Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. What trophy do you think is missing from the VHL Awards?
Best player graphic of the season

2. Which team will win World Cup gold?
I think it will be east Europe ;)

3. How would you design a Legion third jersey?
Like the graphic i made for Harry Callahan Black with blue lines at the elbow.

4. If you could change the overtime/shootout format, what would you do?
3 on 3 till someone scores.

5. What is your least favorite part of off-season training?
Cardio EW.

6. What book/movie have you read/watched recently that you would recommend to your teammates?
Dune 2 absolutely 

• 2 weeks later...

:tor: Toronto Legion Press Conference :tor:

(2 TPE for answering all six questions)

1. We are hanging near the top of the conference despite being in the lower half of goal scoring. What do we need to do to score more?

2. Walter Fitzroy Jr @Moon is tied for the league lead in assists. Do you think he'll have a shot at the Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)?

3. How would you rate your start to the season?

4. Rookie goalie Toddly Bobbly @ToddlyBobbly has stepped right in and is 1-1 in his first two VHL starts. What do you think of his performance so far?

5. Do you like the Team Awards? Is there an award you would like to see added/removed?

6. What NHL playoff match up would you most like to see?

Edited by animal74

1. We are hanging near the top of the conference despite being in the lower half of goal scoring. What do we need to do to score more?
Need Joel Castle to quarterback our pp other team will never expect it. 😂 

2. Walter Fitzroy Jr @Moon is tied for the league lead in assists. Do you think he'll have a shot at the Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)?
100%

It started out really good now not so much :(

4. Rookie goalie Toddly Bobbly @ToddlyBobbly has stepped right in and is 1-1 in his first two VHL starts. What do you think of his performance so far?
Very good i saw what he could do is Saskatoon a few seasons back so i know he will keep up with the good play! 

5. Do you like the Team Awards? Is there an award you would like to see added/removed?

yeah i do, I think we need the at least you tried award and it should be for most shots and lowest shooting% keep it fun! 

I think a Jets Wild series would be fun to watch as they are now starting build a bit of a rivalry.

1. We are hanging near the top of the conference despite being in the lower half of goal scoring. What do we need to do to score more? Lattimer got off to a slow start but the last game was his best game so far. I think I'm turning the corner and that should unlock more opportunities for our offense to hum.

2. Walter Fitzroy Jr @Moon is tied for the league lead in assists. Do you think he'll have a shot at the Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)? definitely. we've got more firepower to give him.

3. How would you rate your start to the season? Not good. I think I've sucked. It's been depressing not being in the box score or feeling like I'm contributing.

4. Rookie goalie Toddly Bobbly @ToddlyBobbly has stepped right in and is 1-1 in his first two VHL starts. What do you think of his performance so far? So far so good. Improving each week. That's what you want to see out of a rookie.

5. Do you like the Team Awards? Is there an award you would like to see added/removed? I didn't have time to vote on them this time around but I also personally don't see much utility in them.

6. What NHL playoff match up would you most like to see? Edmonton - Rangers?

Put the puck in the net! Duh!  Kidding of course.  As the team continues to gel they will start getting the bounces and I would expect to see the scoring pick up.

2. Walter Fitzroy Jr is tied for the league lead in assists. Do you think he'll have a shot at the Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)? For sure,  the offense has started slow so as the stats level out the offense should really get going.

While I am only a prospect currently for the team and hope to join them next season.  However,  in the E it has been good start to the season I hope to build on.  

4. Rookie goalie Toddly Bobbly has stepped right in and is 1-1 in his first two VHL starts. What do you think of his performance so far
Love to see it and as they keep updating they will only get better. Hope they will be the rock in the bet the team needs for many years.

I love the team awards and any of the awards.  It helps some focus on a single goal.  I believe it can help bring a team together.

6. What NHL playoff match up would you most like to see?

Tampa Bay vs Florida.  I want to continue to see this rivalry grow and see something besides the same old boring rivalries that have been going on for decades.

On 3/26/2024 at 5:45 PM, animal74 said:

2. Walter Fitzroy Jr @Moon is tied for the league lead in assists. Do you think he'll have a shot at the Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)?

