WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

Normally I would not comment, but I get tired of hearing the word "fake" in front of wrestling.

Lets watch a fake black guy shoot his way to saving his wife...that is Django Unchained..and that is fake yet no one cares.  You won't see me saying "HA ITS FAKE"...it's a fucking movie and this is a tv show.

Wrestling is scripted but guys actually take the bumps.  For those that have been in the ring, they know that the ropes alone suck to run, much less taking bumps in the ring, outside the ring, etc.

If it's a TV show, and if you want to pass off a comparison to a movie (Django Unchained) as valid, then the thread should go to the off-topic section. It is in fact fake, you know it as well as everyone else, and if you are still entertained, that's great. I'm entertained by other fake shows, GOT for example. You don't see me going around calling GOT a sport, or talking about it in the "Other Sports" section. The GOT thread is where? Off-topic. If wrestling is to be considered a TV show, then sure, its fakeness is to be expected as with other scripted entertainment, but that qualifies it for off-topic. If it's supposed to be considered a sport, then being fake and scripted is a valid complaint, no matter how many times you hear it.

There is a major difference between fake, and scripted. Fake implies everything occurs is completely according to plan, and no accidents can possibly formulate. Its scripted, because while the outcome may be predetermined, every wrestler risks their body when entering that ring. Botches, miscues, and accidents occur quite commonly in this industry. So while I would not label it a sport, and it more so resembles a television show, fake is not the ideal choice of word.

Fake = Something that isn't genuine. If WWE were going round saying it was a sport, then yes, calling it fake would be valid. It isn't that though, it's called "Sports Entertainment" for a reason.

Edited by YEAH!

If it's a TV show, and if you want to pass off a comparison to a movie (Django Unchained) as valid, then the thread should go to the off-topic section. It is in fact fake, you know it as well as everyone else, and if you are still entertained, that's great. I'm entertained by other fake shows, GOT for example. You don't see me going around calling GOT a sport, or talking about it in the "Other Sports" section. The GOT thread is where? Off-topic. If wrestling is to be considered a TV show, then sure, its fakeness is to be expected as with other scripted entertainment, but that qualifies it for off-topic. If it's supposed to be considered a sport, then being fake and scripted is a valid complaint, no matter how many times you hear it.

The complaint from me in response to Boom is that it isn't fake because guys actually take the bumps and get hurt.

The TV show comparison with Django is pretty simple.  For those that don't like it cause "it isn't real"..I don't really see the difference from anything else.

I don't consider wrestling a sport necessarily..it is entertainment.  I don't have the power to move threads so don't preach about where it should be acting as if I have the ability to do something about it.  I never once called it a sport and I never once said it should be in this area.

I stay out of the GOT section because I don't like the show.  People should stay out of this section if they don't like it.  Otherwise, expect a response like the one I presented.

Edited by Advantage

The Raw after Mania is always going to be one of the greatest things during the year for WWE! So many amazing moments last night (CESARO AND THE ONE MENTIONED ABOVE AHHHHHHHHHH)!

Check it out if you haven't yet. 

Finished watching it today after I PVR'd it. Was an awesome show. The wyatt thing with the arms swaying is PERFECT haha. Works well with his character too seeing how weird it looks. I don't know if Paige winning the title on her debut is a good thing, she has no build up? Can't go higher now? Just building on her popularity now. But if it were to go down it happened on the right show. It's also hilarious that creative thinks that no one else really is good enough to hold the title, which is true really. You have a bunch of glam girls then you have AJ, Tamina, and Paige and 30% of the time Natalya who are actual wrestlers.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

So apparently.. 4 days after being inducted into the WWE HoF.. The Ultimate Warrior passed away..

R.I.P. Jim Hellwig/Ultimate Warrior

So apparently.. 4 days after being inducted into the WWE HoF.. The Ultimate Warrior passed away..

R.I.P. Jim Hellwig/Ultimate Warrior

Its a rumour that started on Saturday lmao.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

It was announced that The Ultimate Warrior would be in WWE 2K14. Warrior was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 5, 2014, the night before WrestleMania XXX.[44] Warrior died,having chocked on fecal matter, just 3 days later on April 8, 2014.

wtf?

RIP, one of my favs from my childhood

So, i just watched a couple of documentaries on The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. not going to lie it brought back so much memories... the endings got me all choked up i recommend you guys check it out if you can. Two of the best ever. WWE: The Epic Journey of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Stone cold Steve Austin Bottom Line on... sorry i can make out the rest of what it says on the title because it wont show the rest of it

Guest Svoboda_3

Wrestling is the male version of a soap opera. I'll admit I don't follow wrestling like I once did (old school wrestling fan here when it was great), but I should consider watching it again.

I just wish that you could get the WWE Network here in Canada. Apparently when I went to purchase it, it only asks for US addresses/phone numbers/Zip Codes etc. Is this not a World Wide Entertainment company?

Wrestling is the male version of a soap opera. I'll admit I don't follow wrestling like I once did (old school wrestling fan here when it was great), but I should consider watching it again.

I just wish that you could get the WWE Network here in Canada. Apparently when I went to purchase it, it only asks for US addresses/phone numbers/Zip Codes etc. Is this not a World Wide Entertainment company?

http://yottsumepuroresu.blogspot.jp/2014/02/how-to-watch-wwe-network-outside-of.html