New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of August 21, 2022

1). The Lottery Tournament just came out and New York has a 10.0% chance at the first overall pick.  Do you think we have a good chance at winning the tournament?

2). Seattle made it to the finals in a pretty convincing 5-game series against DC.  What's their secret?

3). What is your player's favorite thing to do during the off-season?

4). Who do you think is the best troll in the VHL?  The worst?

5). Yourself not included, what VHL player has the best name?

6). Have you ever suggested something to the BOG or commissioners and had it REJECTED?  If so, what was it??

2 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

1). The Lottery Tournament just came out and New York has a 10.0% chance at the first overall pick.  Do you think we have a good chance at winning the tournament?

2). Seattle made it to the finals in a pretty convincing 5-game series against DC.  What's their secret?

6). Have you ever suggested something to the BOG or commissioners and had it REJECTED?  If so, what was it??

1. 10% chance is possible but not a great chance. I think we need to plan on losing and be surprised if it happens.

2. Score more goals. Be better defensively. The team is really solid and built very well around the new anti-meta builds.

3. Chiang loves making it home and eating some of his mother's famous xiao long bao. He also loves making it back home because no matter how bad the season may be, there is no place like home when you spend your entire season across the world.

4. I refuse to entertain trolls. However the worst troll I will entertain. @Hogan

5. Huge fan of XxMouthCreamxX https://vhlportal.com/players/playerfocus/2895

6. Yes I have. Negotiations were made an I am happy that we were able to get something worked out. VHLM Illustrated writers now officially have more writers than any AGM in the league.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:38 PM, frescoelmo said:

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

1. I do think we have a good chance of winning the tournament, but I don't think we own our first round pick lol. We definitely got better after the trade deadline for this upcoming season , so it will be fun!

2. The secret is that Bana pays off the simmers, I know this because I was a member of Seattle

3. Sven likes to spend as much time as he can playing spikeball on the beach in the offseason. He's planning on playing in a few international tournaments in Ibiza and the Amalfi coast this summer in the European Spike Ball Tour.

4. I think the best troll is probably Rory, which also makes Rory the worst troll, because those are the same thing. 

5. I do think Sven Eightnine is the best name, but I have a soft spot for Gustav's player Jerry Garcia

6. I mean, I did write a double media spot about how the VHLE and VHL should be the same league with relegations and it was pretty controversial and I took a lot of comments very personally :)

NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE 

Spoiler, I believe its done and we did as good as possible lol

Bana, Bana is their secret lol

Spend quality time with the family where its uninterrupted unlike during the season when we're constantly away from home. 

I'll likely get reported if I say so, not going into it. 

Probably Zaza Colors if we're talking current. 

Nope not that i am aware of, I just try to fly under the radar, do my shit, do my job and that's it haha. 

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS OFFSEASON PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of August 28, 2022

1). When was the last time you got a haircut?

2). What was your favorite video game when you were in 4th grade?

3). Does the tortoise beat the hare if the race is downhill?

4). What planet in our solar system best represents your mood today?

5). What is one unique talent you have and show your friends on occasion?

6). Is your player participating in any off-season tournaments?

12 hours ago, frescoelmo said:

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS OFFSEASON PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

1. A month ago.  Need to get one again but been so busy.  Gonna get a fresh cut before I go to Halifax in sept.

2. Probably Pokemon Blue on Gameboy or Yoshi's Story for N64

3. Yeah he tucks into his shell and rolls down at max speed. The hare stumbles and trips up in its own feet.

4. Saturn, it's the reigning planet of Capricorn which is my astrological sign.

5. Idk my unique talent is kinda my job so I guess I don't really have to show them it.

6. WC baby! Go Team World.

22 hours ago, frescoelmo said:

1. Damn I'm like a homeless man according to my family. 3 months ago as I grow it out. Close to desired length though so I am likely getting one soon.

2. Showing my youth here. Probably would of been LBP or Black Ops for zombies. Not entirely sure really.

3. As Magic! said in their hit song "Rude", "The answer is no."

4. Not entirely sure... Fairly tired since I had to wake earlier than I normally would. Neptune seems like a tired planet to me?

5. I mean I live with a bunch of my friends and we get together and eat meals together occasionally. They can't cook and I can do maybe cooking? Can't think of anything else.

6. Yes my roasting of @Spartanearned me a spot on World as we take down everyone in the WC.

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS OFFSEASON PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of September 4, 2022

1). So a lot has happened in the last week.  What was one thing you did outside in this great summer weather?

2). How could the league pass on Daniel Weaver @ThePerfectNut and let us scoop him up at 4th overall?

