Ryan Sullivan Jr. Press Conference

Advantage

• Admin

1. Big shoes to fill, how do you rank your chances of doing so?

2. I found out recently (a full article is coming soon, maybe next week) that Angelo still has the most assists for a rookie ever. Surprising?

3. Any preferences on which teams you'd like to join this time around in the VHL?

4. Where do you sit in terms of ever bringing back the Cologne Express - yay or nay?

5. What are you after this time around - awards or just something to pass the time?

1. How was the off and on break? 

2. Do you ever think we'll get Kyle back on the site, legit?

3. Who was your favorite player in your agencies history? Why?

4. Now the a lot of the VHL has seen some overhaul, what is the next overly large change that you'd like to see, if at all?

5. Did she really get her? I think she got her? What if she didn't get her? 

On 9/15/2018 at 11:38 AM, Victor said:

1. Big shoes to fill, how do you rank your chances of doing so?

2. I found out recently (a full article is coming soon, maybe next week) that Angelo still has the most assists for a rookie ever. Surprising?

3. Any preferences on which teams you'd like to join this time around in the VHL?

4. Where do you sit in terms of ever bringing back the Cologne Express - yay or nay?

5. What are you after this time around - awards or just something to pass the time?

1. Possible but admittedly the league is very different now.  With the way goaltending has gone, I could see him surpass Sr. offensively but it's a lofty goal and RS's career was fortunate with catching everything at the perfect time to be successful and on tremendous teams.

2. Not surprised at all really.  Could have seen things change this year with the way goaltending is but I have been keeping pretty close tabs on that record as it's still something I'm pretty proud of coming from my first player in the VHL.

3. I don't think so.  There are some people I'd like to play with but I think I'm just going to enjoy my time no matter who I am on.

4. Well they got stripped from me when they had a nice future ahead of them so I'd have to say nay.  If you're going to take out the legs in the first place, don't bring the same team back.  Plus with who influenced the team in the first place, and their situation with the league, maybe best to make a chance if we are expanding.

5. Looking to enjoy things again but awards and cups are of course a bonus.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:09 PM, Devise said:

1. How was the off and on break? 

2. Do you ever think we'll get Kyle back on the site, legit?

3. Who was your favorite player in your agencies history? Why?

4. Now the a lot of the VHL has seen some overhaul, what is the next overly large change that you'd like to see, if at all?

5. Did she really get her? I think she got her? What if she didn't get her? 

1. It was fine.  Was definitely more off than on other than doing a few updating favours for some of my GM's.  It's nice to be back though.

2. No, I don't think so.  With his soon-to-be-wife and the channel I don't see him having much interest in adding more to his plate when he already seems incredibly busy.

3. Sullivan.  First star..HOF...cups...Labatte's...one of the greatest ever.  Some fun teams he played on too including the team I GM'd.

4. Just some more additions to the Portal.  That is clearly the way this league needs to go and it is a big reason we are seeing such great engagement league-wide I think.

5. But whose side was she on?

1.) How do you think the VHL, EFL, and SBA would be if the shared PT system was never put into place? Would each league be struggling?

2.) What do you think of the current state of the VHLM? Is it the strongest its ever been?

3.) Are there any awards you haven't won that you would like to win this time around?

4.) Why does it seem like you always make defensemen and not forwards?

5.) Making another player with the same last name as a previous player? How lame do you think that is?

1. What is one thing you'd change about the league if you could?

2. Do you think we'll ever see you GM again? 

3. If you made another player who was the son of Ryan Sullivan Jr., and his name was also Ryan Sullivan, what would he go by? Is there something after Sr and Jr.?
4. Who is the Cody Rhodes of the VHL memberbase?

5. Move a franchise and come up with a team name/city. Also, you know, explain why and all that. 

On 9/22/2018 at 9:38 AM, Fire Hakstol said:

1.) How do you think the VHL, EFL, and SBA would be if the shared PT system was never put into place? Would each league be struggling?

2.) What do you think of the current state of the VHLM? Is it the strongest its ever been?

3.) Are there any awards you haven't won that you would like to win this time around?

4.) Why does it seem like you always make defensemen and not forwards?

