STO/DAV: S55 Off-Season

Smarch

Also for the record @jRuutu the HEL/CGY deal you referenced was heavily analyzed by the Blue Team and the BoG and was given rulings. It wasn't like it was just a scott free sort of thing. You have to remember that the deal wouldn't of been even able to happen under the current, new rules. Ultimately we recognized that the "GM swap" situation that had occurred earlier was clearly possible to be manipulated. Under the current rules, while Higgins might still have the leverage of Velvet being a FA, he would not be able to use that leverage to send Jacob away, as GM's are stuck with their claimed GM players. 

Realistically all blame you have for any trade these days has to go to the GM's. Which is how we operate and how things should be. We are a competitive league. I get why some people want "VHL communism" aka smaller teams more competition everyone playoff team. But that doesn't stop super teams, or stacked teams. It just creates more opportunities for conflict because there are far less possibilities. And it spits on everything this league has been about from the get go. It is about competition. The "best" team wins. The playoff swings have always been hard in this league because more often than not there is always at least 2 deserving teams. I can't remember the last time any Continental Cup final was a cake walk, and we've had everything from playoff upsets to the expected team winning. But much like the NHL the Victory Cup winning team isn't statistically the most dominating. Hell part of the reason the playoffs swing so hard is because of the parity you say you want. Last season the VHL had legit 4 playoff teams that beat each other and could of beaten each other in a series in the playoffs. Davos upset Stockholm proving that, and Helsinki barely beat you guys in the finals. 

I just don't see any argument as to why a 4 team league would make sense here. I get why franchises paying for their mistakes sucks, because it means that team may suck. But it's about quality GM's digging them out and building those narratives. You don't think they weren't built from other teams and GM's? Team narratives weave and change, if your this fired about seeing more teams competitive then as far as I'm concerned sign up to be a GM. That is what we want. Instead we are forced to dig from the bottom of the barrel or give good GM's who've made countless mistakes positions because we have no choice. The Blue Team and BoG has taken a lot of heat from you and a few others in this thread for supposedly not "helping" the league when it comes to GM's and who is doing what. But we haven't really had a lot of options. Honestly. Like sure you could bring up the argument that Chris and I stepping down as GM's is what caused some of this stir up and mess in the first place, but here is the reality. We all don't have time to do this shit forever. Sign up, use your damn knowledge and experience and build your own super team to try and win back to back or a threepeat. 

55 minutes ago, STZ said:

For that reasoning, Unassisted was going to be my GM Player from the beginning.

If thats the case, thats a low blow considering devise told me degrath to nya was for your gm player and I was ready to do that for that sole reason.

1 hour ago, Devise said:

This thread though, what even in the hell. Somebody who has no idea is going to think this is the craziest blockbuster ever.

I shall use my mod powers and lock this bitch down if the ridiculousness doesn't cease. I had to read through all 9 pages of this prattling

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

If thats the case, thats a low blow considering devise told me degrath to nya was for your gm player and I was ready to do that for that sole reason.

If it was for that sole reason, you would have moved DeGrath for the market price.. see: OP. Not for 2 1sts lol..

2 hours ago, jRuutu said:

I understand that, adding player from inside is the easiest and most simple way to do it, but in the past Degrath would have been that guy? Or at least he would be the one getting retired and the recreate would be the GM player?  Now Degrath is in Davos and more than likely enjoying playoff hockey. In result and in my opinion, as a league VHL is not a better place now.

In the past, DeGrath wouldn't have existed... Do you understand that Unassisted was my player before 2PP was put into place? Unassisted was my primary player, int he old system I would have ONLY had him, and would have then had no choice but to do exactly what happened anyways...

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

If it was for that sole reason, you would have moved DeGrath for the market price.. see: OP. Not for 2 1sts lol..

which wasn't what I was asking from. Devise introduced me to the trade like hey, lets do mr.power vs degrath so stz can gm nya, which is now wrong 

Just now, boubabi said:

which wasn't what I was asking from. Devise introduced me to the trade like hey, lets do mr.power vs degrath so stz can gm nya, which is now wrong 

The only STO GM I talked to after ADV stepped down was Bushito. I spoke with you once, and you informed me that you weren't GM.. So yeah..

Just now, boubabi said:

I wasn't aware of that at the time we first started talking. STZ contacted me and his first PM stated Degrath for Power as an option. That his in his initial pitch. But we still didn't know who GM of Stockholm was going to be, so I began talking with you and then STZ even eventually was apparently talking with Bushito. But obviously the recreate for Unassisted was still on the table, and I did bring that up in the BoG thread once STZ had indicated to me that was the process he was going to make. Apologies if all that wasn't super clear. I was trying to make sure of a lot of side things in the league at that time, and my PM inbox was rather active. 

4 minutes ago, STZ said:

The only STO GM I talked to after ADV stepped down was Bushito. I spoke with you once, and you informed me that you weren't GM.. So yeah..

On 26/07/2017 at 9:28 AM, STZ said:

Just wanted to touch base about DeGrath both as my player and as a GM for NYA. I'm willing to trade for him and have him be my GM Player if the price isn't crazy (would love to do a package with Lee Snatch too).

That's your word though

Edited by boubabi