Ottawa Lynx press conference

4 hours ago, Grape said:

Weekly Presser:

1. So far the team hasn't been simming super well. What are your thoughts on how the team is performing?
2. Based on what we've seen so far, which team do you think will be the hardest to beat?
3. What player has really stuck out to you with their performance so far this season?
4. What do you think this team needs in order to get back to competing?

5. With all the spots locked in for the NHL playoffs, which team are you most excited to watch?
6. Did you do anything fun over Easter weekend? Traveling, seeing family, or just hanging out?

@Try_Me678@Gmoneyman52@hardcase33@Urmomsza Rocket@connormcnamara@elshark@dstevensonjr@asteria@Kadens055@Ninjadude@YourSweetBaboo

1. It was definitely a rough start to the season for sure. Losing five in a row off the bat digs a hole that gets tougher to get out of as the season goes on. I think that it's encouraging that we've righted the ship a bit after that going 6-5-0 in our last 11 games. We need to cut down on the longer losing streaks after losing 5 and 3 in a row early on.

2. It's been a great start to the season for Mexico City, winning 11 of their first 16 games. We've got them coming up, in a couple of weeks, so that should be a fun game and a great test.

3. For the Lynx, I'd have to go with Celise Pereira so far. Leading the team in goals, assists, and points from the blueline is very impressive, especially when paired with the defensive impact being second on the team in blocked shots.

4. I think that we need to get more going offensively. We're right around where most teams are in terms of giving up goals, but we're lagging behind with the second fewest goals for. A renewed focus on improving offensively for our group could help us continue to get back on track early in the season.

5. As a Leafs fan, going to hope for longer than a 7 game postseason this year. Boston looks like they're going to be an awfully tough out for anybody, they've deserved their status as heavy favourites this season. Going to be interesting to see whether the Oilers powerplay can continue into the playoffs when it gets tougher to score on special teams.

6. Yearly tradition with the family to get together and have a big dinner. It's always nice to see everybody together in the same place, it doesn't happen much outside of the holidays any more unfortunately.

• 5 weeks later...

New Ottawa Lynx Press Conference:

1) Now that we're down to the final sim and have locked up the first overall pick, which position would you like to see the team draft first?

2) After a few big seasons, this was a down year for the team. How do we get back to being a contender next season?

3) With the VHLM playoffs starting this week, who do you think is going to win the Championship?

4) Who would be your pick for VHLM MVP for the regular season?

5) Who is your favourite to win the Stanley Cup as we approach the end of the second round?

6) Do you have anything exciting planned for this summer?

Just now, dstevensonjr said:

1) Now that we're down to the final sim and have locked up the first overall pick, which position would you like to see the team draft first?

2) After a few big seasons, this was a down year for the team. How do we get back to being a contender next season?

3) With the VHLM playoffs starting this week, who do you think is going to win the Championship?

5) Who is your favourite to win the Stanley Cup as we approach the end of the second round?

1) I think that the best player available is always the best approach for a draft, but I do think that we need help on defense more than anything after finishing at the bottom in goals against.

2) Best approach would be to draft well to add onto our group, keep developing as a team with a renewed commitment to growing our players abilities, and hopefully be in a position to start well and add to the team next season.

3) That three headed monster at the top of the standings is going to be tough to pick from. Mississauga, Mexico City, and San Diego all had great regular seasons. Can't rule out Halifax and their ability to score with that trio of 90+ point players. My pick is San Diego, I think that their ability to defend well, and get timely scoring from their big guys end up getting the job done.

4) My pick for MVP is Pope Francis for Halifax. It's pretty impressive to put up 95 points as a dman, but to also lead the entire league in shot blocks (by a wide margin), powerplay goals, and penalty minutes while also being top 5 in hits and assists is pretty special. It's a really tough group to pick from this year, which is a great sign for the league.

5) I think that we're looking at a Carolina/Vegas Final right now. That Carolina/Florida series is going to be fun to watch with the two monster forechecks that they have. Whoever comes out of the two West series should make for an entertaining matchup, but I think it'll be Dallas and Vegas for the West Final. Give me the Hurricanes to win it all in the end.

