League Ideas

Banackock

Limit welfare to 3 TPE per week and call it a day. Move media up to 7 per week. That rewards the activity and those who don't get less than half the amount. Cap out those who do welfare to 5 TPE per week and leave those who do the work up to 9. That way there is still a significant difference to doing the work. If you want to make it even better with activity, those who do welfare can only get their remaining 2 TPE from posting around the boards. Every 5 posts = 1 TPE for a max of 10 posts for 2 TPE.

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

What fucking year is it? Do you even know? Seriously how disconnected can you be from the world we live in and the times? Listen, someone who decides to show up here even for 2 hours a week to claim welfare, IS A BIG DEAL. Any free time anybody gives a sim league when free time is one of the most valuable commodities in 2017 is worthwhile. Period. It is. You do not attract new members by telling them how they have to engage with your league. That will never go anywhere. Which means the best way to work around a system that blankly rewards people for showing up is to properly compensate those that are doing the best work. It's 2 TPE per week these new members get for free. You need to get off this. WELFARE IS HERE TO SAY. Suck it up or leave the league over it I don't know what your problem is but any member who decides to come to the VHL to spend time here is valuable. Period. 

With a quick look, for example last week at least 15 out of 23 claimed 3 or 4 TPE from welfare. (4 BOG members) 

Week before that the number was at least 14 out of 23 who claimed 3 or 4. (3 BOG Members)(With my bad math) I say at least because that is how many posted ´3´ or ´4´ in the threads.

Now, why would any new member work hard to get the 6 tpe from media spot/ graphic when they see users claim 4 and do no PT work? Is that not a worry to you at all? Is that maybe having any effect on anything? No?

Just now, jRuutu said:

With a quick look, for example last week at least 15 out of 23 claimed 3 or 4 TPE from welfare. (4 BOG members) 

Week before that the number was at least 14 out of 23 who claimed 3 or 4. (3 BOG Members)(With my bad math) I say at least because that is how many posted ´3´ or ´4´ in the threads.

Now, why would any new member work hard to get the 6 tpe from media spot/ graphic when they see users claim 4 and do no PT work? Is that not a worry to you at all? Is that maybe having any effect on anything? No?

Then reward the PT's more. Do you not read what I'm saying? I agree that changes should be made, but you don't punish those using a system that is the only reason they are active at all. That kills members. Instead you reward more to the others....

I'd be absolutely fine if a PT was worth even 8 TPE, and if you did one per week your weekly PT cap went 9 per week to 12. I don't care. If those who PT's want more, give them more. But welfare works fine for a large percentage of members, you presented the stats for me. Leave them alone. If that is what they want to do to keep engaging with this league and keep players fine. Give the PT users more, that is perfectly fine. 

3 minutes ago, sterling said:

Or there's some people that have been here for 10 years and find the point task system tedious...

well, that's the blue team/BoG job to resolve that problem

the concept is quite simple : work for your tpes. I think the welfare is a great middle ground for things you can't control (schedules etc), but building welfare player is first, don't see the point of it, 2 useless for the community. Just my opinion though 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

Then reward the PT's more. Do you not read what I'm saying? I agree that changes should be made, but you don't punish those using a system that is the only reason they are active at all. That kills members. Instead you reward more to the others....

I'd be absolutely fine if a PT was worth even 8 TPE, and if you did one per week your weekly PT cap went 9 per week to 12. I don't care. If those who PT's want more, give them more. But welfare works fine for a large percentage of members, you presented the stats for me. Leave them alone. If that is what they want to do to keep engaging with this league and keep players fine. Give the PT users more, that is perfectly fine. 

No, all I´m hearing is how important these welfare players are to the league,  but year or whatever later, here we still are. Talking about the same thing.Should consider changing the V from VHL to W,  make it Welfare Hockey League.

I believe it when I see it. I don´t know what kind of process it is to change rules or anything else in that area, but since you got solid number of the BOG team active and claiming welfare every week, should not take too much time? I would be fine as well if you bump the pay from 6 to 8 and cap from 9 to 12.

