Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

w4Xbeh8.png

Answer 3 Questions for 1 Capped TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE

For week ending on April 21, 2024

1.  Welcome @Phil and hire new player to the team. What is exciting about the latest recruit?

2. There was also  a trade. A S95 1st rounder for S94 4th AND S95 2nd. Is this a good trade building for the future?

3. Should more have been done to load up for the Cup run?

4. What team made the biggest moves in this trade deadline?

5. What is the weirdest way you have been injured?

6. Which visiting team should I arrange hotel arrangements for?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

P9EnSpl.png

8 minutes ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. Welcome @Phil and hire new player to the team. What is exciting about the latest recruit?

“It’s exciting to have such a veteran on our team to help round out the club. We haven’t really made changes this season and it’s worked well for us, but adding a player like that really helps!”

2. There was also  a trade. A S95 1st rounder for S94 4th AND S95 2nd. Is this a good trade building for the future?

“I think making moves like that can be pretty underrated. It shows some foresight that can be hard to predict, but we don’t have any reason to believe Lucyxpher isn’t the person that can make it work”

“Although it’s tempting to go out and make a big splash, the team we have right now works really well together and are still improving. ‘If it ain’t broke…’”

“Ottawa made a pretty big move to help bolster their team, but I feel like the add of Anthony Simmons II to Mississauga was sneaky good. They’re a consistent scorer who can help a team making a push.”

“Just a couple weeks ago I went to pick up my dog while playing with him (he’s 100 pounds) and he ended up head butting my nose. It still doesn’t feel right.”

“Someone has to make some special arrangements for Walter Jinn on the Reapers. You know why.”

1. Welcome @Phil and hire new player to the team. What is exciting about the latest recruit?

Adding fresh blood is always good. He will be well surrounded by the team and hopefully he can contribute to our success

2. There was also a trade. A S95 1st rounder for S94 4th AND S95 2nd. Is this a good trade building for the future?

There's two way to look at it.

1. A first rounder can land a star but

2. A late first vs a early second and a 4th can give you the chance to draft 2 players who can help out a team. There's plenty of surprises after the 1st round and you could draft 2 players beyond the 1st round who can out perform 1st rounders. All in all, it's a gamble. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Time will tell but also I trust management to make good moves

3. Should more have been done to load up for the Cup run?

I feel we have a great team. Management has done an excellent job and we should be able to make a great run in the cup run

4. What team made the biggest moves in this trade deadline?

Mexico city, they are trying to rebuild for next season

5. What is the weirdest way you have been injured?

Jumping off a big forklift. Had spinal compression and concussion like symptoms for a week

6. Which visiting team should I arrange hotel arrangements for?

Hotels? Maybe change it for motels😅 make them struggle a bit before a big game

1. always good to get a player that can help us make a run

2. never know what picks can bring you

3 i think we already have a great team so what ever we add just helps us a little more

4. im not sure i didnt really pay attention to the trades

5. fell out of bed and broke a finger

6. i dunno. dont they do that them selves? 

1.  Welcome @Phil and hire new player to the team. What is exciting about the latest recruit?

If it helps the team than I am good for anyone joining the team and if he is anything like the Sakic that used to light-up the Vancouver Canucks than I am game. 

Can be an underrated move for the future of the team but I am focused on this season and winning now. The future can wait or is for the management to worry about!!

Yes, and no!! We will need a ton of puck luck if we are going to win the Founder`s Cup so if we lose than yes, you should have done more but if we win than nope it was correct. We are the second best team in the league yet anything can happen as Halifax should know from S74!!

Seattle Bears as they trade a bunch of prospect that are long shots at best to Helsinki for a starting goaltender and one of the best forwards in the game really for next to nothing but hey who is judging!! Oh, You meant VHLM!! Saskatoon made the biggest move but it will be a matter of time if it actually paid off or not!!

Wrestling with my girlfriend as she put me in a leg lock and with her being a smaller Japanese girl I expected to be able to twist my out of the leg lock only for her to tighten the lock and break my hip. Luckily for me it wasn`t a full break of the hip but rather a small stabilizing bone that men have in their hips (Less Trochanter); I guess woman have it as well but it is much smaller than a males. I also didn`t know that a woman pelvis opens at 120 degree while a male is limited to 90!! Thanks Internet!!

Worst injury was being crushed at work by a pallet jack when training a new higher how to drive the machine. Broke my leg, shattered and dislocated my ankle. Took me six month to learn to walk again and cost me my job. But I was luck since I could have/ should have lost my leg but due to how hard he hit me knocked my leg up into a pallet crushing the ankle rather than the leg.

Ottawa and we should put them in the best hotel in town so book them into Season Inn in Fairview. Look like most of the creepier hotels/motels have been taken out of business.

bates motel GIF by A&E

1 hour ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

If it helps the team than I am good for anyone joining the team and if he is anything like the Sakic that used to light-up the Vancouver Canucks than I am game. 

