Claimed: Franchise Cornerstone; S58 Most Valuable Player ? [1/2]

boubabi

2 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

It's just those people who think that they shouldn't be limited to how far they can update or be told what they can update to. Things change and I believe this one could be for the better of the league. This would make GM's actually have to do their homework instead of "who has the most TPE".

The player build with strenghts and weakness could be ok, but if it's some basic shit like scoring as a strength and passing as a weakness - it won't do very much to stop members to reach the 99 scoring.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

because it creates the opposite effect and remove all importance/gap between high tpe earners and player builds . I think hockey player's contribution is further than ''I shoot a lot'' 

Uhm...read my last post again. I already mentioned about 1000+ TPE players, not 300.

24 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Proper hockey team and league feel to the whole experience,  at the moment it´s closer to a sunday league or pickup hockey with the neighbours than a  ´real´ hockey experience.  Two lines in each team is not for every hockey fan, simple as that. I´m willing to bet it would be easier to bring new users in if this place would have strong 3 or 4 line setup for each team, no matter if there is just 4 teams in the league.

Given the polls in the past, you are in the minority.

3 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Not sure dropping a few teams again is the problem. 8 seems just right. The real problem lies within recruiting. If you can manage to bring in say 20 new members, sure let's push to 3-4 line teams. Unless that happens, then why try to lessen the teams and make deeper lines? Again, this is not the GOMHL.

Is the feeling changing towards 3 and 4 lines being ok? Not so long ago when I was personally in discussion about this, quite few users were against it, having to play 3rd and 4th line minutes was a real deal breaker?

5 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

Didn't even buy NHL 18 this year =/ the GM mode has gotten so stale, and I'm sick of the game not rewarding you for doing actually smart hockey plays.  I want a true hockey simulation, not a hockey arcade game.

Yea for sure, I used to play a lot of the GM mode while back, but in the last few years = almost not at all, have tried to get a career going here and there, but usually get bored in week. Best is to find a game like franchise hockey manager on pc and have your fun in there.  I just buy NHL for Eashl and playing with friends anymore.

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Having multiple team with 4 lines is a end result. It doesn't solve much thing, it's just a result from better member retention/recruitment 

Is that a direct ´quote´ from the league leadership? They try to push the league into having 3rd and 4th lines in the future?

Just now, jRuutu said:

Is that a direct ´quote´ from the league leadership? They try to push the league into having 3rd and 4th lines in the future?

No, that's just my quote. We need to work with what we have first. You don't open a restaurant with 2000 places if you can't fill 50 of those places. It's ineffective. You improve your product and your visibility, then yo ucan think about expansion and drastic team build changes.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Have you done those in VHL or in various hockey related forums/threads outside VHL?

We had a poll here recently if I recall. Why would I do them outside VHL though if the VHL is where we are discussing the change proposed? That's like asking a Kindergarten class if they think the budget cuts at a Appliance store will help our company long term.

Just now, boubabi said:

No, that's just my quote. We need to work with what we have first. You don't open a restaurant with 2000 places if you can't fill 50 of those places. It's ineffective. You improve your product and your visibility, then yo ucan think about expansion and drastic team build changes.

But if the league has been going on for 58 seasons already, surely the taking your time and improving the product with small changes is getting to the point of being in the past? Ever since I joined here, around season 43 or 44, 2 line system has been in place and still is today. When is it going to change or getting even near to changing?

Just now, jRuutu said:

But if the league has been going on for 58 seasons already, surely the taking your time and improving the product with small changes is getting to the point of being in the past? Ever since I joined here, around season 43 or 44, 2 line system has been in place and still is today. When is it going to change or getting even near to changing?

no one argues that changes are required. But logical changes are required. Pressing the panic button and trying everything just for the sake of it isn't exactly justified 

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

We had a poll here recently if I recall. Why would I do them outside VHL though if the VHL is where we are discussing the change proposed? That's like asking a Kindergarten class if they think the budget cuts at a Appliance store will help our company long term.

Surely for the recruitment committee getting information from users who are not even in the league is worth a lot more? If you get a positive reaction towards 2 line league from people who are not in the league, surely it would be smart to really put focus into the fact in your recruitment posts that everybody will play a lot?

Or if you keep getting negative results, surely at some point its worth thinking about maybe moving away from the 2 line system?

