S33 Re-Draft

RomanesEuntDomus

I'm planning to do a Re-Draft of the Season 33 VHL Entry Draft but I don't want it to be just based on my opinion, but on what the members of the league think. So it would be awesome if you could post your own re-drafts/rankings here and I'll then compile the average and will write an article about what is hopefully more-or-less the league consensus on how the S33 draft should have went. I would like to do this for the first 20 picks so it would be great if you could send me your Top-20. But I know this could end up being a little too ambitious, especially when we get to the later picks, so just your first 10 or 15 picks work as well. What criteria you use exactly doesn’t really matter to me, so you can include things like which team picked where, team needs or you could leave those things out, you could only look at what a player brought to the team that drafted him or at his whole career to date, I’m open to all these different ways of making your rankings. It would be great if you could write a bit about your reasoning when you post your re-draft though. If you don’t want to post it here you can of course send me a PM with it as well.

Looking forward to your lists!

1-20: Edward Eldred.

But actually:

1. Davos - Kellinger: Even if he doesn't have the top TPE any more, his position and name recognition still would have been best for Davos to trade off for picks.

2. Seattle - Tordahl: While Tordahl and Olsen are about even, Seattle's been noticeably weaker on offense than defense.

3. Toronto - K. Olsen: Toronto needed a defenseman badly, this one's obvious.

4. Calgary - Lindberg: Could have been the perfect second-line center behind Marcellin, then replaced him later.

5. Quebec City - Ball Jr.: They needed a winger, and Ball's been consistent with updating.

6. Seattle (remember, was a draft day trade) - Weber: If Tordahl goes #2, then makes sense to add a defenseman with the next pick.

7. Calgary - Landry: Would have made a hell of a second line along with Lindberg.

8. Helsinki - Collier: Helsinki didn't need a center like Toriyama with Hodgson and Osbourne. They needed a winger.

9. Riga - Toriyama: Then he may have only gotten traded 1000 times as compared to 1001.

10. Vasteras - Namestnikov: Still active and getting better, could have been the centerpiece to the offense

11. Seattle - T. Valiq: Would he have gone inactive sooner if not on Quebec? I think Noah chances it.

12. Toronto - J. Olsen: Remember, he gained lots of TPE quick, and better chance of keeping active if on team with brother

13. Cologne - Zamora: Being picked low might have convinced him to overcome the odds

14. Toronto - GIYGAS: Not a bad haul from Toronto, just like in real life.

15. Quebec City - Not A Bear: Totally was a bear.

• Admin

Round One

1. :dav:HC DAVOS DYNAMO: Odin Tordahl (most TPE, now best performance. Franchise player or trade piece, he takes Kellinger's crown)

2. :sea:SEATTLE BEARS: Wesley Kellinger (as Cowboy talks in his MS, Seattle would probably be better off with a forward, especially considering Sound moved to center)

3. :tor:TORONTO LEGION: Karsten Olsen (easy)

4. :cal:CALGARY WRANGLERS (from Cologne via New York): Niklas Lindberg (Calgary could use a more loyal and active guy as opposed to what they got)

5. :que:QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: Sebastian Ball Jr. (still get a loyal guy, but a better player on paper)

6. :hel:HELSINKI TITANS (from Vasteras via Seattle): Willie Weber (still think Helsinki opts for a trade up and the dman who remains good value for this pick)

7. :cal:CALGARY WRANGLERS: Thomas Landry (same as Ball Jr. and a massive riser here. Ball Jr. + Landry >>>> Zamora + GIYGAS)

8. :sea:SEATTLE BEARS (from Helsinki): David Collier (slight improvement because of how he's moved up as a leader in Cologne)

9. :rig:RIGA REIGN: Keiji Toriyama (return means he doesn't drop far)

10. :vas:VASTERAS IRON EAGLES (from New York): Evgeny Namestnikov (has earned more TPE than Zamora and Valiq (no carryover))

Felix Zamora and Tomas Valiq fall into the 2nd round. No one else has more than 400 TPE so fuck 'em.

