Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

125757334_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.a5e5171a980dbaaf50477c22ece8283b.jpg

Will we ever lose? (jinx)

Can the start of the regular season actually be any better for the Vancouver Wolves? Not missing a beat after winning the cup the team has simply put up a modest 12-0-1 having everyone else around the league wondering when will Vancouver lose in regulation? What has gone right for the team and is there anything that the team could improve? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Not to sound silly here but did anyone expect us to start the season 12-0-1? What has been the biggest surprise been so far in the new season? Why?

2. Nezuko @Baozi steps straight into the team and leads the wolves in points; was this expected when Nezuko @Baozi first signed in Vancouver or did you expect them to take time building chemistry with their new line mates?

3. Is there any question around who our current MVP has been this season? Who do you think it is and why?

4. Our two rookies, Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ and Jens Lekman @Bobcat have now played a dozen games in the VHL; How would you rate them in the first dozen games?

(Scale 1-10)

5. What has been the most impress aspect of the current team record and is there anything you think could be improved?

6. Riddle: In Hockey, which players have the best apartments?

Spoiler

Answer: Goalies!! They have the biggest pads!!

What a start to the season but remember it is a long season and

we are still miles away from the Goal!!

Christmas Hockey GIF by ROOT SPORTS NW

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

13 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

125757334_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.a5e5171a980dbaaf50477c22ece8283b.jpg

Can the start of the regular season actually be any better for the Vancouver Wolves? Not missing a beat after winning the cup the team has simply put up a modest 12-0-1 having everyone else around the league wondering when will Vancouver lose in regulation? What has gone right for the team and is there anything that the team could improve? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Not to sound silly here but did anyone expect us to start the season 12-0-1? What has been the biggest surprise been so far in the new season? Why?

2. Nezuko @Baozi steps straight into the team and leads the wolves in points; was this expected when Nezuko @Baozi first signed in Vancouver or did you expect them to take time building chemistry with their new line mates?

3. Is there any question around who our current MVP has been this season? Who do you think it is and why?

4. Our two rookies, Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ and Jens Lekman @Bobcat have now played a dozen games in the VHL; How would you rate them in the first dozen games?

(Scale 1-10)

5. What has been the most impress aspect of the current team record and is there anything you think could be improved?

Reveal hidden contents

1. Sometimes a change of scenery in a locker room and new faces on the team can make all the difference.

2. Sometimes a player needs a new horizon. So that's what Nezuko found with the Wolves. A new message to bring. 

3. The MVP is an honorable title when a player leads by example and that's all Nezuko does! I agree with that.

4. I know the two young men here well. We were all on the road to Rome. We were able to show interest in the wolves and here we are. I am confident in them. I hope I don't disappoint in the net.

5. Even though Fuhr is excelling right now, I think we should give him a break. Too much use of a goalkeeper can sometimes be the end of a good climb 

6. I don't know who? 

11 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Scale 1-10)

Reveal hidden contents

1. Not in my wildest dreams. The biggest surprise for me was Nezuko. I knew they're an amazing player with two 40-goals season already, but actually playing with such a player is something else.

2. I've already spoken about Nezuko in my first answer. I really wasn't expecting such a rocket start from them. And they don't look like slowing down.

3. You see what Brandt Fuhr does back in the net? Yeah...

4. I'm...whelmed...by my player. About what I expected. Not a liability, and chipping in with a point here and there. I'd still like to hit 20 goals tho. Jens is looking really good, especially with their physicality in defensive zone. I can't wait to see Jeremy start some games.

5. We're top 3 in both the most shots for and the least shots against. That's just dominant. If I were to nitpick, I'd say we could use some improvement on penalty kill, we're "only" about average.

6. It's gonna be a pun, isn't it? I have no idea.

Edited by VattghernCZ
Oh I forgot about the 1-10 scale in question 4. 5 for Kerr, 7 for Lekman.