5.) Making another player with the same last name as a previous player? How lame do you think that is?

I don't think the SBA or EFL would necessarily be struggling but I do think given where the VHL was at, at the time, it did benefit this league a lot and then the other additions really put it over the top.

I can't really say cause I haven't been around for long but it seems to be in a very good place and the discussion and activity is at the highest I have seen in a while.

I have yet to ever win a MVP Trophy so that would definitely be a big one.  Not sure if there is much else I haven't won or care to win but that's the big one for me.  More cups too.

Probably cause I have never had a forward I kept around long enough to be successful.  I believe I've made three (Rask, Dupont and Mueller).  Rask retired cause I was going to be without internet for a few months and didn't want to screw someone.  Dupont I retired to create a goalie for the team I GM'd.  And Mueller I stepped away due to being stripped of Cologne's GM spot and needing a break.  But with Angelo and Sullivan I've had really successful defenders.  Lane too even won Top Defensive Defender once and seemed to be a solid #2 pairing defender while I was gone.

Eh lame..maybe.  That being said, I was at my most interested with Sullivan and it gives me some goals to shoot for and a nice narrative for me to write about.  Makes it a little easy for me.  

1. What do you wish you knew when you first joined the site?

2. What advice would you have for me as I just created a center?

3. Who do you admire rn in the VHL?

4. Who do you consider the GOAT?

5. What is the most overrated rating?

P.S. you should update Bolt in EFL :P 

On 9/22/2018 at 8:24 PM, Devise said:

1. What is one thing you'd change about the league if you could?

2. Do you think we'll ever see you GM again? 

3. If you made another player who was the son of Ryan Sullivan Jr., and his name was also Ryan Sullivan, what would he go by? Is there something after Sr and Jr.?
4. Who is the Cody Rhodes of the VHL memberbase?

5. Move a franchise and come up with a team name/city. Also, you know, explain why and all that. 

1.  That's a good question.  There are certainly some things I would change about the league, but I have to say the league is running super smoothly right now.  I think if possible I would like to improve to a more updated sim engine that can present more statisitcs, but in a way that won't complicate the realism that our sim provides.

2. Yeah I think so.  Not sure when but one of my goals is to get to 1000 wins as a General Manager and I really enjoyed being one.

3. Ryan Sullivan III

4. Someone who is talented, diverse and influential..I would say Will perhaps.  I think his influence on the league and helping shape things despite not being in the league long would make him an apt comparison.

5. Move Riga Reign to Cologne Express cause that logo and name >

On 9/29/2018 at 10:43 PM, JG10 said:

1. What do you wish you knew when you first joined the site?

2. What advice would you have for me as I just created a center?

3. Who do you admire rn in the VHL?

4. Who do you consider the GOAT?

5. What is the most overrated rating?

P.S. you should update Bolt in EFL :P 

1. I wish I understood more about the PT system because I was a bit of a semi-active for a while when I first joined.

2. Skating and Defense are a must and then go from there.  Wouldn't add much to checking only because you have an extra attribute to faceoffs to add to already.  

3. I don't know if I really admire anyone but I have a lot of friends here (Devise, UZI, Muffins, Jason, etc.) and they know I'd go to bat for them any time.  There are a lot of members I haven't gotten to know as much as I'd like to as well.

4. Scotty probably is but it's tough to compare the first players to one's now.  A lot of players have really come in and competed with other first decade players like O'Malley, Jenkins, etc. which is pretty impressive.

5. That's an interesting question and a bit of a hard one to answer as it really depends on what kind of player you want to play as.  I feel like though that I read once that if you have passing you don't really need to go insane with puckhandling so maybe that one...though I don't know how true that statement was.

