Ryan Sullivan Jr. Press Conference

Advantage

1) How active would you consider yourself to be on VHL nowadays?

2) Who is your favorite non Devise/Jericho person on the VHL

3) Who is your least favorite person on the VHL?

4) What would be more exciting to you? Winning 6 cups with your player and putting up okay numbers, or winning 1 cup with your player but put up hall of fame numbers

5) Have you ever put any life things on hold to attend a VHL Draft / make a trade or whatever? Even something like go check your phone while out at a group outing or something

On 1/24/2019 at 1:22 AM, eaglesfan036 said:

1) How active would you consider yourself to be on VHL nowadays?

2) Who is your favorite non Devise/Jericho person on the VHL

3) Who is your least favorite person on the VHL?

4) What would be more exciting to you? Winning 6 cups with your player and putting up okay numbers, or winning 1 cup with your player but put up hall of fame numbers

5) Have you ever put any life things on hold to attend a VHL Draft / make a trade or whatever? Even something like go check your phone while out at a group outing or something

1. I would say pretty active.  About as active as I was when I used to GM.  I have a lot going in my life with my job, the girl and the channel, but I still get on every day to check stuff out and make sure to get my stuff done every week.

2. That's a tough one.  I haven't had the chance to meet anyone outside of @Phil who was a real good dude.  So he'd probably have to be up there as would @BOOM™ who I have been close with for a long time and have known longer than almost everyone else in this league.  Ultimately, my answer would be @Tagger though who I have literally known for longer than the VHL has been around and was actually the guy who recruited me to sim leagues.  He and I have been close for a while and he has been a constant contributor on our channel too so he's a great all-around dude.

3. It was Boubabi probably but alas he is gone now so I don't really think I have a least favourite person.  Honestly, seems like even the clowns grew up and I really like the majority of the people.  Maybe someone like Penny or Nyko though, not sure, but I really don't have a true dislike for anyone.

4. Probably the cup and Hall of Fame numbers.  Ultimately both would be fun but I do like to have a successful player so that it doesn't feel like I'm wasting my time.  I'd prefer 6 cups and hall of fame numbers though :P

5. Oh absolutely...constantly.  I once did a VHL Draft as a GM during my class cause it was the only day that worked for multiple General Managers.

• 1 month later...

1. Do you plan to apply for GM'ing an expansion team (if the expansion happens)?

2. Were you excited when you got the RoTY? Like you won much before with different players.

3. What's the reason of NY's so-so start?

4. Do you feel like Twinger is underperforming for some reason?

5. Do people still confuse you with KO?

6. Do you watch wrestling nowadays?

7. How's New York LR?

8. Which LR is more active - forum or discord?

9. Are you afraid NY might miss the playoffs?

10. Can Devise be put as the TOP 5 (at least) GM after the last season?

On 3/10/2019 at 5:01 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Do you plan to apply for GM'ing an expansion team (if the expansion happens)?

2. Were you excited when you got the RoTY? Like you won much before with different players.

3. What's the reason of NY's so-so start?

4. Do you feel like Twinger is underperforming for some reason?

5. Do people still confuse you with KO?

1. I definitely think so.  I would be up for a new challenge and that would be a great way to enter back into the GM fold.

2. Absolutely.  I wasn't sure if I was going to win and it's something my player's father did so it was pretty excited to match the feat.  Now for the three Labattes! ?

3. I think offensively we aren't clicking but part of it is a bit of unfortunate sim luck (or lack thereof).  Our shooting percentage is awful and I think that will come around as the season goes on.  Ultimately, we are also a young team that should improve as the season goes on as well.

4. A bit yeah..pretty hard to argue with that.  I think I expected 90 points or so and he just isn't on pace for it at this point.  We will see if he picks it up though.

5. Haha, a lot of people seem to think I look like him? I don't completely disagree to be honest.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:01 PM, hedgehog337 said:

6. Do you watch wrestling nowadays?

7. How's New York LR?

8. Which LR is more active - forum or discord?

9. Are you afraid NY might miss the playoffs?

10. Can Devise be put as the TOP 5 (at least) GM after the last season?

6. Not so much...maybe highlights but once AEW comes around, I absolutely will! I'm so buzzed for it.

7. It's not bad.  Our discord is pretty active and everyone seems to be in good spirits overall.

8. Definitely discord but the forum still usually has posts every day it seems.

9.  A little...but I think our time will come either way.  I'm not really afraid but perhaps I would rather say that I'm a bit disappointed with how our season has gone.  As long as the team goes in the right direction though, I won't overly be too concerned though.