Round One
1.  :dav: HC DAVOS DYNAMO: Odin Tordahl
2.  :sea: SEATTLE BEARS: Niklas Lindberg
3.  :tor: TORONTO LEGION: Karsten Olsen
4.  :cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS (from Cologne via New York): Wesley Kellinger
5.  :que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: Tomas Valiq
6.  :hel: HELSINKI TITANS (from Vasteras via Seattle): Willie Weber

7.  :cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS: Sebastian Ball Jr.
8.  :sea: SEATTLE BEARS (from Helsinki): Thomas Landry
9.  :rig: RIGA REIGN: David Collier
10.  :vas: VASTERAS IRON EAGLES (from New York): Evgeny Namestnikov

Round Two
11.  :sea: SEATTLE BEARS: Felix Zamora
12.  :tor: TORONTO LEGION: Keiji Toriyama
13.  :col: COLOGNE EXPRESS: GIYGAS
14.  :tor: TORONTO LEGION (from Davos): Jarkko Olsen
15.  :que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: Mario Corvia
16.  :nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS (from Vasteras via Cologne via Calgary): Adam Kylrad
17.  :vas: VASTERAS IRON EAGLES (from Calgary): Dan Tremblay
18.  :tor: TORONTO LEGION (from Helsinki via Quebec via Cologne): Riley Stevens
19.  :col: COLOGNE EXPRESS (from Riga via Quebec): Mikhail Mikhailovich
20.  :cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS (from New York via Seattle): Atticus von Braxton

Round One
1.  :dav: HC DAVOS DYNAMO: Wesley Kellinger
2.  :sea: SEATTLE BEARS: Odin Tordahl
3.  :tor: TORONTO LEGION: Karten Olsen
4.  :cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS (from Cologne via New York): Niklas Lindberg
5.  :que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: Sebastian Ball Jr.
6.  :hel: HELSINKI TITANS (from Vasteras via Seattle): Willie Weber
7.  :cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS: David Collier
8.  :sea: SEATTLE BEARS (from Helsinki): Keiji Toriyama
9.  :rig: RIGA REIGN: Thomas Landry
10.  :vas: VASTERAS IRON EAGLES (from New York): Evgeny Namestnikov

Just so you guys know, Jericho probably still has the most TPE of this draft class.....he is on the Mag and does a point task weekly...and when he can joins on the Pajodcast. He simply hasn't updated his player page in like a month. It isn't as if he's stopped earning....he's easily got like 4 weeks worth of updates to add. He is either still top of the list for TPE or close. :P 

Still plays a part - general activity, being updated in the sim, etc.

Also, Tordahl is more than 100 TPE up on Kellinger.

It does still play a part sure. Honestly if I were to do the math Boom probably has a good 60 TPE lead. 5 weeks worth of updates missed for Jericho though and over $7 million still sitting in the store. Tordhal is still ahead though. 

It does still play a part sure. Honestly if I were to do the math Boom probably has a good 60 TPE lead. 5 weeks worth of updates missed for Jericho though and over $7 million still sitting in the store. Tordhal is still ahead though. 

Where is the rest of this post?

• 4 weeks later...

2. Seattle - Tordahl: While Tordahl and Olsen are about even, Seattle's been noticeably weaker on offense than defense.

3. Toronto - K. Olsen: Toronto needed a defenseman badly, this one's obvious.

6. Seattle (remember, was a draft day trade) - Weber: If Tordahl goes #2, then makes sense to add a defenseman with the next pick.

12. Toronto - J. Olsen: Remember, he gained lots of TPE quick, and better chance of keeping active if on team with brother

Changes a bit since I'm actually back now, but I do think I would've stayed more active if we had ended up on the same team. I know Toronto had some interest in that happening also, they had spoken with me about trying to trade up from the 12 pick to ensure they could get me if I remember correctly. 

I also remember being kind of upset Seattle passed me over at 6. I thought for sure after they took you that they would take me, I think we even spoke on chat about it. It would've been a reach for them probably, but if I had stayed active it might have paid off. 

It was a culmination of things, I got busier in real life, I got bored of the things I was writing about (being on your team would've been writing fodder forever), and I was a little irritated at how the VHLM Commish situation turned out (and the constant heckling from that guy who eventually attacked the site apparently). I think ending up on the same team, be it Seattle or Toronto would've been an interesting event.