Claimed: Franchise Cornerstone; S58 Most Valuable Player ? [1/2]

boubabi

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

No, but thank you.

Even in the hidden thunder dome thread that eagles bring back chat made, you weren't that much of an ass toward me and my ban

so I love you 

5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Even in the hidden thunder dome thread that eagles bring back chat made, you weren't that much of an ass toward me and my ban

so I love you 

swehXR0.jpg

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

@jRuutu

with another winning argument he's undefeated folks

He lost the main one - Skye is not an MVP.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

I mean it's weird to ask the question to a man who didn't even join the VHL yet. As I said, it might go to survey.

No, but thank you.

Get valuable data by asking questions from people who are not in the league, but also at the same time you promote the league ;)

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Wait, you are saying to try to get people here we should ask them what they want in a sim league and then change for them? I mean I get it in theory but at the same time if they are the minority we have basically thrown a dog a treat and then assumed all dogs like the same treats. I think you got backwards thinking in this. I've discussed things with you in the past but I'm afraid I think you actively look for devil's advocate on everything just to be heard. No offence, but this isn't the SHL and never has been; no point in trying to be that league.

Lets say you post the survey to multiple sites, around 100 people answer. 80 people out of 100 say that only 2 lines in each team is not really something they want to see or want to be part of, what should the league do then?

Or if 80 people out of 100 people say: Yes! That is exactly the type of league I have been looking for, being able to play in big role right away is key, I´m joining!

This league does not need to be SHL, but like it or not - VHL is a hockey sim league that fights for the same users. Instead of using this 2 line league mentality as advantage and promote it like it is, you by the looks of it ask from people who are already in here and see what they think about the league and base your recruitment and league decisions on that. Who has the backwards thinking here?

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Never tried it, or is the sim attendance part of it? If so, not bad, brings at least bit more attention to the actual games than VHL does here

No, I mean the system the VHL is trying to implement here. Cause I see that SBA is a pretty active league.

8 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

No, I mean the system the VHL is trying to implement here. Cause I see that SBA is a pretty active league.

Also a different sport, if we would move to basketball here with the current member group, would get a lot more active feeling than now, because most of the teams don´t need two lines of players.

But if the welfare system is the one where you in league A can claim something you did on league B, not a fan.

E: Gotta head off, need to sleep again..........................

Edited by jRuutu

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

But if the welfare system is the one where you in league A can claim something you did on league B, not a fan.

But again, SBA and EFL does exactly the same. Posting PT in EFL and claiming 6 TPE welfare in SBA; Posting a PT in SBA, claiming 6 TPE welfare in EFL. The same thing. A couple of EFL'ers joined SBA recently and are still staying active, so maybe this welfare system isn't the biggest problem?

22 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I think the idea was good for a small amount of people, but caused stress and exhaustion for most people 

But see that's why it was proposed as an option not a requirement.

21 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I also enjoyed it and thus I have two players running right now

Exactly. It's fun having two players on different teams and especially when they are competing against each other.

21 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

What if the only way to get into 3rd and 4th line system is by dropping teams now and showing to the potential new people that the league is healthy? It does not look healthy with so many bots in the roster pages and only two lines in the sim reports.

We have already dropped teams. There should be no reason why we can't field two full lines on all eight teams. The problem again lies in recruiting. If you are dead set on the 3-4 lines thing, then come join us on the recruiting front and help us bring in members. We can talk about your want for 3-4 lines when we can get at least another 20+ active members.

Also, those 2 leagues are relatively new compared to the VHL. Don't compare the league's interest when they don't have the same longevity 

Edited by boubabi

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

But see that's why it was proposed as an option not a requirement.

That's why I'm saying there was pressure. Even though you weren't obligated to have 2 players, seeing other players with 2 players and have decent success puts some pressure on other members. ''If they can do it, why can't I'' mentality. 2 player isn't for everyone. It burned out Phil who was a long time vhl member. Anyway, that project is dead and there's not much else to say 

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

That's why I'm saying there was pressure. Even though you weren't obligated to have 2 players, seeing other players with 2 players and have decent success puts some pressure on other members. ''If they can do it, why can't I'' mentality. 2 player isn't for everyone. It burned out Phil who was a long time vhl member. Anyway, that project is dead and there's not much else to say 

There is one thing to say. #BringBackProject2Player

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

It burned out Phil who was a long time vhl member.

I'm not sure about that. Did he say that?

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Also, those 2 leagues are relatively new compared to the VHL. Don't compare the league's interest when they don't have the same longevity 

Longevity? Not sure if this point is valid here. I meant that their welfare system doesn't hurts leagues, especially SBA. They just have a better retaining and welfare has nothing to do about it.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Longevity? Not sure if this point is valid here. I meant that their welfare system doesn't hurts leagues, especially SBA. They just have a better retaining and welfare has nothing to do about it.

What I meant is, the VHL had it pretty good in season 30 as well, and it would have been difficult to spot a flaw in the system when the league was still running on the "hype". You lose that edge when the same concept is there for 58 seasons. So I'm not saying we should compare with other league's strategy, but its also good to note that those leagues are "younger" and plays that role. 

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Can't confirm or deny, but I'm sure it didn't help. Phil already had a foot outside the door, but I just think the exhaustion from the 2nd player project confirmed is abandon of the league 

Just now, boubabi said:

Can't confirm or deny, but I'm sure it didn't help. Phil already had a foot outside the door, but I just think the exhaustion from the 2nd player project confirmed is abandon of the league 

I mean he's like, almost 30 y.o man? IRL things are more important in that age.

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

What I meant is, the VHL had it pretty good in season 30 as well, and it would have been difficult to spot a flaw in the system when the league was still running on the "hype".

Yes, because probably retaining was on point and the mentor job was a thing.