Amazon Prime

Banackock

So just downloaded it on the old Xbox... Was super excited! Tons of amazing shows and movies on it! I was looking on Amazon's site..

Nope. Just spent 20 minutes in chat with "support".  First she told me Xbox wasn't support until I told her I was on my xbox, with the application installed. She then said it was because I was on the initial 30 day trial, which was also bull shit.

Long story short - if you're in Canada, don't waste your time. I was excited to try out "Vikings"... Prime Canada has fuck all for shows. Literally nothing. The US version seems AMAZING. I couldn't name you 3 movies, or 3 shows off Prime Canada.

Absolute shit. Anyone have Crave TV? Netflix is getting old. :P 

Absolute shit though. Just cancelled the membership. It's only 79 a year, but you pay that so you can watch shows from the 70's. You know it's a shit service when "Funny People" with Adam Sandler is a "spotlight" movie and one of their best comedies.. 

Torrents. Otherwise we just use Netflix. It's honestly not bad, and has a lot of quality shows. I really haven't used any other service as haven't found needed to in a world where Torrents are a thing. :P If someone wants me to go out of my way to subscribe to something just for one show, all the power to those that do but not worth it. Now the rumors of Disney starting their own service and loading up on a bunch of original SW/Marvel etc stuff, then yeah I'm down at least then it's not just signing up for literally a show or a movie or two. Netflix in general has a big enough catalogue of variety, plus some quality original stuff. Punisher coming up this week, just had Stranger Things Season 2, among a host of other quality things. Blight later this year. 

Keep in mind too if your getting bored of Canadian netflix you can always download a VPN and use American with the same account information. At least that is how it used to work last I tried it. 

12 minutes ago, Devise said:

Torrents. Otherwise we just use Netflix. It's honestly not bad, and has a lot of quality shows. I really haven't used any other service as haven't found needed to in a world where Torrents are a thing. :P If someone wants me to go out of my way to subscribe to something just for one show, all the power to those that do but not worth it. Now the rumors of Disney starting their own service and loading up on a bunch of original SW/Marvel etc stuff, then yeah I'm down at least then it's not just signing up for literally a show or a movie or two. Netflix in general has a big enough catalogue of variety, plus some quality original stuff. Punisher coming up this week, just had Stranger Things Season 2, among a host of other quality things. Blight later this year. 

Keep in mind too if your getting bored of Canadian netflix you can always download a VPN and use American with the same account information. At least that is how it used to work last I tried it. 

I used to do Torewntz until pirate and another got shut down. Then my lap top shit the bed with about 100+ movies and a fuck ton of shows. What an idiot! Have a 2 terabyte hard drive but didn't put em on! Lol

figures the torrents may have been fuckin with my laptop - thoughBOTH were HP and Ive also come to the conclusion HP is shit. 

Just now, Banackock said:

Yeah - I didn't read too much into it. I'll look after work tomorrow. 

A friend of mine did it. Literally a program you download on there and you get access to lots of movies and shows and other stuff like music and a kids section.

I illegally stream all kinds of shows and sports, but you don't need to use torrents. Just google the season and episode. Lots of sites like Dailymotion, videobull, etc  just have links to watch them without downloading anything. As long as you have adblock and aren't an idiot you shouldn't get any viruses

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Banackock said:

I used to do Torewntz until pirate and another got shut down. Then my lap top shit the bed with about 100+ movies and a fuck ton of shows. What an idiot! Have a 2 terabyte hard drive but didn't put em on! Lol

figures the torrents may have been fuckin with my laptop - thoughBOTH were HP and Ive also come to the conclusion HP is shit. 

Torrents + External hard drive + Plex Media Server = You can thank me later.

Seriously, anything I download (so basically if Netflix doesn’t have it) I pop onto my hard drive, Plex reads it, and I have that content (with all its innornation, art, subtitles, etc) available on all my devices at home and through any web browser when I’m away. My CPU will transcode anything that the player of choice can’t naturally play so it can basically handle any kind of file wirelessly and keep everything organized. Oh yeah, and it’s free, so there’s that. 

• Senior Admin

If you do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon, Prime is worth it for the shipping benefits alone IMO 

I had Crave for a few months awhile back, it had a few gems that kept me occupied for awhile but eventually got bored and stopped paying for it. 

1 hour ago, Will said:

If you do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon, Prime is worth it for the shipping benefits alone IMO 

:yeahthat:

I've got Prime and I've used the TV features... twice? Maybe? But the shipping discounts and the deals that Amazon gives Prime members is absolutely worth it to me - around this time last year ordered a treadmill where the shipping and free assembly paid for Prime itself. No idea how that varies between U.S. and Canada though.

• Senior Admin
Just now, CowboyinAmerica said:

:yeahthat:

I've got Prime and I've used the TV features... twice? Maybe? But the shipping discounts and the deals that Amazon gives Prime members is absolutely worth it to me - around this time last year ordered a treadmill where the shipping and free assembly paid for Prime itself. No idea how that varies between U.S. and Canada though.