Can be an underrated move for the future of the team but I am focused on this season and winning now. The future can wait or is for the management to worry about!!

Yes, and no!! We will need a ton of puck luck if we are going to win the Founder`s Cup so if we lose than yes, you should have done more but if we win than nope it was correct. We are the second best team in the league yet anything can happen as Halifax should know from S74!!

Seattle Bears as they trade a bunch of prospect that are long shots at best to Helsinki for a starting goaltender and one of the best forwards in the game really for next to nothing but hey who is judging!! Oh, You meant VHLM!! Saskatoon made the biggest move but it will be a matter of time if it actually paid off or not!!

Wrestling with my girlfriend as she put me in a leg lock and with her being a smaller Japanese girl I expected to be able to twist my out of the leg lock only for her to tighten the lock and break my hip. Luckily for me it wasn`t a full break of the hip but rather a small stabilizing bone that men have in their hips (Less Trochanter); I guess woman have it as well but it is much smaller than a males. I also didn`t know that a woman pelvis opens at 120 degree while a male is limited to 90!! Thanks Internet!!

Worst injury was being crushed at work by a pallet jack when training a new higher how to drive the machine. Broke my leg, shattered and dislocated my ankle. Took me six month to learn to walk again and cost me my job. But I was luck since I could have/ should have lost my leg but due to how hard he hit me knocked my leg up into a pallet crushing the ankle rather than the leg.

Ottawa and we should put them in the best hotel in town so book them into Season Inn in Fairview. Look like most of the creepier hotels/motels have been taken out of business.

bates motel GIF by A&E

Crazy injuries!  That must have been awful! 😢 

8 hours ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. This team is already good and Phil makes it better.

2. I think the trade is good for building the future.

3. No I think this team is good and is gonna win the cup.

4. Saskatoon they were already first in there conference and they just got better.

5. There hasnt been a weird way ive got injured 

6. Ottawa 

18 hours ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1.  Welcome @Phil and hire new player to the team. What is exciting about the latest recruit?
  "It feels really good that I'm not the only new guy on the team anymore. It's less...isolating, if that makes sense. Not that I feel isolated, its just a me thing. I"m just excited to have someone else who's new on the team." 

2. There was also  a trade. A S95 1st rounder for S94 4th AND S95 2nd. Is this a good trade building for the future?
  "I think it's better for longevity, but honestly I just play the game. Logistics are for...everyone else but me, if that makes sense." 

3. Should more have been done to load up for the Cup run?

"...What else were we supposed to do? Steroids? I think we've been playing extremely well and we're currently top of the league--I think. Let me check." Robin Sierra proceeded to google the standings. "Second. We're second. Which is still good, and I'm happy with how the team and I have played." 

4. What team made the biggest moves in this trade deadline?
  "Honestly no clue. I forgot trade deadlines were happening and totally didn't keep up with it." 

5. What is the weirdest way you have been injured?
  "I got hit by a car in the parking lot going into practice once. I was more mad I got hit by a Ford, but then the next day I couldn't walk. So." 

6. Which visiting team should I arrange hotel arrangements for?
  "...Philly? They seem alright." 

On 4/16/2024 at 4:02 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. Phil always has phenomenal players, and Sakic will be no different.

2. I think it's a pretty good trade, there are definitely steals to be found in the fourth round and to move down a few spots to acquire that pick is a good tradeoff.

3. I don't think so, we have a really strong and quickly improving group.

4. I'll say Saskatoon, they'll be a tough out in the playoffs for sure.

5. I jumped a wooden fence when I was a kid, and my shoelace got caught on a loose screw near the top of the fence and it pretty much hung me upside down for a second before I dropped on my head lol

6. I'll say Miami, they've got a pretty nice organization.

On 4/16/2024 at 3:02 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. Their exciting attitude and willingness to help us improve on the ice.

2. I think so!  It helps make sure we are in a good position to continue to contend with elite depth in the future.

3. We're in prime position and I feel really good about our chances.

4. Hard to say who made the biggest moves, but I think ours will have a really big impact in the future.

5. I jumped off a parked boat trying to dunk and fell.  Broke my ankle

6. NONE OF THEM!  Let them sleep in the streets for all I care

w4Xbeh8.png

For week ending on April 28, 2024

1.With the season comming to a close, what do you hope to accomplish before the season ends?

2. Is the Founder's Cup a two horse race between Ottawa and us?

3. What teammate had been the most  have been the most underrated?

4. What team are you looking forward to playing in the playoffs?

5. What is a hobby outside of hockey that your player enjoys?

6. With the NHL Playoffs underway, who is your pick to win it all?

To claim TPE:

image.png.19a2eab5936e6f0905a1d20bab6e6c98.png

1 hour ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

1.With the season comming to a close, what do you hope to accomplish before the season ends?

"My goal was to his 200TPE by the end of the season, and I reached that goal today so I'm happy with what I've done so far."

2. Is the Founder's Cup a two horse race between Ottawa and us?

"I wouldn't count any teams out and get that confident. Yes, Ottawa has a great team, as do we, but the playoffs are a whole different beast and we need to stay on top of our game in order to win the Cup."

3. What teammate had been the most  have been the most underrated?

"Connor Simard @Alex99 has quietly become a force on the team. He has been effective at both ends of the ice, earning a +32 rating so far and chipping in 48 points as well. It's important to have those types of players who can make a difference without taking any credit."

4. What team are you looking forward to playing in the playoffs?

"I look forward to our first round matchup, likely the Mississauga Hounds, because they've been chipping away all season and have added some players who can really help them come playoff time. They have been a tough matchup for us all season and I expect a good series."

5. What is a hobby outside of hockey that your player enjoys?

"I enjoy taking some time to myself and decompressing with walks in the park and on the beautiful Nova Scotia shoreline. Experiencing the city that I'm in while I'm here is important to me."

6. With the NHL Playoffs underway, who is your pick to win it all?

"I would love for the Leafs to finally turn things around and go all the way but, as a cynical Leafs fan, I don't have much hope."

1.With the season coming to a close, what do you hope to accomplish before the season ends?

Would like to have 72pts by the end of the season as a point per game pace is always a nice mark to reach. As a team we are only four points back of claiming the Prime Minister's Cup and have a game in hand so I would love to see us win out and maybe grab that trophy!!

Nope, Eight teams enter the playoff and all eight teams can win if you don`t take each team seriously. Considering we are either getting Mississauga or Philadelphia in the first round it looks like and Philadelphia for no reason rather had our number this season. Take these two teams lightly and we might be bounced in the first round.

Had been or have been make up your mind as I am no longer sure of the question!! What teammate has been the most underrated? Alexandr Novotny or maybe our veteran players Dustin Moore, Aanarsi Reingaard or John Season

Who every we meet in the first round than it will change to whomever we meet in the second etc... I won`t look past the first round!!

I like long romantic strolls along the beach at sunset or even sunrise, sitting in front of warm fireplace with a nice novel and going for early morning runs by the lake.

It really depends series on series as I have Dallas being a very tough out and can see them getting past Vegas but I cannot see them getting past Colorado but if the Jets get past Colorado; I can see the Jets getting past Dallas. Edmonton easily gets pasted LA but I think will struggle if the face Vancouver; but I cannot see Vancouver or Edmonton getting past Dallas but both would be one hell of a series between them and the Jets with a Canadian team in the finals!! East it is similar as I have Boston as the tough out in the East as I think they take who ever comes out of the Florida State series; yet I cannot see Toronto getting past either of them; maybe Tampa but it would be close. New York Rangers I would say walks to the Conference finals but I think Carolina will be a tough series for them while Islanders would be a push over in a great series of headlines. Boston & NYR East conference final is likely with edge going to Boston; I don`t know why but just how I feel.

So Likely Boston & Dallas final depending on how series go!! Dallas wins the cup, I think!!

happy ice hockey GIF by NHL

1. just hope to continue helping the team and getting better every game.

2. cant count any teams out. there can always be surprises

3. im not sure. could of been a few players 

4. no team i just wanna play our best against who ever we play

5. enjoys playing soccer when theres no hockey

6. its between the rangers and knights for me

Hopefully get atleast 20 pts but I'd be happy with just helping the team get more Ws

It may seem like that but playoffs are full of surprises. It's definitely a going to be a good battle

3. What teammate had been the most have been the most underrated?

There's a few players who have been underrated. Hard to pick just one

Ottawa definitely. We have been fighting for the 1st overall place. It could all be settled in the playoffs

Wouldn't call it a hobby as much as work.. but farm work

Vegas in the west and Hurricanes in the east

15 hours ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

1.With the season coming to a close, what do you hope to accomplish before the season ends?
  "...Raise the cup, honestly. It'd be such a move to hoist the cup. But even if I don't hoist the cup, I've already accomplished so much more than I ever expected to. I'm here, and I think that's enough cup or not." 

"...I really want to talk shit but I'm not going to and jinx the hell out of us." 

3. What teammate had been the most  have been the most underrated?
  "I don't hear a lot about Skilton, Shelby, or Reingard. They're all really solid and good players. And...Skilton's cute so he gets a pass."  

"Saskatoon, for...reasons." 

"I like reading, video games, normal Gen Z things, I guess. Ironically enough I collect Hockey Cards--Don't. Don't ask how many of myself I have just--just don't worry about it. I just want to make sure they get my likeness correct--" 

"I was born in Toronto, but I enjoy this thing called sanity. So the part of me born under Maple Leaves is rooting for Toronto, but the sensible part of me is rooting for the Oilers. I think my Agent is a Kraken fan, but...we know...we know how that went."

"rude." - ethan, agent of Robin Sierra

On 4/22/2024 at 7:46 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

1. Just wanna help this team win a championship 

2. Not gonna say it's between 2 Teams.. it's the playoffs anything can happen. 

3. To hard to pick just one player.

4. Playing my best hockey.

5. Keeping up with other sports that are going on.

6. I hope Florida wins it all....

On 4/23/2024 at 12:46 AM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

1. New to the team, so just get a bit of TOI

2. Playoff hockey is unpredictable, you never know

3. Not been here long enough to judge

4. I'm just looking forward to getting on the ice when I'm needed

5. Pub crawling 🍻

6. This is our year, go leafs go

On 4/22/2024 at 8:46 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

1. I'm hoping we win the cup!

2. I don't think so, the playoffs are very unpredictable and any team can make a run.

3. I think Webber has been consistently phenomenal this season.

4. Despite my 2nd answer, playing Ottawa would be a fun series.

5. Skiing with family.

6. I want to say the Canes but man does Florida ever look strong again this year.

On 4/22/2024 at 7:46 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

1. Main thing is to just enjoy this run with my teammates!

2. One horse race, baby!  HALIFAX!!!

3. I'd say the most underrated has been myself, while also being the most overrated because some say I'm the greatest of all time, but that's clearly not true.  Yet.

4. All of them. Bring me a bunch of teams to eliminate

5. Probably reading - I love a good book.

6. Let's go with the Avalanche.  Always liked them growing up

w4Xbeh8.png

For week ending on May 5, 2024

1. After a great first round series against Philadelphia, we are down by two games. How do we get back into the series?

2.  What is your offseason plans for your player?

3. What is a playoff superstition your player practices?

4. Are you paying attention to the playoffs in other leagues?

5. Halifax has never won the Founder's Cup. Is it our year?

6. Is Ovechkin done after the playoff sweep?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

P9EnSpl.png

Edited by Will3

1. After a great first round series against Philadelphia, we are down by two games. How do we get back into the series? Just need to keep working hard

2. What is your offseason plans for your player? Try to make him a real 2 way forward

3. What is a playoff superstition your player practices?

The way and ritual of taping my stick

4. Are you paying attention to the playoffs in other leagues?

I try to focus more on our own battle but I do take a look to other teams

5. Halifax has never won the Founder's Cup. Is it our year? Hopefully. If we keep working hard, I believe this team can win

6. Is Ovechkin done after the playoff sweep? No way. He's looking for the all times goal record

1. After a great first round series against Philadelphia, we are down by two games. How do we get back into the series?

These things happen more often than not sadly so as long as we keep our heads down and play our game than we should be able to get back into the series. We need a bit more from myself since 2pts in seven games simply isn`t good enough from a player that is expected to be leading this team in some way or form. We will see what happens.

2.  What is your offseason plans for your player?

It will be a very busy off season with two drafts with likely the VHL draft coming first so preparing for VHL draft interviews, the draft day festivities and than the draft (not sure the location yet or draft order). That should quickly be followed by the more important VHLE draft so a flight to Europe, maybe a interview since the teams tend not to interview as much and draft day festivities and likely visit to the city and teams facilities of what ever teams draft me since this will likely be where I will be play at least for a season. Than finally sometime to relax sort of with family as I am also going to be doing my off season training routine.

3. What is a playoff superstition your player practices?

Don`t have that many per say playoff superstitions but no shaving until you win the round, which is a bit different compared to most. As I will shave after every round as to start a fresh series with a fresh clean face etc... also no washing of lucky unders during around but after the round is over than they can be washed again so we have a fresh start to a new series.

4. Are you paying attention to the playoffs in other leagues?

I am trying too!! But the portal isn`t making it easy to follow this season.

5. Halifax has never won the Founder's Cup. Is it our year?

Everyone thinks it is their year but with eight teams entering the playoff it cannot be all eight teams year. Too many good

teams to be simply our year; we need to work, blood, sweet and tears to earn the cup and even than that might not be enough!!

6. Is Ovechkin done after the playoff sweep?

Retirement done? No, He will continue to play until he reaches either Gretzky goal record or 40 years old. So, two more season is my guess but should he retire? Yes!! As it is sad to see a player past his prime starting to struggle and he will be remember more for this than his scoring of the past!!

1. I have to get back to playing my best hockey.

2. Probably stay in the vhlm one more season hoping to be back with Halifax 

3. Just putting on some music that pumps me up.

4. I'm more worried about our team

5. As long as I get my head out of my ass a get us back in this series.. we have a great shot .

6. He's gonna play to break that record.