Just now, jRuutu said:

No, all I´m hearing is how important these welfare players are to the league,  but year or whatever later, here we still are. Talking about the same thing.Should consider changing the V from VHL to W,  make it Welfare Hockey League.

I believe it when I see it. I don´t know what kind of process it is to change rules or anything else in that area, but since you got solid number of the BOG team active and claiming welfare every week, should not take too much time? I would be fine as well if you bump the pay from 6 to 8 and cap from 9 to 12.

But you agreed with me, so why did you open stating no? Like if we are absolutely open to changing the amount rewarded to PT members, then how are we embracing that it's a welfare only league? All we are saying is that with so many people claiming welfare, clearly how that system works, WORKS for a specific subset of this community. If the PT community feels underrepresented, then it should be changed. But you act like we don't know this. I've said in BoG and over the boards several times that the amount of PT should be increased to account for the rising welfare use. My issue isn't your argument that more people should be doing more PT, or that there should be some sort of greater reward for them. It's that you wish to just see welfare go entirely and basically all the members who exclusively use it as well, who have publicly stated they'd leave, would leave. Those members are part of this league too. We want them. We want any members who are willing to be here. That is all I'm saying. 

5 minutes ago, Banackock said:

whatever @KGR said

Also liked @Devise with stating PT's/Media = 8, welfare =4 or 5. 

Welfare wouldn't need to be increased. With the system as it is currently decent to competent players are made out of welfare + off-season and side stuff. That is fine. But no pure welfare will ever hit 1000. Even 800 is probably a stretch. Where as especially if we increase the PT reward system those players should be hitting hundreds of TPE more than welfare players. And with a harder update scale, that should completely benefit them. I don't see how this wouldn't just give them the difference they are looking for while leaving Welfare completely alone, as those members who weekly engage with it can continue to do so. 

the 4 tpe welfare only needs to be allowed with no other tpe gained during that week. So no job pay or xm radio. DOesn't make sense to allow people to claim the ultimate ''I'm late'' backup plan, but allowing them to claim other work they supposedly had time to do  

Just now, Devise said:

Welfare wouldn't need to be increased. With the system as it is currently decent to competent players are made out of welfare + off-season and side stuff. That is fine. But no pure welfare will ever hit 1000. Even 800 is probably a stretch. Where as especially if we increase the PT reward system those players should be hitting hundreds of TPE more than welfare players. And with a harder update scale, that should completely benefit them. I don't see how this wouldn't just give them the difference they are looking for while leaving Welfare completely alone, as those members who weekly engage with it can continue to do so. 

I think everyone should get 4 for welfare if we go to 12 though.  

Either that or I still like the idea of a PT from another league counting for 6 though with them not being able to earn anything else a week.

17 minutes ago, KGR said:

Limit welfare to 3 TPE per week and call it a day. Move media up to 7 per week. That rewards the activity and those who don't get less than half the amount. Cap out those who do welfare to 5 TPE per week and leave those who do the work up to 9. That way there is still a significant difference to doing the work. If you want to make it even better with activity, those who do welfare can only get their remaining 2 TPE from posting around the boards. Every 5 posts = 1 TPE for a max of 10 posts for 2 TPE.

Just now, Devise said:

But you agreed with me, so why did you open stating no? Like if we are absolutely open to changing the amount rewarded to PT members, then how are we embracing that it's a welfare only league? All we are saying is that with so many people claiming welfare, clearly how that system works, WORKS for a specific subset of this community. If the PT community feels underrepresented, then it should be changed. But you act like we don't know this. I've said in BoG and over the boards several times that the amount of PT should be increased to account for the rising welfare use. My issue isn't your argument that more people should be doing more PT, or that there should be some sort of greater reward for them. It's that you wish to just see welfare go entirely and basically all the members who exclusively use it as well, who have publicly stated they'd leave, would leave. Those members are part of this league too. We want them. We want any members who are willing to be here. That is all I'm saying. 

I believe it when I see it. It´s you guys in BOG who make the changes happen, right? If I in the near future see an annoucement that says the PT´s are now worth 8 tpe and also the weekly cap went from 9 to 12, I would be delighted, might even like the opening post.

