Interested in being a VHL GM?

Higgins

This thread existed on the old forum and I think it is useful for future GM opportunities and getting a feel for who is interested.

Do you want to be a VHL General Manager? If you said yes and think you have the skill and time to be a VHL GM then you should send me a PM to let me know. There is no guarantee that this will get you a GM position, but it will help.

I am curious as to the best career path for a VHL GM. Is it Asst'GM->VHLM GM->VHL GM?

I am thinking of asking a team for an Asst position, to get a feel for player relations, draft process, lineups etc.

Would a team be interested in that?

Assistant, not so much.

VHLM, Koradek, Edgar, Greg, Jason, Advantage, Corco, and me. 7/10 that I know of.

Btw let me know the relative time, like "in 8 seasons time" or "after my player" or "anytime" if you send me a message because there will be openings very soon too.

Best way to become a VHL GM is to have a real passion for wanting to do it #1/2 below are things that get you on the list but #3 below you have to want it and fight for it when the time comes.

1) Do the basics of an active member point tasks, get a job, activity around the board.

2) Take over a VHLM GM position and see if it is something you really enjoy doing at even the minor league level.

3) If it is something you want to do have a real passion for it and don't be afraid to really get behind the cause.  When I came back to the league around S27 trade deadline it wasn't long before Riga became an open position.  I knew absolutely that I wanted nothing more than to become a GM again.  Having just came back into the league though I thought there was no way they'd give me the position especially with how I ended my first GM tenure.  I really let Knight know how much I wanted the job and the passion I had for being a VHL GM again.

4) Get lucky sometimes you just need the right set of circumstances.

I am curious as to the best career path for a VHL GM. Is it Asst'GM->VHLM GM->VHL GM?

I am thinking of asking a team for an Asst position, to get a feel for player relations, draft process, lineups etc.

Would a team be interested in that?

You can be my assistant brah

I would love to take a VHL franchise - I just don't have the time. A couple of times I was really close to full out wanting a position, it's just I don't think I can commit any more time than I already do to the VHL. Then, in a couple more months I'm still not sure whether I have to actually decrease my time here, which would be a whole other discussion.

It's really nice to see the number of people interested though :)

I think I've played enough of the EA NHL series Be A GM mode and Eastside Hockey Manager to know where my managerial skills lie. It may be too early in my career to declare my desire for the job, but I'd just like to throw my name into the hat.

I think I've played enough of the EA NHL series Be A GM mode and Eastside Hockey Manager to know where my managerial skills lie. It may be too early in my career to declare my desire for the job, but I'd just like to throw my name into the hat.

If you want to be an Assistant GM, it could be a good first step towards getting a VHLM GM spot. The Assistant GM job in Oslo is yours if you'd like.