WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

31 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Yeah, I'm really struggling to care about WWE recently. Only thing I really check up on nowadays is Rusev, because he's awesome. 

CWC is outstanding, and the next Takeover should be great. Summerslam...I'm a little meh on it. I'm much more looking forward to this week's CWC. 

Just now, der meister said:

CWC is outstanding, and the next Takeover should be great. Summerslam...I'm a little meh on it. I'm much more looking forward to this week's CWC. 

Yeah, the CWC and NXT stuff sounds good (probably won't get around to watching them unfortunately), but the main shows just don't interest me. 

• Commissioner

So... they finally give a world title to another young guy who actually deserves it and then he relinquishes it a day later? Wow, what a run <_<

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

So... they finally give a world title to another young guy who actually deserves it and then he relinquishes it a day later? Wow, what a run <_<

Not to mention both "top" title matches were booked way early on the SS card. It's so obvious Hhh and Vince have creative differences at this point.

1 hour ago, gorlab said:

anybody watching the stardom 5* GP ???

better than that trash wwe product :cig:

I haven't watched a WWE card since Rumble in January. I'm back reading results again since the brand extension but still haven't seen anything to make me want to tune in. I even stopped reading results from mania to the draft stuff. 

Edited by Mr. Power

• Commissioner
On August 23, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Harry F'n Hans said:

That Universal Title looks garbage tbh

All these new ones do. I don’t mind the design of the World Title but all these colours belts look ridiculous IMO. A championship belt should be black, or at most white; simple as that. The old World title looked like something awe inspiring; the new one is okay and at least branded well, but the Universal Title and these new blue tag titles and all that shit is ridiculously ugly.

On 8/28/2016 at 10:19 AM, Beketov said:

All these new ones do. I don’t mind the design of the World Title but all these colours belts look ridiculous IMO. A championship belt should be black, or at most white; simple as that. The old World title looked like something awe inspiring; the new one is okay and at least branded well, but the Universal Title and these new blue tag titles and all that shit is ridiculously ugly.

I miss Big Gold

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched the Rumble, the first WWE event I've watched all the way through in a while (think the last one was the Payback after Wrestlemania 32), I found it pretty enjoyable. I'll put this in spoilers in case someone's waiting till later to watch it:

Spoiler

Even as someone who doesn't hate Reigns and hopes the masses will eventually come around on him, I was pissed off when he entered #30. I thought Orton winning was kinda cool, the RKO mid-spear looked great and I wouldn't have expected him to win heading into it, but at the same time, I wouldn't say I want to see him wrestle for a title at Mania considering how many he's already had. It'll depend on who he faces; I really liked his match with Rollins at WM 31, so if it's anything like that I'll be alright.

Thought the "surprises" this year were also kinda lame as well, all I can think of who would count as surprises were Gallagher and Dillinger (technically Mark Henry as well since I haven't heard him mentioned in a while), and since I don't watch NXT or 205 live, that didn't really resonate with me. 

But outside of that, I'd say I enjoyed it. 

14 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

It'll depend on who he faces

Bray Wyatt

I was pissed off when he entered #30

Me too. Unnecessary move by bookers.

Dillinger

Wasn't a surprise, cause he's 10 and his entrance number was 10 as well.

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

Wasn't a surprise, cause he's 10 and his entrance number was 10 as well.

I understand the gimmick, it'd still count as a surprise though since I believe that's his main roster debut as Dillinger and there was never any guarantee he'd be in the Rumble.

Me and my roomate caught it, first WWE thing I've watched in a while. We mostly caught the Cena/AJ match and the Rumble. Cena/AJ was okay, but people are overrating the shit out of it. It was very sloppy and didn't flow during a lot of places, the submission exchange being a perfect example of that. I also felt how they built the false finishes didn't make sense. AJ should of only kicked out of Super AA if he was going to win, and it very much felt like WWE trying to have Cena do the "Japan thing" of hit finisher after finisher to show dominance. It was an alright match still though.

I hated the Rumble. Booked awfully. Who looked good in that Rumble? Who? Orton? Maybe? I don't know. Having all of Goldberg, Lesnar and Taker come out last, which I kind of figured they might avoid but was worried about gas tanks was a horrible decision. Because it lead the obvious of them mercing everyone in the ring, and then each eliminating each other save for Taker who Roman gets the rub from eliminating. Meanwhile, all the rest of the roster the ones carrying the show all year round as usual are on the ground, looking like jobbers in comparison to the three part timers. My roomate also thought it was kind of funny that I predicted every RKO before it happened despite the fact that Cole kept saying "out of nowhere!" :P TBF the "Orton RKO's a bunch of people spot" has been played to death at the rumble and it's allure is so dead now it's not even funny.

Thats the whole Rumble to me this year. The booking was just trash, no memorable returns from older stars, no real memorable match moments, it was just a grind and while sure Orton winning may set up Orton/Wyatt...that company has a roster full of guys ready to break out, hell a roster full of guys I'm interested in and grew up in the indies watching and they can't make me even care to tune in. The booking is simply as god awful as it has ever been imo. It's just so lazy, which I think is my biggest issue with it. They take no time to try to come up with something new, innovative, ground changing or even evolving. @Advantage and I had a great conversation about the lack of evolution particularly in WWE, not only as it compares to other wrestling like NJPW and Indies but even to real sports, which WWE is of course "scripting" itself to appear similar too. Real sports evolve all the damn time. It's what makes them so compelling. Yet since PG era of WWE began, you could of replaced all the faces in the company and they nearly have, yet the booking and how the card is presented and how the titles/feuds are presented is always the same. I remember watching the AJ/Cena hype video going "really, how many bloody times have I seen this angle leading into a Cena match?"

Anyway, I'll probably skip Mania unless something seriously changes. But I figured why not check out the Rumble, it's been quite a while since I sat down and watched their product. Also, way too many fucking commentators. Whose idea was it to throw 8 different guys out there? I get that they have different brands again, but it's just a silly way to present a show. You end up wasting too much time introing guys and focusing on the commentators, they have enough undercard guys on the roster with no air time :smh: