Claimed: Franchise Cornerstone; S58 Most Valuable Player ? [1/2]

boubabi

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Not at all, but somehow Quebec ended up giving 750 shots more than Helsinki

Also, Helsinki gave up almost 33 shots per game, which is only the sixth result. They even were behind Calgary in this category, yet they finished 4th in regular season.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I got banned when trying to find a solution to that

so no thank you 

That is a shame, should really try to find the solution to that

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Every player has 99 endurance.

And what the league is supposed to do? Changing the sim engine? Changing the sim version of STHS?

I know, but should maybe try to move away from the 99 endurance and towards having depth in the teams actually mean something. Two lines is of course enough if you set it up in a way that nobody ever gets tired, terrible system.

No idea what they should, maybe change the sim version then? Or throw the 2 line system out of the window.

No idea what they should, maybe change the sim version then? Or throw the 2 line system out of the window.

This is the oldest thing in the book. Multiple tests have been tried and nothing works with the current VHL's standard/history. It just won't happen 

Edited by boubabi

I know, but should maybe try to move away from the 99 endurance and towards having depth in the teams actually mean something. Two lines is of course enough if you set it up in a way that nobody ever gets tired, terrible system.

You mean we will need to add TPE to an endurance? My be a decent idea if we have enough players for 3 or so lines, like you want to see.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Also, Helsinki gave up almost 33 shots per game, which is only the sixth result. They even were behind Calgary in this category, yet they finished 4th in regular season.

Quebec gave up over 43, but at the same time shot bit over 18. Helsinki shot over 30 times, bit of a difference in both areas for Helsinki

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Or throw the 2 line system out of the window.

That requires another contraction or cutting the whole VHLM out. Idk if this thing will work, especially if we already get used to see our players playing more minutes.

Quebec gave up over 43, but at the same time shot bit over 18. Helsinki shot over 30 times, bit of a difference in both areas for Helsinki

And again, Quebec finished last. Skye's effort was enough for 15 wins, which is not valuable enough. Blame Frank for not adding better players to his team (not that he even wanted that).

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

This is the oldest thing in the book. Multiple tests have been tried and nothing works with the current VHL's standard/history. It just won't happen 

That is sad news really, so this is pretty much the final product in one major area of every league, the sim and what happens in the actual games? No changes to any direction in the horizon?

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

You mean we will need to add TPE to an endurance? My be a decent idea if we have enough players for 3 or so lines, like you want to see.

Exactly, but would have to change a lot of things. Might have to drop few teams again to get to the 3 or 4 lines, tweak salaries, finances etc, but end result would be a healthier league.

Just now, jRuutu said:

That is sad news really, so this is pretty much the final product in one major area of every league, the sim and what happens in the actual games? No changes to any direction in the horizon?

I won't be the one proposing those changes. Propose something to the table that is structured and possible and the league will analyse it

Exactly, but would have to change a lot of things. Might have to drop few teams again to get to the 3 or 4 lines, tweak salaries, finances etc, but end result would be a healthier league.

Is EHM or Franchise hockey manager out of the question?

I personally am a HUGE supporter of EHM 07, though I know that has hardware issues we would be unable to work around.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

That requires another contraction or cutting the whole VHLM out. Idk if this thing will work, especially if we already get used to see our players playing more minutes.

And again, Quebec finished last. Skye's effort was enough for 15 wins, which is not valuable enough. Blame Frank for not adding better players to his team (not that he even wanted that).

It would still be better than what we have now, no question about it. 3 lines is always better than 2 and the 99 endurance getting removed alone makes a big difference.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Might have to drop few teams again to get to the 3 or 4 lines, tweak salaries, finances etc, but end result would be a healthier league.

I also forgot to mention this in my last post as well.

And which GM would be ok with his team being cut out? That's won't be that easy to cut the teams out.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

I won't be the one proposing those changes. Propose something to the table that is structured and possible and the league will analyse it

Nothing is ever going to change. There is still people who hold welfare users as the savers of the league, even taking 1 or 2 tpe away from the weekly total is end of the world. Imagine how much you need to lobby towards getting 2 line system changed?

3 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

Is EHM or Franchise hockey manager out of the question?

I personally am a HUGE supporter of EHM 07, though I know that has hardware issues we would be unable to work around.

I would like to see something like that, I don´t have too much experience in EHM or franchise hockey managers, but I know they are or can be closer to real hockey than what we have now in VHL.

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I also forgot to mention this in my last post as well.

And which GM would be ok with his team being cut out? That's won't be that easy to cut the teams out.

I know it´s not going to be easy, but need to start from somewhere. At some point the greater good of everybody in the league should be the priority.

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

yes, EHM is garbage and broken as well. Dunno about the other sim, but the VHL requires a large number of customization, and not quite sure the software allows that 

Franchise manager seemed ok the few times I tried it, have not played too much of it. More of a football manager fan myself

Just now, jRuutu said:

I know it´s not going to be easy, but need to start from somewhere. At some point the greater good of everybody in the league should be the priority.

Just bring more active players and we'll be ok with 8 teams. And after all, there are still gonna be at least two rebuilding teams regardless of number of players.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Just bring more active players and we'll be ok with 8 teams. And after all, there are still gonna be at least two rebuilding teams regardless of number of players.

But what if the new players want to see more than 2 lines on each team? Is there enough attention put into making people aware that VHL is supposed to be like this? Not a good look if you go after users who might be in other sim leagues and when they come here and see so many bots in the rosters.