3). Are you excited about the new general manager the team acquired in @thadthrasher?

4). What free agent signing (unrelated to New York) surprised you?

5). Who do you think has the inside track at first overall in Season 86 draft?

6). Have you told @scoop how much you like Taylor Mourning?

16 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS OFFSEASON PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of September 4, 2022

1). So a lot has happened in the last week.  What was one thing you did outside in this great summer weather?

2). How could the league pass on Daniel Weaver @ThePerfectNut and let us scoop him up at 4th overall?

3). Are you excited about the new general manager the team acquired in @thadthrasher?

1. Relaxed. It was amazing 

2.I really don’t know to be honest I’m definitely not complaining though

3. New management same goal. So yeah I guess I’m excited 

4. If I’m being honest I haven’t had to time to keep up with all the signings 

5. Oh I don’t pay attention to the drafts 

6. I have not.

I ran to Chipotle to get a burrito. Several times.

I guess maybe concerns about his current build, and his previous players never really did all that great despite decent TPE totals, so maybe GMs are concerned that he doesn't know how to build a successful player.

To be honest, I don't really know him much at all. I do know that he played several seasons with New York with his previous player and he had a preference for GMing New York of the available teams, so I'm hopeful that he will be determined to get the franchise back on track.

I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to see that Riga was not going to be competitive again this season, so Anze Miklavz not re-signing with the Reign to finish out his career there was a bit of a surprise at the time. Though looking back now, it's not a shock, and Vancouver would probably be the team I would have guessed he'd go to if I had realized Riga was out of it.

Easy answer, The Frenchman. @OrbitingDeath is one of the most successful members in VHL history when he is trying, so it's essentially his spot to lose, unless the team picking first has some good reason to look elsewhere.

No, because Taylor Mourning has been a disappointment outside of two seasons.

1). So a lot has happened in the last week.  What was one thing you did outside in this great summer weather?

I spent a lot of time standing outside staring at the sky.

2). How could the league pass on Daniel Weaver @ThePerfectNut and let us scoop him up at 4th overall?

The IQ level of some VHL teams is beyond ridiculous. That's a fact.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't even know Thad was active here anymore. I guess not paying attention to the minors will do that.

The defection of star Nico Pearce to Vancouver. The Helsinki Titans are well and truly f*cked.

I have no idea of who is even in the draft, so whoever has the most TPE I guess.

6). Have you told @scoop how much you like Taylor Mourning?

No, because he already knows how I feel.

I was outside enough when traveling, I've been a couch potato when not at work the past week or so lol.

Guess they just are all blue and if they nut they would die?

Sure. He's a good dude, but he better not bring any of that propane to team cookouts #TeamCharcoal

Freddie Freeman actually leaving the Braves was pretty surprising, felt like AA fumbled the bag on that one, but I think they're actually doing alright with their pivot.

Kinda hard to vote against Green. Dude is basically the Simon whisperer at this point, if he doesn't go 1OA, that GM is probably fired before 2OA is selected.

Hopefully they can bring some of that S82 magic and carry New York to new heights!

NEW YORK AMERICANS OFFSEASON PRESS CONFERENCE 

Probably a month or so ago? 

Rampage or probably Mario Party

Probably because it can just hide in it's shell and roll down the hill, won't hurt itself and can just SPEEDDDD. 

Mars because of no particular reason at all. 

I can kinda sing but not really sing, but whenever we have small get togethers I'll bust out the acoustic and jam with them. 

I think the world cup? 

I visisted a the states

2). How could the league pass on Daniel Weaver and let us scoop him up at 4th overall?

Probably because he isn't a dog following the rest of the pack when it comes to builds in this. That only works for the top dogs in this.

3). Are you excited about the new general manager the team acquired in thad?

Hopefully NY curse can be broken in 3 seasons.

Nice Pearce to the Wolves. Making superteams doesn't really work in this so he set himself for failure already.

I can't see how the frenchmen won't be first when we know who's contorlling that player.

6). Have you told scoop how much you like Taylor Mourning?

If he scores 40 goals

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS KIND OF START OF THE SEASON PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of September 11, 2022

1). How much do you HATE the VHFL format?

2). On a scale of 1-12 (12 being the most, 1 being the least), what would you rate the month of April?

3). Who do you think is an under the radar player on New York that no one is talking about as a prediction award recipient?

4). What ring tone do you use on your personal cell phone?

5). Who do you think will be last in the blood bath that is the North American conference?

6). Pringles?

1 minute ago, frescoelmo said:

2). On a scale of 1-12 (12 being the most, 1 being the least), what would you rate the month of April?