6) Hoping to do a bit of golfing this summer as the weather gets nicer. Would like to get out every couple of weeks and knock the ball around.

1 hour ago, dstevensonjr said:

1) Goalie or defense

2) I think for a come back we would need to grow the team bit more to get more backups or choices in the playoffs

3) México kings city

4) Justin Williams

5) Carolina

6) No, bc im on winter and im still in classes but for my summer idk yet 

• 1 month later...

1) After today's sim, we're officially a third of the way through the season. We're sitting in third in the East and sixth overall at 10-9-5. What do we need to do to close the gap between ourselves and the top teams in the M?

2) Who is your favourite NHL team, and what are you hoping that they do this week between the draft and Free Agency?

3) Have you been happy with your players overall performance through the first third of the season?

4) How many points do you think that Connor Bedard will put up in Chicago next season?

5) Will anybody be able to slow the Philadelphia Reapers down?

6) Who do you think is the biggest name that gets moved this week in the NHL?

2 minutes ago, dstevensonjr said:

1) After today's sim, we're officially a third of the way through the season. We're sitting in third in the East and sixth overall at 10-9-5. What do we need to do to close the gap between ourselves and the top teams in the M?

2) Who is your favourite NHL team, and what are you hoping that they do this week between the draft and Free Agency?

3) Have you been happy with your players overall performance through the first third of the season?

4) How many points do you think that Connor Bedard will put up in Chicago next season?

1. We need to start winning more of those games that are going to overtime or shootouts. It's great to be picking up those extra points, but we gotta start getting both of those points, it will go a long way towards getting higher up in the standings.

2. The Philadelphia Flyers, and they need to cut as much dead weight and free up as much cap as possible. 

3. Oven has been playing well, but I feel like for being the first overall pick, he should be doing more. I especially don't like that -6 rating, but it definitely seems like he's doing more offensively lately. 

4. I'll go with 74. Looking good, but I don't know if he'll be tearing up the league as a rookie on that Chicago team.

5. Yeah, we will. Just watch. 

6. Auston Matthews. He's in a contract season, I don't see him staying in Toronto, and the new GM isn't going to want to start his tenure with Matthews walking away for nothing. 

Just now, dstevensonjr said:

1) Right now we're 7th in goals for and 7th in goals against, so I think we need to keep developing at both ends of the ice. With our goaltending shored up, I think we can continue to develop enough over the next few weeks to be right there with the best teams at the end.

2) The Leafs, and I'd like to see them make a deal or two. They've only got 3 picks in the draft, so there won't be many prospects coming in. I would like to see them move Marner for a package similar to what the Sabres did for Eichel, but I doubt that happens. Get Matthews and Nylander re-signed.

3) I've been happy so far, but I'd really like to see more production. I can't really change my player at all now at the TPE limit, so I'm hoping the shots turn into goals soon.

4) I'll say 70. Chicago getting Hall will help him offensively, but they need a lot more there still.

5) I don't think that anybody is unbeatable. Philly has a head start from a TPE perspective, but teams will catch up as the season goes forward.

6) Dubois getting dealt was a pretty big name, even though it was pretty well known that he was going to be on the move. Any of the Calgary guys could go if they won't re-sign. I think that Erik Karlsson ends up getting dealt at the draft though.

@ctots @Med @Gmoneyman52 @shinoa @Jayrad28 @Doomsday @asteria @dasboot @BrandyAndy @Enorama

1) After today's sim, we're officially a third of the way through the season. We're sitting in third in the East and sixth overall at 10-9-5. What do we need to do to close the gap between ourselves and the top teams in the M? We need to get to the dirty areas more often and keep it simple in defense.

2) Who is your favourite NHL team, and what are you hoping that they do this week between the draft and Free Agency? I do not have any fav teams, I hope Finnish players get picked into good positions in the draft.

3) Have you been happy with your players overall performance through the first third of the season? Semi-happy, I have played decently in terms of physicality, but lacking in offense a little.

4) How many points do you think that Connor Bedard will put up in Chicago next season?  Point per game

5) Will anybody be able to slow the Philadelphia Reapers down? They have been just super lucky so far. Once their luck ran out, they come down to earth.

