of course my personal favourite: Mountain staring down the drunk with full armour and a beastly sword, but then just ramming his head into the wall. LOL 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

i have the first book, but have yet to read it... probably will wait until after the series ends.

Episode 2 was amazing. Finally seeing Bran back after a full season and a bit... alluding to hodor's back story, and of course my personal favourite: Mountain staring down the drunk with full armour and a beastly sword, but then just ramming his head into the wall. LOL 

I forgot all about Qyborn treating The Mountain, until I saw Cersei's guard. That fucker is still huge, but I realize they must be using staging to increase his size even more.

6R9bqYe.jpg

• Admin
5 hours ago, JPL said:

Who thinks R+L=J will be confirmed Sunday?!

Could be. Does the title Oathbreaker tie in with it at all?

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I don't know how zombie Mountain finds all this time to be in the VHL playoffs and at King's Landing at the same time.

Need to practice smashing Toronto where it's legal to do so.

On 5/3/2016 at 1:46 PM, Victor said:

The books alluded to Euron being involved in Balon's death but more likely due to some black magic (which kind of ties in to his "I'm the Drowned God" claims and the storm taking place). We don't actually see it happen though, but I don't blame them for actually explaining who Euron is like this.

Well, in ASOS there's the scene with the Ghost of High Heart where she pretty much flat out tells the BWB that a Faceless Man does the deed. Either way, I can understand the show simplifying it.

• Admin
7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Well, in ASOS there's the scene with the Ghost of High Heart where she pretty much flat out tells the BWB that a Faceless Man does the deed. Either way, I can understand the show simplifying it.

Oh yeah BWB, I wonder if they got reunited with Gendry in show purgatory.

13 hours ago, Victor said:

Oh yeah BWB, I wonder if they got reunited with Gendry in show purgatory.

Thoros' actor is confirmed to return! So that could mean a number of things.

• Admin

I read a while before this season that there might be a prequel season (series?) around Robert's Rebellion after the show's done. Judging by the fact there will be a Bran flashback to that tower with Lyanna tomorrow, I'm hoping they get some continuity and retain whichever actors they picked for the flashbacks here.

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

When Walda handed Ramsay the baby I was worried he was just going to snap it's neck or throw it over the wall right then and there, but I guess Ramsay was doggin it

Seriously, though. People were saying that what happened was brutal, but I expected worse.