Claimed: S60 Power Ranking

Tyler

Power_Rankings_HandsetBranding_Title_xxx

The 60th VHL season is about to begin if you can believe it and it's time to do a power ranking. The league has seen some shift this off season and it will be interesting to see how wrong these are in a month or two when the playoff begins. 

1. New York Americans: While they did not win it all last year after a yuuuuge upset, they are still the best team heading in to the season. Their GM is one of the best in the league and should be able to make the moves he might have to in the future.

2. Seattle Bears: Feels odd not to have the champs at number one but on paper they weren't the best team last year. They added a potential HOFer in Markus King at the goalie position and it seems like they are destined to compete again this season.

3. Calgary Wranglers: The team is set to make a big jump forward as the GM Bushito added two players with continental cup winning pedigrees in Slava Aleksei and Niko Bogdanovic. They made the leap from pretender to contender in one season and could easily win it all if their young players take a big jump forward this season. 

4. Helsinki Titans: They lost the finals last year but having the MVP of the league and the best defenseman has to count for something. Cornerstone will compete for another MVP and Ay Ay Ron will not slow down anytime soon. It will be interesting to see what the big additions they made at the draft will do for their team. Certainly a win now team and I think teams 2, 3 and 4 are pretty interchangeable.

5. Riga Reign: The team is fresh off a wild card round loss to Seattle and made some seller moves at the off season. They will probably sell even more with their former MVP Krigars nearing retirement. Once he goes they will rocket down the rankings but with VVA in net and Krigars up front they should still be better then the rebuilding teams, at least for now.

6. HC Davos Dynamo: A complete team but not a very good one right now that will have to make a big step forward this season. They do have pieces at most levels with six forwards and 3 defenders as well as a star goalie in Brodeur. They will probably take a big leap forward next season but for now look to be competing for a wild card spot.

7. Toronto Legion: Rebuilding but as it stands they do have some quality pieces. Bo Boeser remains one of the best players in the league on paper and should be a 40 goal scorer this season. The Legion will likely look to move him for assets they can use to rebuild and his market should be a pretty solid one.

8. Quebec Meute: A team hoping for lottery luck. The Meute are pretty bad on paper but they had a good draft and should grow in to where they need to be. There is little doubt they will eventually make it to where they need to be, but for now it is a long hard road. 

2 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Pretty dick thing to say after I supported you guys in the playoffs. Maybe not this season but I will win a cup as GM of this team.

I'm just playing. Geeze.

Toronto is dead so we need a team to have a new, single season rivalry with. 

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

I'm just playing. Geeze.

Toronto is dead so we need a team to have a new, single season rivalry with. 

Rivalries are overrated (in sim leagues, not in real life). I'm not about to artificially hate a team just because their guys are doing well in the sim. I'll hate them if they warrant it on the forums, and that's about it.

22 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Rivalries are overrated (in sim leagues, not in real life). I'm not about to artificially hate a team just because their guys are doing well in the sim. I'll hate them if they warrant it on the forums, and that's about it.

Your team smells like mouldy lasagna

Just now, Kendrick said:

Your team smells like mouldy lasagna

That's because your team was so kind as to send us a lot of lasagna, except you got the order size wrong, and instead of feeds 30, you ordered feeds 300. So naturally, too much of it was left and we didn't eat it all while it was good, and sanitation services haven't been through to pitch the rest.

19 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

That's because your team was so kind as to send us a lot of lasagna, except you got the order size wrong, and instead of feeds 30, you ordered feeds 300. So naturally, too much of it was left and we didn't eat it all while it was good, and sanitation services haven't been through to pitch the rest.

Aramark you pieces of shit!