Claimed: Franchise Cornerstone; S58 Most Valuable Player ? [1/2]

boubabi

9 hours ago, Kendrick said:

I'm glad you brought up same users because same type of users is what we want. Why grab the opinion of people who may not even join either way? To me that's gaining info from people who won't ever have a shot at improving this site regardless of their vote.

I can see your point, but I don't think thats the best way to garner an opinion. You gain it from people interested in sim league sports, not people who like taking polls haha

No I mean you go into same places as you go now with the recruitment posts, hockey , sim league, sports forums etc and ask those people to take the survey. Changes are you get valuable information from the people who you are trying to recruit and see what they actually want to see.

10 hours ago, Trifecta said:

We have already dropped teams. There should be no reason why we can't field two full lines on all eight teams. The problem again lies in recruiting. If you are dead set on the 3-4 lines thing, then come join us on the recruiting front and help us bring in members. We can talk about your want for 3-4 lines when we can get at least another 20+ active members.

I would like to join and help out, but as things are right now - I´m not seeing enough that suggests that the 3- 4 lines setup will ever happen, no matter how many people join in. Sounds like an excuse and it is, but until the league leadership, BOG or whatever comes in and says: Listen up everybody, starting from now, we are working towards moving the league to be a place where every team has a third and fourth line.  Something along those lines, clear signal that is the direction the league is going, not lets first focus on bringing 30 people here and then we talk. 

10 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

But again, SBA and EFL does exactly the same. Posting PT in EFL and claiming 6 TPE welfare in SBA; Posting a PT in SBA, claiming 6 TPE welfare in EFL. The same thing. A couple of EFL'ers joined SBA recently and are still staying active, so maybe this welfare system isn't the biggest problem?

Not a fan :(

Not the biggest problem here sure, but where do you go from there if it ´fails´ here?  What if the difference in user numbers is not big enough and for some reason you decide to throw the system away and go back to PT done in this site only?

10 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Also, @jRuutu once again went to sleep 1 AM.

He may lost the MVP discussion, but he stays winning with this regime. whew.png

Thank you :P Yea time went flying again

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, tfong said:

@boubabi comes back and his first MS generates a 10 page thread. (Awesome job btw!)

My loltyer1 prediction is spot on.

Not to diminish @boubabi but, to be fair, any page that gets @jRuutu going will generate a bunch of replies haha.

Still though, can’t deny the man knows how to make a hot topic. From my skimming theory gg it also appears to have stayed relatively civil :cheers:

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, jRuutu said:

I would like to join and help out, but as things are right now - I´m not seeing enough that suggests that the 3- 4 lines setup will ever happen, no matter how many people join in. Sounds like an excuse and it is, but until the league leadership, BOG or whatever comes in and says: Listen up everybody, starting from now, we are working towards moving the league to be a place where every team has a third and fourth line.  Something along those lines, clear signal that is the direction the league is going, not lets first focus on bringing 30 people here and then we talk. 

Do you really need an official note on that matter? Obviously if we have 10 extra players coming into every team they need to go somewhere so the cap would be adjusted for more lines. Honestly it’s what should have happened instead of expansion years ago. I don’t think you need an official statement for that though.

As it stands @Trifecta is right; it’s an issue with members. Personally you think dropping teams to have 4 lines looks better but I disagree. That would mean dropping half our teams which I think makes the league look far weaker than having bots (that never play anyway) filling the rosters. If we get more members, we can look at filling out the lines more.

You seem to have it in your head that 2 lines is some kind of league philosophy and it isn’t. It’s just that with the amount of active players we have combined with the amount of teams we have it makes the most sense. Personally I do think if we had enough members that actually active guys were rotting away on the 4th line it would be better to expand but I have no issues at all with welfare or depth players playing 4th like minutes as long as they aren’t leaving because they never play. It isn’t a philosophy, it’s just the reality of how many active players the league tends to have.

7 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Just like Jesus rising from the dead we have boubabi coming back

More like beelzeboubabi, amirite?

5 hours ago, jRuutu said:

What would the league gain from trying to force 3-4 line teams? I think people understand that if their team is doubling up on their lines, that means more ice-time for them, and more fun in the sim. How many people would be happy getting 7-10 minutes of ice-time per game, and no points? 3? 4? Hell, I was disappointed I was only getting 26 minutes last season lol.

