Locker Rooms

Will

• Senior Admin

Hello everyone, 

Some of you are already beginning to join the new locker rooms but here's what's happening: recently got a forum update that made the 'Clubs' option that some other leagues use more viable. Now, each team can have it's own club and that team's GM can manage the permissions of that club themselves. Each club get its own locker room forum. The problem before this update was that there was no way to display that locker room forum on the main index. This update changed that and now these locker rooms can be put directly on the index, at the bottom. 

The benefits are that GM's can handle locker room permissions on their own which should save a lot of waiting for us to add people and, even more, make it easier to make sure people are being removed from LR's when they leave the team. 

GM's are sending out the invites to their clubs already so you should get one. It's also possible to request to join a team which will notify the GM to approve or deny you. You will still see the old LR's at this moment - they'll be hidden once all the GM's are in place in the new system. 

The VHLM will be getting the same system once VHL is set up. 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

We had added them in the EFL, and removed them very soon as they were useless haha

Sidnt thwy have to be in their own section at the time though? This new update you get all the conveniences of a normal locker room while being able to have GM’s control access. Win-win

• Senior Admin
2 hours ago, STZ said:

How do you remove people from

the Club? Jw for future use.. can’t see that option

If you look at the member list in the club area there should be a icon on each member that lets you make them a mod or remove them 

57 minutes ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

Literally my first thought after seeing them added

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

We had added them in the EFL, and removed them very soon as they were useless haha

With this latest update they are more or less just a regular forum that GMs can control the permissions of.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Sidnt thwy have to be in their own section at the time though? This new update you get all the conveniences of a normal locker room while being able to have GM’s control access. Win-win

Yeah I think they were, this does feel different

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I do prefer having the LR up top though. I always like to see what's happening with my team before going to the other parts of the site.

Locker rooms have always belonged at the bottom. Back in my day we had to use this thing called a scroll! *grumble grumble* damn kids.

Also let me back in Toronto, I wanna come hang out.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I do prefer having the LR up top though. I always like to see what's happening with my team before going to the other parts of the site.

Agreed. 110%. 

LR's are dead enough half the time. Also, so now we have 2 LRs? I haven't played around much with them so I'm curious what the differences is between the 2? Why are we unable to give GM's power over the original LR's? 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Agreed. 110%. 

LR's are dead enough half the time. Also, so now we have 2 LRs? I haven't played around much with them so I'm curious what the differences is between the 2? Why are we unable to give GM's power over the original LR's? 

1. It has been proven in the past people will scroll to get to locker rooms, it’s not a big deal. They didn’t suddenly become alive being at the top. Bottom has always made more sense.

2. Once everything is set up and important topics are moved we’ll remove (or likely just hide) the original locker rooms so there won’t be two.

3. Locker Rooms were based on permissions. Each team had permissions so that you could say “X member can see Y forums.” The only place you can set this is the admin CP though. We’d need to give all GM’s access to the admin CP to give them control but that also introduces the problem that there’s no way to set which members they can access.

7 minutes ago, Beketov said:

1. It has been proven in the past people will scroll to get to locker rooms, it’s not a big deal. They didn’t suddenly become alive being at the top. Bottom has always made more sense.

2. Once everything is set up and important topics are moved we’ll remove (or likely just hide) the original locker rooms so there won’t be two.

3. Locker Rooms were based on permissions. Each team had permissions so that you could say “X member can see Y forums.” The only place you can set this is the admin CP though. We’d need to give all GM’s access to the admin CP to give them control but that also introduces the problem that there’s no way to set which members they can access.

1. Which is why VHL is the only league so know of that does it. SHL, GOMHL, PHL, PBE = top ? 

3. As long as it's 100% like an LR, sure. Entering it, it doesn't look much like one yet. 

• Commissioner
55 minutes ago, Banackock said:

1. Which is why VHL is the only league so know of that does it. SHL, GOMHL, PHL, PBE = top ? 

3. As long as it's 100% like an LR, sure. Entering it, it doesn't look much like one yet. 

1. Just because everyone else does it doesn’t mean it’s better. I’ve been of the mindset since the league started that organizationally speaking it makes far more sense for the announcements on the top and the locker rooms on the bottom. It’s not like they are buried in subforums, it’s literally just a bit of scrolling. 3/4 of the time I just use the “unread posts” feature anyway and I think most do the same. I only navigate the board itself when looking for something.

3. I haven’t seen them yet, no one has given me access to one and I’ve been too busy to go figure it out myself. By @Will‘s description they should be more or less normal forums though.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Beketov said:

1. Just because everyone else does it doesn’t mean it’s better. I’ve been of the mindset since the league started that organizationally speaking it makes far more sense for the announcements on the top and the locker rooms on the bottom. It’s not like they are buried in subforums, it’s literally just a bit of scrolling. 3/4 of the time I just use the “unread posts” feature anyway and I think most do the same. I only navigate the board itself when looking for something.

3. I haven’t seen them yet, no one has given me access to one and I’ve been too busy to go figure it out myself. By @Will‘s description they should be more or less normal forums though.

If you enter from the forum like you would a regular LR, it’s basically exactly the same. It just leads you to a locker room forum, the only difference being the GM can customize a header image above the forum. I invited you to HSK so you can check it out for yourself

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

They're not bad. Same principle. Change is hard mkay.

and true to a point. I've never used the unread feature. 

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Will said:

If you enter from the forum like you would a regular LR, it’s basically exactly the same. It just leads you to a locker room forum, the only difference being the GM can customize a header image above the forum. I invited you to HSK so you can check it out for yourself

The main important thing is that unread posts still show up, which I imagine they should. Wanna go post something in there so I can make sure?

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Banackock said:

They're not bad. Same principle. Change is hard mkay.

and true to a point. I've never used the unread feature. 

Seriously? How do you remotely keep track of everything. “Show unread posts” is like the most useful button on here.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Banackock said:

The leagues quiet 95% of the time. Nothing to scroll through. People go to LR's. Last i looked, 2 of the last media spots really done are @Laflamme... lol

There’s more posts than you think. Maybe you need to try the unread feature :P

• Senior Admin

Yeah I use the view new content for the most part. Anyway I think the top vs. bottom debate is largely just personal preference, but I think the trade off is well worth it to have GMs able to handle their LR’s by themselves. No more waiting for the lazy admins to do it! 

And who knows in the next update they could well make it so you can customize the position of the club forums, but right now I can only make them show on the bottom.

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The main important thing is that unread posts still show up, which I imagine they should. Wanna go post something in there so I can make sure?

They do, I’m still a member in all of them

right now while I was getting them set up so i can see LR posts showing up in the new content feed :) 

19 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Seriously? How do you remotely keep track of everything. “Show unread posts” is like the most useful button on here.

I just scan through everything myself. This way I know where everything is too with how things are changing.

Good changes though. Next, IMO, would be updating everything that's outdated on the site. ? (rules, how to earn TPE pages etc). 

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Locker rooms have always belonged at the bottom. Back in my day we had to use this thing called a scroll! *grumble grumble* damn kids.

Also let me back in Toronto, I wanna come hang out.

I mean, really, I don't care where the LRs are located. I'll be in them either way.

But, since I've been here, they've always been at the top. I'm not in any leagues where they're at the bottom, so it's familiar territory. I think it'll make it better for other people as well if things look familiar. But ya, I agree.....ultimately, it doesn't really impact much.