Game of Thrones

Victor

I thought the battle was damn brilliant, despite everyone knowing that Diddlefinger was going to be the last minute difference maker for half the season. Was absolutely just brutal, confusing, and chaotic. My one gripe was that none of the Northmen turned on Ramsay, but it was so epic I'll let it slide.

I don't think "predictability" is a very fair gripe. If Jon's army stood a chance to begin with it would have still been predictable, it was simply Ramsay's time to lose. Sure, Jon could have kept his cool and let the Bolton cavalry run into the trenches, but that wouldn't have been as compelling as a fight, and this way sets up conflict between Jon and Sansa and the Diddler. 

There was definitely pros and cons, but you could easily argue this fight to be on a level with Blackwater and Hardhome, if not better. Definitely was the most brutal skirmish not only of the series, but possibly of most things on screen.

I give it... a 10! A 10! A fuckin 10! #ripbillybob

• Admin

Yeah, knowing the book specifics of the northern politics is slightly frustrating too. I suppose the show didn't have the time or  capacity to go into that level of detail. Nonetheless, I'm not a huge fan of the Umbers basically turncloaking for good, nor the untimely demise of Rickon.

How did Davos find the spot Shireen was burned right outside of Winterfell? The whole point she was burned was that Stannis army was really far from Winterfell and needed the snow to go away, so now she was magically burned right outside Winterfell for some reason?

2 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

How did Davos find the spot Shireen was burned right outside of Winterfell? The whole point she was burned was that Stannis army was really far from Winterfell and needed the snow to go away, so now she was magically burned right outside Winterfell for some reason?

wow i didnt even catch that but now it seems like such a glaring plot hole 

Outstanding episode. Talk about putting things on camera people have wanted to see for years. Winter has finally come indeed.

Edited by Shaka

Amazing episode. It's weird seeing so many of the theories and such that people had really get confirmed this season. Although that Tommen death shocked the hell out of me. I also didn't think Cersei would destroy nearly as many people with that one thing as she did here. Next season is going to be crazy, strange, because all the characters who are still alive and important are all going to be within reaching distance of each other. What in the blue hell does that mean for possible scenarios, battles, alliances etc?

Dany/Jon going to be a relationship thing btw? The great reveal, but one that most saw coming with Jon being the son of Ned's sister and the Mad King, and Dany realizing she needs alliances in Westeros could lead to a weird brother/sister thing. Which is after all a Targaryen thing. Anyway, was a pretty strong season. All the threads wrapping up so fast is really the only complaint, but it's kind of necessary when you had as much building as the show has. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

Amazing episode. It's weird seeing so many of the theories and such that people had really get confirmed this season. Although that Tommen death shocked the hell out of me. I also didn't think Cersei would destroy nearly as many people with that one thing as she did here. Next season is going to be crazy, strange, because all the characters who are still alive and important are all going to be within reaching distance of each other. What in the blue hell does that mean for possible scenarios, battles, alliances etc?

Dany/Jon going to be a relationship thing btw? The great reveal, but one that most saw coming with Jon being the son of Ned's sister and the Mad King, and Dany realizing she needs alliances in Westeros could lead to a weird brother/sister thing. Which is after all a Targaryen thing. Anyway, was a pretty strong season. All the threads wrapping up so fast is really the only complaint, but it's kind of necessary when you had as much building as the show has. 

Rhaegar is Daenerys’s older brother, so she would be wedding her nephew. I don't know if that makes anyone feel better about the potential incest haha.

I couldn't believe Cersei wen't through with it. It just solidifies my belief that she has been the legitimate evil character since killing Robert. In a way, she's "gone mad." She showed little emotion regarding Tommen's death and I think it opens up to Jamie finally killing her. I had to go back and read what the prophecy was about for Cersei after the foretelling of her children's deaths: “And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.” We were made to believe at times she believed "the valonqar"(which means little brother) to be Tyrion, but Jamie is also in-fact younger than her. I can not wait for Jamie to choke a bitch with his golden hand haha. That would come full circle for the soon to be Queen Slayer.

Little finger looked like a 17-year-old at prom without a date posted up against the wall plotting his revenge on the popular kids. If Sansa knows what's good for her brother she'll send his ass packing. The writers didn't share that little tidbit about his unique goal setting approach for funsies.

Oh, and Varys moves at the speed of light apparently.

• Admin
6 hours ago, Shaka said:

Oh, and Varys moves at the speed of light apparently.

Yeah show's understanding of time is warped. Although, if Varys wasn't in Dorne they would have had me convinced....

Well, we could say that Dorne/Essos/Iron Islands are slightly ahead of King's Landing/Riverrun/North.

Anyway, they killed off a lot of people. Dem loose ends. Fucking King in the North again ffs. There are like no heirs to any throne. Baratheon line is extinguished. AHHHH

Huge missed opportunity to end the episode called WINDS OF WINTER on a shot of the fucking White Walkers. You know, the counterweight to dragons and Jon Snow.

On 2016-06-27 at 8:49 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

awesome finale

I still think Littlefinger is going to sit on the throne, at least temporarily before this is all over. 

I don't think Cersei is done blowing shit up, so he may be King of the Ashes.

I finally got to watch the finale FUCKING LAST NIGHT I HAD TO WAIT DAYS IT WAS TORTURE.

And it was fucking awesome.

I knew Cersei was going to go full Mad Queen, but damn. Those shots of all those characters being vaporized were bananas. And while I did expect him to die, I did not expect Tommen would step down from his kingship. That whole opening scene was unbelievable, and perfect.

Diddlefinger gave me the heebie jeebies as per usual. It's worrisome what he'll do now that Sansa has spurned him and allowed Jon Snowgaryen to take the reins. DAKINGINDANORF!

Speaking of spurned lovers, I've always thought Book Daario was going to do some sketchy shit, and I think they've set the stage for that now too. Dany's scenes were mint all around, her ship was badass, even with the inexplicably fast moving Varys + Tyrell + Dornish navy. I mean, it's not like they're specifically documenting the characters lives second by second, so I suppose months could have passed in between Varys leaving and returning, but still, it was a little off-putting.

Sam and I had a synchronized nerdgasm. Him because of the books, and me because OMG THAT CHANDELIER IS IN THE OPENING CREDITS WHAT.

Olenna talking shit was triply as satisfying as usual being directed at the Sand Snakes.

All in all, a very good time.

...Now we just have to wait a year...

.....for 6 or 7 episodes.......