2017 NHL Playoffs Discussion

Higgins

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Tyler said:

of course there's no discussion now that the great david schlemko is returning

ps @Fire Hakstol you're gonna get your wish soon what a pathetic start from a team i thought would make the playoffs

I hope the Flyers keep losing just so Hakstol gets fired. He's a disgrace of a coach. I have three major problems with him:

1) His obsession with veterans who have no talent. Guys like Lehtera and Weise should never be dressed over more skilled forwards who can actually skate in Weal and Leir, but because they have a "veteran presence" they are playing even though they are clearly much worse. Additionally, if veterans make terrible turnovers or mistakes, they aren't held accountable at all, yet if any of the young guys do it they get benched.

2) Turtling/Parking the bus with the lead. In the third period if we have a lead, he will just start parking the bus, and again only put out his "reliable veterans" who maybe they are a little more defensively responsible, but they aren't play drivers and just keeps the team pinned in their own end the whole period. The best defense is a good offense because the other team can't score when the puck is in their own end.

3) The penalty kill has been absolutely terrible since he's arrived, yet he refuses to fire the penalty kill coach Lappierre. Lappy is a good guy and I like him but a terrible coach. 

42 minutes ago, Bring Back Chat said:

I hope the Flyers keep losing just so Hakstol gets fired. He's a disgrace of a coach. I have three major problems with him:

1) His obsession with veterans who have no talent. Guys like Lehtera and Weise should never be dressed over more skilled forwards who can actually skate in Weal and Leir, but because they have a "veteran presence" they are playing even though they are clearly much worse. Additionally, if veterans make terrible turnovers or mistakes, they aren't held accountable at all, yet if any of the young guys do it they get benched.

2) Turtling/Parking the bus with the lead. In the third period if we have a lead, he will just start parking the bus, and again only put out his "reliable veterans" who maybe they are a little more defensively responsible, but they aren't play drivers and just keeps the team pinned in their own end the whole period. The best defense is a good offense because the other team can't score when the puck is in their own end.

3) The penalty kill has been absolutely terrible since he's arrived, yet he refuses to fire the penalty kill coach Lappierre. Lappy is a good guy and I like him but a terrible coach. 

Well I mean too, Schenn for Lehtera is a terrible trade in any world

1 hour ago, Bring Back Chat said:

Simmonds vs galchenyuk

Lets do it

1 minute ago, Kesler said:

Sutter-Dorsett duo was so good. Why the fuck did they both have to get hurt lmao.

because thats who they are as players. Sutter i am pretty sure may have had only one season where he played all 82 games other than that he gets hurt its a given. plus Dorsett had fucking spinal surgery just a year ago so I don't think he will be healthy for a full year ever again

1 hour ago, Bring Back Chat said:

Schenn for Lehtera and 2 1sts. I imagine Lehtera was just a throw in but it looks like the Flyers actually think he's useful for some reason

Lol that deal looks even worse when St.Louis has played Schenn with Taradank and Schwartz, I imagine he wasnt playing that kind of talent on Philly.