Game of Thrones

Victor

Yeah I can tell the series is probably turning around into something a lot more epic, and I'm excited for next season, I just found everything after that a little anti-climatic.  They build up all this tension and then kind of ignore it before it peaks and move on.  I was thinking maybe they'd gun down Carl for like, no reason.  Or something fun like that.  Clearly I'm too invested in this series that I expect/hope for things like that to happen :P.

If Walking Dead was Game of Thrones, the showdown at the prison would have been Episode 9, then Episode 10 would have been everyone going to Terminus, getting there, and everything that happened in the Walking Dead finale.

I'm excgarating a little, but you get it.

Edited by JardyB10

Yeah I can tell the series is probably turning around into something a lot more epic, and I'm excited for next season, I just found everything after that a little anti-climatic.  They build up all this tension and then kind of ignore it before it peaks and move on.  I was thinking maybe they'd gun down Carl for like, no reason.  Or something fun like that.  Clearly I'm too invested in this series that I expect/hope for things like that to happen :P.

Well I've broken this down before, but I'll do it again for the lulz. The old showrunner, Glen Mazzara, left the show in absolute shambles at the end of the third season. Scott Gimple was brought in to fix things. So Season 4A was basically a mulligan on Season 3B, bringing an end to the prison arc. I think Season 4B was brilliant in that it split the characters up and we got to learn a lot more about them, as well as pushing them further in their individual arcs. Now we've ended this season with the majority of the group reunited, and effectively at the beginning the Hunters story arc from the comics. I expect Season 5A will be dealing with Terminus, and Season 5B will be the trek to D.C.

• Admin

One week.  ONE WEEK!  THAT'S ONLY HOW LONG WE'LL BE WAITING AFTER EACH NEW EPISODE NOW!  THERE'S ONLY 10 ONE WEEK WAITS LEFT HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

what's worse, there will be a 2 week break at some point

Railroad promised a bittersweet ending for ASOIAF.  So it will probably be incredibly similar except for the fact we won't be rooting for (all of) the main characters to die at the end, but they probably will anyway.

A popular joke is that the world will be almost completely fucked and covered in snow, dead people, dead dragons, dead white walkers and zombies strewn about... And Uncle Benjen will casually stroll back and be all like, "Hey guys!  What'd I all miss??"

• Admin

See Season 1 Episode 9.

I did say finale. :P

Should we expect the eventual series finale to be episode 9 too (of a 10-episode season)? I wouldn't even be surprised. I will be awaiting Ned Stark's death v3 (SPOILER) and dragons.

The original series won't be done until like, 2020 optimistically... so who knows.  I feel like the Season 7/8 series finale will be super epic and make everyone poop.  And cry.  And smile.  And cry.

As for this season, they'll *vague expectation spoiler* definitely be setting up another Ned tragedy(ies).  Almost every episode will be actively flirting with killing one or two or three of our favourite characters, including Hodor.  Then when it all comes to an end, that exact thing(s) may or may not happen.  YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND FIND OUT!! :dribble:

When I was reading about the next book in a George R.R. Martin interview he said if the TV show passes the books he can always use his alternate ending where the red comet crashes into the planet and the series ends with the planet being completely destroyed and absolutely everything dead.

When I was reading about the next book in a George R.R. Martin interview he said if the TV show passes the books he can always use his alternate ending where the red comet crashes into the planet and the series ends with the planet being completely destroyed and absolutely everything dead.

Weird, I thought of a similar tinfoil ending on Reddit last night

TV SPOILERS S1-S3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0

It felt weird when he was going over all the names nobody knows, and I knew every single one of them and thought he was an idiot for 95% of them.

THAT'S JEOR MORMONT!  AND OSHA!  AND ASHA/YARA GREYJOY!  AND BALON GREYJOY! AND SYRIO FOREL, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW SYRIO FOREL?? FUCKIN' MAESTER LUWIN.  MANCE FUCKING RAYDER.  THE FUCKING LIGHTNING LORD BERIC DONDARION. BARRISTAN THE FUCKING BOLD SELMY DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW THAT. 

And R+L=J is common knowledge.