4. Rookie goalie Toddly Bobbly @ToddlyBobbly has stepped right in and is 1-1 in his first two VHL starts. What do you think of his performance so far?

1. I think we need to win some more face-offs and keep the shots heavy.  with Atlas entering the top line now my focus is to pour points into FO.

2. Crazy breakout year! If not the Beketov he'll at least be a top candidate for the Funk / if not the runaway winner.

3. Had a very strong start but beginning to fizzle out a bit these last few sims.. hoping to get things going again soon.  I like where our team is at so far though.

4. Bobbly has been a stud so far in net, it's a good feeling knowing you have a solid backup that can steal you games.

5. Honestly the team awards are great for locker room activity but they don't really do much for me, I think team success is more important.

6. Oilers / Leafs in the final... Or my Canucks VS Rangers/Bruins and the Canucks take it this time.

• 2 weeks later...

1. With five 20-goal scorers already (Machado, Jaks, Atlas, Lattimer, Callahan), who do you think will be the first Legion to hit 50 in ten seasons?

2. Which team in the three leagues do you think needs a name change most?

3. If you could pick an expansion city for each VHL Conference (North American and European), what would be your choices?

4. What were your thoughts on the league's Unfortunate Announcement?

5. How you feel about your performance so far this season?

6. What is your favorite Easter candy?

7 minutes ago, animal74 said:

1. With five 20-goal scorers already (Machado, Jaks, Atlas, Lattimer, Callahan), who do you think will be the first Legion to hit 50 in ten seasons?

3. If you could pick an expansion city for each VHL Conference (North American and European), what would be your choices?

4. What were your thoughts on the league's Unfortunate Announcement?

1. I'll go with Machado. Currently leading in goals, and having a hell of a breakout season. Hopefully it's a close race between everybody all the way to 50!

2. I'll go with the Halifax 21st. I'm sure that there's significant meaning behind the choice, but it's pretty limiting in terms of creativity for what you can do with it from a scheme perspective.

3. My choice for North America would be Montreal, it's an awfully historic hockey city to not have representation in the VHL. For the Europe conference, I'll go with Madrid. Would be cool to bring hockey to Spain.

4. I didn't like it, mostly because I don't have much of a sense of humour when it comes to April Fool's Day. Didn't think that it was the kind of subject matter that should be joked about either. Yes, I'm boring.

5. I've been more of a playmaker this season, and I'm happy with how it has gone. We're having a great year in the standings, so it feels nice to help contribute to a winning club.

6. It's gotta be Reese's Eggies for me. I have to limit myself when I get them, they're bloody addictive.

I think Atlas will take it, Or Callahan 

Halifax way to simple need more flair i think. 

Montreal, Porto Portugal for sure 

4. What were your thoughts on the league's Unfortunate Announcement?
Was not a fan but is what it is. 

Surprising didn't expect to be in the top 10 in anything so far.

I'm not a big candy person but im a sucker for a Easter ham. 

1. With five 20-goal scorers already (Machado, Jaks, Atlas, Lattimer, Callahan), who do you think will be the first Legion to hit 50 in ten seasons? It probably won't be me, but I think I'll help my teammates get tot his. My money is on Machado.

2. Which team in the three leagues do you think needs a name change most? We have some generic names like 'Wild' etc. Anything generic, let's rip 'em out.

3. If you could pick an expansion city for each VHL Conference (North American and European), what would be your choices? NA: Raleigh. Europe: Vienna.

4. What were your thoughts on the league's Unfortunate Announcement? That shit was crazy. But there are a lot of bad actors online and also a lot of people who act out of desperation. Need more checks and balances across the board.

5. How you feel about your performance so far this season? I feel a lot better lately; slow start, but I and we (the team!) are coming out strong!

6. What is your favorite Easter candy? anything chocolate. high cholesterol. 

Toronto Legion Press Conference - Week Ending April 14

A new week, and new questions from the media to answer!

Here are your questions for this week:

1. How awesome has this season been so far?

2. With Mac Atlas on pace to become the all time leader in Games Played for the Legion next season, just how big should the party be when his jersey is retired?