Contracting again, in order to get the appearance of a fuller league, only to need expansion soon after, is not a strong strategy. Right now, recruitment is in full swing, and we've already seen a few new/returning members create players in the past couple weeks. Hopefully the user base can grow, and we can look at whether it's better to run 3 lines in the sim, or what other ideas work best for the league. Until then, trying to force something that almost nobody is asking for is a pointless endeavour.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Do you really need an official note on that matter? Obviously if we have 10 extra players coming into every team they need to go somewhere so the cap would be adjusted for more lines. Honestly it’s what should have happened instead of expansion years ago. I don’t think you need an official statement for that though.

As it stands @Trifecta is right; it’s an issue with members. Personally you think dropping teams to have 4 lines looks better but I disagree. That would mean dropping half our teams which I think makes the league look far weaker than having bots (that never play anyway) filling the rosters. If we get more members, we can look at filling out the lines more.

You seem to have it in your head that 2 lines is some kind of league philosophy and it isn’t. It’s just that with the amount of active players we have combined with the amount of teams we have it makes the most sense. Personally I do think if we had enough members that actually active guys were rotting away on the 4th line it would be better to expand but I have no issues at all with welfare or depth players playing 4th like minutes as long as they aren’t leaving because they never play. It isn’t a philosophy, it’s just the reality of how many active players the league tends to have.

Personally I do, yes. I have been here close to 15 seasons now and all this time it´s been more or less just like this, 2 lines on each team at best. The picture I got from these 3rd-4th line/depth of roster discussions is that the league much rather adds teams than adds the 3rd and 4th lines.

I don´t know how many teams you would need to drop to have 3rd and/or 4th lines right now, but it would be a fresh start and a clear signal towards moving this place to the 3rd and 4th line system. Even if it´s a 4 or 6 team league, start from there and show this league is a active place and not a semi ghost town where most teams have at best two lines.

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Personally I do, yes. I have been here close to 15 seasons now and all this time it´s been more or less just like this, 2 lines on each team at best. The picture I got from these 3rd-4th line/depth of roster discussions is that the league much rather adds teams than adds the 3rd and 4th lines.

I don´t know how many teams you would need to drop to have 3rd and/or 4th lines right now, but it would be a fresh start and a clear signal towards moving this place to the 3rd and 4th line system. Even if it´s a 4 or 6 team league, start from there and show this league is a active place and not a semi ghost town where most teams have at best two lines.

Except the blue team admitted that adding teams was not the best move...also the current blue team didn't add those teams, the previous regime did. So it's time to get over that and move forward

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Well we have 2 like teams now so it’s a safe bet to assume that we’d need to knock half the teams out in order to achieve 4 lines. Personally I do not see that as being the direction the league will want to take.

4 hours ago, Quik said:

More like beelzeboubabi, amirite?

What would the league gain from trying to force 3-4 line teams? I think people understand that if their team is doubling up on their lines, that means more ice-time for them, and more fun in the sim. How many people would be happy getting 7-10 minutes of ice-time per game, and no points? 3? 4? Hell, I was disappointed I was only getting 26 minutes last season lol.

Contracting again, in order to get the appearance of a fuller league, only to need expansion soon after, is not a strong strategy. Right now, recruitment is in full swing, and we've already seen a few new/returning members create players in the past couple weeks. Hopefully the user base can grow, and we can look at whether it's better to run 3 lines in the sim, or what other ideas work best for the league. Until then, trying to force something that almost nobody is asking for is a pointless endeavour.

But the fun part is that you are not going to play 7 or 10 minutes all of your career, you keep progressing and improving as a player,  eventually you will be in the scoring role or top pairing in defense. That is what the league gains, it´s actually an achievement if you play well or in a big role in a team that has 3rd and 4th lines. Now you are in the 2nd line at worst right away after entering VHL, want it or not. What is there to look forward to now? Scoring 80 points when last year you had 70? Watching players who have 50% less TPE than you do, but still play better and have better seasons?

I hope so as well, hopefully more users keep on joining and the place can grow, but in my opinion the league could speed up the process towards 3rd and 4th line system by simply removing couple teams and showing the new users that this place now has real depth in the teams, more active LRs and in general more intense regular seasons.

