STO/DAV: S55 Off-Season

Smarch

2nd player is pretty shit anyway. Anyone who fairly approved this idea (or even brought it) lost total interest in the league or made shit 2nd player 

2nd player is only valuable to total tpe whores (like me). When you put those member in your pocket, it screws the league. 2nd player rule should only be that allows you to create your next player early in your previous player career (like creating a 2nd player at your 7th season)

Edited by boubabi

18 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I mean it shouldn't happen regardless. It's not that hard to not be like that. As a GM your main concern should be for your team not your player.

I think we are starting to see even more and more controversial and interesting decision from GM´s who also have 2nd player in the league. If you are a GM of a rebuilding team or any team, but also have a player in a team that could realistically win cup soon, losing with the team you are in control of as a GM wont be as bad as before.  In the past it sucked a lot to lose, still does, but even more in the past with only 1 player, because the 1 player and team you controlled was the only sim action you got as a player or GM. Now you can check the scores and see things did not work out: Too bad, but then check the 2nd player and how he is doing, yayy on a pace to reach the playoffs!

A lot easier to be part of a team that is up than a team that is struggling.

Edited by jRuutu

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

I think we are starting to see even more and more controversial and interesting decision from GM´s who also have 2nd player in the league. If you are a GM of a rebuilding team or any team, but also have a player in a team that could realistically win cup soon, losing with the team you are in control of as a GM wont be as bad as before.  In the past it sucked a lot to lose, still does, but even more in the past with only 1 player, because the 1 player and team you controlled was the only sim action you got as a player or GM. Now you can check the scores and see things did not work out: Too bad, but then check the 2nd player and how he is doing, yayy on a pace to reach the playoffs!

A lot easier to be part of a team that is up than a team that is struggling.

As a GM the only reason to make a move should be to benefit your team. If you make a move to benefit your player that screws over the team you GM then you're a shit GM and should be fired.

3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

As a GM the only reason to make a move should be to benefit your team. If you make a move to benefit your player that screws over the team you GM then you're a shit GM and should be fired.

A lot of that could be eliminated by just getting rid of 2nd players or putting some kind of hard TPE cap for them, 250 TPE at max. Users get to have their fun, but very few will keep that 250 tpe guy as their top player. In theory I kinda like the idea of 2nd player, but if this is how it works, not a fan.

8 minutes ago, boubabi said:

2nd player is pretty shit anyway. Anyone who fairly approved this idea (or even brought it) lost total interest in the league or made shit 2nd player 

2nd player is only valuable to total tpe whores (like me). When you put those member in your pocket, it screws the league. 2nd player rule should only be that allows you to create your next player early in your previous player career (like creating a 2nd player at your 7th season)

Absolutely, could use a heavy tweaking on the rules or even getting rid of it.

On a small side note, I would love to see next that we try removing few teams. Even with 4 teams on both divisions, this league would be a lot more intense than it is now. LR´s would be more active, the rivalries between teams would be just insane compared to now when there would be a lot to be played for in each game.

Just now, jRuutu said:

Absolutely, could use a heavy tweaking on the rules or even getting rid of it.

On a small side note, I would love to see next that we try removing few teams. Even with 4 teams on both divisions, this league would be a lot more intense than it is now. LR´s would be more active, the rivalries between teams would be just insane compared to now when there would be a lot to be played for in each game.

the vhlm showed us that doing so isn't the answer. It just creates a even worst super team. People will always look to tank. 

6 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

A lot of that could be eliminated by just getting rid of 2nd players or putting some kind of hard TPE cap for them, 250 TPE at max. Users get to have their fun, but very few will keep that 250 tpe guy as their top player. In theory I kinda like the idea of 2nd player, but if this is how it works, not a fan.

or just have GM's who don't put their player over league stability. I dont think this is too much of an ask for a 10 year old league...

Edited by Tyler

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

the problem is, 250 tpe guy can still steal the show from superstars

see thrower - ak47 - and van holz something

I know, but could also drop it 200 or something. Basically a depth player at best or a useful guy for rebuilding teams.

200 tpe limit is firstly boring, and with limit (like the vhlm bs limit) there's no incentive to be active. Therefore, this player brings nothing to the league.

The real tweak should be : you cant do 2 pt per week. 1 pt or welfare claim that would be like 3 tpe.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

the vhlm showed us that doing so isn't the answer. It just creates a even worst super team. People will always look to tank. 

VHLM is a different league though, I did not follow at all what happened there, but with as tight cap structure as we got here and a lot of top players, I don´t think it would be that bad.

the cap doesn't mean much in the vhlm, as a player who earns top tpe during the season can go easily beast mode quite fast. So if you have a boosted team, adding top talents isn't that hard

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

or just have GM's who don't put their player over league stability.

Goes to both ways, clearly taking advantage of someone should be put into same category as a GM who wants to help his 2nd or 1st player to win in some other team.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

200 tpe limit is firstly boring, and with limit (like the vhlm bs limit) there's no incentive to be active. Therefore, this player brings nothing to the league.

The real tweak should be : you cant do 2 pt per week. 1 pt or welfare claim that would be like 3 tpe.

I got an easy solution for that, don´t build a 2nd player if 200 tpe does not feel anything.  Anyways, why is 1 player not enough? We got fairly quick seasons here, usually things go smoothly, why max 200 TPE fun player is not enough on top of that if you absolutely have to try something different?

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

the cap doesn't mean much in the vhlm, as a player who earns top tpe during the season can go easily beast mode quite fast. So if you have a boosted team, adding top talents isn't that hard

I get that, but would be different in VHL and in smaller version of VHL. 

Just now, boubabi said:

2nd player wasn't brought for people's enjoyment of the league

it was a desperate attempt to save the league

I see it working exactly the opposite, all I see is some users getting their fun, but at the same time very litle happens in actually making VHL a better place.

The VHL is running because of a small group of individual. 2nd player is here to reward those players. Others are meant to ''ride the wave''.

Lets be honest, helsinki didn't won because of the 2nd player system as all player in our team were created as 1st players (except darryl dortch who was a 2nd player)

2nd player will eventually bring more BS move like this, because people are now in a position to be a dick to other people's (especially gms)

15 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Goes to both ways, clearly taking advantage of someone should be put into same category as a GM who wants to help his 2nd or 1st player to win in some other team.

Depends on how you define "taking advantage of" someone