VHL Suggestion Drive

Beketov

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Like Jardy did it there

Could be good for Game 7 or if teams are still battling for the playoffs in the late stage of reg. season.

Could definitely be fun. Like I said it would just require a crew of a few people interested in doing it that Jardy could give the files to in advance. He’d have to work the logistics out with them of course but it could be something fun to have every once in awhile.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, STZ said:

Also it was only good because of @JardyB10 writing..

Damn I forgot about my brief time in Seattle

Jardy’s writing was brilliant. It’s a shame years of farm work and alcohol consumption have crippled the man he once was.

-Player Archetypes

I mean think about it. You get 2 strengths which can go to a max of 99, all other attributes max out at 95 and then 2 weaknesses which max out at 85. Would make for things to be interesting and keep it so not everything is 99 all across the board. I know I suggested it before but it would be awesome to see things like how the SHL has it planned out. Like one as a playmaker or a sniper, etc. Also NHL games have it like that when you play like clubs or drop in games. You pick your archetype and you are better in different aspects of the game and weaker in others.

-GM's get paid

I think it's well past being overdue for GM's to get paid for what they do. I get the VHLM GM's were in place to get paid to help keep their newbies active and such but why not pay the big boys for all they do?

-Keep the VHLM (Pt 1 of 2)

Keep the VHLM intact for first gens only. Drop it down to like 2 teams that way it's an either or scenario of which team they land on. Give the first gens a starting TPE of 50 so that they can get a chance to play better than the starting build of 30 TPE. This gives the first gens a better shot at actually sticking around and enjoying the league as they could have a better build and this is just them dipping their toes in the water before going up to the VHL and actually playing for a pro team.

-Fix carryover (Pt 2 of 2)

For those who are dealing with carryover and not wanting to play in the VHLM, how about awarding them with 100 TPE and placing them on a waiver system so that they can play out the year (or half a year) on a regular team. It would go based off a waiver system kept up to date with the worst to best record and then whoever claims, moves to the bottom of the list. This would make it for those who actually want to skip the VHLM altogether. Also make an option if a member does have carry over and they want to play in the VHLM, they could do so but the bottom line carryover would still be that of 50 just like a first gen. This way it levels the playing field. Someone wanting to go to the VHLM would benefit from the extra 1 TPE from the practice facility and they would have access to the VHLM fantasy zone for the extra TPE.

-Bring back buy TPE from the store

Maybe make the prices higher than what they were before so we do not see so much inflation. We could have it something like:

$2M = 5 TPE

$5M = 10 TPE

$10M = 20 TPE

This way people would actually want to spend their money on something. As for the prices, those are just examples and obviously up to the blue team and BOG to come together and set a reasonable price.

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Two teams?... Even an idea of affilate team sound better than this tbh.

I agree two teams is too small we already have most teams in the VHLM at max capacity for players. If anything the VHLM shouldn't exist or should add a team

7 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Two teams?... Even an idea of affilate team sound better than this tbh.

4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I agree two teams is too small we already have most teams in the VHLM at max capacity for players. If anything the VHLM shouldn't exist or should add a team

I guess you guys both missed the point of the VHLM being for first gen players only. Try to read things before taking things out of context incorrectly.

Just now, KGR said:

I guess you guys both missed the point of the VHLM being for first gen players only. Try to read things before taking things out of context incorrectly.

Regardless. It's like what, two teams are gonna play like 40 times per season? It's not fun.

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Regardless. It's like what, two teams are gonna play like 40 times per season? It's not fun.

It's a great solution to the problem. Affiliates are just hard to tie them into the sim like before. Also it's not for you to enjoy so I don't understand where your argument is coming from. You are not a first gen player. This is for those who are just coming to the site to get a feel for what we do.

Edited by KGR

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

It's a great solution to the problem. Affiliates are just dumb and it's hard to tie them into the sim like before.

I wasn't saying we should bring back affilates though.

And I still don't see how having two teams in minors is gonna be fun for the first gens. 4 makes more sense.

Edited by hedgehog337

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

I wasn't saying we should bring back affilates though.

And I still don't see how having two teams in minors is gonna be fun for the first gens. 4 makes more sense.

Do you see how many new first gens we get? Not enough to field 2 full teams. So that is why I suggested that. It's one team against another. With 4, you will be lucky to get 1-2 players per team with a bunch of cpu's. Read the second part under the carryover section as well. It's a 2 part.

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

Do you see how many new first gens we get? Not enough to field 2 full teams. So that is why I suggested that. It's one team against another. With 4, you will be lucky to get 1-2 players per team with a bunch of cpu's. Read the second part under the carryover section as well. It's a 2 part.

But I fail to see that first gens would be interested to play against the same team for a lot of times in season. In that case let's just contract the whole VHLM and put them to the big league.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

But I fail to see that first gens would be interested to play against the same team for a lot of times in season. In that case let's just contract the whole VHLM and put them to the big league.

That's a way to get people to not want to stick around at all. Let's pit a guy with 30 TPE up against those with 500, 700 or even 1,000 TPE. Congrats, you solved all our problems.

3 minutes ago, KGR said:

That's a way to get people to not want to stick around at all. Let's pit a guy with 30 TPE up against those with 500, 700 or even 1,000 TPE. Congrats, you solved all our problems.

And how a 2 team league gonna solve our problems? The same opponent every day, how can this drive interest? A best of 72 series huh?

Edited by hedgehog337

And how a 2 team league gonna solve our problems? The same opponent every day, how can this drive interest? A best of 72 series huh?

Those new people who join aren't going to care if it's two teams. They just want to see their player in action.

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

Those new people who join aren't going to care if it's two teams. They just want to see their player in action.

If I was a first gen newbie, then yeah I also would be interested to play more than one opponent. But maybe that's only me, idk.

Edited by hedgehog337

If I was a first gen newbie, then yeah I also would be interested to play more than one opponent. But maybe that's only me, idk.

I'm with you. Playing one team would be boring.