Claimed: S57 Draftee Returning Member Wishlist: Part 1

Corco

S57 Draft Continues to Stack Up

eric_brassard_conor_garland_qmjhl_prospe

Michael Roy (left) and Sadio Salah (left) are two of the newest prospects to declare for the S57 VHL Entry Draft

VHL HEADQUARTERS, Canada - In the last few days, the VHL has seen the return of more than a few former notable members; @CoachReilly, @FBR and @Molholt announced their return to the league in the form of their their players, Sadio Salah, Ulyanin Namestnikov, and Michael Roy respectively. The additions of them as well as newcomer @DeathOnReddit (Arbin Asipi) gives the S57 VHL Draft over 10 eligible prospects before S55 ends, and this number can only increase as time goes on. The return of the aforementioned members has the VHL excited, and begs the question, who else could return/create a player to further add to this draft? Well here are just a few of the members that we would be very happy to have return:

@Victor

Player History

(S11) G - Vase Trikamaki, TPE: 634
(S17) C - Lars Berger, TPE: 1,104
(S27) C - Alexander Chershenko, TPE: 1,273
(S35) D - Matt Bentley, TPE: 1,221
(S45) G - Greg Clegane, TPE: 908

Despite announcing his retirement from sim leagues after Greg Clegane's retirement, Victor just can't be done. While being very inactive for the most part right now (he def still lurks though), his presence on the VHL is still felt through his tireless work as a commissioner from S32-S41. The British native spent countless hours of his life working to improve and maintain the VHL, so a bit of a break is understandable. Regardless, we want him back; Victor always made quality players as well, and making another one would make a lot of members happy.

@Knight

Player History

(S1) D - David Night; TPE: 549
(S8) C - David Knight; TPE: 169
(S11) D - David Henman; TPE: 878
(S19) D - David Walcott; TPE 950
(S27) LW - David Smalling; TPE: 969
(S36) D - David Januzaj; TPE 172
(S41) G - David Blind; TPE: 120

(S47) D - David Hamilton, TPE: 324

Knight is similar to Victor in that he also was a longtime commissioner of the VHL (S17-S33), however he didn't exactly go out on top like Victor's Clegane. His most recent player, David Hamilton, was his first effective VHL-caliber player in nearly 20 seasons, as David Blind and David Januzaj were definitely busts. I don't think Knight will ever make a player at the level that Walcott, Henman, and Smalling were, but his return to the league for this draft would definitely add to the strength of this draft.

@stevo

Player History

(S37) D - Ron World Peace, TPE: 587

(S46) D - World B. Free, TPE: 626

(S55) RW - Fuk D. World, TPE: 101

Many VHL members were disappointed when stevo announced his retirement from the VHL following a scandal as a member of the Las Vegas Aces in their first VHLM season. Despite pleading from said members, including Will, stevo reiterated his desire to stay away. But even now, I'm still holding out hope that the German native will return to the VHL; he was always known for his solid players, and would be a welcome addition to any future draft as a member and as a player.

@Ball

Player History

(S10) D - Sebastian Ball, TPE: 438
(S16) RW - Ryan Walls, TPE: 219
(S20) G - Jay Shields, TPE: ???
(S33) RW- Sebastian Ball Jr., TPE: 779

(S40) C - Tyler Cote, TPE: 768

Ball hasn't been around for quite some time now, but given his penchant for leaving for extended periods and then returning, I think now is around the time when he could return from his most recent hiatus. He served as GM for Seattle at some point I believe as well. His last two players were superstars, and hopefully so will his next.

@8Ovechkin8/@DGFX.

Player History (80vechkin8)

(S13) RW - Jesse Jussal, TPE: 447

(S20) D - Japinder Singh, TPE: 598

(S28) RW - Troy Athera, TPE: ???

(S36) RW - Godavari Yumalatopinto, TPE: 648

Player History (DGFX)

(S12) RW - Harvey Singh, TPE: 549
(S18) RW - Anton Brekker; TPE: 777
(S28) D - Theseus Athera; TPE: 664

(S48) RW - Kendrick Cole, TPE: 201

The VHL has always seemed to have more than a few sets of brothers in the league, such as the Gows and the Knights, and the Singh's were no exception. DGFX and 8o8 consistently made very good players, especially DGFX, who made it to the Hall of Fame twice, with Brekker and Singh. Speaking of DGFX, he does currently have a player in the league, Kendrick Cole, however he has long since gone inactive after only reaching 201 TPE. A return by either of these brothers would be welcome, although both returning would definitely be a huge boost.

@Mike

Player History

(S3) C - Mike Szatkowski, TPE: 701
(S12) G - Michael Joseph, TPE: 314
(S20) D - Paul Bunyan, TPE: ???
(S29) C - Michal Wozniak, TPE: 769
(S36) G - Mike Szatkowski Jr., TPE: 875

(S45) LW - Arcturus Mengsk, TPE: 479

Mike was generally well-liked in the league if I remember correctly, as I was part of the league during his career with Wozniak and Szatkowski Jr., who were both very good players. I'm not exactly sure the reason he left since I was inactive when he went inactive; from what I can remember he was a solid GM for the Reign during his tenure and I DO remember winning a cup with him in S33 with Thomas Corcoran. Mengsk may have been his weakest player since S12, but I think enough time has passed for Mike to return and make a very decent player if he returns.

@sterling

Player History

(S1) D - Sterling Labatte; TPE: 755
(S10) C - Grimm Jonsson; TPE: 1,008
(S19) D - James Bencharski; TPE: 950
(S28) G - Alexander Labatte;  TPE: 1,300
(S37) C - Tom Slaughter, TPE: 1,326

(S46) D - Jeff Hamilton, TPE: 1,037

Could arguably the greatest and most successful VHL member of all-time make a return for the S57 draft? I hope so, as sterling has always made incredible VHL players, and nearly all of his players are in the Hall of Fame. The old man still lurks around the board and watches over the forum as a member of the Board-of-Governors, but is currently without a player? Sterling has always been a part of the VHL, from S1 to now, so a return to the sim as a player would only make perfect sense.

@Boomcheck

Player History

(S24) G - Arik Shielder; TPE: 3
(S26) Romaric Bravehart; TPE: 223
(S31) G - Arik Shielder Jr.; TPE: 145
(S33) LW - Darius Fisher; TPE: 32
(S41) RW - Jakub Rhinehart, TPE: 392
(S50) RW - Kody Taylor, TPE: 30

While Boomcheck may not have had the same amount of individual success as some of the other members on this list, I still included him on this list because I remember him constantly on the bubble of being a notable VHL member. He posted a decent amount if I remember correctly, he just didn't exactly earn a huge amount of TPE. He was always a good bet to finish his career anywhere from 100-350 TPE and was usually a solid depth guy.

*For Schmeckeldorf

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: S57 Draftee Returning Member Wishlist: Part 1