League Ideas

Banackock

21 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

but league should absolutely consider getting rid of users who only claim welfare and rarely post around the VHL.

But why? How they are ruining the VHL? That's a ridiculous statement tbh. The only question now is how to raise payout for these who does PT's without having a huge TPE inflation. 

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

EDIT:

Alright, finally read the rest of this so time to edit the rest of my thoughts in:

Does everyone who hates on Welfare really think that everyone using it is just lazy? Is that the pervading thought? Is it the name that’s putting this hate for it in your heads because I prefer calling it Pension FYI. I hate taking Welfare, go ahead and ask @DollarAndADream how much I apologize for it every time in the Locker Room. I take it when I have to, it’s a safety blanket for weeks I don’t have the free time to devote to doing a PT. That isn’t the case for everyone, for some people it’s the only time they have, and that’s fine. Should people be punished for being busy but still wanting to have a player? I don’t see why at all. They WANT to be here, if they didn’t they wouldn’t even bother with the welfare claim. Why should we shove them out the door because they have less time than the people posting PT’s do?

Some are lazy, no going around it.

If for whatever reason the payout increase for PT´s wont happen, next in line is making the welfare to be 2 tpe at max. If users want to have a player in VHL, but just don´t quite have the time to do PT´s, they should accept the fact that they are going to be ´bad´. If just having a player is enough, why not just give them exactly that? Now the league gives out a possibility to build a solid player with welfare/pension. Difference between welfare/pensioner players and PT players is not big enough. Everybody wants to be stars, but instead of putting the work in, they want it for as little effort as possible.

2 Tpe is not enough? Want to have a better player? Do the PT´s, even every second week. If these users on welfare are so happy to just have a player in the league, surely they are fine with just building their players with 2 tpe?

I like how pointing problems in this league makes you look like a bitch. I guess I could just sit here, be passive about everything and earn my weekly 9 tpe like everyone else.

I guess the league could use a more "bitchy" team then.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

But why? How they are ruining the VHL? That's a ridiculous statement tbh. The only question now is how to raise payout for these who does PT's without having a huge TPE inflation. 

They are ruining it, what if a active new user ends up into a team with only few active users and rest are those welfare people who only show up to claim the welfare and update their players? Still don´t believe they all post in the LRs even if they don´t post anywhere else in VHL.

Not so much fun to just build your player and check the sims daily without any LR activity and with very little board activity, it´s gets old quickly. Even worse now with the 2nd player system.

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

They are ruining it, what if a active new user ends up into a team with only few active users and rest are those welfare people who only show up to claim the welfare and update their players? Still don´t believe they all post in the LRs even if they don´t post anywhere else in VHL.

Not so much fun to just build your player and check the sims daily without any LR activity and with very little board activity, it´s gets old quickly. Even worse now with the 2nd player system.

And what we will get rid of them? It's like max 8 players per contender team, including a goalie? Contract the some VHL teams and then the whole VHLM as well.

Edited by hedgehog337

And then we ask why people are leaving the vhl ?:(

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

And what we will get rid of them? It's like max 8 players per contender team, including a goalie? Contract the some VHL and then the whole VHLM as well then. 

That would be great, get rid of few teams next and maybe even the whole VHLM.  Roll with 6 or 8 teams, push the active players into the spotlight and throw the welfare people into the stands. Might be tough at first, but end result is a healthier league.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

And what we will get rid of them? It's like max 8 players per contender team, including a goalie? Contract the some VHL teams and then the whole VHLM as well.

Yeah like maybe 4 VHL teams and everyone plays, sounds like fun. Jesus this welfare argument is the dumbest shit around. If you don't like welfare leave because it isn't leaving and it shouldn't. The league is also not contracting and doesn't need to. Recruitment drives for uncapped TPE is the best way to go but need to be monitored becaus pinkhippie 

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

And then we ask why people are leaving the vhl ?:(

Exactly, nothing feels like anything anymore. Just you left trying to entertain yourself somehow.

Where is the competition? Regular season used to be exciting, now we are just waiting for playoffs to start.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

I'm not a fan of this. Throwing them into the third/fourth line could be a nice compromise. 

I would like that as well, make them be depth players. That would be possible if welfare is 2 tpe for everybody and we get rid of few teams. Now the welfare players are on the 2nd line, solid players in solid role. Too much for just writing your name and updating.

Edited by jRuutu

3 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Yeah like maybe 4 VHL teams and everyone plays, sounds like fun. Jesus this welfare argument is the dumbest shit around. If you don't like welfare leave because it isn't leaving and it shouldn't. The league is also not contracting and doesn't need to. Recruitment drives for uncapped TPE is the best way to go but need to be monitored becaus pinkhippie 

Maybe the league should after all change the name to Welfare Hockey League.