P.S. Will probably do though he will stay as a capped NCAA player until forced in I think.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:22 AM, Advantage said:

5. Move Riga Reign to Cologne Express cause that logo and name >

mjgrin.png you wish

1. Is Toronto your #1 destination?

2. Would you be ok with playing in Riga with Pajari instead?

3. Will you try to bring back Cologne if you're becoming an expansion team GM? (if this will happpen)

4. Do you think you're the greatest GM here?

5. Are you still upset you couldn't win with Stockholm although having a very good roster?

11 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

mjgrin.png you wish

1. Is Toronto your #1 destination?

2. Would you be ok with playing in Riga with Pajari instead?

3. Will you try to bring back Cologne if you're becoming an expansion team GM? (if this will happpen)

4. Do you think you're the greatest GM here?

5. Are you still upset you couldn't win with Stockholm although having a very good roster?

1. Not really.  I'd happily play for Devise and it's certainly a comfort pick but I don't think I have a specific #1 position at this point.  I'm less concerned about the GM and more about the overall team.

2. Sure, if the team compensation makes sense for it.

3. Maybe but rehashing is overall kinda lame imo.  Cologne shouldn't have been the team taken away imo but alas the league moved on and given what happened to the originator of that name, I wouldn't be upset with it not resurfacing.

4. Ever? I think there is a case for about 3 or 4 of us at this point and I'd say I'm among those that can make a case.  @Higgins has had a really tremendous run though while I had success with Stockholm but never was able to get that elusive cup.

5. A little.  Alas, I put a great team together for a while and it just wasn't meant to be.  A lot of fun with the guys on that roster though.

• 1 month later...

1. As we close into the end of the season, honest prediction, where does Sully Jr go in the draft overall, and to what team?

2. Seems to be a mix of hate/love going on regarding Brands. A lot of the newer members/faces repping it/into it and some of the older guard not. What is the reason you think for this? 

3. On that note, will the VHL ever be able to find a long term solution to quiet some of the stagnation that a certain group of members feels, without it feeling gimmicky or like a flavor of the month to the old guard?

4. How likely is it that Sully Jr makes the HoF?

5. Who was your favorite player out of all your former ones, and why?

6. If you had to endure an entire 8 season player career with any one of my previous players, who would you pick and why? 

16 hours ago, Devise said:

1. As we close into the end of the season, honest prediction, where does Sully Jr go in the draft overall, and to what team?

2. Seems to be a mix of hate/love going on regarding Brands. A lot of the newer members/faces repping it/into it and some of the older guard not. What is the reason you think for this? 

3. On that note, will the VHL ever be able to find a long term solution to quiet some of the stagnation that a certain group of members feels, without it feeling gimmicky or like a flavor of the month to the old guard?

4. How likely is it that Sully Jr makes the HoF?

5. Who was your favorite player out of all your former ones, and why?

6. If you had to endure an entire 8 season player career with any one of my previous players, who would you pick and why? 

1. Number one overall if I had to guess and uh...whoever wins the lottery....which I suppose Toronto has the best odds for given their two picks...so my guess is Toronto.

2. Because the older guard saw the massive fail of the Super Cup and this honestly just reminds me a lot of it.  No one cares about it.  My brand's club has three posts ever and its true that basically no one reps it.

3. Maybe one day.  As of now, I just feel every idea that has come out is gimmicky.  But then again there is a lot I probably don't know given I am no longer in the Board of Governors.  @Beketov @Quik

4. I think decent.  I will hit very high TPE goals so as long as he performs as expected and is in a good situation, I think there is a good chance.

5. Sullivan.  As I've said before, way too much success and highs for him not to be.

6. Logan Laich.  I'd add to skating right off the bat though :P  I'd embrace the goals, hits and penalties motto.

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@Advantage

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@Advantage

I have to go with Trudeau and he would win by running around like a bitch and Trump having a heart attack...idk just not trump

Pigs? Idk I love the smell of bacon yum

Hockey/Baseball.  Canadiens and Jays. Though Raptors and NBA are right there as well.

Marry - Blake Lively

Fuck - Margot Robbie

Kill - Beyoncé 

Teleporter cause I want to travel the world but I’m too broke

• 2 weeks later...

1. Are you gonna be frustrated if for some reasons Sullivan Jr. isn't going #1 OV?

2. Are you still hoping to play one day in a team you never played for?

3. You're probably one of only two recreate players in this draft. How it is to see much active first gens?

4. Are you hoping for an expansion? Cause you want to return to GM'ing, I assume.

5. Your reaction if some first gen gonna call his player Ryan Sullivan?

On 12/16/2018 at 3:50 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Are you gonna be frustrated if for some reasons Sullivan Jr. isn't going #1 OV?

