League Ideas

Banackock

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Can you can even get to 900 or 1000 without donations and bonuses from there? I have collected steady 8 almost every week from start to here and now reached 700, I´m a S52 player. 900 sounds possible, but 1000 - not sure.

But yea, in the sim the difference is not as big as the TPE difference between 600 and 900 might suggest or even 400 and 700. Should really find a way to make the difference feel in the sim as well

My first player, Travis Boychuk just barely got to 900 in his final career of retirement. I started out that player not earning much more than 6 TPE per week. I didn't have a league job until like halfway through his career, then I went hard as fuck. I think I donated maybe twice with him, but I made it to 900.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Can you can even get to 900 or 1000 without donations and bonuses from there? I have collected steady 8 almost every week from start to here and now reached 700, I´m a S52 player. 900 sounds possible, but 1000 - not sure.

But yea, in the sim the difference is not as big as the TPE difference between 600 and 900 might suggest or even 400 and 700. Should really find a way to make the difference feel in the sim as well

1000 is easy. Your pre draft tpe is important though

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

My first player, Travis Boychuk just barely got to 900 in his final career of retirement. I started out that player not earning much more than 6 TPE per week. I didn't have a league job until like halfway through his career, then I went hard as fuck. I think I donated maybe twice with him, but I made it to 900.

Yea I got about 850 TPE with my first player if I remember correctly,  did not break 900 at least. Gonna aim for 900 this time around :P

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

1000 is easy. Your pre draft tpe is important though

That's the big key I think. You have to get as much TPE as possible before the countdown clock of retirement kicks in. If you start in pre-season and don't get max every week I don't think it's possible. If you start at the deadline your odds are better even if you miss a few weeks of max. I don't honestly know if I ever got the full 9 with Holik but I came into the league somewhere around 300 I think.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Yea, more than likely easier to reach 1000 with your 2nd player. (This is my second player)

It is yeah. Not only do you have the extra starting TPE from carryover (I think that caps at 75?) but you also can choose when you re-create. As I said above that makes a huge difference. Retiring at the deadline means you get an extra few weeks of TPE plus all the off-season stuff before even going into your VHLM season.

You just gotta prepare yourself. You earn like 150 tpe each season approx. So with a good draft tpe, 1000 is reachable

Theres a bigger difference between 500 and 800 than 1000 and 1200. So 1000 tpe is a great mark to reach and shows great work

Plus, your sim luck is also very helpful.

2 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

If this thread says anything, it's that a lot of people care. 9 pages in 24 hours is pretty amazing for a VHL post, even if a lot of them are by a select couple of members. :P

Less of that, more silence plz

*sarcasm if anyone didnt get it*

10 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Something needs to happen. We got too many welfare users.

No we don't, it's not even a priority issue in the league. It's literally the worst point made of all suggestions. You want to drive members from the site, it's so counterproductive.

5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

You just gotta prepare yourself. You earn like 150 tpe each season approx. So with a good draft tpe, 1000 is reachable

Theres a bigger difference between 500 and 800 than 1000 and 1200. So 1000 tpe is a great mark to reach and shows great work

Plus, your sim luck is also very helpful.

I was over 600 midway season 3 with Abbott

Edited by Bushito

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Media Spots are actually 450 words for 6 TPE. That was changed from 500. I don't recall a time it was ever 600.

There is also the fact that the people claiming 4 TPE have had 2+ 400 TPE players made, so they get that benefit because of their previous work they put in. Although, from my standpoint at least, I think that 400 TPE should be upped to like 600. 400 isn't much at all these days.

I'm here every single day, reading up threads and posting in game threads, etc. Looking at other stuff around league and discussions. Sometimes I still don't have time for a 2 PTs, sometimes no time for even 1 PT. I think the majority of welfare claimers aren't due to laziness, but an actual lack of time. You could be right about widening the gap between welfare TPE and PT TPE though, to make it bigger.

Although, I've never had a problem with getting 6 TPE for a graphic or 450 word article while welfare guys got 2-4 TPE. Maybe that's because I usually get 9 TPE from the VHL job that comes with my PTs? I don't know, but I've just never had that issue. To me, if these veteran VHL guys are claiming 4 TPE while I have to write some stuff for 6, it's fine with me, but I guess I'm more laid back.