1. Probably noone expected that, but i am happy we are showing other team, that the cup is in the right hands.
2. He came already as a experienced player, so its not a surprise he started to collect points.
3. Still Fuhr for me, even in games where we cant score much, he is consistent in net and not allowing opponent teams to score.
4. They have a solid start as rookies, hope they continue in a good job.
5. How we play is impressing. And i guess nothing needs to be changed until this all work. we could improve our scoring as players.
6. Hmmm, the ones that make it feels like home.

10 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I expected us to do well but not to a 12-0-1 start. It looks like mgmt made all the right moves to keep us competitive and have another shot at winning the cup!

I thought it would have taken a little longer as it is a new team but goes to show how good of a player he is. He can come in and start producing right away. I can't wait to see how he does once he builds more chemistry with the Wolves players.

I think as of right now it has to be Fuhr. He has been playing lights out. Look at those stats! also 2 shutouts early on in the season is great. He is a big part why we have started off 12-0-1

(Scale 1-10)

Both have been playing well and contributing to the team. I give them both a 7 as it is just the start. By the time the end of season rolls around I can guarantee my rating of them will have changed!

I don't think there is anything we can improve at the moment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is the motto we should be using right now. Whatever it is that were doing seems to be working

That was a good one, couldn't even google it after I was stumped! Keep these riddles coming, always enjoy trying to figure these out

Reveal hidden contents

On 1/30/2023 at 10:23 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Scale 1-10)

Reveal hidden contents

1. I absolutely did!  I knew that the coaching staff would put us in the best position to be successful this season.

2. After spending ice-time with them, I'm not at all surprised.  Incredible talent!

3. I think our current MVP has to be our front office.  They made some really key moves to keep us successful.

4. 10!  We're lucky to have them

5. Most impressive attribute has been our camaraderie.  We all play really well together

6. uhh....centers?

i'd be lying if I saud I expected it. But we have a great group so anything is possible. I think the biggest surprise is our 5 on 5 play in a league with so much parity.

2. Nezuko @Baozi steps straight into the team and leads the wolves in points; was this expected when Nezuko @Baozi first signed in Vancouver or did you expect them to take time building chemistry with their new line mates?

He has replaced Leduc's production and then some. Just glad he chose to sign with us in FA. Now we have to deliver and get him a cup.

I think Fuhr has stolen the show this season and is a big reason that we're 20-4-1.

4. Our two rookies, Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ and Jens Lekman @Bobcat have now played a dozen games in the VHL; How would you rate them in the first dozen games?

(Scale 1-10)

10. These two have very bright futures in this league if they weren't in Vancouver they'd be leading the league in rookie scoring. Just lucky to have been able to draft them both.

Just a general commitment from everyone to get the team wins. I think the only thing we need to improve is our special teams.

6. Riddle: In Hockey, which players have the best apartments?

I gave up on this one fairly quickly so I'm going to give a terrible answer. The players that get paid the most?

1. Not to sound silly here but did anyone expect us to start the season 12-0-1? What has been the biggest surprise been so far in the new season? Why? 

I thought the team would be good after winning the cup, but maybe not necessarily this good. The biggest surprise so far in the new season has been, in my opinion, the separation the team has created in the standings, including goal differential (+28).

2. Nezuko steps straight into the team and leads the wolves in points; was this expected when Nezuko first signed in Vancouver or did you expect them to take time building chemistry with their new line mates? 

Certainly Nezuko is a great player who was a fantastic add, to help replace Leduc. Nezuko is getting up there in age so it is, admittedly, a bit surprising to see how well they’re doing.

Scoring is so close, everyone’s performing. Probably Fuhr with an unbelievable 5 shutouts in 25 games.

4. Our two rookies, Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ and Jens Lekman @Bobcat have now played a dozen games in the VHL; How would you rate them in the first dozen games? 

(Scale 1-10) 

I’d rate them a 6 probably, rookie seasons are always tough in the VHL. The potential is a 10 though, showing tremendous signs of growth, both of them. 

