Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 3/14/2023 at 3:46 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.58354e664a2feea383189bb7e1509feb.jpg

The Drum Beats On!!

Well, that was a very quick play-offs after an above average season for this lovely bunch of Wolves. Well, I guess you win some and you lose some as we have to remember we were Wildcard team last season when we won and lets be fair the Bears were stacked after the trade deadline. Now positive, positive we have next season and the draft to look forward towards. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. So, the Seattle Bears eliminated the Vancouver Wolves in five games; did this surprise you? Why or why not?

2. Seattle Bears now face the Calgary Wranglers; are you interested in the series and do you think the Bears can win the series?

3. No one called me out on my error last week except the GM indirectly in the fact that Riga wasn`t going to play Moscow Menace since Moscow actually finished second in Europe. So in the future will you call me out for such mistakes or let them slide since we are all human?

4. Olso Storm came back against the Stockholm Vikings and currently are one game up in the VHLE finials; are we watching and cheering for Oreo McFleury or are we more focused on getting ready for next season and our golf game?

5. Vancouver Wolves announced their season awards last night; did any of the award winners surprise you? Why or why not?

6. And last question, do you think any Vancouver Wolves players have any chance at any of the League Awards this season? Who and what award(s)?

Almost everyone managed to land the Bears jokes/riddles;

Animation Simpsons GIF

at least we did something right dealing with Bears!!

1. I did a lengthy media spot comparing the two teams, I expected us to win in 6, so yeah, definitely.

2. I did vaguely follow the series , it sucks not playing the Wranglers ouselves.

3. I won't call you out on that, but 99 times out of 100 it will be because of my own ignorance.

4. The series is now tied at 2, you love to see a series this thrilling. Of course I cheer for Oreo eben though he's a Storm. Ughhh...is golf mandatory?

5. Kerr winning the sniper award is absolutely hilarious, it makes me anticipate sophomore slump tho. And Nezuko winning the little wolf is awesome as well.

6. I think the best chance is for Fuhr winning the Shaw. I can also see him being in the Campbell conversation, along with Bouchard.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:46 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

The Drum Beats On!!

Well, that was a very quick play-offs after an above average season for this lovely bunch of Wolves. Well, I guess you win some and you lose some as we have to remember we were Wildcard team last season when we won and lets be fair the Bears were stacked after the trade deadline. Now positive, positive we have next season and the draft to look forward towards. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. So, the Seattle Bears eliminated the Vancouver Wolves in five games; did this surprise you? Why or why not?

It did surprise me as I thought it would be an easy series for us based on how we did in the regular season. Things happen though and we will just have to be better next season

2. Seattle Bears now face the Calgary Wranglers; are you interested in the series and do you think the Bears can win the series?

I am doing this after that series has ended but if it's not us winning it I would want Calgary to win it all so I hope they do well. Seattle put up a decent fight but the Wranglers were just too much.

3. No one called me out on my error last week except the GM indirectly in the fact that Riga wasn`t going to play Moscow Menace since Moscow actually finished second in Europe. So in the future will you call me out for such mistakes or let them slide since we are all human?

I noticed but as I say, shit happens and you just gotta move on and answer the question as it was asked. Everyone makes mistakes and you can always laugh about them in the future

4. Olso Storm came back against the Stockholm Vikings and currently are one game up in the VHLE finials; are we watching and cheering for Oreo McFleury or are we more focused on getting ready for next season and our golf game?

While I am happy for Oreo, I have not been following. Been to busy working on my flaws this season and making sure they are improved for the start of next season. I need to keep improving!

5. Vancouver Wolves announced their season awards last night; did any of the award winners surprise you? Why or why not?

All the players that won deserved the awards! We had a incredible regular season and unfortunately it fell apart in the playoffs but all our players were great this season and deserve to be recognized!

6. And last question, do you think any Vancouver Wolves players have any chance at any of the League Awards this season? Who and what award(s)?

I think Fuhr will definitely be in contention for a few goalie awards. Not to sure if anyone else will be but hey, you never know!

