Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

6 hours ago, animal74 said:

:tor: Toronto Legion Press Conference :tor:

(2 TPE for answering all six questions)

1. Vancouver and Davos will battle it out for the S89 Continental Cup! How many overtime games will there be in the Final?

2. Who will score the Cup-winning goal?

3. In your opinion, which championship trophy in any sport is the nicest-looking?

4. Summer is here! What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

5. What's the best food to throw on the BBQ?

6. Water sports: Water skiing, kneeboarding, wakeboarding or tubing?

1. Finals are typically tight, I predict 2 OT games with Vancouver taking both.  Their team developed real well throughout the season.

2. NICO PEARCE! End a great career on a high note.

3. Stanley cup will always be the best but I think the World Series trophy looks the nicest.

4. Chocolate chip cookie dough!

5. Chicken breast or steak, or a nicely spiced sausage.  

6. Went tubing today actually in Nova Scotia lol, had fun and the current and water level was pretty high but I coulda done with some more speed.  Have never been wakeboarding or water skiing but would love to try it.

• 2 weeks later...

1. What are your thoughts on the additions of Lavelle, Sogaard, and Yasilievich?

2. Based on this off-season what are your expectations for the Legion in S90?

3. Do your think any Legion players will win any VHL awards in S90?

4. What area do you hope to improve most in this off-season?

5. What is your favorite real-life hockey moment?

6. What country would you like to see produce more VHL players?

11 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. What are your thoughts on the additions of Lavelle, Sogaard, and Yasilievich?

1. You already know we're cupping. The team is stacked and it's time to win the league.

2. Cup or bust. I think we've got the team to do it!

3. I think there's a lot of players who can win awards, but I'm going to go with Sogaard. Dude is a beast and I can't wait to play with him.

4. Scoring. I re-rolled my build and I should be an absolute menace on the ice.

5. Sabres beating the Rangers in OT 2007 in the playoffs.

6. Hungary. I know Doom created a player from there and we need more!

Good additions, should at the very least make Toronto a playoff team!  

At the least a playoff team.

I think 1 will. 

Just to keep gaining tpe with hopes of making the legion next season. 

If its a personal moment would be Jr. A

Portugal.

On 8/13/2023 at 2:15 AM, animal74 said:

I think Lavelle, Sogaard, and Yasilievich bring solid skills to the team, and their addition should strengthen our roster.

After this off-season, I'm expecting the Legion to be even more competitive and aiming for a strong playoff run in S90.

Definitely, I believe some of our Legion players have the potential to shine and possibly grab a few VHL awards in S90.

In this off-season, I'm focusing on improving my defensive play and increasing my overall stamina.

My favorite real-life hockey moment is witnessing my favorite team, the Leafs, winning the Stanley Cup for the first time in my life. Oh wait, that hasn't happened yet. 

I'd love to see countries like Sweden and Finland produce more VHL players; their strong hockey cultures could contribute a lot to the league.

1. Great additions (I drafted all 3 in fantasy), nice to see a push for competitiveness this season!

2. Hopefully home ice advantage in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs!

3. I think that with the scoring influx, could definitely see multiple forwards in the mix for some of the offensive awards. Wouldn't be surprised to see Joel Castle in the race for goalie awards as well!

4. I focused my re-roll this off-season on becoming a more well-rounded player, one will a good balance between defense and scoring. I'm hoping those increases will make me a strong contributor at both ends of the ice.

5. Scoring an overtime winner in the playoffs to win a division title.

6. Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. Gotta get the smaller European countries pumping out some gems!

1. How do you think we did in this years draft?
2. Who do you think win the Prime Minister’s cup this season?

3. What are your goals for this season?

4. Who do you think will be our season MVP?
5. How do you think Toronto will do this season?
6. Are you excited for NHL pre season to come soon?

I believe we performed exceptionally well in this year's draft. Our scouting team worked tirelessly to identify top talents, and I'm confident that the new additions will bring depth and skill to our roster.

The Prime Minister's Cup is a highly competitive battle, and predicting the winner is always challenging. However, with our team's dedication and preparation, I believe we have a strong chance to contend for the cup this season. Go Legion!

My goals for this season are centered around team success. I aim to contribute effectively to our gameplay, support my teammates on and off the ice, and help drive us towards a successful playoff run. Most of all, I hope to win Rookie of the Year. 

It's difficult to single out one player for the MVP title, as our team is a collective force. However, I anticipate that the player who consistently demonstrates exceptional skill, leadership, and the ability to make a significant impact on crucial moments will likely emerge as the season MVP. My bet is on Mac Atlas. 

