Game of Thrones

Victor

I think that Olenna/the Tyrells poisoned Joffrey. Aside from the clues that might have been there in the wedding scene (that apparently I didn't catch :D), there is one thing that gives it away for me: When she makes that comment about "Killing a man at a wedding, which monster would do such a thing?" midway through the episode... Kind of makes me think that it was her. Probably someone else (Tyrion? Varys? Littlefinger?) is in on this as well, but I think Olenna was the main force behind the plan.

House Tyrell is my favorite anyway so I hope it was them who did it :D. They certainly aren't the good guys or anything, but I sure like their sneaky approach to the game of thrones...

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

Except she's not going to be queen on her own, isn't Tommen next in line? And Cersei just gets to be Queen Regent again or w/e.

Correct.  Wives in Westeros don't get shit.  Their babies do, but the line of succession (ignoring Lannister bastardry) goes:

-> Tommen

-> Myrcella

-> Stannis

-> Shireen

After that, I'm not too sure.

Well technically they are not legal heirs Stannis is the rightful true king.  However he is a usurper from Robert so Daenerys is the true leader of the realm in the current state I'd talk about that more but don't want to give any spoilers.

Well, Robert DID win the throne by right of conquest.  So "technically" it is still Stannis' rightfully.  But Dany has dragons, and apparently all the fucking time in the world so she can "easily" win it back.  The fact that some people might cheer for a return of the Targaryens might also help.

At any rate, there's too much that goes on to get hung up on succession laws, so it's not too relevant.

Littlefinger is gonna end up king somehow

He'll definitely be getting more screen time than ever before moving forward.  I wouldn't say hes going to be king yet but he basically is going to be trying to take advantage of sansa now.

He'll definitely be getting more screen time than ever before moving forward.  I wouldn't say hes going to be king yet but he basically is going to be trying to take advantage of sansa now.

For sure. I think he killed Joffrey because he wanted chaos, because him being as smart/sneaky as he is, he thrives under chaos more than anything. The throne is pretty wide open right now, especially seeing as how the only person with a leigt claim to it who seems to be trying to get it is Stannis. Now, I haven't read the books so I have no idea, but I could certainly see Littlefinger being the biggest winner out of all of this.

Or he could be killed off next episode  knowing this show lol

• Admin

Hound was a dick this episode but makes a good point.

Baelish is a sly motherfucker who now makes me think there was some major conspiracy to kill Joffrey involving Littlefinger and... someone. Varys for the lulz.

Tywin is badass. Lovely history lesson. I like Tommen.

And indeed, with all due respect to Dany's all-conquering Essos ways, it does appear Tywin will die of old age by the time she crosses the Narrow Sea.

I think Littlefinger is such a great creepy character, but for some reason I think that he won't be alive that much longer. Hope I'm wrong though :D

PS: Am I the only one who thinks that Daenerys is incredibly overrated :P?

In what way? As a leader, character or hottness? If it's the last one frig off she's perfect.

In what way? As a leader, character or hottness? If it's the last one frig off she's perfect.

All of these things, kind of. I just feel like most fans love her character so much (for some it might be the role she plays in the story, for others her hottness) and I don't really share that. She looks good but not that great and her character and storyline are kind of meh, not bad but not great either.

All of these things, kind of. I just feel like most fans love her character so much (for some it might be the role she plays in the story, for others her hottness) and I don't really share that. She looks good but not that great and her character and storyline are kind of meh, not bad but not great either.

a lot of people I know hate her storyline tbh. I'm not big on it to be honest lol.

and yeah Arya the GOAT

From the books, Arya is probably my favorite story line going. Just because of all of its potential. 

Dany will get better, but needs to hurry it up with this conquering of Westeros thing. I've gotten a bit bored with it... So many points for it to jump, then just dies.

Dany's pretty middle of the road for me.  Although she does have the greatest chapter of all time in ADWD, so there's that.

Jaime and Davos are the two living characters who share my favourite in terms of personality and chapters. 

In the books, my favourite non-POV character is Tormund Giantsbane, and it's not even a little bit close.  There is not a single line he says that is not brilliant and/or a dick joke.  The TV show is really fucking him up, if they don't fix him by the end of this season I'll lose my marbles.  Assuming he doesn't die <_<.