3). Who do you think is an under the radar player on New York that no one is talking about as a prediction award recipient?

5). Who do you think will be last in the blood bath that is the North American conference?

6). Pringles?

1. I don't know what you're talking about but seeing as you would make that a question, I FUCKING HATE IT!! BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!!!
2. 4, too rainy and it has school in it.
3.  Hockley Mann, he should've won MVP in Miami and Bratislava.
4. I just use the default one, people will judge you on what you pick.
5. The last place team in the (New York) North American conference would be the team in last place...?
6. Mrs Vickies > Pringles.

I don't like it. Personally what I think I would like to see is no groups, salary cap league in which you can make weekly roster changes. I do think one issue with this is that it becomes obvious which players are performing the best and thus rosters will eventually become very similar among the people who are actively managing their roster. Still, this rewards people for being active in the fantasy as opposed to just rewarding people for being good at predicting.

I'd give it a 4. It's slightly more than March, but a little be less than May.

I didn't look over all the predictions so I'll just list three and you can take whichever is being the least talked about as my answer. Sven Eightnine as a repeat winner of the Jake Wylde Trophy; Poopy Peepants leading the league in assists; Weenuk Warrior winning most improved.

I just have my phone on vibrate or silent all the time.

The easy choice I think is Los Angeles. They have a very solid core of young players, especially on the back end, but really I see just one above-average player on their roster and I don't think that's enough.

6). Pringles?

Yes

1. Only thing that bugs me when i do it is usually when its my turn it falls on when im working or sleeping so i sometimes miss the window lol

2. 6.5, i like rainy weather when it happens

3. ill be honest i dont really know anyone else one roster, kinda skipped paying attention last few seasons.

4. vibrate or mute

5. again i havent been paying too much attention to standings or games so im honestly not too sure.

6. pringles are good

Well every group manager were given the first overall pick from the manager mistake AND they get a free extra TPE from that. Kinda bullshit to be quite honest. Might be the season where most of managers are either top 1-2 at the very least.

6, not the most exciting month to be honest.

Augustin as a top goalie.

Chris Brown music tone from freaky friday,

I'm hoping Vancouver, but maybe Toronto.

6). Pringles?

Before yes, now it's overrated

I wouldn't say I hate it but I don't participate in VHFL for a variety of reasons but one of them being I would probably get DQ every time.

I will give April like a solid 10.  It's generally not cold and snowy but it's also not crazy hot.

Not sure, but maybe Kennedy as the best person between the pipes.

I probably have whatever the default is on my Pixel.  I just leave my phone on vibrate at all times.

I think LA will bring up the rear.  Nothing against them, they have a bright future ahead of them but are still young and fairly inexperienced.

6). Pringles?

I like pringles but never buy them.  feel like there are always so many broken ones in their can.

I don’t hate it as much as most people. It has its flaws, but overall it’s fine by me.

In general, I’d say April is a 5. Saskatchewan winters KIND OF begin to end in April, but ultimately it’s just a Spring cock tease.

Henri le Massif has been fairly underrated or overshadowed his whole career, I could see him popping off for a Boulet or something.

idk. I just checked and it’s called Silk? It’s a gentle yet urgent harp riff.

Toronto hasn’t been looking so shit hot so far, but LA probably SHOULD finish last? We might as well 😅

6). Pringles?

Absolutely, though I do end up buying Sweet Chili Heat Doritos or some kind of kettle cooked chips more often.

Don't love it, don't hate it, I'm in-between. 

It's boring for me, a lot of my family has like life events and just events in general more in the Summer so, April is mid. 

I have no idea tbh simply because I don't know who people predicted from our team xD 

Basic apple ringtone because I don't care for fancy ones lol 

Waaay too early to tell, but we need to pickup the slack fosho.  

6). Pringles?
Pizza flavour? goated. 

Hate is a strong word. Here are some better ones: abhor, despise, detest, loathe. TBH, I actually don't care about VHFL all that much, it could be improved, but it's 5TPE max at the end of the day. Meh.

Most what? I'll give it an 11/12 as being a 30-day month, so not a full month.

I'd say Poopy Peepants is probably one of the better defenders in the league who is surprisingly not getting a ton of love? IDK, though, I only copied one person's predictions, so maybe they just don't like @JardyB10?

Who the fuck takes their phone off silent in the year two thousand and twenty two of the Lord Jesus Christ? Fucking animals, that's who.

Looks like Toronto ain't starting off too hot. I'll go with them.

6). Pringles?

Only if you make a duck face every single time you eat them. Also, idk if it's still a flavour, but they used to have a pizza flavour that slapped.