Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

The Joker GIF

Off-Season & UFA

Here we are in the deep dark days of the off season; a time to reflect or look ahead to what may come in the following season; goal setting as some might call it but I like to consider it more like determination or disappointment. Like many I tend to set my loft goals and will this season be any different? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: S88 of season seen the return of the Commissioner`s Cup; Do you like the idea of the Cup and did you follow the tournament willingly? Give me your general thoughts

Q: World Junior & World Cup are also taking place this off season; Are you paying attention to either tournament? Why or why not?

Q: UFA starts Friday June 9th; Which confused me as I always thought it started on a Monday so do you like the new change to have UFA heading into a weekend? Why or why not?

Q: Are you even paying attention to the UFA this season? Which players are you watching and why?

Q: Do you think we will see a clear-cut winner after the UFA period this season with some high-end talent all looking for new places to play? Which team and why?

Q: Season goals or Career goals; what are you more focused on this season and what are your personal season or career goals? What do you need to accomplish them?

@Frank@dogwoodmaple@Greg_Di@Spartan @JB123@STZ@VattghernCZ@Bobcat@Xflexz@Gaikoku-hito@Tate@nikkisixx089

fitness be better GIF by Live Cycle Delight

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

Q: S88 of season seen the return of the Commissioner`s Cup; Do you like the idea of the Cup and did you follow the tournament willingly? Give me your general thoughts

I think the idea is cool, I will always support more initiatives to create activity. I personally don't follow, but it's good for the league.

Q: World Junior & World Cup are also taking place this off season; Are you paying attention to either tournament? Why or why not?

I'm not sure if my player will make it to WC team. I think he's just a little too under-developed. I'll follow if I make it on the Nordic Team.

Q: UFA starts Friday June 9th; Which confused me as I always thought it started on a Monday so do you like the new change to have UFA heading into a weekend? Why or why not?

I don't think it really matters. Weekends are probably better for activity sake, but I really don't think it matters much.

Q: Are you even paying attention to the UFA this season? Which players are you watching and why?

Not really. I think we are set in Vancouver so that's all that matters to me.

Q: Do you think we will see a clear-cut winner after the UFA period this season with some high-end talent all looking for new places to play? Which team and why?

I'm sure we will see a winner. UFA is always a gamble, and I could see a few FA's playing as a package deal/

Q: Season goals or Career goals; what are you more focused on this season and what are your personal season or career goals? What do you need to accomplish them?

Career goals are just to win a cup. I haven't had a cup in a few players, so I'd really like one. I thin our team can do it this year!

On 6/5/2023 at 8:33 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

The Joker GIF

Off-Season & UFA

Here we are in the deep dark days of the off season; a time to reflect or look ahead to what may come in the following season; goal setting as some might call it but I like to consider it more like determination or disappointment. Like many I tend to set my loft goals and will this season be any different? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: S88 of season seen the return of the Commissioner`s Cup; Do you like the idea of the Cup and did you follow the tournament willingly? Give me your general thoughts

I have been in this league for quite a while and don't even know what that cup is lol! I guess that answers the second questions of whether I follow it or not :P 

Q: World Junior & World Cup are also taking place this off season; Are you paying attention to either tournament? Why or why not?

I will be paying attention to the World Cup as I was selected this season. If my guy is playing then I will always follow and see how he is doing.

Q: UFA starts Friday June 9th; Which confused me as I always thought it started on a Monday so do you like the new change to have UFA heading into a weekend? Why or why not?

It starts Friday? I see some offers and accepted offers already as of today (June 8); did someone jump the gun?

Q: Are you even paying attention to the UFA this season? Which players are you watching and why?

Nope not paying attention, I think our roster is pretty set so I don't see us signing any UFA and I don't care what the other teams do.

Q: Do you think we will see a clear-cut winner after the UFA period this season with some high-end talent all looking for new places to play? Which team and why?

From the quick glimpse I took seems like Warsaw is getting some good players, in the end it doesn't really matter who gets who as the Wolves will still end up winning the cup ;) 

Q: Season goals or Career goals; what are you more focused on this season and what are your personal season or career goals? What do you need to accomplish them?

I think this season more on career goals. I want to win an individual award with this player and hopefully in the next couple seasons I can achieve that (while of course helping the team win a few more cups)

@Frank@dogwoodmaple@Greg_Di@Spartan @JB123@STZ@VattghernCZ@Bobcat@Xflexz@Gaikoku-hito@Tate@nikkisixx089

15 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

It starts Friday? I see some offers and accepted offers already as of today (June 8); did someone jump the gun?

Nope, A thing called time difference or time zones always messes with my head and I didn`t roll the date back a day so I said Friday since it is Friday in Japan but still very much Thursday in NA!! LOL!! Suckers I am already drinking and heading into the weekend. You still have a F it Friday to get through!! LOL!!

