Game of Thrones

Victor

I'm a bit disappointed Sandro's link only goes back to the season 3 finale.

Yeah. :( The person that made it said she might go back and do the whole series in the off-season.

A lot of the book readers pissed off he didn't say "Only Cat..." the fact that you didn't like "Your sister" shows a clear bias towards the books.

"Only Cat" would have meant nothing to show watchers. My cousin was pissed about this him and I told him he was a little fag boy nitpicking. "Your sister" is wickedly insulting - more so than "Only Cat".

I'm not actually pissed, more just very lightly disappointed.  "Your sister" was fine, I am just nitpicking because it's such a brilliant show that that's all I can do.  It's just that "Only Cat" was such a memorable line, and I thought they were setting it up because Lysa specifically called her Cat in the previous episode.  Honestly (more nitpicking) I'm more disappointed that she screamed when she fell. The silence in the books was super Eyrie eerie, it was lovely.  But I couldn't really give a shit about either change, considering <90% of the changes they make are for the best.

I do wish they left the "I poisoned my husband" reveal there though.

Two key moments (Oberyn declaring himself Tyrion's champion and of course the last scene) a bit anti-climactic for me since I deduced the first and had accidentally read about the second long before.

Still fucking awesome.

Also the title of Episode 8 is "The Mountain and the Viper," which was revealed before the season aired, haha.

The whole timeline in the books being messed up or maybe the re-arranging of the show to get all the characters in a little threw me off a bit.  I was expecting some different things to happen especially more with

Stannis headed to the wall

and how far they have gone with Pod and Brienne already.  I'm starting to think they end the season with either

Stannis showing up at the wall for an epic start to next season or when Pod and Brienne meeting up with a certain blow your mind character reveal.

Edited by JardyB10

• Admin

"Also the title of Episode 8 is "The Mountain and the Viper," which was revealed before the season aired, haha."

This I didn't know until after but yeah, they weren't very subtle about it. I guess that explains putting it in the trailer, since it was obvious enough.

Still I know a lot of people were quite pleased with themselves for guessing it beforehand. So nice ego boost for everyone. Good work GoT.

The whole timeline in the books being messed up or maybe the re-arranging of the show to get all the characters in a little threw me off a bit.  I was expecting some different things to happen especially more with

Stannis headed to the wall

and how far they have gone with Pod and Brienne already.  I'm starting to think they end the season with either

Stannis showing up at the wall for an epic start to next season or when Pod and Brienne meeting up with a certain blow your mind character reveal.

I don't know if those things you said are TECHNICALLY spoilers because it was lightly implied last season, but try not reveal too much, especially since there's so many details that the show-only people don't necessarily know that.

So good. As a book reader, there were three main scenes I was looking forward to this season: Littlefinger and the Moon Door, the Mountain/Viper fight, and the book's epilogue that I presume will be in some form in Episode 10. The first one was cool, but this scene... absolutely perfect. I can't get over it.