Just how dominant the team is all around. Offensively, defensively and in goal. That’s the thing, nothing can really be improved much. #Back2Back

6. Riddle: In Hockey, which players have the best apartments?

Hmmm…let’s go with top scorers, but not using conventional wisdom (them being the wealthiest). They have the best apartments due to them finding their “home” on the ice time and time again, unlike their peers.

394986100_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.fde572b001b7342a980ff7d77209b713.jpg

Themes, Times and Randomness

Every week when I come across the press conference question, I try to keep them to a theme or some creation in my wee little brain of mine but this week I am rather drawing a blank so expect more random questions as I am also finding rather hard to keep pumping the tires or oiling the wheel that is turning smoothly so far!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Player builds are always fun to look at and play around with so I guess the first question this week is: Are there any skills that you would like to learn this year or through your career that might help you become a better player?

2. Staying with the same topic: What do you think helps the team more Defense or Offense?

3. In light of some players announcing sponsorship deals with airline companies, what sponsorship contracts would you like to see your player sign or do you think they are a bit distracting?

4. What was your welcome to the VHL moment and what season did you really think Yes, I have made it?

5. In light of a new game that I am following close in Hogwarts Legacy if we were to place the Sorting Hat on your head what would he say about your character and what house would you be assigned to? Why?

6. Since no one guess that Goalies have the nice apartments last week as they have the biggest pads, I am going to give you all a chance to redeem yourselves with another riddle:

What do hockey players and magicians have in common?

harry potter magic GIF

1. Balance the skills, maybe focus on scoring a little more.
2. I think Both, we need to thing about offence and defence too.
3. they can be a little distracting, but also good for players. For my player, maybe some exclusive food place/restaurant, who wouldnt want free food everyday :D
4. Welcome from the team was warm, took me few games till i got used to VHL, but Puk played a lot of minutes(probably even more than now), so i was satisfied. Second season was the one i realized i made it, thanks to winning the cup.
5. ohh i have no idea about that :D
6. Hmmm, they both can do tricks?

On 2/7/2023 at 1:08 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

394986100_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.fde572b001b7342a980ff7d77209b713.jpg

Every week when I come across the press conference question, I try to keep them to a theme or some creation in my wee little brain of mine but this week I am rather drawing a blank so expect more random questions as I am also finding rather hard to keep pumping the tires or oiling the wheel that is turning smoothly so far!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Player builds are always fun to look at and play around with so I guess the first question this week is: Are there any skills that you would like to learn this year or through your career that might help you become a better player?

2. Staying with the same topic: What do you think helps the team more Defense or Offense?

3. In light of some players announcing sponsorship deals with airline companies, what sponsorship contracts would you like to see your player sign or do you think they are a bit distracting?

4. What was your welcome to the VHL moment and what season did you really think Yes, I have made it?

5. In light of a new game that I am following close in Hogwarts Legacy if we were to place the Sorting Hat on your head what would he say about your character and what house would you be assigned to? Why?

6. Since no one guess that Goalies have the nice apartments last week as they have the biggest pads, I am going to give you all a chance to redeem yourselves with another riddle:

harry potter magic GIF

1. I got my main attributes to the balance I want to keep them in, so not really. Other than slowly working on faceoffs - Kerr Isa natural center after all.

2. In a vacuum, both. But in real world, I think with a goalie like Fuhr, the impact of the difference between good defense and elite defense is smaller than between good offense and elite offense.

3. Definitely some breweries! I'm not saying Kerr is a drunk, but he likes beer a lot.

4. It's my first gen rookie season, ask me this question later.

5. I would *like* to be assigned to Slytherin, because they value traits I'd like to build - ambition, cunning, leadership and resourcefulness. Realistically, I'd be a Hufflepuff tho.

6. They use sticks? 

On 2/6/2023 at 7:08 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

harry potter magic GIF

1. There isn't one in particular, but I'm going to take a long look this offseason to see how I can improve.

2. I think defense.  The goals will come, but being able to shut down the opponent is a huge plus.

3. I would LOVE to sign a sponsorship with a luxury car company!

4. Probably when I scored my first VHL goal. That's when I felt like I really belonged.

5. I'm definitely a Ravenclaw, zero doubt

6. They...use sticks?

I think puck handling is a very underrated stat as well vas having higher defense than scoring. There really isn't a perfect formula for the hybrid era which makes things more interesting. 