Its Friday GIF

On 6/6/2023 at 2:33 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

The Joker GIF

Off-Season & UFA

1. Friendly dick measuring contest between two commishes sounds like fun, but I don't really follow it as neither me nor my players are involved

2. Yup, Wann Kerr represents Team World!

3. It's a new change. Huh. I don't know, I've never GMd a thingy I can't really say. But I guess it makes sense, with most of the people having weekends off

4. No particular players, I'm just curious to see the Wolves' moves overall. Even though I expect a quiet offseason for us

5. Simon is weird, it's impossible to say who the winner of offseason/deadline is before any games are simmed

6. Team goals are the priority. As for my player's goals, I expect a breakout season, anything below 25 goals and 65 points would be a bit disappointing.

On 6/5/2023 at 8:33 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

The Joker GIF

Off-Season & UFA

1. I don't know much about it but I was really interested to learn!

2. I'm on Team USA and would've loved to take home the gold.  We had a great run though

3. I don't think there's a huge difference, to be honest

4. Honestly?  Not closely.  

5. I sure hope it's Vancouver.  I trust our GMs to put us in the best position possible.

6. TEAM. GIMME THOSE RINGS!!!!

48 minutes ago, dogwoodmaple said:

TEAM. GIMME THOSE RINGS!!!!

Great answer!! I think that is what I like most about the pack of Wolves we have collected. We are all pulling for Team success rather than personal success; since I think we all understand that if the team is successful then we will be successful.

49 minutes ago, dogwoodmaple said:

I'm on Team USA and would've loved to take home the gold.  We had a great run though

Keep the head up since you have a chance a medal; just happens to be different than you want. Only one team of many good teams can win the gold. As it is not even the best two teams are playing in the finals tomorrow. Canada  (yeah) are playing I think the Second best team in Western Europe based on the round robin play.

image.png.e72055461ca9f59a57e774fdc4119f61.png

UFA, World Cup, Trades, Draft, Awards & Off-season Craziness!!

What a crazy seventy-two hours, maybe even less when you look at the start of the UFA period, the trades, the draft and awards. Is this off season going to be remembered as one of the crazy ones? Well, we are here to talk about all this if I can manage to get the right questioned asked and cover all the tops. At least the season starts soon, right?

Q: How do you think has been the biggest winner and loser of the UFA period in the VHL this off-season? Why?

Q: All looked quiet in the wolves’ den this off season until a series of trades blew up the defensive core with Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexzbeing traded to Toronto for S89 Tor 2nd round pick (18th overall)? What was your first thoughts when you saw this trade?

Q: Hours later, an even bigger trade involving three team, seen Jens Lekman @Bobcat traded to LA Stars, Warsaw collecting a bunch of picks but more importantly Vancouver landing 2nd All-star team defender, Valiq - Top Offensive Defensemen, Wylde - Top Defensive Defensemen, & Labatte - Top Defensemen nominated Brian Payne @Scurvy from Warsaw!! What did you think of this trade and do you think two top defensemen in Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito & Payne @Scurvy work in Vancouver? Why or why not?

Q: After the two trades, it looked like Vancouver would run with two defenders heading into the season, do you think this would have worked for the team this season?

Q: Trade continued to flow as Vancouver managers decide running two defenders too risky and completed a series of two more trade that seen the S89 Tor 2nd traded for S90 Cgy 2nd; which was quickly flipped with S90 Van 4th to DC for Reinhard von Kongming @Kylrad Completing or we are assuming completing the restructure of the wolves` defensive core. What do you think of the new defensive core and is it enough to help Vancouver win the Victory Cup and Continental Cup this coming season?

Q: Awards and I am not going to do this justice since two Vancouver Wolves from S88 were nominated for awards with Eagles @Greg_Di being nominated for the Boulet - Top Two-Way Forward and Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito being nominated for the Labatte - Top Defensemen. Which of these two players do you feel was more deserving of winning the award that they were nominated for? Why?  

Just realized I even didn`t mention or ask question about the World Cup of Hockey with former, new and current Vancouver Wolves all taking part and some player major roles while playing for their countries. Well, if I remember I might add some of those questions next week!! Either way thank you for your time today and we will see you the same Joker-time and same Joker-channel to find out what happens next in the VHL!!

@Tate @Kylrad@Gaikoku-hito@Scurvy@VattghernCZ@STZ@JB123@Spartan @Greg_Di@dogwoodmaple@Frank

Q: How do you think has been the biggest winner and loser of the UFA period in the VHL this off-season? Why?

I don't think there was anything overly huge happen. I didn't follow too closely. However, the defending champions did sign Board Game Clue on Skates, which likely is the biggest signing. I think overall teams don't rely on FA to build their teams, but I think the signings made all made sense.

Q: All looked quiet in the wolves’ den this off season until a series of trades blew up the defensive core with Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexzbeing traded to Toronto for S89 Tor 2nd round pick (18th overall)? What was your first thoughts when you saw this trade?

It;s unfortunately to lose a good member, but we were able to clear room for Brian Payne. I think it's an upgrade for the team, but it's always bittersweet when you have to ship a player off.