10. Sure, he was probably in the conversation already.  I would say myself, Higgins, Knight, Devise and some of the old guys are there too off the top of my head.  Mike and Greg have longevity but mixed bag of success while Molholt had short reigns with a lot of success while I think Frank did quite well if I remember correctly..  Devise has had a ton of success but hasn't previously shown much ability in rebuilding (or interest in doing it really).  However, his success in winning is hard to argue with.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Who actually made the Malmo logo?

2. Have you decided about the direction for the next season? rebuild/compete?

3. Do you want to see teams expose younger or more skilled players?

4. Do you hope nobody gonna break your record? (on both most wins and most cumulative seasons as a GM)

5. Is choosing the bird mascot an ode to Vasteras? 

6. Who you prefer to draft, first gens or old school members?

7. Will you create another D as a GM player?

8. Dean Ambrose ---> AEW?

9. Uso's ---> AEW?

10. Are yall still doing Pajodcast?

On 4/1/2019 at 6:45 AM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Who actually made the Malmo logo?

2. Have you decided about the direction for the next season? rebuild/compete?

3. Do you want to see teams expose younger or more skilled players?

4. Do you hope nobody gonna break your record? (on both most wins and most cumulative seasons as a GM)

5. Is choosing the bird mascot an ode to Vasteras? 

1. The Malmo logo was made by a creator from another site.  He had already created it and was selling it but it was blue and had Articuno instead of Nighthawks.  So we asked for a name change and colour change to Acid Green and the rest is history basically.

2. I think it has basically been undetermined yet until the lists come out.  Ultimately I could look at some veteran guys in Expansion but it all depends on how old and then I'd have to really weigh whether or not I could move them down the road.  Right now the selling market sucks for value so we will have to see.  All depends on who other teams protect.

3. I mean I'm not really sure yet.  Ideally both :P

4. I don't believe I own most cumulative but I do plan on doing so after this run.  Yeah, I mean I'd love to obviously own the records for pretty much as long as possible.  My ego always likes the boost.

5. Absolutely not.  Was an ode to the Malmo Redhawks SHL team.  

1. Are you afraid the son of Connor Low will be even better than his dad and in turn much better than any Sullivan to ever play in the league

2. What do you like the most about being back in NY with another player

3. What do you dislike the most about being in NY with another player

4. How many awards will be in Sullivans future

5. What are your overall goals with Sullivan. Are they more teams based or individual based

@Advantage See you in Sweden soon?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 6:45 AM, hedgehog337 said:

6. Who you prefer to draft, first gens or old school members?

7. Will you create another D as a GM player?

8. Dean Ambrose ---> AEW?

9. Uso's ---> AEW?

10. Are yall still doing Pajodcast?

6. Depends.  In the past, definitely old school members and there are certainly some here I have a good friendship with (Devise, TFong, Smarch are all examples), but with how the league has evolved, first gens are becoming far more attractive with every draft.  There is a new level of excitement for so many of them.

7. As you now know, I did not.  I want to make a successful forward for once, and I find defense you don't need to have as much talent as you do up front.

8. I think so, but it also wouldn't totally surprise me to see him go back to WWE after six months or so.  

9. Apparently they signed back with WWE but I wish....I really freaking wish.

10. yep, we still do Pajodcast Media on Youtube.  We are over 1200 videos or so at this point.  Mostly video game coverage.

On 4/2/2019 at 2:15 PM, omgitshim said:

1.) How did your team react to your Retirement April Fools' joke?

2.) Assuming you make the playoffs, do you think you have a legit shot at the championship?

3.) What has been the most surprising thing to you about this season?

@Advantage

1. No real response to be honest.  I think they all knew it wasn't legit.  It also wasn't an April Fools joke.  It was done so I could create my other player without Malmo needing to be added to the portal.

2. I think we had the team to be competitive, but we are still a bit young and ultimately I think a little underdeveloped compared to the league's best.