The league needs to kick few teams out, bring the competition back to VHL, even with 2nd player system there is not enough players. Next someone comes back with the line: ´There is always someone who is tanking´ Sure, but in a smaller league the tanking team would be better than now. Look at the standings from this season, two teams had under 30 points. Do we really need to have teams like that here?

• Commissioner

Maybe the league should after all change the name to Welfare Hockey League.

The league needs to kick few teams out, bring the competition back to VHL, even with 2nd player system there is not enough players. Next someone comes back with the line: ´There is always someone who is tanking´ Sure, but in a smaller league the tanking team would be better than now. Look at the standings from this season, two teams had under 30 points. Do we really need to have teams like that here?

You can predict that the argument would come up but that doesn't make the argument less valid. At the end of the day contracting will do more harm than good.

1. It will make the league look worse to perspective members. Cool, it's been around for 10 years but they just dropped half their teams, something must be wrong.

2. Players will still mass on good teams and non-playoff teams will still be bad. Having fewer teams does not automatically make competition. There will always be teams that are ready to compete and teams that aren't. You could have 4 teams in the league and I'd bet still only 2 would be competitive. It's the nature of the beast.

Contraction is not a solution; it's a bigger band-aid than the league has ever seen. 6/10 Teams have a good shot at the Conference finals. In a league where there are only 6 teams making the playoffs that is good balance. Yes, there are teams who tanked very hard; I don't deny that. But remove those teams and the other 2 that missed the playoffs don't suddenly become powerhouses. They still wouldn't have the players required to beat the top end teams. It's easy to make the argument that if we remove 4 teams (for example) that offers us 20 players (again for example) and theses 20 will spread evenly over the remaining 6 teams. However in practice it won't happen that way. Some teams won't have cap space, others will. Some teams won't be competing for a few seasons anyway so won't try for any, others will. Things aren't even because the teams do not compete in a vacuum. Every team is different and has different needs at different times. Removing teams won;t suddenly throw everything into balance; it will just make the strong teams stronger which will force the weak teams to rebuild more and we have the same problem but a smaller league. There's no reason for it.

• Commissioner
32 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I like how pointing problems in this league makes you look like a bitch. I guess I could just sit here, be passive about everything and earn my weekly 9 tpe like everyone else.

I guess the league could use a more "bitchy" team then.

Maybe try rounding out your arguments instead of posting 1 sentence at a time and then giving up. @Devise brought up issues that I look at as discussion instead of bitching because he actually put some thought into them. Same with @jRuutu even though I'm on the other side of his opinion. Discussion isn't bitching. Posting "Welfare sucks, the lazy people should just get on my level" (pardon the paraphrasing) is not discussion, it is bitching. Offering solutions is important in something like this instead of simply pointing out problems.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I see you havent read the BoG topic about my propositions then

Well done

I have, you still have not offered much counter argument when anyone brings up an issue. Having an opinion on something means being able to work with others to make it good. You seem to prefer the method of throwing around 1 sentence insults as soon as someone disagrees with you. Everything isn't going to automatically work the way you want it to; we need to strategize things as a community and find systems that work for everyone. Personally I have not liked the concepts you have come up with. Myself and others have stated why and offered solutions. You then started throwing 1 sentence bitching back at us. How is that constructive or helpful? Instead of getting stuck up on one idea try thinking of ways that that it can work better. Maybe then I won't look at what you are doing as bitching.

What I will say, bitching or not, it's creating a discussion around things that need to change and that's never a bad thing.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Fuckoff then

Alright, fuck the olive branch, good to know. So glad you have such respect for other members. 10/10; great showing.

Continue shitposting all you want then, just don't complain when people don't take your seriously. It's getting real hard to tell the difference sometimes.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Do i need to add a shit tons of emoji to get my mood right or what.

Couldn't hurt. Apparently your serious posts and your shitposts have the exact same format but it's up to everyone else to figure them out. VHL needs more emjois confirmed.

Can we get back to the topic at hand then?

41 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Well done

Clearly sarcastic

25 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Fuckoff then

downright unnecessary 

21 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Stop being offended by everything, chill out, take a coffee

I only see one person being offended

Beketov has offered nothing but discussion to your points and these are your last three responses you've given to him. You seem to be attacking, without "taking a coffee" any idea that doesn't align to your will. That is not how discussions go. It isn't your way or the highway. Looks like you need to use your own advice in that three third quote from you I used.

Edited by Phil

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Clearly sarcastic

downright unnecessary 

I only see one person being offended

Beketov has offered nothing but discussion to your points and these are your last three responses you've given to him. You seem to be attacking, without "taking a coffee" any idea that doesn't align to your will. That is not how discussions go. It isn't your way or the highway. Looks like you need to use your own advice in that three third quote from you I used.

You misread then