VHL Suggestion Drive

Beketov

• Commissioner

VHL Suggestion Drive

In an effort to improve this league that we all enjoy, starting today and ending next week (November 18th to 26th) the VHL will be having a Suggestion Drive to help bring fresh ideas into the league and drive both discussion and change. We've done this once before but in case you weren't around for it the process is very simple. During the week you can all make suggestions in the regular suggestions and complaints forum on things you would like to see implemented or changed in the VHL. All suggestions will be considered and open to both public discussion and BOG / Blue discussion as needed.

So, how does this differ from any other week where suggestions could be made? Very simple, we're going to pay you for them! Each suggestion will be worth 1 uncapped TPE with a max of 5 suggestions for pay; though if you want to make extra please do. In addition if the league implements a suggestion you bring forth you will be awarded an additional 5 uncapped TPE (1 reward per member). So essentially if you post 5 suggestions and at least one gets used you're getting 10 uncapped TPE, pretty sweet deal right?

So start thinking up those league changing ideas and bring them forth. No suggestion is too small or too large to be considered; let's make the VHL better together.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Green said:

- Full PT cross site welfare (see sba / efl )

- Trading cards (see sba)

- Bring back tpe store purchases

- Weekly activity checks by posting in an x amount of games (like vhlm)

Post them a little more fleshed out in the proper sections and those lucrative TPEs can be yours.

Also, just to get things flowing more natirally, I opened this up a little early so you can start posting stuff now. End date has remained unchanged.

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, Quik said:

Can I post stuff I posted before? Lol

I’ll allow it so long as you re-post and try to build on the ideas more.

• Commissioner
26 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Can we suggest something that someone else already has? Maybe just expanding on it or giving your own fleshed out reasons for it?

I would rather avoid it to get more discussion but depending on the situation it may be allowed.

My 2 cents are:

GM Awarded Points: Giving the GM's some ability to reward their team with points.  I know a lot of people hark that this will be abused, but I think it has the potential to help create team bonding as it gives players incentive to be active to be noticed by their GM, while also creating a check against the GM's as it will be decently obvious if the GM is abusing the power, they can be warned or removed, and gives us a red flag for if they are someone we would need to keep an eye on in the future.

Short Term Tasks: I dont have a good name for this yet, but this is the idea I've been pitching for a bit about threads like "share your favorite piece of hockey paraphernalia" or "whats the craziest thing you've seen at a hockey game" which players can earn TPE by sharing a story about their life.  It does not have to be worth as much as a MS, but should be more than a VHL.com article.  I can tell you personally, I'm crazy at work right now doing 12-14 hour days 7 days a week for at least the next month, and I haven't had the time to sit down and do a proper MS.  So something like this that will keep some sort of TPE flowing would be great for someone like me.  I feel as though to earn TPE on this site with out having a job, your only options are MS, Something to do with Photo Shop, or Podcasting.  Now, I haven't ever podcasted and would really know where to start to fill 20 minutes of speaking time, and have no skill what so ever in the realm of photo shop.  I know there are others who are not strong writers, so those word limits might be daunting for them. Some kind of mid point like this, I think, would be beneficial to keeping players active, and rewarding them for their activity.

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, Beaviss said:

@Beketov If I put my suggestions in one thread and do a large word count and detail for them can I use them as my PT aswell as my suggestion?

That would be up to 16 TPE so I’m going to go with a no unfortunately on that directly but if you want to give a basic overview as suggestions and then offer much more specific details as an MS that’s fine.

Suggestions:

1. Recruiting Bonuses Thought Out and actually used instead of the whiners saying it's giving too much TPE to an area that doesn't take much work.

2. Welcome Crew Reengagement. It has fallen right out and i think it would be wise to get in running and in gear before we start to actually recruit moving forward.

3. Disband the VHLM and go on a waiver system much like we ran for the S2 Dispersal Draft that say legend Christian Stolzschweiger rule the league!

4.  If the VHLM is not disbanded, move the cities to actual legitimate locations that are hockey markets and not fringe level cities like Oslo or anything stupid. Get rid of Yukon as well.

5. Bring back the weekly draws that saw members win prizes. It boosts engagement and interest in the league.

6. Have someone who knows how to edit, edit the Mag. It's hard to read it with all the mistakes and thats why interest in it has fallen.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:02 AM, Green said:

People can work out my ideas for the tpe if they want. Dont care about the points really. Just wanted to contribute the suggestions.

This, but the opposite. I don't really care about my suggestions I just want the points

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner
Just now, Beaviss said:

@Beketov I know it's past the drive dates could I still suggest some for TPE? Since I was busy with IRL stuff?

I’ll allow it.

FWIW @Gooningitup’s suggestions can count as well if he wants them to.

• Commissioner
Just now, Gooningitup said:

Does that stack on the 6 for it being my media or instead of? 

Oh, didn’t even realize that was an MS.

If you want I can move that topic to the suggestions forum and you can use it for this and do another MS. Or you can just leave it and count it as 6 points instead of this. I’m fine with either.

Has any thought been put into less-frequent simulations (perhaps 3 times a week) and a few live sims that day?  Or even just doing a live sim every 2-3 days?  Back in the old days (hooray I'm old balls now) live sims flourished with activity and kept interest thriving, if not for the pages of trolling in every thread.  Games can be determined ahead of time (when schedule comes out) or every week.

Also hi.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Has any thought been put into less-frequent simulations (perhaps 3 times a week) and a few live sims that day?  Or even just doing a live sim every 2-3 days?  Back in the old days (hooray I'm old balls now) live sims flourished with activity and kept interest thriving, if not for the pages of trolling in every thread.  Games can be determined ahead of time (when schedule comes out) or every week.

Also hi.

I like the idea of live sims but I don’t know if having less sims a week would really be a great strategy.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I like the idea of live sims but I don’t know if having less sims a week would really be a great strategy.

Live sims VHL style (when done properly) were awesome.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Live sims VHL style (when done properly) were awesome.

You aren’t wrong. Trouble is that it’s hard to do them properly. It isn’t like old Madden sims where it’s easy to just watch and list what happens. Things don’t really work that way with STHS.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

You aren’t wrong. Trouble is that it’s hard to do them properly. It isn’t like old Madden sims where it’s easy to just watch and list what happens. Things don’t really work that way with STHS.

Do PbP's at times then.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Do PbP's at times then.

Example?

I’m not opposed to the idea (though we would need people with the time to do them since @JardyB10 definitely doesnt have it) but I’m not sure what kind of stuff would be done.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Example?

I’m not opposed to the idea (though we would need people with the time to do them since @JardyB10 definitely doesnt have it) but I’m not sure what kind of stuff would be done.

Like Jardy did it there

Could be good for Game 7 or if teams are still battling for the playoffs in the late stage of reg. season.