6) Who do you think is the biggest name that gets moved this week in the NHL?  Karlsson maybe

• 2 weeks later...

1. Ottawa has the second best powerplay and the third best penalty kill in the league right now, what are your thoughts on that?

2.  The last 9 games have been one goal games - how can we turn more of them into victories?

3.  On the scale of 1 to 100, how lucky are the Philadelphia Cheapers?

• 4 weeks later...

1. Ottawa Lynx roster looks very slim at the moment, are you worried Ottawa might not play any training games during training camp?

2.  Mak Doyon is the only defender in the roster, would you move one of the forwards to play D with Mak and put the garbage man to play wing or do you believe the garbage man has what it takes to play D at this level?

3. What are your thoughts on VHLE going down to 6 teams?

4. Should VHLM considering removing few teams as well?

5.  Have you considered moving to VHLE in the near future?

6.  Ever seen a lynx in real life?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 9:45 AM, jRuutu said:

1. Ottawa Lynx roster looks very slim at the moment, are you worried Ottawa might not play any training games during training camp?

2.  Mak Doyon is the only defender in the roster, would you move one of the forwards to play D with Mak and put the garbage man to play wing or do you believe the garbage man has what it takes to play D at this level?

3. What are your thoughts on VHLE going down to 6 teams?

4. Should VHLM considering removing few teams as well?

5.  Have you considered moving to VHLE in the near future?

6.  Ever seen a lynx in real life?

1. Yea, we need to sign some more players before we start playing training games I think. The roster is definitely slim right now.
2. Well, there is more D now. I think Garbage Man has what it takes to play D right now.
3. Sad, I think at least. It will mean less playtime for players because more players on every team. Really wish we could keep all the teams. 
4. NO! I think that the amount of teams in the VHLM is good for now, and should not be changed.
5. If I am given the opportunity by a team, I will move to the E. For now, I am staying in the M until I get drafted.
6. No, never ever seen a lynx. 

• 4 months later...

1.) What are your individual goals for this season?

2.) What are your goals for the team this season?

3.) We currently have 5 wins or so in 6 or 7 games - can we continue this success?

4.) Who would you compare your player to?

5.) Do you have a nemesis? Another team, another player, etc...

6.) What is your players greatest strength? 

11 hours ago, Fire Tortorella said:

1.) What are your individual goals for this season?

2.) What are your goals for the team this season?

3.) We currently have 5 wins or so in 6 or 7 games - can we continue this success?

4.) Who would you compare your player to?

5.) Do you have a nemesis? Another team, another player, etc...

6.) What is your players greatest strength? 

1) I just want to earn the trust of da coach and da team and give dem a chance to win every game.

2) To make da playoffs and hopefully win the cup.

3) I don't see why not we play strong game and if we keep dat up we'll be a good team.

4) He's the French Sergei Federov

5) Not really haven't been in da league long enough yet to build a rivalry. We'll see.

6) Skates like the wind. 

1.) After a good start, the team has been on a little bit of a slide recently - what do we need to do to turn it around?

2.) What's your history with the VHL? How long have you been here?

3.) If you were in charge of the VHL, what's one thing you would change?

4.) In the VHL or in real life, what's one thing you're willing to admit you were wrong about?

5.) Favorite new food or experience you've had recently?

6.) Would you rather live somewhere where it's cold all the time or hot all the time?

On 1/20/2024 at 12:38 PM, Fire Tortorella said:

1.) After a good start, the team has been on a little bit of a slide recently - what do we need to do to turn it around?

4.) In the VHL or in real life, what's one thing you're willing to admit you were wrong about?

6.) Would you rather live somewhere where it's cold all the time or hot all the time?

1. Put me on the first line ;)

2. I'm old, my first player was in S7 won a Continental Cup in S11 and haven't won it since, been cursed ever since going even to what 4 straight finals appearences with Moscow and losing all of them. 