Yup, I logged into Prime TV the first day I had it and never returned. Idk if you live somewhere with faster or maybe same-day delivery but for me in N.S., Prime gives me free 2-day shipping instead of the usual 3-5 business days. But gosh I mean if you take advantage of Prime Day it can easily pay for itself in a day :P 

10 hours ago, Bring Back Chat said:

I illegally stream all kinds of shows and sports, but you don't need to use torrents. Just google the season and episode. Lots of sites like Dailymotion, videobull, etc  just have links to watch them without downloading anything. As long as you have adblock and aren't an idiot you shouldn't get any viruses

Putlocker used to be a good one - not sure if it still is, it's been a bit since I've needed to use these things

• Head Moderator
17 hours ago, Banackock said:

American then? American looks AMAZING - Canada though was garbage. 

Huh? No I'm in Calgary. I use it for ordering mostly. I've watched like 2 shows on there, that's about it. I consider the TV part as bonus to the delivery and prime buying bonuses though.

• Head Moderator
10 hours ago, Beketov said:

Seriously, anything I download (so basically if Netflix doesn’t have it) I pop onto my hard drive, Plex reads it, and I have that content (with all its innornation, art, subtitles, etc) available on all my devices at home and through any web browser when I’m away. My CPU will transcode anything that the player of choice can’t naturally play so it can basically handle any kind of file wirelessly and keep everything organized. Oh yeah, and it’s free, so there’s that. 

That's my main mode, but I also have Netflix. I'm considering going Plex premium and using a cloud storage though. Headed towards 6 tb of stuff.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, tfong said:

That's my main mode, but I also have Netflix. I'm considering going Plex premium and using a cloud storage though. Headed towards 6 tb of stuff.

I haventhonestly seen a huge benefit to the Plex pass. It would have made the app free (so I can stream it to my Apple TV) but buying the app for life was the cost of Plex pass for 1 month so it didn’t really seem worth it.

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, Beketov said:

I haventhonestly seen a huge benefit to the Plex pass. It would have made the app free (so I can stream it to my Apple TV) but buying the app for life was the cost of Plex pass for 1 month so it didn’t really seem worth it.

If i went plex pass i'd buy the lifetime. 

19 hours ago, Beketov said:

I use to do some of that here, as did my roommate, but honestly I'm more worried about it from a security perspective. Granted you can password the shit out of the Media Server, but still. The "public track record" of that also plays into it for him, wondering how long the copyright stuff will be a grey in Canada and when that'll catch up with us to the point that this stuff could be considered incriminating. Not that I think it'll happen, but you never know. Especially in a world where I can just quickly transfer whatever I need onto whatever device in question, and otherwise can just stream if I need to content from any of my devices or PC to the big 4k to watch. 

Also @Banackock Torrents don't give you virus's. This isn't Limewire circa 2002 where you couldn't trust any file on the internet. Are there absolutely virus's on torrent sites? Yes. But it's easy for people like me to forget some people aren't as versed with knowing ways to verify a torrent before they get it on their computer, whether it be trusted uploaders, user feedback, or even scanning services if you need to but I haven't used anything like that in a long while since Piratebay, Isohunt, Torrentz, and ez.tv are all generally safe places.

9 hours ago, Devise said:

I use to do some of that here, as did my roommate, but honestly I'm more worried about it from a security perspective. Granted you can password the shit out of the Media Server, but still. The "public track record" of that also plays into it for him, wondering how long the copyright stuff will be a grey in Canada and when that'll catch up with us to the point that this stuff could be considered incriminating. Not that I think it'll happen, but you never know. Especially in a world where I can just quickly transfer whatever I need onto whatever device in question, and otherwise can just stream if I need to content from any of my devices or PC to the big 4k to watch. 

Also @Banackock Torrents don't give you virus's. This isn't Limewire circa 2002 where you couldn't trust any file on the internet. Are there absolutely virus's on torrent sites? Yes. But it's easy for people like me to forget some people aren't as versed with knowing ways to verify a torrent before they get it on their computer, whether it be trusted uploaders, user feedback, or even scanning services if you need to but I haven't used anything like that in a long while since Piratebay, Isohunt, Torrentz, and ez.tv are all generally safe places.

Yeah. It had to of been just a shit HP lap top that got the blue screen. Usually used Pirate and Torrentz. Torrentz was always amazing. YIfy always was a good

uploader haha

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Yeah. It had to of been just a shit HP lap top that got the blue screen. Usually used Pirate and Torrentz. Torrentz was always amazing. YIfy always was a good

uploader haha

Yify was good if you wanted bare bones to watch on a laptop. Sadly his quality was lacking with a proper setup since it was low quality stereo sound with very low bitrate video. To each their own but I’ll take a good quality 1080 5.1 rip over something with a small file size any day.