3. Is Auston Matthews gonna hit 70 goals this season?

4. With Machado (74), Jaks (73), and Callahan (73) all over 70 points already, which one of the three will finish the season with the most points?

5. We have seen Atlas, Jaks, Lattimer, Bob, and Castle all commit to playing for the Legion until their respective retirement years. What does it mean to you that we have that much commitment from our players?

6. Did you do anything for the eclipse on Monday?

Solid! I see they got you doing pressers now👀

2. With Mac Atlas on pace to become the all time leader in Games Played for the Legion next season, just how big should the party be when his jersey is retired?

It's got to be big right!? We are almost at s100 breaking a record like that for a og team is big! 

God i hope not you leaf fans wont stop talking about it for years.. 

4. With Machado (74), Jaks (73), and Callahan (73) all over 70 points already, which one of the three will finish the season with the most points?

i think the safe answer would be Jaks or Callahan but i think atlas could be a dark horse 

5. We have seen Atlas, Jaks, Lattimer, Bob, and Castle all commit to playing for the Legion until their respective retirement years. What does it mean to you that we have that much commitment from our players?

It's nice to see but it does have me worried about my future here as im going to be in the 1000 tpe club next season. 

Nah i think i took a nap during it tbh 

On 4/11/2024 at 6:54 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1. As a team it has been great! Our offense has been firing on all cylinders. I just wish my stats were a bit better.

2. He'll tie Max Molholt at the end of next season and surpass him in his ninth season. The party should be humungous! 

3. Sure looks like it. One more to go.

4. Machado has been amazing all season. Going to go with him.

5. It means great stability for the franchise and the chance to be a contender for a while which is something the Legion haven't been for a while.

6. We only had about a 23% eclipse here. I went outside at the peak but didn't see any difference. Watched a couple videos of it live in Texas where it went completely dark which was crazy. My father-in-law went down there and said it was incredible.

On 4/11/2024 at 10:24 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1.  This has been one of the funnest seasons I've had and we are definitely having the best regular season team success!

2. No party please.  Games played isn't really a stat I'm chasing, however if I manage to somehow become the franchise leader in goals let the festivities begin...

3. Hoping he does it tonight unless Keefe pulls some weird shit and sits him lol

4. Seems like Machado has it in the bag, but im not counting out Jaks who is on a tear the second half of the season.

5. It means a lot for a franchise to be able to keep a core like this in tact for so long.  We have such a solid group and we are having a ton of success, maintaining that is a no brainer.

6. Drove out of town 3h to catch it in a cool spot but it was still cloudy for the most part where I live ;_;

1. We are currently hanging on to the top spot overall in the VHL but a few teams are close behind. Can we hold on and capture our first Victory Cup since S67?

2. We're on pace to have our best offensive season since S81 (279 GF). How many goals will we have by the end of the season?

3. Which do you think will happen first in the VHL: The next 70-goal scorer or 100-assist scorer?

4. If Toronto used a third color to accent the double blue jerseys, what color do you think would look good?

5. Diego Machado is on pace to become Toronto's first 50-goal scorer since Paul Atreides in S83. Will he make it and how many goals will he end up with?

6. Which NHL playoff matchup intrigues you the most? Which matchup could you care less about?

1. We are currently hanging on to the top spot overall in the VHL but a few teams are close behind. Can we hold on and capture our first Victory Cup since S67?  This spot is locked down, no one can compete with Toronto this season.  The team is too loaded to not clench it.  Its been a fantastic year and will see some amazing results this year.  Expect a lot of hardware!

2. We're on pace to have our best offensive season since S81 (279 GF). How many goals will we have by the end of the season? This is a stacked lineup that will blow teams away, we will easily finish over 300 goals, will we even have 400 Maybe! It might be possible!

3. Which do you think will happen first in the VHL: The next 70-goal scorer or 100-assist scorer? 100 assist most likely, coming from Toronto.  I won't allow that to happen against us so that's why will it be someone from Toronto.