Toronto is a formidable opponent, and their performance will surely be noteworthy. We approach every game with respect for our competitors, and I expect Toronto to present us with exciting challenges throughout the season.

Absolutely, I'm eagerly looking forward to the NHL pre-season. It's a fantastic opportunity for players to fine-tune their skills, for teams to test strategies, and for fans to enjoy the return of high-quality hockey action. Go Leafs Go. 

Edited by LastOneUp

S90 Hype! Team Prediction Time!

1. Who will score the Legion's first goal of the S90 season?

2. Who will score the first hat trick?

3. Who will score the shoot out goal?

4. Who will score the short-handed goal?

5. How many games will it take for rookie Montgomery Burns to score his first VHL goal?

6. Who will get into the first fight of the season?

1. Who will score the Legion's first goal of the S90 season?

Me - I want to score it so bad.

2. Who will score the first hat trick?

Me - I love scoring, its my favorite.

3. Who will score the shoot out goal?

Me - I hope to be the first shooter and go top cheese.

4. Who will score the short-handed goal?

Definitely me - I love killing penalties and catching their D off the rush.

5. How many games will it take for rookie Montgomery Burns to score his first VHL goal?

1 - I'm gonna set up him for it too.

6. Who will get into the first fight of the season?

Me - I'm going to beat the shit out of someone first game.

I think they are great additions to the team and they will really help the Legion be a better team in S90.

Honestly, nothing less than finishing top 3 in the regular season and winning the Continental Cup in the playoffs.

I hope so and I believe they will. I also hope that Bobby Bob will win the Dustin Funk Trophy.

I will say everything, because last season I was bad defensively and offensively.

5. What is your favorite real-life hockey moment?.

I have two 1- the golden goal by Sidney Crosby in the final of the Olympics in 2010 2- the goal of Arthuri Lekhonen the 24th of june 2020 in the game six of the semi-final against the Vegas Golden Knights to send the Montreal Canadiens in the final of the Stanley Cup final.

I know I am not original, but Canada because I want Canada to win more goals.

Who will score the Legion's first goal of the S90 season?
Mac Atlas, given his impressive stats and leadership on the team.

Who will score the first hat trick?
Ronan Lavelle, due to his proven offensive prowess from the stats shared.

Who will score the shoot out goal?
Jimi Jaks, considering his consistent performance and the clutch nature of his play.

Who will score the short-handed goal?
Tomas Sogaard, as his stats suggest versatility and he might be deployed in penalty-kill situations.

How many games will it take for rookie Montgomery Burns to score his first VHL goal?
I will score in my first game!!!

Who will get into the first fight of the season?
Dens Oden, his physical play and higher penalty minutes hint at a player who's not afraid of rough play.

Edited by LastOneUp

1. Through the first 16 games we are in a tree-way tie for first in the VHL with 23 points. How does that make you feel?

2. Our PK has gotten better (5th) but our PP is still dismal (11th). What should we change on the PP?

3. Montgomery Burns currently sits 7th in rookie scoring with 8 points. How many points will he have after 32 games?

4. Who is your team MVP so far?

5. Who do you think our biggest rival has been so far this season?

6. IRL, kids are going back to school soon. If you could study anything for fun, what would it be?

On 8/31/2023 at 2:01 AM, animal74 said:

1. Through the first 16 games we are in a tree-way tie for first in the VHL with 23 points. How does that make you feel?

2. Our PK has gotten better (5th) but our PP is still dismal (11th). What should we change on the PP?

3. Montgomery Burns currently sits 7th in rookie scoring with 8 points. How many points will he have after 32 games?

4. Who is your team MVP so far?

5. Who do you think our biggest rival has been so far this season?

6. IRL, kids are going back to school soon. If you could study anything for fun, what would it be?

Ah, being tied for first is quite delightful, although I must say, I expect nothing less. In fact, I expect us to pull ahead, for second place is just the first loser, you see.

Our Penalty Kill is finally showing some life, which I attribute to my inspiring leadership, naturally. As for our rather miserable Power Play, well, we might consider adding more experienced forwards who know how to find the back of the net. Time to shake things up, I say.

Ah, young Montgomery Burns has shown some promise, hasn't he? If he continues at his current pace, doubling his point total seems reasonable. Sixteen points after 32 games would be a conservative estimate, though I expect him to excel beyond such meager expectations. Let's hope I can go on a streak here and take rookie of the year. I just need more offensive opportunities and to play with our elite players. 