Animation Simpsons GIF

On 3/13/2023 at 10:46 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

The Drum Beats On!!

Animation Simpsons GIF

1. I was surprised...after our regular season I thought we were primed for a postseason run.

2. NOPE.  If it ain't Vancouver, I couldn't care less.

3. I will let it slide.  We're all due for a mistake or two.

4. Definitely hope Oreo plays well!

5. I was not surprised and truly thought everyone deserved the awards they got!

6. We were a very deep team, so I'm not sure any of us will be bringing home any hardware.

Yes. I thought at the very least it would have gone to 6. Disappointing way to end the season, but added motivation for the next.

I hope Calgary destroys Seattle. Spoiler alert, they did. 

Call you out but forgive you for your mistake. Because that's what teammates do! 😀

I was 100% invested in the Oslo Storm cup run and waa devastated they lost in game 7. @JB123 can hold his head high knowing he was that close to a three peat. 

I was surprised @Gaikoku-hito awarded himself a trophy. It was so deserving but it just reminded me of the Obama meme of awarding himself a medal. 😂

6. And last question, do you think any Vancouver Wolves players have any chance at any of the League Awards this season? Who and what award(s)?

i think @Tate Fuhr is the favourite for the goalie awards and Bouchard for top defensive dman and most improved.

3 hours ago, Frank said:

I was surprised @Gaikoku-hito awarded himself a trophy.

I won`t lie I actually struggled with this but the awards he won at least were either voted on by the team or stats award but still uncomfortable awarding myself!! 😂

obama deal with it GIF

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.43029f36cfb135e142eb733e15cc5cdc.jpg 

Off-Season 😴

Insert your own witty comment here as I am taking a bit of vacation while I can and who really hates losing early in the play-off as God dang it the off-season is rather boring. Could I fly to Antarctica to find ice so that I can play some hockey? Heck, it might make for an interest trip, story and great place to play some hockey while waiting for the regular season to start. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Calgary Wranglers are Continental Cup champions this season; Did this surprise you and were you happy for them? Why or Why not?

2.     Heart ache in VHLE for the Oslo Storm and Oreo McFleury;would you rather lose in four straight or game seven? Why or why not? Either way losing sucks, right?  

3.     New salary changes and an increase to salary cap are currently in place for Season 88; Do you like these changes and what effect do you think they will have on the league this season?

4.     Two new GM`s have been announced for London United (knights) and DC Dragons; were you aware of the changes of management and did any of these announcements surprise you?

5.     Award Season is also coming fast & furious (vroom vroom) and we have two players announced as nominations for the Brett Slobodzian award; Do you think either one of them will win this award and did it surprise you that we had two players nominated? Why or Why not?

6.     Riddle: Not the riddle I was looking for today but it made me laugh so this is the one this week:

What is the difference between a bad golfer and a bad skydiver?

Yes, I am scared of Skydiving!!

Battle Royale Falling GIF by PUBG Battlegrounds

Answer:

Spoiler

A bad golf goes Whack, dang and a bad skydiver goes Dang, Whack!!  😂

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. It wasnt a surprise for me, i thought they will win last season, luckily they didnt. But they had a strong team this season too.
2. Hart to say, lose in 7 games isnt easy cuz u are so close and cant make the last step, and lose 4-0 is just a little shame tbh.
3. It will be interesting, salary increase is a good thing, i looked at our roster, adnsaw its looking good for us with a space for new ones.
4. No, i didnt even checked these changes.
5. Fuhr have a big chance to win it, it wouldnt be surprising, but competition is strong too.
6. Hmm a bad skydiver can die?

6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Off-Season 😴

Insert your own witty comment here as I am taking a bit of vacation while I can and who really hates losing early in the play-off as God dang it the off-season is rather boring. Could I fly to Antarctica to find ice so that I can play some hockey? Heck, it might make for an interest trip, story and great place to play some hockey while waiting for the regular season to start. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Calgary Wranglers are Continental Cup champions this season; Did this surprise you and were you happy for them? Why or Why not?