4. If Toronto used a third color to accent the double blue jerseys, what color do you think would look good? I am a 90s kid and I light bright colors, how about we get weird and go with a neon or lime green.

5. Diego Machado is on pace to become Toronto's first 50-goal scorer since Paul Atreides in S83. Will he make it and how many goals will he end up with? He will easily get it, the question you should be asking yourself is how many hattricks will they end up with when they score over 60 goals?

6. Which NHL playoff matchup intrigues you the most? Which matchup could you care less about? I am excited about the battle of Florida, TB vs FLA.  May the Lightning reign supreme! BOS v TOR I could care less about, I am tired of hearing about the original 6.

On 4/20/2024 at 2:09 AM, animal74 said:

1. We are currently hanging on to the top spot overall in the VHL but a few teams are close behind. Can we hold on and capture our first Victory Cup since S67?

2. We're on pace to have our best offensive season since S81 (279 GF). How many goals will we have by the end of the season?

3. Which do you think will happen first in the VHL: The next 70-goal scorer or 100-assist scorer?

4. If Toronto used a third color to accent the double blue jerseys, what color do you think would look good?

5. Diego Machado is on pace to become Toronto's first 50-goal scorer since Paul Atreides in S83. Will he make it and how many goals will he end up with?

6. Which NHL playoff matchup intrigues you the most? Which matchup could you care less about?

1. I think we can do it, but the real objective is to end the season with a win and the Renaissance Cup.

2. It will be very tough to score more than 279 goals this season, but it would be really nice to reach 280 goals.

3. I believe we are going to have to wait a long time before seeing either of them, but we are going to wee a 100-assist scorer before.

4. White or black, I don't see any other color that would look good on the jersey.

5. He will have to have a really good end of the season, but I think he can end up with 50 goals flush.

6. Boston vs Toronto is going to be a really fun matchup and even if I will watch the game anyway I think that the Rangers will eat the Capitals alive.

I hope so - our squad seems to be jiving really well and we're rolling. If we just stay the way we are we should have no trouble at the Victory Cup.

I say we crush this and get in the 300s. Every game we have someone stepping up and dominating offensively. I believe this is the best offensive team in Legion history.

100 assists for sure. goal scoring is just so hard and there's a higher chance of getting an assist than a goal. 2nd assists can come pretty easy sometimes. With the right luck - 100 assists seems easy.

Why not black? I think it would work well with the Legion and help pull away from matching the Helsinki color scheme. B

Absolutely, he's rocking it and I'm going to guess 52.

Panthers/Lightning because they are going to kill eachother and it should be high tempo  hockey. Probably Islanders Canes for most boring. I have the Isles upsetting though.

1. We are currently hanging on to the top spot overall in the VHL but a few teams are close behind. Can we hold on and capture our first Victory Cup since S67? I sure as fuck hope so. Been more of a slog the 2nd half of the year but I feel like we'll get back to what we were doing and hoist the cup this year.

2. We're on pace to have our best offensive season since S81 (279 GF). How many goals will we have by the end of the season? No earthly idea, let's go with 282

3. Which do you think will happen first in the VHL: The next 70-goal scorer or 100-assist scorer? 100 assist scorer. 100 is a cooler number.

4. If Toronto used a third color to accent the double blue jerseys, what color do you think would look good? Yellow! LFG

5. Diego Machado is on pace to become Toronto's first 50-goal scorer since Paul Atreides in S83. Will he make it and how many goals will he end up with? He will, and he'll blow through it, getting to 55 goals and doing the damn thing.

6. Which NHL playoff matchup intrigues you the most? Which matchup could you care less about? Boston Toronto should be a good one. Don't much care for Florida and Tampa.

1. Does it concern you that we went 2-6 in our last eight games to not only lose the Victory Cup but also the Conference title?

2. Which North American team do you think will be our toughest test?

3. What defines a sports dynasty for you? If we win another Cup this season or next would you consider this Legion team a dynasty?

4. Who will score the Legion's first playoff goal?

5. What part of VHL history would you like to know more about?

6. Do you have a video game recommendation for your teammates?