The team MVP so far? That's like choosing between stocks and bonds—both have their merits. But if I must pick, I'd say Mac Atlas has proven himself quite valuable, leading in both goals and assists. His overall contribution cannot be ignored.

Our biggest rival this season? A tough question indeed. It seems that the Los Angeles Stars have been quite the thorn in our side. Every time we meet on the ice, it's as if we're participating in a Shakespearean tragedy—but rest assured, we will have the last laugh. They are slightly ahead of us right now but not for long. 

Returning to school, you say? I might consider a course in Game Theory. Learning the mathematics behind optimal strategy could only serve me well—in business, in hockey, and in crushing my enemies.

That should suffice. If there are any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Excellence expects inquiry, after all.

Edited by LastOneUp

1. Over half the team is scoring at a point-per-game pace or better. How many 100-point scorers will we have at the end of the season?

2. Mac Atlas has scored the team's only two short-handed goals this season. Who will be the next player not named Atlas to score a shorty?

3. We are 1-5 in the shootout (no OT wins or losses). How do we fix our shootout record?

4. Which player in the league has surprised you (good or bad) the most so far?

5. Are you a Swiftie? If yes, what is your favorite song? If no, who would you rather listen to than Taylor Swift?

6. Pumpkin Spice - Yay or nay?

On 9/7/2023 at 1:07 PM, animal74 said:

1. Over half the team is scoring at a point-per-game pace or better. How many 100-point scorers will we have at the end of the season?

2. Mac Atlas has scored the team's only two short-handed goals this season. Who will be the next player not named Atlas to score a shorty?

3. We are 1-5 in the shootout (no OT wins or losses). How do we fix our shootout record?

4. Which player in the league has surprised you (good or bad) the most so far?

5. Are you a Swiftie? If yes, what is your favorite song? If no, who would you rather listen to than Taylor Swift?

6. Pumpkin Spice - Yay or nay?

Given our current form, I'd say we could have 3 or 4 players breaking the 100-point mark this season. We're that good.

Ronan Lavelle is my pick for the next short-handed goal. He's got the touch and the drive.

Our shootout performance needs some attention. More specific practice, focusing on individual goalie's weak spots could help.

Among our team, Siyan Yasilievich has been a pleasant surprise. His two-way play has been remarkable.

Yes. Currently in to Maroon. 

Pumpkin Spice? Nay. I like my beverages as straightforward as my game plan.

1. We are back to 2nd place in the VHL! What has been Toronto's greatest strength this season?

2. What type of shot is your player known most for (wrist, snap, slap, backhand, deflection)?

3. Which team do you think would be the best first-round playoff matchup for us?

4. What is the best movie or TV show you've seen in the last while?

5. You get to pick three artists/bands to create your ultimate concert. Who are they?

6. Today is National Peanut Day. What's your favorite thing with peanuts in it (provided you're not allergic)?

On 9/13/2023 at 3:38 PM, animal74 said:

1. We are back to 2nd place in the VHL! What has been Toronto's greatest strength this season?

2. What type of shot is your player known most for (wrist, snap, slap, backhand, deflection)?

3. Which team do you think would be the best first-round playoff matchup for us?

5. You get to pick three artists/bands to create your ultimate concert. Who are they?

6. Today is National Peanut Day. What's your favorite thing with peanuts in it (provided you're not allergic)?

It's been a team effort, but our defense has been the rock, consistently stepping up when needed.

I'm best known for my slap shot. Pure power. Although, I am working on my WS more lately. Quick release and deadly accurate.

Ideally? The Chicago Phoenix. That's my personal preference. 

I recently watched "The Last Dance" on Netflix. Incredible insight into the world of competitive sports.

Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, and Queen. That'd be a show to remember!

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hands down. Classic and always hits the spot.

On 9/13/2023 at 3:38 PM, animal74 said:

4. I am currently watching the 4th season of sex education and just like the first three seasons, it is really good.

5. I know it is a really weird mix, but I will go with Juice Wrld, Martin Garrix and a Quebec band, Les Cowboys Fringuants.