Just now, jRuutu said:

Surely for the recruitment committee getting information from users who are not even in the league is worth a lot more? If you get a positive reaction towards 2 line league from people who are not in the league, surely it would be smart to really put focus into the fact in your recruitment posts that everybody will play a lot?

Or if you keep getting negative results, surely at some point its worth thinking about maybe moving away from the 2 line system?

You are assuming people join or don't join based on how many lines are on each team though? Which is definitely not the route to go in recruitment.

"Hey you should join our simulation hockey league. However, we want to know if you'd rather a four line team or a two line team?"

I really think you are fishing for something here that will leave your rod bare.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

no one argues that changes are required. But logical changes are required. Pressing the panic button and trying everything just for the sake of it isn't exactly justified 

And this is coming after 2 player system getting put in and taken out, after recent ideas/rumours about allowing a PT done in other league counting in VHL as well?

Almost like VHL is doing it´s best to add in ideas that would get you banned in any other league, multiple players and using same PT twice

Just now, Kendrick said:

You are assuming people join or don't join based on how many lines are on each team though? Which is definitely not the route to go in recruitment.

"Hey you should join our simulation hockey league. However, we want to know if you'd rather a four line team or a two line team?"

I really think you are fishing for something here that will leave your rod bare.

That is exactly the route you should go? Tell them how it really is and see who likes it. No need to sugar coat it with fancy slogans like: league has been up for 58 seasons or we have users from all over the world etc, short and purely facts.

15 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Is the feeling changing towards 3 and 4 lines being ok? Not so long ago when I was personally in discussion about this, quite few users were against it, having to play 3rd and 4th line minutes was a real deal breaker?

Yea for sure, I used to play a lot of the GM mode while back, but in the last few years = almost not at all, have tried to get a career going here and there, but usually get bored in week. Best is to find a game like franchise hockey manager on pc and have your fun in there.  I just buy NHL for Eashl and playing with friends anymore.

3rd and 4th lines are a deal breaker for someone who doesn't want to play that low. If we can manage to overfill the 2 line section for every team, then we can talk about 3-4 lines. Why try and push something when we are down on members?

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Where? When?

This system is banned already, chill.

The ´new system´ or rumour about it =  doing some kind of PT in some other leagues is also claimable here?

I´m glad it is

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

2 players idea was garbage and it was the definition of a rushed out/desperate idea. We now know the consequences of it 

I actually enjoyed the player two project. Granted I just got rid of my player 2, but I would still have been on board. It just bothered some others more and I have no idea why. It's not like they were pressured into it. They were told they could create a second if they wanted to. It was a personal choice. TBH I wish it were still here. Then things would be more interesting.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

That is exactly the route you should go? Tell them how it really is and see who likes it. No need to sugar coat it with fancy slogans like: league has been up for 58 seasons or we have users from all over the world etc, short and purely facts.

I mean it's weird to ask the question to a man who didn't even join the VHL yet. As I said, it might go to survey.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

@hedgehog337, did I ever told you that I love you 

No, but thank you.

Just now, jRuutu said:

Wait, you are saying to try to get people here we should ask them what they want in a sim league and then change for them? I mean I get it in theory but at the same time if they are the minority we have basically thrown a dog a treat and then assumed all dogs like the same treats. I think you got backwards thinking in this. I've discussed things with you in the past but I'm afraid I think you actively look for devil's advocate on everything just to be heard. No offence, but this isn't the SHL and never has been; no point in trying to be that league.

Just now, Trifecta said:

I actually enjoyed the player two project. Granted I just got rid of my player 2, but I would still have been on board. It just bothered some others more and I have no idea why. It's not like they were pressured into it. They were told they could create a second if they wanted to. It was a personal choice. TBH I wish it were still here. Then things would be more interesting.

I think the idea was good for a small amount of people, but caused stress and exhaustion for most people 

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

I also enjoyed it and thus I have two players running right now

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

3rd and 4th lines are a deal breaker for someone who doesn't want to play that low. If we can manage to overfill the 2 line section for every team, then we can talk about 3-4 lines. Why try and push something when we are down on members?

What if the only way to get into 3rd and 4th line system is by dropping teams now and showing to the potential new people that the league is healthy? It does not look healthy with so many bots in the roster pages and only two lines in the sim reports.