2.     Heart ache in VHLE for the Oslo Storm and Oreo McFleury;would you rather lose in four straight or game seven? Why or why not? Either way losing sucks, right?  

3.     New salary changes and an increase to salary cap are currently in place for Season 88; Do you like these changes and what effect do you think they will have on the league this season?

4.     Two new GM`s have been announced for London United (knights) and DC Dragons; were you aware of the changes of management and did any of these announcements surprise you?

5.     Award Season is also coming fast & furious (vroom vroom) and we have two players announced as nominations for the Brett Slobodzian award; Do you think either one of them will win this award and did it surprise you that we had two players nominated? Why or Why not?

6.     Riddle: Not the riddle I was looking for today but it made me laugh so this is the one this week:

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Oh yea, it did surprise me. The only thing that wouldn't is us winning! But fair play, they're the second best team in the league.

2. As a player, probably game 4. Just make it quick. But going to game 7 is better for the fans and for the team image I guess.

3. Well luckily it's not really my job to worry about that. Honestly, I'd increase it even more and maybe cut down the number of teams, I'd love to see teams with full three or even four lines.

4. I still haven't be around long enough to know how common such changes are, so I can't really say either way.

5. After the season we've just had, I'm surprised there aren't more Wolves nominated, if anything. I'd give it to Bouchard simply for the nice amount of assists because I'm very mature. But seriously, I think Fuhr has got to be a favorite.

6. Is it something about holes, like golfers wanting to hit holes while skydivers don't want to have holes in their parachutes? But it doesn't say anything about them being bad. No idea about this one.

9 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Off-Season 😴

No it did not surprise me as they had a very solid team over the last few seasons and deserved to get a cup. I am happy for them as I do have history in Calgary and Ricer deserved a cup from the teams he has put together over there. 

I wouldn't want to lose in anyway haha, not a big fan of losing but I think game seven, as you have more opportunities to play and more chances to potentially win.

I do like the changes as we had some active earners not being called up due to cap issues, I think this will allow more players to join the big leagues. It also helps teams out to build better rosters. We will see how it goes.

I knew those teams were looking for GM's but didn't check who got the roles, I only focus on whats happening with the team I am on and not the other teams. Congrats to whoever got the roles though :)

Didn't surprise me as both Fuhr and Bouchard deserve the nominations! I hope one of you guys gets it!

No idea on this one, hopefully someone gets this. Can't even think of an answer and I do not want to google to spoil it. Will think on it! Thinking something to do with hole in one or diver hitting ground?? this one got me lol

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

On 3/20/2023 at 10:47 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Off-Season 😴

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I was a little surprised, but they earned it. I always give respect to a team who takes home the ultimate prize

2. I think I'd rather lose in 7.  There's just something about getting swept that feels ultra defeating.

3. I LOVE these changes!  I think they'll really help us out and hopefully get us back to the finals

4. I honestly wasn't really plugged into all that news.  But I'm sure the new GMs will do a great job with both of those franchises.

5. I really hope one of them wins and I think both were deserving.  Love it when Wolves get recognized!

6. Uhhh...a bad golfer means to hit the ground?

christian bale joker GIF

Trade frenzy & Draft

Wow, A lot can change very quickly in a week around here with five trades, two new players and a few re-signings. So, I have also decided to try to get the press conference completed before anything else can change since two out of the five picks seen Vancouver move up in this season draft so let’s get talking since it was a busy week. Not to mention forgetting to add Maple to opening day rosters!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. First trade of the off-season came when Sergey Preobrazhensky was trade to Riga in a swap of first round picks allowing Vancouver to move up to ninth overall; Simply put the Vancouver Wolves due to salary cap reason couldn`t bring Sergey Preobrazhensky back so do you think this was fair trade given the player has signed in Riga? Why or why not?

2. Two days later the management team made two very difficult trades; first trading newly re-signed Tater Tottingham to Toronto with a S89 3rd round pick in return for Sting Chameleon and S90 2nd. While the other trade was long term forward Svatopluk Puk with S89 3rd to HC Davos for S90 1st. Which of these two trades surprised you the most? Why?