All of that being said, this article is an amazing start, @Banackock. You got a lot of discussions flowing outside of the BoG. I definitely don't mind that. I'm sad that I missed it happen live though.

I'm also all for Activity Checks = 1 or 2 uncapped for posting in it weekly, or sim participation TPE like the EFL and SBA have. Those leagues are different though, because they have 1 thread for each sim, not 10 separate threads for each game. SHL doesn't do game threads either unless it's playoffs, they just have everyone commenting in the index thread.

I also wouldn't mind upping the career limit to like 10 or 12 seasons. I mean, I've only been here since S35, so maybe I'm just not an old enough member, but I don't give a shit about impacting the record books. Hell, we could just set up a 10-12 season record book instead, but that would kind of kill the old record books, so that's probably not a great idea. A lot of SHLers reason for not coming to the VHL are the 8 season careers as well, so maybe lengthening that could help bring over some more hockey sim guys from there.

There are definite changes that need to be done. I understand veteran members and even everyone in this thread arguing their points, but change is better than a dead league. Something needs to happen.

Also, if we change to that older jcink look like the SHL, NSFL, and GOMHL have, then I'm GTFO of here. This new styling forum that the VHL, SBA, and EFL have is just a cleaner, more professional look. Those other leagues just always feel messy to me.

Theyre 450???

Ive been doing 600 ever since I joined? Lol

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Bushito said:

I was over 600 midway season 3 with Abbott

With no donations? Seems high but I guess it is possible. 150 per season would be about 400 at the mid point of season 3 and 200 pre-draft is easily doable.

I'm honestly trying to recall the relevance of this though. Was it just trying to show that 1000 is doable for regular members?

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

With no donations? Seems high but I guess it is possible. 150 per season would be about 400 at the mid point of season 3 and 200 pre-draft is easily doable.

I'm honestly trying to recall the relevance of this though. Was it just trying to show that 1000 is doable for regular members?

How the heck is 150 per season even possible. Please break it down. 9/week for 8 weeks is 72. I don't see how predictions and other crap can more than double that.

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

How the heck is 150 per season even possible. Please break it down. 9/week for 8 weeks is 72. I don't see how predictions and other crap can more than double that.

Personally I have no idea, I don't think I've ever gotten that much. I was going off a figure @boubabi used earlier.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

150 might be generous, but more like 120

That seems possible. 72 from PT's, 10 from TC and half decent predictions of 8 gets you to 90. Plus some uncapped here and there brings it up to probably 100 which would be about average for most people. Keeners can manage the extra bit from having better predictions or good Store Purchases.

2 hours ago, Bushito said:

No we don't, it's not even a priority issue in the league. It's literally the worst point made of all suggestions. You want to drive members from the site, it's so counterproductive.

Should be though? Either limiting the amount welfare users in VHL or how to get them doing the PT´s or something else than just writing their name in a thread to earn TPE should be top priority in the league. I´m hearing quite few members being still around doing other stuff in VHL even if they are in welfare, how about push the rest to do the same and make the welfare be something that involves at least commenting on the game threads?

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

It is yeah. Not only do you have the extra starting TPE from carryover (I think that caps at 75?) but you also can choose when you re-create. As I said above that makes a huge difference. Retiring at the deadline means you get an extra few weeks of TPE plus all the off-season stuff before even going into your VHLM season.

Yep, the 75 is a nice little bonus to start everything off :P

1 hour ago, jRuutu said:

Should be though? Either limiting the amount welfare users in VHL or how to get them doing the PT´s or something else than just writing their name in a thread to earn TPE should be top priority in the league. I´m hearing quite few members being still around doing other stuff in VHL even if they are in welfare, how about push the rest to do the same and make the welfare be something that involves at least commenting on the game threads?

We can have 2 teams and no welfare or VHLM, it'll be a good time

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Bushito said:

We can have 2 teams and no welfare or VHLM, it'll be a good time

Well...on the plus side we wouldn't have a rivalry issue anymore.

4 hours ago, jRuutu said:

as someone who has gotten 9 TPE (i think i missed just 1 week and it was recent) since i created gretz I have around 510-520 TPE i cant really remember and i never donate or have free weeks or such. I just don't have the extra money or so, and my last player with Muller i had around 970 TPE without donation and that was when i missed almost a whole season of updating because i didnt even claim welfare so it i possibly for sure without donations to get to 1000 tpe