S59 Regular Season Index

Will

and if you want to push the analysis further, the odd results are helsinki being 5-1 vs the bears. We pretty much won games we should win (davos, qc, cgy,) and got beaten by team we should (ny, toronto, maybe riga)

Even vs riga, we have a decent 4-1 record vs them

However, the bears have been underperforming vs helsinki (see above) AND cgy where they lost 5 times against.  Its also arguable that they shouldn't be split vs riga, but again, riga's been underperforming as well

Speaking of riga, they had a pretty rough schedule, playing toronto and ny already 15 times, but they couldnt steal some wins there. They were good vs team they should win against as well (qc, davos and cgy), but they really really struggles vs top tier team ny and cie

so if you want to do an analysis on who's performing well or not, please add some meat to the bone, because just a ''HELSINKI SUCKS ASS'' isn't really enough to convince me 

12 minutes ago, boubabi said:

and if you want to push the analysis further, the odd results are helsinki being 5-1 vs the bears. We pretty much won games we should win (davos, qc, cgy,) and got beaten by team we should (ny, toronto, maybe riga)

Even vs riga, we have a decent 4-1 record vs them

However, the bears have been underperforming vs helsinki (see above) AND cgy where they lost 5 times against.  Its also arguable that they shouldn't be split vs riga, but again, riga's been underperforming as well

Speaking of riga, they had a pretty rough schedule, playing toronto and ny already 15 times, but they couldnt steal some wins there. They were good vs team they should win against as well (qc, davos and cgy), but they really really struggles vs top tier team ny and cie

so if you want to do an analysis on who's performing well or not, please add some meat to the bone, because just a ''HELSINKI SUCKS ASS'' isn't really enough to convince me 

Well, adding in the fact you have 3-4 good players and the rest being VHLM didn't seem to matter either. Roster wise, SEA, NYA, RIG and TOR are easily better. I'd have to look at DAV and CGY to see if they are too. I know both teams have some good pieces. 

Davos and CGY aren't there yet. And that's the thing, you undervalue Cornerstone's performance to the team success, that's why he should be a mile ahead for the mvp voting. With the current roster, being the 2nd best offense is non sense. Non sense yes, but the numbers are there and we can't change that. Failing to recognize that contribution to the team success is outrageous 

Edited by boubabi

37 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Davos and CGY aren't there yet. And that's the thing, you undervalue Cornerstone's performance to the team success, that's why he should be a mile ahead for the mvp voting. With the current roster, being the 2nd best offense is non sense. Non sense yes, but the numbers are there and we can't change that. Failing to recognize that contribution to the team success is outrageous 

Nah. I realize Cornerstone is the reason why they are where they are. Without him, they'd be fighting Davos. 

I think Ive said a couple times Cornerstone is a top guy for MVP and is the only reason really HSK is flying (also, hence the  2-3 good players, and overrated, semi-active goalie and VHLM players). Thus, yeah. Cornerstone is huge this season.

Dont plop words in my mouth. I don't need convincing on Cornerstone or why HSK is doing good. :P

Depends. If you have a good roster, could be luck - could be the roster. If you have a shit team that is carried by 1 player - tough to say it's your roster and skill winning games. Makes me think luck. 

Get Boubabi to fire me a message for some trading in the off-season. thnx

16 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Depends. If you have a good roster, could be luck - could be the roster. If you have a shit team that is carried by 1 player - tough to say it's your roster and skill winning games. Makes me think luck. 

Get Boubabi to fire me a message for some trading in the off-season. thnx

ok i go update the finances 3 weeks into season too, brb in 5 minute because that's all it would take

3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

ok i go update the finances 3 weeks into season too, brb in 5 minute because that's all it would take

I'm not the financier no more. Funny how you have to bring something unrelated into the conversation for the sake of giving yourself an edge maybe? Good try. 

Youre still the GM, right? But never post anywhere - Boubabi does all the talks, signings and deals with the GM thread section.. hmm.. why does Boub rip on Devise when you're not a whole lot different? You can't run your team, he can't run the league. 

Lets not mention all the people who complain about consistency in the VHLM for simming and that's a big reason the VHLM blows. Hmm.. 

Now I don't wanna slam you. You've done tons for the league but if you're gonna call something out, hey - me too. 

Guess you could say it was a little similar :) 

8 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Maybe follow suit and step down from a job you can't consistently perform at? 

8 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Comparing the vhlm simmer with a guy that logs twice a week

?

Neither can competently, at this moment, fulfil their roles (commish/GM). So, similar. 

You were a great GM with Stockholm. Could be for HSK if you lay off the anger. 

7 hours ago, boubabi said:

Attack you? Why are you being rattle that much? I'm saying that you are always the type of dude that I need to convinced because you dont see shits by yourself. Thats been the case every season everyseason while I was the BoG. And if you thought NY wouldnt be better than SEA and RIG, you thought that Helsinki would ? That makes 0 sense. Riga and Seattle are underperforming while Helsinki is overperforming. If you can't acknowldge that, I really don't know what can.

And stop being offended by everything I fucking say, grow some balls and be able to be in an argument without playing the "why are you mean" card. I've attacked no one. If you can't take a critic, thats none of my business.

To make it short, I think you come to early conclusions that most of the time needs refinement and nuance 

Hahaha, I'm not offended, man. I also didn't think Helsinki would do great either, so you're putting that in my mouth too.

I don't know what you're talking about needing to convince me every season, but okay. I haven't always gone with whatever you voted on either, so there's that. You don't need to convince me of anything.

I've taken criticism, and I can take your criticism too. You're just basing arguments on bullshit a lot of the time, so stop trying to belittle me.

7 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Hahaha, I'm not offended, man. I also didn't think Helsinki would do great either, so you're putting that in my mouth too.

I don't know what you're talking about needing to convince me every season, but okay. I haven't always gone with whatever you voted on either, so there's that. You don't need to convince me of anything.

I've taken criticism, and I can take your criticism too. You're just basing arguments on bullshit a lot of the time, so stop trying to belittle me.

Forsberg for MVP