Defense always. Especially with good goaltending.

I think it's a neat idea. I would like to see more graphics with this premise. Having my player sponsor a beer brand would be awesome.

It was in Season 22 with the Helsinki Titans and I found team success as a rookie despite subpar individual stats. I stuck with it and eventually the individual success came.

Honestly I have mo idea I feel like my character would be socially awkward but quite funny. I'm actually having a hard time remembering all the house names.

What do hockey players and magicians have in common?

They both perform tricks with sticks? Magicians with wands and hockey players with hockey stick. 

Superbowl, Theme week and Trade Deadline. Oh, My!!

Here we are coming off a busy weekend with the Superbowl being played and I can pretend that I didn`t know that since I am halfway around the world from the event but commercials have been watched and a vague understanding of the game. But we are not here for that are we? We are here to answer questions about the VHL so I guess we can talk about the theme week and coming trade deadline!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Starting off with a Superbowl question just as a bit of a warm-up; Who did you want to win and why?

2. This week is Theme week and we are talking rivals so Who do you think is Vancouver Wolves all-time rivals? Why?

3. Who do you think is our teams main rival this season? Why?

4. As a player do you have a rival? And is it friendly or competitive rival?

5. In light of the near miss involving a Helicopter this week of one of our players; Have you ever flown in a helicopter and if not would you ever?

6. And once again most got close to the riddle last week but missed it by a bit as the answer was: Hattricks – Both do Hattricks!! LOL!! So let’s try a new one this week:

Riddle: I have the power to fool or instruct. To convince or distract. To give or retract. You may use me but never know my impact. What am I?

5 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Here we are coming off a busy weekend with the Superbowl being played and I can pretend that I didn`t know that since I am halfway around the world from the event but commercials have been watched and a vague understanding of the game. But we are not here for that are we? We are here to answer questions about the VHL so I guess we can talk about the theme week and coming trade deadline!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Starting off with a Superbowl question just as a bit of a warm-up; Who did you want to win and why?

2. This week is Theme week and we are talking rivals so Who do you think is Vancouver Wolves all-time rivals? Why?

5. In light of the near miss involving a Helicopter this week of one of our players; Have you ever flown in a helicopter and if not would you ever?

6. And once again most got close to the riddle last week but missed it by a bit as the answer was: Hattricks – Both do Hattricks!! LOL!! So let’s try a new one this week:

Riddle: I have the power to fool or instruct. To convince or distract. To give or retract. You may use me but never know my impact. What am I?

1. Honestly, I don't follow American football at all. I don't even know what two teams competed. But I definitely wanted the Minnesota team to win. Is that Timberwolves? Or Vikings? I don't know, one of these.

2. I've never really been into history, but more recently it has to be Moscow because of the three finals clashes.

3. I'd say Calgary, one of us is probably gonna be the top Canadian team, maybe even the division winner.

4. I'm not really sure, and I don't want to spoil my media spot coming hopefully tomorrow.

5. I actually did once, but I don't remember it much as I was halfway unconscious. I'd like to try it in a better state tho.

6. Might be a stupid guess: an argument? A claim?

Edited by VattghernCZ
dumbass autocorrect changing english words to czech

On 2/14/2023 at 4:13 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Not a big football fan so didn't really care, I am more into Hockey and Football (Soccer).

Calgary maybe? seems like we are always fighting off each other for best team in North America. Rivalries are always good to have and were both Canadian teams as well

Once again Calgary, we will be battling it out for NA top spot all regular season and I am sure we will meet in the playoffs as well

No rivals, I just keep my head down and do whats best for me. Don't need rivalries messing up my training or how I play during a game.

Not yet but I do plan on doing a helicopter tour this year so that would be the first time. Should be a fun and interesting experience.