6. There is only one good answer and it is strawberry jam, but I can accept nutella.

:tor: Toronto Legion Home Stretch Press Conference :tor:

1. Will the Toronto Legion win their first Victory Cup since S67?

2. Who will finish as the top team in the European Conference - Prague or Davos?

3. How many games will we win out of our final six?

4. Who will end up second on the Legion in scoring behind Ronan Lavelle?

5. Will Montgomery Burns finish in the Top-10 of rookie scorers?

6. Will Joel Castle get another shutout this season?

On 9/25/2023 at 6:15 PM, animal74 said:

:tor: Toronto Legion Home Stretch Press Conference :tor:

1. Will the Toronto Legion win their first Victory Cup since S67?

2. Who will finish as the top team in the European Conference - Prague or Davos?

3. How many games will we win out of our final six?

4. Who will end up second on the Legion in scoring behind Ronan Lavelle?

5. Will Montgomery Burns finish in the Top-10 of rookie scorers?

6. Will Joel Castle get another shutout this season?

Absolutely, we're working hard to bring the Victory Cup back to Toronto this season.

It’s tight, but I’d say Prague has the edge right now.

We're aiming to win all six, but it’s crucial to stay focused on one game at a time.

Mac Atlas is having a great season, I believe he’ll secure that second spot.

Montgomery Burns is putting up strong numbers; there’s a good chance he’ll finish in the Top-10 among rookies. If I could figure out how to view rookie only stats, I would provide more insight! 

Joel has been stellar between the pipes; another shutout is definitely within reach.

Edited by LastOneUp

• 2 weeks later...

1. Biggest question of the season: Will will come back and win the series against Vancouver?

2. What team has surprised you the most these playoffs?

3. Knowing what you know now, which two teams make it to the Final?

4. How do we stop the Wolves' Oreo McFleury?

5. Only Lavelle and Sogaard have scored more than two goals in the series. Who needs to catch fire for Toronto to make it to the next round?

6. What lucky charm is GM Moon hoping in right now?

On 10/6/2023 at 2:23 PM, animal74 said:

1. Biggest question of the season: Will will come back and win the series against Vancouver? YESSIR!!!! TORONTO ON TOP BABY!

2. What team has surprised you the most these playoffs? I would have to say LA I was not expecting a run out of them tbh.

3. Knowing what you know now, which two teams make it to the Final? Toronto and Prague I am guessing

4. How do we stop the Wolves' Oreo McFleury? Be better!!!!

5. Only Lavelle and Sogaard have scored more than two goals in the series. Who needs to catch fire for Toronto to make it to the next round? Getting in the right mindset and I think we will start lighting the lamp

6. What lucky charm is GM Moon hoping in right now? Any!!! He just wants the team to win!

1. What has been your favorite memory of this playoff run so far?

2. What has been your favorite moment from the regular season?

3. Who do you think has been Toronto's MVP of the playoffs so far?

4. What is your favorite thing about autumn?

5. What change would you like to see the league make regarding standardizing rosters?

6. Which member of the Prague Phantoms has impressed you the most this postseason?

20 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. What has been your favorite memory of this playoff run so far?

2. What has been your favorite moment from the regular season?

3. Who do you think has been Toronto's MVP of the playoffs so far?

4. What is your favorite thing about autumn?

5. What change would you like to see the league make regarding standardizing rosters?

6. Which member of the Prague Phantoms has impressed you the most this postseason?

"My favorite memory has to be Jimi Jaks scoring in Game 4 of the playoffs, the arena was electric!"

"Winning that overtime thriller against the New York Americans in the regular season - the energy was unreal."

"Siyan Yasilievich, without a doubt. His playmaking ability and 14 assists in the playoffs have been crucial for us."

"I love the crisp air and the beautiful fall colors, especially when we're on the road in different cities."

"It would be great if the league could implement a salary cap system to ensure all teams have equal opportunities and roster balance."

"John Jameson from the Prague Phantoms caught my eye this postseason, both his scoring and overall play were impressive!"

On 10/11/2023 at 10:28 AM, animal74 said:

1. What has been your favorite memory of this playoff run so far? Honestly the whole run has been memorable in my opinion, couldn't have asked for a better group of people to make a run with.

2. What has been your favorite moment from the regular season? I think placing 1st in the NA was definitely near the top on my list.

3. Who do you think has been Toronto's MVP of the playoffs so far?  Ronan Lavelle and Siyan Yasilievich are neck and neck for that spot!

4. What is your favorite thing about autumn? Trout fishing season!!! The lakes are finally getting stocked with trout so ill be able to go out and catch some fish.

5. What change would you like to see the league make regarding standardizing rosters? Im not sure at the moment I would have to think about it.

6. Which member of the Prague Phantoms has impressed you the most this postseason? John Jameson and Matt Murdock have been playing very well and really contributing to Prague's success.