2. Are you still hoping to play one day in a team you never played for?

3. You're probably one of only two recreate players in this draft. How it is to see much active first gens?

4. Are you hoping for an expansion? Cause you want to return to GM'ing, I assume.

5. Your reaction if some first gen gonna call his player Ryan Sullivan?

Nah I wouldn't care either way.

Yeah that was my plan all along but things don't always happen that way so we will see what happens.

It's a good sign for a league that use to go the other way for drafts.  It's a great sign when it seems to happen every draft.

Eh idk.  Whatever is best for the league.  I won't prob return to GM'ing for a while ultimately.

They can be the third best in league history to have that name.

1.) What are your thoughts on a defensive defenseman award?

2.) What are your thoughts on the new trend of Assistant GMs in the VHL?

3.) What are your thoughts removing GM players automatically from their team?

4.) Do you in any way miss the shit show the VHL was from time to time from S1-S35ish?

5.) Would you view it as a positive or a negative if a bunch of young @Keslers joined the site and were active?

Ask me questions!

@Advantage

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

1.) What are your thoughts on a defensive defenseman award?

2.) What are your thoughts on the new trend of Assistant GMs in the VHL?

3.) What are your thoughts removing GM players automatically from their team?

4.) Do you in any way miss the shit show the VHL was from time to time from S1-S35ish?

5.) Would you view it as a positive or a negative if a bunch of young @Keslers joined the site and were active?

Ask me questions!

@Advantage

1. I don't mind it in theory.  I would much prefer a sim engine that was able to track defensive statistics better but ultimately I like the idea of rewarding defense to shine some light on other player builds.

2. I don't mind it but ultimately it depends on how much the main GM's allow.  In reality, these positions have been around forever.  A lot of us have given others line jobs or maybe draft repping or even just having someone to run ideas around.  If it works as an actual stepping stone that is great, but it has to be utilized correctly and someone like myself for me prob wouldn't.

3. I always liked the idea of GM players being automatically moved to their team but I can't say I am as versed in these discussions to provide a reason why outside of the fact that it is what I'm used to and feel it has worked well over the course of our league.

4. Sometimes.  It was a fun time and the league was very active, but ultimately I like how active the league is now and it seems to still have a lot less of the shit show.

5. Positive probably.  I have nothing against Kesler.  He was a kid but we all were once.  Ultimately, if it means we get a lot more active players that eventually will grow up, I'd call that a plus.

1) What was your favorite season as a GM?

2) What was your favorite non-GM season just as a player?

3) Do you remember when New York beat Riga in the finals, then you traded for me and we lost to Riga in the finals the next year?

4) I remember you, Devise, and Jericho all actually met up in real life one time. Has that happened again?

5) Excluding possibly yourself, who do you think is the best VHL GM in history?

On 1/7/2019 at 12:31 AM, eaglesfan036 said:

1) What was your favorite season as a GM?

2) What was your favorite non-GM season just as a player?

3) Do you remember when New York beat Riga in the finals, then you traded for me and we lost to Riga in the finals the next year?

4) I remember you, Devise, and Jericho all actually met up in real life one time. Has that happened again?

5) Excluding possibly yourself, who do you think is the best VHL GM in history?

That's pretty tough to say honestly but probably my first Continental Cup with the Americans.  That was a fun dynasty and to win the Continental Cup for the first time, that was a fantastic year to be a General Manager.

Probably the season that Angelo broke the rookie record.  That was one of the funner seasons I have had and its still a rookie record that stands.

Yeah traded for you and Sterling's goaltender and they won with Jehovah.  Still don't get that.

Not all together.  That being said I have visited Kyle multiple teams including for over a week about a year ago.  Also visited Ryan a couple of times when visiting my girlfriend while she lived in Alberta.  I'll probably see Kyle this summer and certainly in September when he gets married and hopefully Ryan is there too.

I would say that there are quite a few candidates, but @Higgins certainly gave me a run for my money for quite some time.