Game of Thrones

Victor

Wasn't as good as the other great episodes they've had recently.  Though my buddy who hasn't read the books (also only a casual fan of show) and didn't like the start of the season liked an episode like this where people die like getting gooed by that swing of death on the wall.

• Admin

That was forgettable. I had a feeling this would be a season where episodes 8 and 10 were superior to 9. Just to fuck with us.

Also, damn, no Stannis. Can we get back to King's Landing please?

• Admin

It was well made and played and all, but what significance does it have for the overall plot? The battle wasn't even won.

Probably the fairest comparison would be Blackwater and I found that was a more exciting and spectacular battle and it was impacted by more people and events and impacted more people and events itself.

The main thing for the plot is that they fended off the Southern wildling flank.  It was an unreal episode, after five minutes it was just straight intensity the rest of the way through.  BUT THEY KILLED PYP AND GRENN! :'(

• Admin

The main thing for the plot is that they fended off the Southern wildling flank.  It was an unreal episode, after five minutes it was just straight intensity the rest of the way through.  BUT THEY KILLED PYP AND GRENN! :'(

a pretty stupid way to "test their defences" by slaughtering an important strategic unit which should be used for the real attack.

I dunno. I didn't dislike it... it will take a lot for me to come close to disliking a Game of Thrones episode but we're talking about an episode nine here.

Episode 10 will be 66 minutes long though. I expect everything to happen. I mean everything.