3. I'm not sure I don't pay that much attention to what's going on to offer any real insight. 

4. My younger self was wrong thinking that "quitting smoking can't be that hard just stop and you know mind over matter and dont be a pussy and you'll do just fine" It took me almost 6 years to finally quit smoking lol

5.Went skating in the woods on a frozen wetland area we shovelled a path on. 

6.Cold. You can always layer up. With the heat there's only so many layers to remove and having to be wet all the time from sweat or just having to cool off is just gross. Nobody likes swamp nuts. 

On 1/20/2024 at 12:38 PM, Fire Tortorella said:

1) I would hire John Tortorella to coach the team. He gets the most out of his talent and makes the boys hard to play against. He would make sure we hit and block shots.

2) Slightly less long than you. 13 years which is insane. 

3) I don't know the specifics of it, but I would look into some kind of new STHS engine. Having to rig attributes like this because we found how to break the engine only seems like a half measure. I'm sure it would be a ton of work or money though. 

4) A Good Jacket - When I was young say middle / high school I legitimately could be outside in 20 degree weather at the bus stop in a sweatshort and shorts and be fine, I ran warm. As an adult my warmness has lessened, and I had no idea how good an actual good jacket was until our dad got me one for Christmas a few years back. A good insulated jacket is a godsend in the cold especially having to walk my dog, and far superior to crap jackets.

5) Spending time with our nephew has been eye opening lately. I honestly don't get that excited about newborns but once they can get moving and talk - I am really excited about the others on the way

6) Hot all the time - I can be reasonably comfortable if it's 90 degrees out and I find shade, but if it's 20 degrees out you really can't outside of creating a fire or sources of heat. 

1.) After a bit of a slide, our last two games were good wins - what did the coach say to the team to turn things around?

2.) Would you rather have a great individual season in the VHLM with limited team success or win the Founder's Cup but not have a good individual season?

3.) Does your player have a nickname on the ice?

4.) What's an odd food combination that you like?

5.) What is your favorite board game?

6.) When is the last time you've been to a movie theater?

On 1/27/2024 at 11:10 AM, Fire Tortorella said:

1.) After a bit of a slide, our last two games were good wins - what did the coach say to the team to turn things around?

2.) Would you rather have a great individual season in the VHLM with limited team success or win the Founder's Cup but not have a good individual season?

3.) Does your player have a nickname on the ice?

4.) What's an odd food combination that you like?

5.) What is your favorite board game?

6.) When is the last time you've been to a movie theater?

1) I dont really know i've just been tuning the guy out to be honest. As long as we keep up our effort level I think we can keep the momentum going. 

2) Obviously I'd love to win the Cup as I've never won it with any of my past players

3) Yeah I seem to have picked up the nickname Snowhead. It all comes from my typical shenanigan of throwing snowballs at my teammates heads during practices. 

4) Fries and gravy is odd to some people. Idk I thought Kraft Dinner and Ketchup was gross but I tried it and it ain't bad. 

5) Warhammer Fantasy

6)I don't remember it's been years. Must at least of been before 2017 because I was gifted a voucher for a free movie dated 2017 that I still haven't collected yet. In all reality I don't watch many movies and when I do I'd just rather be in the comfort of my own home and not have to deal with people or commuting. That and if I want to pause for a bathroom break or smoke break I can.

1.) The trade deadline is quickly approaching - what is your approach? Are you sitting by your phone dreading (or looking forward?) to getting a call or do you just live your life normally?

2.) We've been stuck in 8th place in the league for a while now - what is missing? How do we need to improve?

3.) Who is the biggest thug on the ice on the team and why is it WWumbo? 

4.) Where is everyone? Why don't more people answer press conference questions?

5.) If you had the choice would you rather live in the 2020's or go back to any other decade?

6.) If you weren't playing hockey, what other sport would your player play?

On 2/4/2024 at 10:42 AM, Fire Tortorella said:

1.) The trade deadline is quickly approaching - what is your approach? Are you sitting by your phone dreading (or looking forward?) to getting a call or do you just live your life normally?

2.) We've been stuck in 8th place in the league for a while now - what is missing? How do we need to improve?

3.) Who is the biggest thug on the ice on the team and why is it WWumbo? 