3. I'm a bit surprised about Toronto's offense being so dominant but they do have the weapons to have that kind of success I suppose.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, Smarch said:

1. Are you afraid the son of Connor Low will be even better than his dad and in turn much better than any Sullivan to ever play in the league

2. What do you like the most about being back in NY with another player

3. What do you dislike the most about being in NY with another player

4. How many awards will be in Sullivans future

5. What are your overall goals with Sullivan. Are they more teams based or individual based

@Advantage See you in Sweden soon?

1. If he plays for Malmo, I have no fears :P  I feel happy that most consider Sullivan #2 all-time behind you.

2. Well it's a familiar team and they have some really good members on the team so it's a pretty comfortable environment.

3. I have made it clear that I would like to play for some other teams as I have spent a ton of my time in the league with the Americans.

4. I hope to take at least one Labatte Trophy but we will see.  I hope I mainly see Continental Cups cause that's really the main thing I care about.

5. Definitely team based.  Though I suppose once I have Malmo competitive, I'll want them to be more successful team wise, so that philosophy could change.

And I sure hope so ❤️  Maybe I won't move you to forward this time :P 

1.) This question may be pre-mature, but how many seasons do you envision it will take for Malmo to become a Continental Cup contender?

2.) Do you feel the VHL is expanding at too fast a pace from the perspective of the number of VHL and VHLM teams?

3.) Do you feel the VHL is expanding at too fast a pace from the perspective of the number of members?

4.) Does a bigger league with more members automatically mean the league will be better? Is there something to be said about having a smaller, more tight-knit league?

5.) In your opinion, is it too easy to hit the weekly TPE cap?

Don't forget to stop by and ask me questions!

@Advantage

On 4/20/2019 at 12:22 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

1.) This question may be pre-mature, but how many seasons do you envision it will take for Malmo to become a Continental Cup contender?

2.) Do you feel the VHL is expanding at too fast a pace from the perspective of the number of VHL and VHLM teams?

3.) Do you feel the VHL is expanding at too fast a pace from the perspective of the number of members?

4.) Does a bigger league with more members automatically mean the league will be better? Is there something to be said about having a smaller, more tight-knit league?

5.) In your opinion, is it too easy to hit the weekly TPE cap?

Don't forget to stop by and ask me questions!

@Advantage

1. That's tough to say but I don't think as many as some people think it will.  With how good this draft is and with how I did in the Expansion Draft, I really like our future and could see us being competitive pretty quickly.

2. Not really.  We have the numbers for it.  Depends how much further we go with it though.  I think building some consistent drafts before expanding again would be smart.

3. No I think the more members the better.  As long as we can keep bringing in fresh blood, I'm okay with it.

4. Smaller and tight-knit is fine until that smaller group starts losing interest which is what was happening at one point.  The activity has honestly brought back more of the older guys than anything.

5. Yeah but I think I'm okay with that.

On 4/29/2019 at 3:12 PM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

1. How do you feel about being traded?

2. Thoughts on who you're going to draft in the upcoming draft?

3. Were you happy with what was available in the Expansion draft?

4. How do you think Malmo will do in Season 1?

5. Will you draft for team need or BPA?

1. Don't really have a huge opinion on it.  I'm excited to be a contending team in Toronto and have nothing against Spade or the Americans.  They are happy with the direction they are going in and I get to form arguably the best top defensive pairing in the league alongside Tzuyu.

2. I don't really have too many thoughts because frankly it's a very competitive draft class where I could see myself going with five or ten different names for each pick.  Should be a good draft though.  That is for sure.

3. For the most part.  A little disappointed that I had to take someone who hadn't been on the site in three weeks but that is the way the activity rule works.  Was very pleased otherwise though and I was able to form a group that is excited to be part of the Malmo Nighthawks and have goals in mind going forward.

4. I think we will be decent and will be a team that can keep game's close.  I do think we will be in a fight for the playoffs and should finish ahead of Moscow, but again, with much being unknown for this off-season, we will know much more once the season begins.

5. I think I'd be lying if I didn't say need will be considered, especially given my forward heavy expansion draft.  That being said, I do believe in BPA and will be looking at both factors for sure.

• 6 months later...

1. You just had an incredible season. Do you think you can be a reliable 95+  point guy?

2. What is the earliest you would take RSJ in fantasy next year?

3. Malmo just lost in the finals- how will we replace Thompson on the first line?

4. I'm pretty sure you recently went to a VHL members bachelor party. How many VHL members have you met in real life?

5. Favorite ever VHL memory?

6. What was your biggest draft steal in recent memory?

@Advantage