Mini power rankings

Tyler

The season is about to begin and now that these are two TPE as opposed to one I figured it would make a bit of sense to actually do them! The Reign enter as favorites but with every year younger teams are closing the gap.

1. Riga Reign: The returning champs don't see them dropping this season. At least one more year at the top.

2. Toronto Legion: Made power moves for a chance at a cup. Very good team.

3. New York Americans: if they don't make the finals this year I expect them to be in every finals for a whole.

4. Seattle Bears: May be a little on a downturn this year but with a good team in it's prime anything can happen.

5. Calgary Wranglers: If they resign their RFA Jonsson I think they can push for a wild card spot.

6. HC Davos Dynamo: A young team on the upswing finally. Having the runaway top three S59 players is a bit of luck.

7. Helsinki Titans: I expect them to add a few free agents and get some momentum built up.

8. Quebec Meute: The worst team for now. Their GM has been active trying to make deals and should be in good hands long term.

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

8. Quebec Meute: The worst team for now. Their GM has been active trying to make deals and should be in good hands long term.

Next year I can’t wait to see what it says ;) 

10 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

It'll say: 8th: Not sure what the GM is doing. The team is destined for failure.

Lol jk

I dunno VHLM cup winner here..... kinnnddaaaaa big deal around here

6 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah Riga isn't first, they only won 2 cups in a row. #Biased

I meant this season I don't believe theyll

finish first. This ranking is on the last 2 seasons so those cups mean fuck all, lol.

Just like GMoTY is season only - usually power rankings are seasonal, not the last 2 + the current.

So no need for y'all to mock. I just don't see it happening this season finally. How is that biased when i didn't even mention seattle dethroning Riga? 

What I'm seeing at this moment:

Riga vs Seattle finals again

If NY will find another good forward, they'll be tough to beat

I don't believe in Toronto. When was the last time a 7-man team won the cup? Moving Sokolov to forward is a smart move, but the lack of depth may hurt them.

The fifth team won't do much unless Bushito brings Johnsson and both Boubabi players to his team to spoil other team chances

51 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

What I'm seeing at this moment:

Riga vs Seattle finals again

If NY will find another good forward, they'll be tough to beat

I don't believe in Toronto. When was the last time a 7-man team won the cup? Moving Sokolov to forward is a smart move, but the lack of depth may hurt them.

The fifth team won't do much unless Bushito brings Johnsson and both Boubabi players to his team to spoil other team chances

Yeah. I wasn't discrediting Riga. Still an amazing team. I just think the race is gonna be another good one and am holding faithful, haha.

NYA is a really solid squad too - Seattle may be a little more rounded out - Toronto added 2 good pieces and their defense is crazy and yeah. 

• Commissioner
46 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

It's still a rarity. Also, Locke had 447 TPE by that time which was the lowest TPE number in that team. And Skye > Ironside imo.

Not denying that. I’m not saying the teams are the same. You just asked when it happened and it happened 3 seasons ago haha. It’s definitely not impossible.

But thank you for thinking moving Sokolov was a good idea. I figured @jRuutu and @Kesler can hold their own on the blue line, they don’t need me holding them back. Seemed better to get some extra fire-power up front. Especially with a free re-roll being available.

5 hours ago, Banackock said:

I meant this season I don't believe theyll

finish first. This ranking is on the last 2 seasons so those cups mean fuck all, lol.

Just like GMoTY is season only - usually power rankings are seasonal, not the last 2 + the current.

So no need for y'all to mock. I just don't see it happening this season finally. How is that biased when i didn't even mention seattle dethroning Riga? 

Naw just the whole Seattle bias in the voting recently. Seems strange

10 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

They're not even that good. Both cups were extremely lucky. They don't have the VHLs top goalie either. :ph34r:

You mean the goalie who has two cups, a Shaw, a Kanou....? The one chosen after Ironside?

6 hours ago, Banackock said:

Yeah. I wasn't discrediting Riga. Still an amazing team. I just think the race is gonna be another good one and am holding faithful, haha.

NYA is a really solid squad too - Seattle may be a little more rounded out - Toronto added 2 good pieces and their defense is crazy and yeah. 

Seems a little biased towards the NA conference with this remark.

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

Seems a little biased towards the NA conference with this remark.

In general, Seattle is more rounded out than last year. Then whatever I said about other teams and then I mentioned Riga. That's about all there is to mention is those teams and Riga.