This is an interesting one and difficult. I would probably say a person talking or just speech overall>??

1. I didnt have a favourite, just wanted to see a good game :)
2. Hmm maybe Calgary, but i have no idea actually lol
3. Calgary in our coference, and i think it will be Moscow from the european one. 
4. Actually i dont, maybe i should make one :D
5. I didnt, but i would like to one day.
6. Looked it up lol

Spoiler

words

1. My Friend grew up in KC so I'm pulling for them. I followed NFL a bit this season, don't cheer for any team in particular though.

2. Calgary seems like the obvious pick, but Vancouver's won 5 cups since their last one so idk.

3. I'm a fan of final rematches, so I like to keep my eye on Prague. They seem to be struggling a bit this year, but they took last years team to 7 so I think they still have potential.

4. Certainly a friendly one with Wann Kerr. Teammates for three seasons across three different teams tends to do that.

5. They are neat, don't have an overwhelming desire to go on one though.

6. The internet? Or newspaper?

Edited by Bobcat

Neither team tbh. I'm not a big NFL fan. If I had to chose probably the Eagles since the Chiefs have won more recently? 

When the Wolves were the Quebec City Meute, our most heated rivalry was against Helsinki as we lost in two straight finals to them. Now it would be Moscow but that was before I took over from @Nykonax. Now I would say Prague or Calgary as we have beaten both recently.

This season I would say Calgary or LA as it's a tight race for #1 in NA. I think whoever we play it the post season will determine who our biggest rival is going forward. 

When Moreau was still active I think his rival would have been any player on Vancouver. The animosity was high since I had built a passing player and Vancouver at the time was taking advantage of all scoring. Vancouver was the most guilty but Moscow definitely followed suit later on. It was too late for Moreau to alter his build though I believe at one point he had 95 passing and 99 scoring. 

I was happy to find out everyone was alright as management fly's in a private jet and clearly the players have to take a helicopter? Maybe @dogwoodmaple can confirm. After his article I will never fly in a helicopter. 

Riddle: I have the power to fool or instruct. To convince or distract. To give or retract. You may use me but never know my impact. What am I?

I'm not going to cheat this time and actually make a blind guess. I'm going to say money. But I'm likely way off. 

On 2/14/2023 at 4:13 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. I was rooting for Kansas City, so it was a nice night for me

2. Honestly?  Our biggest rival is perfection.  We need another title!

3. Consistency.  We've had some lulls throughout the year and need to fix those in a hurry.

4. My big rival is probably the updating deadline...it's always close!

5. I have never flown in a helicopter and I'm honestly not sure that I want to....

6. uhh...yeah I got nothin'

12 minutes ago, dogwoodmaple said:

4. My big rival is probably the updating deadline...it's always close!

LOL!! And here I was just think, man he is cutting it close again!! LOL!!

Animation Fail GIF by SLOTHILDA

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.9bc1ab52b96297485a8994e243ba1b7e.jpg

Trade Deadline Snooze!!

When thinking about the trade deadline, I like to think about who is going to be traded where, who is going to load up for a play-off push and who is now content in tanking for a better draft position. What wait a second no one tanks; right? Well, this trade deadline seen only two teams buying really and not a lot of action on the trade front. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Vancouver Management pulled the trigger on two trades at this year’s deadline; What did you think about the trades and do they improve the teams chance in the play-offs?

2. Seattle loaded up with two-star forwards in Vasile Lamb & Tavish DeGroot in two different trades; Do you think this makes them a better team and improves their chances at making the play-offs?

3. If you could complete a single trade for any team (NHL, VHL, VHLE, VHLM)  what would that trade look like? Why?

4. With all the trades in the NHL taking place around the same time as the VHL trade deadline has it made it more exciting or distracting following the two leagues? Did the NHL trades over shadow the VHL trades?

5. In the locker room the other day a bunch of the players were talking about their career high in stats this season. Have you set career highs this season and in what stats? Did this surprise you or was this expected?