4.) Where is everyone? Why don't more people answer press conference questions?

5.) If you had the choice would you rather live in the 2020's or go back to any other decade?

6.) If you weren't playing hockey, what other sport would your player play?

1. Trade deadline is now over! It's time for Ottawa to get some big signings and skyrocket up the standings.

2. New signings and the vets sticking with it will surely lead to a brighter future in Ottawa. I hope to have some big games in my debut sims.

3. WWumbo leads the team in PIM and hiits. No chance we have another thug worse.

4. Dont worry I will now be answering them weekly. I actually came here to write these questions and didn't expect to already see them.

5. 2020's. No other time is better.

6. No other sport only Opera.

1.) We're up to 7th in the league with a 4 point lead on 8th place and a 10 point deficit to 5th. Where do we finish in the standings?

2.) What do you want to see from your player in the last week of the regular season?

3.) How would you spice up the VHL?

4.) What is your opinion on the Ridly Greig/Morgan Rielly kerfuffle?

5.) Will Travis Kelce propose to Taylor Swift after the Super Bowl?

6.) If you could bring back any inactive member, who would it be? 

On 2/11/2024 at 10:25 AM, Fire Tortorella said:

1.) We're up to 7th in the league with a 4 point lead on 8th place and a 10 point deficit to 5th. Where do we finish in the standings?

2.) What do you want to see from your player in the last week of the regular season?

3.) How would you spice up the VHL?

4.) What is your opinion on the Ridly Greig/Morgan Rielly kerfuffle?

5.) Will Travis Kelce propose to Taylor Swift after the Super Bowl?

6.) If you could bring back any inactive member, who would it be? 

1. Staying in 7th, but I think that's our best bet. It'll be up to Miami and Vegas and how they fair out to see who we'll face though.

2. I'd like to pick it up a bit, don't need to be a crazy good player or anything but I'd like to be a solid player going into playoffs.

3. One day a week a random member is selected to be special guest mod. They get to do what they want, but can be voted out if any action deemed excessive.

4. Easy suspension for Rielly. I understand if you want to go fight the guy or get in his face but crosschecking his skull is a bit too far.

5. I am already too late to this.

6. I've had the pleasure to play with many people who have sadly gone inactive. If it was up to me though im brining back Horcrux!

1.) We're currently 3-1 down to Las Vegas - what will it take for us to come back in the series?

2.) What are your goals for your player next season? Where will you be playing?

3.) Would you ever consider becoming a GM at any level of the league?

4.) Is there any brand you're loyal to?

5.) What's your favorite movie or movie series?

6.) How much snow is "too much"?

10 hours ago, Fire Tortorella said:

1.) We're currently 3-1 down to Las Vegas - what will it take for us to come back in the series?

2.) What are your goals for your player next season? Where will you be playing?

3.) Would you ever consider becoming a GM at any level of the league?

4.) Is there any brand you're loyal to?

5.) What's your favorite movie or movie series?

6.) How much snow is "too much"?

1. Right now we're pushing.  It seems like the first line has now come alive. We really need them to keep pushing to win these games.

2. I think I'll be staying in the VHLM despite having enough TPE for the VHLE, but I'm open to playing in the E. Really not sure what the decision is yet.

3. I think I'm finally fully open to it. I've always AGM'd but never really applied for GM. But I'm confident in myself that I'd be able to do it now.

4. Not really, I think I used to be more but now its just whatever I find that's good.

4. Indiana Jones, always has been since I was a kid. Was pretty happy to see new one come out since its the only one I've seen in theatres (Idk if I saw Crystal Skull). I also really liked the Lego games and am looking forwards to the new game coming out.

6. Being from PEI we've had some pretty rough years. I usually dont dislike it though, as I get older though I'm expecting my opinions to change.

1. We're out of the playoffs? Whats next for you and your player?

2. How did you feel about this season? Did you exceed any expectations you set?

3. Predict the winner of next seasons VHLM founders cup. Why did you choose the team you chose?

4. What's been your favourite memory or experience in the VHL so far?

5. Which logo is your favourite, and which is your least? 

6. If you could change anything about the league what would it be?