3. Welcome back Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin!! In the fourth deal of the week seen Vancouver bring back Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin; who had a cup of coffee with the team last season during the off-season. Do you even remember Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin being part of the team last season? (I didn`t)

4. Last trade of the week was simply put a huge trade with Vancouver trading S88 1st (9th overall), S90 1st, S90 2nd and S89 3rd for 2nd overall pick in this season draft later tonight. Who do you think Vancouver Wolves should draft at 2nd overall? Why?

5. Let’s call this one the Dusty Wilson situation as a lot of talk has been around how managers of teams handle aging or older players so if you are an aging player on a team are your prepared to be traded or would you rather retire if you are traded? Why? (BTW he retired)

6. I guess no riddle this week since I actually want to ask one final question; After all the changes to the roster with re-signing of Nezuko, Jens Lekman, and Wann Kerr, adding Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin and Sting Chameleon through trades, Rookie Oreo McFleury and whomever the team drafts with the 2nd overall pick. What do you rate Vancouver Wolves chance this season on a scale of 1-10? Why?

Ugh, One more week before Hockey is played!!

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Why so long!!

On 3/27/2023 at 6:28 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

christian bale joker GIF

Trade frenzy & Draft

Wow, A lot can change very quickly in a week around here with five trades, two new players and a few re-signings. So, I have also decided to try to get the press conference completed before anything else can change since two out of the five picks seen Vancouver move up in this season draft so let’s get talking since it was a busy week. Not to mention forgetting to add Maple to opening day rosters!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. First trade of the off-season came when Sergey Preobrazhensky was trade to Riga in a swap of first round picks allowing Vancouver to move up to ninth overall; Simply put the Vancouver Wolves due to salary cap reason couldn`t bring Sergey Preobrazhensky back so do you think this was fair trade given the player has signed in Riga? Why or why not?

2. Two days later the management team made two very difficult trades; first trading newly re-signed Tater Tottingham to Toronto with a S89 3rd round pick in return for Sting Chameleon and S90 2nd. While the other trade was long term forward Svatopluk Puk with S89 3rd to HC Davos for S90 1st. Which of these two trades surprised you the most? Why?

3. Welcome back Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin!! In the fourth deal of the week seen Vancouver bring back Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin; who had a cup of coffee with the team last season during the off-season. Do you even remember Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin being part of the team last season? (I didn`t)

4. Last trade of the week was simply put a huge trade with Vancouver trading S88 1st (9th overall), S90 1st, S90 2nd and S89 3rd for 2nd overall pick in this season draft later tonight. Who do you think Vancouver Wolves should draft at 2nd overall? Why?

5. Let’s call this one the Dusty Wilson situation as a lot of talk has been around how managers of teams handle aging or older players so if you are an aging player on a team are your prepared to be traded or would you rather retire if you are traded? Why? (BTW he retired)

6. I guess no riddle this week since I actually want to ask one final question; After all the changes to the roster with re-signing of Nezuko, Jens Lekman, and Wann Kerr, adding Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin and Sting Chameleon through trades, Rookie Oreo McFleury and whomever the team drafts with the 2nd overall pick. What do you rate Vancouver Wolves chance this season on a scale of 1-10? Why?

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Why so long!!

1. In a different situation, we surely could have got more for Preo, but everyone knew we were cap strapped. I don't hate it. Plus 9th overall is where the best players are, right?

2. It's really hard to say which one was more surprising, Totsy meshed with the team really well, and Puksy has been around forever, the team sure will feel different without them.

3. Oh, had they? Weird. I guess I got hit in head and don't remember it.

4. Well now we know. But at the time this conferemce was published, I wouldn't have an idea. I must say I'm really bad in keeping up with the league outside our team. But I must say I'm thrilled to have Fistsy on the team, they're gonna be the next face of the franchise for sure!

5. I'd do my best to still be an asset for my team. But if they need to move me and consider it the right move, I'm not thrilled about that, but I'd personally feel like I'm screwing my new team up by retiring because of that, and you don't do that to your teammates. I'd still play and give it my 110% as usually.