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Except the blue team admitted that adding teams was not the best move...also the current blue team didn't add those teams, the previous regime did. So it's time to get over that and move forward

I see,  is the current blue team 100% in on the add 3rd and 4th lines into every team?

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Well we have 2 like teams now so it’s a safe bet to assume that we’d need to knock half the teams out in order to achieve 4 lines. Personally I do not see that as being the direction the league will want to take.

Could we get to 3 lines by dropping 2 teams?

20 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I see,  is the current blue team 100% in on the add 3rd and 4th lines into every team?

I think the blue team is first on board with allowing recruiting to take its course and see where the chips will fall. Essentially if we get an influx of members we have to expand to more lines anyways. I don't get why that is so hard to comprehend right away haha

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Our objective is to add members. We do not have an end goal regarding the amount of lines in the league; we just want active members.

Theorhetically but we don’t intend on dropping any more teams at this time.

34 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

But the fun part is that you are not going to play 7 or 10 minutes all of your career, you keep progressing and improving as a player,  eventually you will be in the scoring role or top pairing in defense.

Idk what about others, but I won't have fun to wait. Especially in a league with the 8-season career.

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I think the blue team is first on board with allowing recruiting to take its course and see where the chips will fall. Essentially if we get an influx of members we have to expand to more lines anyways. I don't get why that is so hard to comprehend right away haha

Because the image I got from previous discussions is the exact opposite :P  Seems to be a lot more towards ´yes´ for the 3rd and 4th line system than lets say 6 months ago.

9 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Our objective is to add members. We do not have an end goal regarding the amount of lines in the league; we just want active members.

Theorhetically but we don’t intend on dropping any more teams at this time.

At some point the question/option will come up, add more teams or add more lines. If the last blue team went with the more teams option, I´m hoping the new blue team goes with the more lines option this time.

8 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Idk what about others, but I won't have fun to wait. Especially in a league with the 8-season career.

Would more than likely have to tweak the career length as well, but even in the 8 season career, you wont be in the bottom-6 for all of your career, not even half of it if you are a user who does PTs. Naturally will be harder for the welfare users, but not impossible for them either.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

At some point the question/option will come up, add more teams or add more lines. If the last blue team went with the more teams option, I´m hoping the new blue team goes with the more lines option this time.

You have to recognize that people at the time had been asking to expand for many seasons already. The blue team made the call they thought was best. Ultimately most of us now disagree with that move.

We will do what’s best for the league. At this point I cannot really say what that right move will be. I’m leaning towards larger teams but we’re talking a future that isn’t set in stone. What moves the league makes ultimately depend on how the league looks member wise when those decisions need to be made. That’s why we can’t make an official statement on the matter. The VHL is a fluid entity; we can’t simply state “this is what’s going to happen in 4 seasons” when we don’t know what the league makeup will be in 4 seasons.

5 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Would more than likely have to tweak the career length as well, but even in the 8 season career, you wont be in the bottom-6 for all of your career, not even half of it if you are a user who does PTs. Naturally will be harder for the welfare users, but not impossible for them either.

And again, not sure if everybody or even the majority would be on board with it. Like me - If I was an usual member, seeing my guy playing 10 something minutes for 2 or more seasons would hurt my activity.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

You have to recognize that people at the time had been asking to expand for many seasons already. The blue team made the call they thought was best. Ultimately most of us now disagree with that move.

We will do what’s best for the league. At this point I cannot really say what that right move will be. I’m leaning towards larger teams but we’re talking a future that isn’t set in stone. What moves the league makes ultimately depend on how the league looks member wise when those decisions need to be made. That’s why we can’t make an official statement on the matter. The VHL is a fluid entity; we can’t simply state “this is what’s going to happen in 4 seasons” when we don’t know what the league makeup will be in 4 seasons.

What season was that? The expansion?

That is fair, after all it´s hard to say what will happen in five seasons from now, who stays active and who does not, how many players join etc, but at least I would like to see or hear news/updates/announcements about what is going on behind the scenes, what direction the league is going, especially in this area - is 3rd and 4th line a reality or possibility in the immediate future. Even a short 25-50 word update after every season is more than fine.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

What season was that? The expansion?

S30 I believe? I don’t fully remember but I believe it was around that landmark. People had honestly been asking for Expansion since like Season 10.