6. Most season are filled with ups and downs; while Vancouver this season has seen more ups and seem to be just waiting for the play-offs. What do you prefer a dominating season where you are just in wait mode or would you like to battle more to just make the play-offs? Why?

Also Welcome to the team Tater Tottingham @Trunkxolotl;

I had a question based around your player but forgot to add it this week!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1 hour ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Trade Deadline Snooze!!

When thinking about the trade deadline, I like to think about who is going to be traded where, who is going to load up for a play-off push and who is now content in tanking for a better draft position. What wait a second no one tanks; right? Well, this trade deadline seen only two teams buying really and not a lot of action on the trade front. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Vancouver Management pulled the trigger on two trades at this year’s deadline; What did you think about the trades and do they improve the teams chance in the play-offs?

2. Seattle loaded up with two-star forwards in Vasile Lamb & Tavish DeGroot in two different trades; Do you think this makes them a better team and improves their chances at making the play-offs?

3. If you could complete a single trade for any team (NHL, VHL, VHLE, VHLM)  what would that trade look like? Why?

4. With all the trades in the NHL taking place around the same time as the VHL trade deadline has it made it more exciting or distracting following the two leagues? Did the NHL trades over shadow the VHL trades?

5. In the locker room the other day a bunch of the players were talking about their career high in stats this season. Have you set career highs this season and in what stats? Did this surprise you or was this expected?

6. Most season are filled with ups and downs; while Vancouver this season has seen more ups and seem to be just waiting for the play-offs. What do you prefer a dominating season where you are just in wait mode or would you like to battle more to just make the play-offs? Why?

1. I may be biased, but I think that one trade with Helsinki is a pretty good one. I hear we got a pretty damn good player, with a bright future.

2. I've been away from the league for a little bit, so to be honest, I'm not sure how Seattle has been looking, or how good those players are. But generally, if you add without losing anything significant, it increases your chances!

3. Patrick Kane at 50% retained to the Leafs for Kerfoot, Robertson and a mid to low draft pick. Or some how prying Varlamov from the Islanders at 50% retained to shore up the fact that Murray is probably going to be too much of an injury risk.

4. Yes. I am humble enough to admit that my team getting Ryan O'Reilly overshadows Vancouver trading for me. Stay humble.

5. No, this looks to be a sophomore slump kind of season for me, but that may have to do with my previous team not playing the greatest. I do have more power play goals this season than I did last?

6. Wait mode, as long as it doesn't bring with it complacency. The near guarantee to make the playoffs is always a plus. It also gives time to evaluate, find where strengths and weaknesses are and improve on them.

11 minutes ago, Trunkxolotl said:

Varlamov from the Islanders at 50% retained to shore up the fact that Murray is probably going to be too much of an injury risk.

Not even sure Murray is going to be your start come the play-offs but it is a bit concerning that even I am not confident in the tandem as a non leaf fan. I also think they have something bigger planned on the back-end with Minnesota seeming likely as I think they would like to move off Matt Dumba  and a defender, picks or prospects heading back to Minnesota. But I am speculating based on Minnesota being involved in that trade for Ryan O'Reilly.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:50 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Trade Deadline Snooze!!

1. Sad to see one of the McFleury brothers go, but since we've also sent our 1st rounder away, it's good we got another one. Tater rounds out our D-core nicely.

2. A team with brother Hogan, Sakamoto and these two looks scary. But their goaltending can sometimes look suspect, hopefully we can exploit that if we meet them in the postseason.

3. I'd just like to give Edmonton some help on defense and in the net. It's frustrating watching McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH dominating but still losing, and I don't even like Edmonton.

4. Honestly I only watch trades of my teams, and big NHL names, so it's okay. Especially considering my NHL team - Wild - isn't in a position for a blockbuster trade. I expect them to be just cap brokers.

5. Oh yea, I've set all new career highs. My previous career highs were zeros across the board.

6. Dominating makes us favorites in the playoffs, which brings extra pressure I like. We ain't choking.