Out of curiosity, what happens in the BOG if you are the only one who pushes increase to PT payout? Just you posting and other not saying anything? I´m seeing multiple BOG players on welfare every week, so I´m only guessing they are not huge fans of the PT system and might not care too much what happens with the payout?

not a huge fan of the 12 tpe mark, as it would mess all the tpe records (including mine of course) done in earlier seasons

Would rather like to see a different update scale with player type instead of that

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

I believe it when I see it. It´s you guys in BOG who make the changes happen, right? If I in the near future see an annoucement that says the PT´s are now worth 8 tpe and also the weekly cap went from 9 to 12, I would be delighted, might even like the opening post.

Out of curiosity, what happens in the BOG if you are the only one who pushes increase to PT payout? Just you posting and other not saying anything? I´m seeing multiple BOG players on welfare every week, so I´m only guessing they are not huge fans of the PT system and might not care too much what happens with the payout?

Whenever we've brought up changes in the past, most weflare members will defend welfare. But they generally don't pay too much attention to how much PT is earning. But no changes don't just work the way you suggested. It's complicated, especially right now as we undergo leadership change. Higgins is announcing some stuff on that tomorrow I believe after decisions are made. 

That said, I'd gladly advocate for PT's to be worth 8 and if you do a PT you get your weekly cap increased from 9 to 12. I have zero issues with that. But I do not think that should be combined with a reduction to welfare. To me that is enough, PT users should have every incentive to realize if you do PT's your going to make a higher attribute player. 

Just now, Devise said:

Whenever we've brought up changes in the past, most weflare members will defend welfare. But they generally don't pay too much attention to how much PT is earning. But no changes don't just work the way you suggested. It's complicated, especially right now as we undergo leadership change. Higgins is announcing some stuff on that tomorrow I believe after decisions are made. 

That said, I'd gladly advocate for PT's to be worth 8 and if you do a PT you get your weekly cap increased from 9 to 12. I have zero issues with that. But I do not think that should be combined with a reduction to welfare. To me that is enough, PT users should have every incentive to realize if you do PT's your going to make a higher attribute player. 

Sounds like there is bigger support group for everything welfare related than there is for PT related stuff. Not automatically bad thing maybe, but at least when looking at it from outside, this issue has moved quite slowly inside the BOG.

That´s fine with me, hopefully the change happens as soon as possible.

58 minutes ago, boubabi said:

not a huge fan of the 12 tpe mark, as it would mess all the tpe records (including mine of course) done in earlier seasons

Would rather like to see a different update scale with player type instead of that

this is probably why the VHL hasnt changed much at all. people dont want their records to be broken. 

@jRuutu i love you man, you're such a great member and you are just a good dude in general and we all understand your hate for welfare but your thinking of removing it is assbackwards. you post in there about how many people post in it and yes you need to understand that 60% of the league probably does it. So you want to punish them when 60% of this league does it? that is not good for business. The way you should think of it is we should now, keep welfare the same. but like everyone has been saying up the PT to 8/9 TPE for MS/Graphic

10 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

To those that say 1 PT for two players works in the EFL, it's because your two players have to be one offense one defense. End of story

Yet we have just as many holes to fill here.

In fact:

EFL - Ideally have 1 QB, 1 HB, 1 FB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 LB, 3 CB, 1 FS, 1 SS, 1 K/P = 16 Players x 6 Teams = 96 Player Spots

VHL - Ideally have 6 Fwds, 4 Defense, 1 Goalie = 11 Players x 10 Teams = 110 Player Spots

Edited by ADV

3 minutes ago, ADV said:

Yet we have just as many holes to fill here.

In fact:

EFL - Ideally have 1 QB, 1 HB, 1 FB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 LB, 3 CB, 1 FS, 1 SS, 1 K/P = 16 Players x 6 Teams = 96 Player Spots

VHL - Ideally have 6 Fwds, 4 Defense, 1 Goalie = 11 Players x 10 Teams = 110 Player Spots

I meant the offensive player and the defensive player doesn't really interact with each other regardless if they are on the same team or are on different teams.

2 hours ago, Devise said:

I like the update scale as is now. Don't change it :P