6. I'd say 8/10. No doubts we will still make the playoffs and be a legit threat to win the cup, but losing Preo is just too much to play on the same level. Despite Mapsy and Eagsy being ready to explode into true league's stars after their fantastic seasons.

On 3/27/2023 at 12:28 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

christian bale joker GIF

Trade frenzy & Draft

9th overall ain't bad but we could have gotten more if it wasn't a cap situation trade. Once teams know you are in cap trouble then you will majority of the time not win the trade. Regardless it was the best trade to be made at the time.

I think the Tater trade surprised me the most since he just re-signed. Usually you would think if you re-sign a player they would atleast last a season or two but I also understand why the trades had to be made. There always has to be some sort of excitement in the off-season

I remember the name because its so damn long! I do remember he didn't stay long, not even playing one game but I welcome him back and see what he can do for the Wolves (if he survives to opening night!)

I am writing this after the draft so I already know who was drafted and it was the best choice at the time. Excited to see what FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY can do in the next few seasons!

With my last 2 guys in my final season I was traded and it is expected. You are usually traded to a contender looking for that one final piece and the team you are currently on want to get some sort of asset for you before you retire.

7/10 but I also said something similar last season and we finished 1st overall. I always have faith in the mgmt team and I know the team they put together will be the best team possible

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Why so long!!

christian bale joker GIF

Trade frenzy & Draft

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Why so long!!

1. It’s a fair and understandable trade. The cap system in the VHL is quite punishing for teams that have active players. I think to get a decent pick and the cap relief it’s fair value even with Preo being a stud player.

2. The second was more surprising. I didn’t really follow Vancouver much before the draft, but I think nabbing a first is pretty great. Whether it be to draft a prospect or as a trade piece in the future.

3. I wasn’t here, so I don’t remember Bob. Welcome back, Bob!

4. Didn’t not expect to be drafted by Vancouver earlier this week. I couldn’t be happier joining you all. Very excited for this opportunity to help bring a cup back to Van City!

5. I think with aging players it’s about communication. I think everyone has the right to know where their players future might be headed. If you’re an active player and they are aging, I think the GM should show the respect to keep you in the loop for future intent.

6. I think we are an 8/10. We will need to overachieve to be successful in playoffs. The young guys need to step up to help the depth of this team. A challenge I’m excited to take on with Analfist!

christian bale joker GIF

Trade frenzy & Draft

Obviously Sergey was a great player here, but as it was not realistically possible to re-sign them, it was a good deal.

Out of the two of them, probably the Puk one. While I’m sure it was a hard trade to make, it should keep talent flowing in down the line.

To be honest, not really, but glad Bob is back!

As this has already happened, I will say I’m happy with the selection and the subsequent trade for Sakamoto. STZ is a great member to have for the future/core.

Depends on the particular situation. If I was informed beforehand and the GM tried to do what was good for me as well as for the team, it would be a lot easier to handle. 

A solid 8, just need solid production from the younger players, to complement the vets. 

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Why so long!!

christian bale joker GIF

Trade frenzy & Draft

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Why so long!!

1. I think it was fair, given the salary situation. Would've loved to not have to do it, but the front office did a good job making sure we're good with the cap and good with the roster.

2. Probably the Puk trade, to be honest.  But again, I have full faith in our front office to make the right moves.

3. I am THRILLED to get Bob back!  Great on the ice, great in the locker room!

4. Spoiler alert as I know who we picked now, but needless to say it was a fantastic selection. 

5. I love Vancouver and would prefer to live out my time here, but I understand that the team has to come first.

6. I'd give us an 8. I think we'll make some noise in the postseason!

1. First trade of the off-season came when Sergey Preobrazhensky was trade to Riga in a swap of first round picks allowing Vancouver to move up to ninth overall; Simply put the Vancouver Wolves due to salary cap reason couldn`t bring Sergey Preobrazhensky back so do you think this was fair trade given the player has signed in Riga? Why or why not?

I was sad to have to trade @Bulduray_1 but in the end it will give Eagles and Maple a chance to be the catalyst of our offense. After moving both him and Nezuko. 

