Fabio Jokinen Retires

jRuutu

It´s happening anyways, but I thought I create a thread and share some comments on the whole retiring thing. Lets start from looking at the career I had with Fabio.

Was more than I hoped, managed to play on high level basically from start to end, big part of that goes to great teammates and GMs who made it possible. Most memorable moment has to be winning the cup with the team that drafted me, had a great team in Quebec around that time - shame we could not win few more cups. Icing on the whole career cake is: I had more points than my evil twin brother - Diego.

Recreating? No, I wont be recreating.

There are few reasons behind it, biggest is the fact that I cant think anything to write about on my articles these days. Usually spend more time thinking about what to write than actually writing. Used to almost laugh when veteran users commented with similar lines when I was fairly new here: ´No matter what, I can come up with 500 words just like that´. Sure I still can in a way, but much rather just do something else with that time.

Actual sim action is not as exciting anymore, ´two lines´ in each team and what it means to everything is not for me. Has come clearer and clearer during FJ´s career.

Then there is the whole Boubabi case, how he gets a permaban in a league where it takes a effort to get banned, but then soon later he is already back in action. Amazing to me how he even got to be here to get permabanned, if I had the ban hammer, that 48 hour ban would have been the permaban. Boubabi not directly the ´reason´, more 50/50 on him and the league leaderships ability or inability to deal with him.

To end, there is one thing that I would like to say: media spots and writing here weekly has helped me to improve my English writing skills a lot, so thanks for that. Now I will take few steps back and head into the shadows, might login here and there to see what is going on - more during reminder of the season, but in the future as well. If something really exciting is coming up that shakes the league, feel free to send me a message somehow.

But yea, thanks and bye ;)

7 hours ago, Ahma said:

:'(

Goodbye, Fabio, my brother.

Oh no, et tee uutta pelaajaa :(

kaikkea hyvää ja onnea muihin meininkeihin!

Bye :(

Kenties joku päivä vielä, pakko ottaa vähän taukoa ja keskittyä muihin liigoihin asteen verran enemmän!

6 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Good bye my sweat prince. 

Fabio was an amazing mentor for Louth and you will not be forgotten.

:th_mayweathercry:

You will lead Quebec to glory and break my numbers ;) Don´t worry, I could still be back sooner than later!

6 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

You're a good dude, and it was a pleasure to be on your team. Best of luck in life, and I hope to see you around occasionally :cheers:

Thanks ;) Same to you! Hoping you guys win the cup this year!

6 hours ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

2  lines>Joke inen

:chickenmean:

1 hour ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

we may not always see eye to eye but I still respect you as a person and a member. Take care Ruutu.

Thank you! :cheers:  Good luck in the finals!

39 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Good career, great player and a better person. Was great sharing an LR with you - even if it was for a short while.

Take care, man. Hope to find you back on here one day! :cheers: 

Thanks! Enjoyed my time in Seattle, hurt even more to lose like this when it was against you guys :P

I´ll be back some day.

2 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Bye :(

Kenties joku päivä vielä, pakko ottaa vähän taukoa ja keskittyä muihin liigoihin asteen verran enemmän!

You will lead Quebec to glory and break my numbers ;) Don´t worry, I could still be back sooner than later!

Recreate and name him Fabio Louth and he can be our love child.

There are few reasons behind it, biggest is the fact that I cant think anything to write about on my articles these days. Usually spend more time thinking about what to write than actually writing. Used to almost laugh when veteran users commented with similar lines when I was fairly new here: ´No matter what, I can come up with 500 words just like that´. Sure I still can in a way, but much rather just do something else with that time.

Yeah....thats the part I always have issues with. Takes too much time to think about what to write.

See ya @jRuutu ! Drop in from time to time!

Edited by tfong

5 hours ago, tfong said:

Yeah....thats the part I always have issues with. Takes too much time to think about what to write.

See ya @jRuutu ! Drop in from time to time!

It really does,  it´s quite hard to get to 500 words from just ´one´ event that happens in VHL, gotta milk it out somehow and it´s challenging. (if you write from something that happens/happened in the league, even harder when talking about your own player doing something off the ice :p)

Cya Fong! I´ll visit here and there ;)

Edited by jRuutu

Sad to see a good member step away, good career with Jokinen and I hope to see you back here someday and maybe get you into one of my teams. Have fun out there in the real world.

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

Sad to see a good member step away, good career with Jokinen and I hope to see you back here someday and maybe get you into one of my teams. Have fun out there in the real world.

Thanks! And I will try to :P Perhaps will come back to actually creating a player again some day!

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

Lmao

:chickenmean:

It took a long time for me to finally be able to play with one of your players. For many seasons I'd see you around the boards, have a few words with each other in different threads, but never be on the same team. Finally this season we played together. Obviously, it sucks that it had to be Jokinen's final season, and now your final season for the next while. Fabio had a great career, and you've had a knack for making awesome players. I look forward to your next one, whenever that may be.

We all need a break sometimes. I've actually had quite a few breaks over the last few seasons, claiming welfare or sometimes not even doing welfare. A lot of times I don't know what to write either. I mean, I could always write a fake interview, making up questions for myself, or doing a "last 5 games for Boeser" write-up, but those get boring. Sometimes I don't want to write a bunch of stats into a media spot. Sometimes I just don't feel like opening Photoshop and making something.

Good luck out there after retirement! I hope to see you back some day!

8 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

It took a long time for me to finally be able to play with one of your players. For many seasons I'd see you around the boards, have a few words with each other in different threads, but never be on the same team. Finally this season we played together. Obviously, it sucks that it had to be Jokinen's final season, and now your final season for the next while. Fabio had a great career, and you've had a knack for making awesome players. I look forward to your next one, whenever that may be.

We all need a break sometimes. I've actually had quite a few breaks over the last few seasons, claiming welfare or sometimes not even doing welfare. A lot of times I don't know what to write either. I mean, I could always write a fake interview, making up questions for myself, or doing a "last 5 games for Boeser" write-up, but those get boring. Sometimes I don't want to write a bunch of stats into a media spot. Sometimes I just don't feel like opening Photoshop and making something.

Better later than never!  We had a great season together, shame we could not put the final icing on the cake. Hopefully we get to share a team somewhere again ;)

Those are almost all I do for media spots these days, write some kind of fake interview or something on stats - trying to get at 500 words gets reeeally boring for sure.  Even worse for me, since I got absolutely 0 talent in anything graphical related, so writing is basically the only way. Break from it all will do wonders, eventually I will forget what I have written and can just get back to writing like I used to :P

8 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I haven't wrote an articles for weeks :ph34r::lol: