Help Me Catch Up With the VHL

eaglesfan036

?????

So It's been at least a year since I've seriously kept up with the VHL. I have to say I am very impressed with the new portal for updating and creating players and stuff, job well done to whoever made that. I am going to take a look at the teams and try and figure out who is good now and who is bad and all that fun stuff so here we go.

Who Is Good

Calgary Wranglers

I understand we are only 8 games into the season, but it warms my heart to see Calgary in 1st place, as they are my old team I GMd for the longest time. @Fire Hakstol tells me that the team has no won a cup since I managed the team in S44, making it the longest cup drought in the VHL. I am very sorry to hear that and hope they can turn things around. Looking at their roster, I see Michael Kinkaid on defense, and am wondering if he has any relation to that old scrub Kez Kinkaid. I am also annoyed that tpe count don't automatically show up in the titles of players' roster pages. Whoever Mats Johnson is has over 900 tpe, so I am assuming he is a really good defender, though with tpe inflation these days maybe I am off and that is nothing. @Bushito looks like he has made a pretty beastly goalie and hasn't gone inactive, so good on him. Hopefully he does go inactive soon so Calgary can win a cup.

HC Davos Dynamo

Davos is 5-2 so far, so hooray for them. Davos is such a stupid place to have a hockey team, where even is Davos? I honestly have no idea but google just told me it's in Switzerland. I see @CowboyinAmerica is a stud forward for Davos, I am too lazy to check but can someone tell me how his career went, and how he got from Seattle to Davos? I am curious because I know Cowboy always makes stud players. I like @Tyler's player name The Charm, and he looks like a good young piece for Davos. Now that I keep looking at Davos roster I think they have more just had good schedule luck to be in second place at this point, and they are more of an average roster.

Who Is Bad

New York Americans

It also warms my heart to see the Americans in last place. I have always hated the Americans, as everyone is all luck, "OMG SUCH A STORIED AND GREAT FRANCHIZE I LUV DEM" I have always hated those kinds of teams, as they often haven't done anything recently and are loved based on something that happened 20 years ago no one cares about (Looking at you Dallas Cowboys). I have no idea how the Americans have actually done recently, and maybe they have won 10 cups in a row and I will look silly. I will also forever hate New York for @STZ taking someone else's offer of worse draft picks for the same players. Now that I'm done ranting, @der meister looks like New York's best player, but he is old. If New York is actually a bad team, I suggest they trade their old good players for draft picks or good young players to help with a rebuild #Analysis. But I should stop giving New York advice because I hate them.

Bonus Question - Why is there a VHLM team called the Halifax 21st, what is that?

Edited by eaglesfan036

I'm only a few months back myself, but I'll see if I can help...

33 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I am very impressed with the new portal for updating and creating players and stuff, job well done to whoever made that.

Will

34 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Whoever Mats Johnson is has over 900 tpe, so I am assuming he is a really good defender, though with tpe inflation these days maybe I am off and that is nothing. @Bushito looks like he has made a pretty beastly goalie and hasn't gone inactive, so good on him. Hopefully he does go inactive soon so Calgary can win a cup.

Johnsson is Quik, and Bushito is the GM now so if he goes inactive they would take a pretty heavy fall pretty quickly

35 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Now that I keep looking at Davos roster I think they have more just had good schedule luck to be in second place at this point, and they are more of an average roster.

They won the Continental Cup last year with a roster that from what I can tell hasn't changed very much, so...yeah.

37 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I have no idea how the Americans have actually done recently, and maybe they have won 10 cups in a row and I will look silly.

They were pretty competitive last year but lost their starting goalie to retirement, found a new GM, and now they're in rebuild mode.

38 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Bonus Question - Why is there a VHLM team called the Halifax 21st, what is that?

There have been a ton of incoming recruits over the last few seasons and the VHLM rosters have been pretty full, so they expanded this season to help give more people more playing time.

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

New York Americans

It also warms my heart to see the Americans in last place. I have always hated the Americans, as everyone is all luck, "OMG SUCH A STORIED AND GREAT FRANCHIZE I LUV DEM" I have always hated those kinds of teams, as they often haven't done anything recently and are loved based on something that happened 20 years ago no one cares about (Looking at you Dallas Cowboys). I have no idea how the Americans have actually done recently, and maybe they have won 10 cups in a row and I will look silly. I will also forever hate New York for @STZ taking someone else's offer of worse draft picks for the same players. Now that I'm done ranting, @der meister looks like New York's best player, but he is old. If New York is actually a bad team, I suggest they trade their old good players for draft picks or good young players to help with a rebuild #Analysis. But I should stop giving New York advice because I hate them.

=(

• Admin

I am also annoyed that tpe count don't automatically show up in the titles of players' roster pages.

It's a weird one to get used to, but actually even easier to track in the portal (you can filter by team, position, draft year). 900 TPE probably means less now than it used to but there aren't a lot of high TPE players atm so it actually still does this season.

"OMG SUCH A STORIED AND GREAT FRANCHIZE I LUV DEM"

I find that quite weird cuz they were anything but storied til basically S32. 4 lost finals in a row, not really much better than Vasteras.

Just now, Victor said:

It's a weird one to get used to, but actually even easier to track in the portal (you can filter by team, position, draft year). 900 TPE probably means less now than it used to but there aren't a lot of high TPE players atm so it actually still does this season.

I find that quite weird cuz they were anything but storied til basically S32. 4 lost finals in a row, not really much better than Vasteras.

yeah but i didn't really join until like the S30s and anything that happened before me is irrelevant because I am life

• Admin
Just now, eaglesfan036 said:

yeah but i didn't really join until like the S30s and anything that happened before me is irrelevant because I am life

yeah but then you hate them because you've only seen them win, not because they claim to be storied. :P

Just admit you're a sore loser.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

yeah but then you hate them because you've only seen them win, not because they claim to be storied. :P

Just admit you're a sore loser.

That's not really why either, the team I hate the most sore loser wise is Helsinki having lost to them in back to back finals

4 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I think it was only 2 seasons in a row. And it hurts more when you are the GM

S33 - NYA - Lost to Riga in Finals

S32 - RIG - Lost to New York in Finals

Yeah you're right it was just 2 losses in the finals. I thought it was more.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

S33 - NYA - Lost to Riga in Finals

S32 - RIG - Lost to New York in Finals

Yeah you're right it was just 2 losses in the finals. I thought it was more.

time flies when you're having fun