2. Two days later the management team made two very difficult trades; first trading newly re-signed Tater Tottingham to Toronto with a S89 3rd round pick in return for Sting Chameleon and S90 2nd. While the other trade was long term forward Svatopluk Puk with S89 3rd to HC Davos for S90 1st. Which of these two trades surprised you the most? Why?

Some times circumstances determine moves you make. The salary cap going up was the main reason for both these moves. @Otaznik and I have been connected since he jiined tge league so this nove was the most difficult one I've had to make. But I think experiencing a new team and LR might help him grow into a bigger role within the league.

3. Welcome back Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin!! In the fourth deal of the week seen Vancouver bring back Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin; who had a cup of coffee with the team last season during the off-season. Do you even remember Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin being part of the team last season? (I didn`t)

This was a move almost 4 seasons in the making. I can't wait to see what chemistry Bob V and Maple will have on the ice as playmajer and sniper.

4. Last trade of the week was simply put a huge trade with Vancouver trading S88 1st (9th overall), S90 1st, S90 2nd and S89 3rd for 2nd overall pick in this season draft later tonight. Who do you think Vancouver Wolves should draft at 2nd overall? Why?

It was @STZ all the way. Would have been nice to make him 1st overall for the first time bur getting the player and person was more important so I'm glad D.C. chose Beketov. I think we have a great team going forward despite the draft capital we paid. Now we just need to manoeuvre around the salary cap season by season. 

I think if I won a cup with the team and was signed to a long term deal then I'd want that team to allow me that opportunity. Wilson was a pending FA with an option so it was a bit if an odd situation. 

6. I guess no riddle this week since I actually want to ask one final question; After all the changes to the roster with re-signing of Nezuko, Jens Lekman, and Wann Kerr, adding Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin and Sting Chameleon through trades, Rookie Oreo McFleury and whomever the team drafts with the 2nd overall pick. What do you rate Vancouver Wolves chance this season on a scale of 1-10? Why?

There were more moves after these ones. But I feelgood about our chances heading into the season. We've seen over the past two seasons that regular season standings don' tmean a whole lot cone playoff time. 

The Dark Knight Reaction GIF

Welcome to the foggy brain, Award Press Conference!!

Yup, when being sick with a head cold it is very hard to focus, think and be witty; if I am that any ways so, please accept that this might not be the best press conference in world this week. (I guess we are talking awards as I am adding this after writing all the questions!!) Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Ah, Right Awards have been handed out; I guess that was towards the end of last week so did any of the Award winners surprise you? Which award & why?

2. Brandt Fuhr @Tate won two awards this past week in the Top Goaltender - Aidan Shaw Trophy & Lowest GAA - Greg Clegane Trophy; do you think he has a chance to repeat? Why or why not?

3. Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito was also a big winner during the award show taking home three awards Top Defenseman - Sterling Labatte Trophy, Top Defensive Defenseman - Jake Wylde Trophy & Most Improved Player - Dustin Funk Trophy but he wasn`t nominated for the Top Offensive Defenseman - Alexander Valiq Trophy even with him sitting second overall in points by defenseman? Do you think he should have been nominated at least? Why or why not?

4. Awards predictions for next season are open, do you have the Vancouver Wolves winning any awards next season? Who and which awards?

5. Vancouver Wolves won the Victory cup last season; do you think team has a good chance at repeating? And does it even matter?

6. Riddle: A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn’t get a single hair on his head wet. Why?  

Singing In The Rain Dancing GIF

I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain...!!

@Baozi @dogwoodmaple @Greg_Di @Grape @VattghernCZ @JB123 @Gaikoku-hito @Hybrid1486 @Xflexz @Bobcat @Tate @Franklin @nikkisixx089 @Frank

3 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Yup, when being sick with a head cold it is very hard to focus, think and be witty; if I am that any ways so, please accept that this might not be the best press conference in world this week. (I guess we are talking awards as I am adding this after writing all the questions!!) Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Ah, Right Awards have been handed out; I guess that was towards the end of last week so did any of the Award winners surprise you? Which award & why?

I didn't follow the awards unfortunately. Usually only follow if I get nominated. Congrats to all the winners though, they are all very deserving.

2. Brandt Fuhr @Tate won two awards this past week in the Top Goaltender - Aidan Shaw Trophy & Lowest GAA - Greg Clegane Trophy; do you think he has a chance to repeat? Why or why not?

Wooo Fuhr! He had a very solid season last year and I believe he can repeat if we provide some top notch defense in front of him. Would be great for him to repeat and get a few more awards under his name!

3. Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito was also a big winner during the award show taking home three awards Top Defenseman - Sterling Labatte Trophy, Top Defensive Defenseman - Jake Wylde Trophy & Most Improved Player - Dustin Funk Trophy but he wasn`t nominated for the Top Offensive Defenseman - Alexander Valiq Trophy even with him sitting second overall in points by defenseman? Do you think he should have been nominated at least? Why or why not?

Congrats to Pierre as well and I hope he can repeat this season as I have him for a few of my predictions ;) I believe Pierre should have been nominated as he was a top offensive force from the back but maybe the league wanted to spread out the awards. Hoping this season Pierre cleans up and wins all of them!

4. Awards predictions for next season are open, do you have the Vancouver Wolves winning any awards next season? Who and which awards?

I think most my predictions this season were for the Wolves, betting big on myself as I predicted Henry to do well, I also have Fuhr, Pierre and our GM Frank under some predications as well!

5. Vancouver Wolves won the Victory cup last season; do you think team has a good chance at repeating? And does it even matter?

While it doesn't matter in playoffs, it matters for my predictions so I will be doing what I can to make sure we win it again!

6. Riddle: A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn’t get a single hair on his head wet. Why?  

Was his head shaven so he had no hair?

@Baozi @dogwoodmaple @Greg_Di @Grape @VattghernCZ @JB123 @Gaikoku-hito @Hybrid1486 @Xflexz @Bobcat @Tate @Franklin @nikkisixx089 @Frank

3 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. Not just the lack of awards, but his season overall - a down seasoon for Bo Johansson. But about winners...I guess they all make sense.

2. Fuhr should be a Shaw finalist every year. And Clegane, that's partially a team defense award, and considering we now have two all-star D-men, definitely!

3. Hey, defensive D-man or offensive D-man, just pick one! Can't be both! I guess the judges just thought the nice assists total was inflated by the dominant season our offense had.

4. I've intentionally avoided our players so I don't jinx it. And if they end up winning, the good feeling about their success more than outweights the TPE I didn't get.

5. With losing Nezuko and Preo, it would be really, really tough to repeat, even taking into account the newcomers and development of our guys. But frankly, I don't thing it really matters that much.

6. Oh, was he a fellow baldie?

On 4/4/2023 at 5:19 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. I actually didn't follow the VHL Season at all last year. I'm glad I got four preditions right, and they were all Vancouver Wolves predictions, coincidentally.  

2. He definitely has a chance. If a goalie has won it once, it always shows that they have it in them to repeat. I think if we stay strong in front of him and limit our opponents to outside shots, he can put up some big numbers once again!

3. Yes, definitely a nomination for sure. I think it's interesting they chose to leave him out, and I wonder if it was in order to recognize more players/members. Still a pretty amazing achievement. There was a time when there was only one defenseman award, and it was all that really mattered. I still think the Labatte is a very prestigious honour.

4. I have Frank winning GM. I think I have a few others, but I don't know if I'll do a last minute change to avoid the jinx.

5. I really hope so. I think it does matter. Getting a good seed, and proving that lines and strats work, is important. I would love to win a cup in Van. That is the ultimate goal for this player.

6. He's bald?

1 -  I honestly don't look at awards, so I'll say all of them were surprising. 

2 - Yes, because he's good and has a good team in front of him. 

3 - Description makes me think he should have been. 

4 - Sakamoto for everything! 

5 - would be nice, doesn't matter. 

6 - everyone else says he's bald; I'll say he's under an awning!