Q: Hours later, an even bigger trade involving three team, seen Jens Lekman @Bobcat traded to LA Stars, Warsaw collecting a bunch of picks but more importantly Vancouver landing 2nd All-star team defender, Valiq - Top Offensive Defensemen, Wylde - Top Defensive Defensemen, & Labatte - Top Defensemen nominated Brian Payne @Scurvy from Warsaw!! What did you think of this trade and do you think two top defensemen in Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito & Payne @Scurvy work in Vancouver? Why or why not?

Payne is a huge acquisition. I think that Bouchard has been needing this type of defense partner, and it's a huge get. I'm excited to see what the two will do. Payne has depreciated and levelled out his play since his dominant days of always being in award talks - but I still think he's going to be very effective for the Wolves.

Q: After the two trades, it looked like Vancouver would run with two defenders heading into the season, do you think this would have worked for the team this season?

Yes, I think this will be a great set up. We've seen it work in the past, and I'm pretty sure a few teams did it as recent as last season. I totally believe in loading up on two high TPE defensemen, and then running a deep forward core. I love the team make-up.

Q: Trade continued to flow as Vancouver managers decide running two defenders too risky and completed a series of two more trade that seen the S89 Tor 2nd traded for S90 Cgy 2nd; which was quickly flipped with S90 Van 4th to DC for Reinhard von Kongming @Kylrad Completing or we are assuming completing the restructure of the wolves` defensive core. What do you think of the new defensive core and is it enough to help Vancouver win the Victory Cup and Continental Cup this coming season?

Like I said in the previous Q, I think we are set up nicely. We are relying heavily on Payne and Bouchard, but I think they can handle the workload.

Q: Awards and I am not going to do this justice since two Vancouver Wolves from S88 were nominated for awards with Eagles @Greg_Di being nominated for the Boulet - Top Two-Way Forward and Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito being nominated for the Labatte - Top Defensemen. Which of these two players do you feel was more deserving of winning the award that they were nominated for? Why?  

I think they were both up against hard competition. They both had great years so it's nothing to be ashamed of not winning. They both made the Wolves proud even for just the nominations!

On 6/14/2023 at 3:51 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

What a crazy seventy-two hours, maybe even less when you look at the start of the UFA period, the trades, the draft and awards. Is this off season going to be remembered as one of the crazy ones? Well, we are here to talk about all this if I can manage to get the right questioned asked and cover all the tops. At least the season starts soon, right?

Q: How do you think has been the biggest winner and loser of the UFA period in the VHL this off-season? Why?

Haven't been following it so not sure who went where but I am sure some teams got better and some teams got worse. In the end the Wolves will still beat them all ;) 

Q: All looked quiet in the wolves’ den this off season until a series of trades blew up the defensive core with Jimmy MacElroy @Xflexzbeing traded to Toronto for S89 Tor 2nd round pick (18th overall)? What was your first thoughts when you saw this trade?

I knew when I saw this trade that something else was brewing as we were left with a big hole on  defense. It's always good to get picks though!

Q: Hours later, an even bigger trade involving three team, seen Jens Lekman @Bobcat traded to LA Stars, Warsaw collecting a bunch of picks but more importantly Vancouver landing 2nd All-star team defender, Valiq - Top Offensive Defensemen, Wylde - Top Defensive Defensemen, & Labatte - Top Defensemen nominated Brian Payne @Scurvy from Warsaw!! What did you think of this trade and do you think two top defensemen in Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito & Payne @Scurvy work in Vancouver? Why or why not?

I then saw this trade and was excited for this upcoming season. Even though Payne might be on the tail-end of his career, he is still a top notch, all-star caliber player. We know have a pretty stacked team on paper and hopefully we can have a good run this season.

Q: After the two trades, it looked like Vancouver would run with two defenders heading into the season, do you think this would have worked for the team this season?

I don't think 2 defenders would have worked; they would have been overplayed by the time the 2nd half of the season started. You need someone on the bench ready to go and jump in.

Q: Trade continued to flow as Vancouver managers decide running two defenders too risky and completed a series of two more trade that seen the S89 Tor 2nd traded for S90 Cgy 2nd; which was quickly flipped with S90 Van 4th to DC for Reinhard von Kongming @Kylrad Completing or we are assuming completing the restructure of the wolves` defensive core. What do you think of the new defensive core and is it enough to help Vancouver win the Victory Cup and Continental Cup this coming season?

I think the new defensive structure looks great on paper, we just now have to show the management team on the ice that these moves will help the team win.

Q: Awards and I am not going to do this justice since two Vancouver Wolves from S88 were nominated for awards with Eagles @Greg_Di being nominated for the Boulet - Top Two-Way Forward and Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito being nominated for the Labatte - Top Defensemen. Which of these two players do you feel was more deserving of winning the award that they were nominated for? Why?  

I don't think any of the two were more deserving then the other. Both were nominated for great seasons and both had a great chance of winning. Unfortunately it didn't happen this season but I have a feeling we will be seeing these two guys up for more nominations this season!

Just realized I even didn`t mention or ask question about the World Cup of Hockey with former, new and current Vancouver Wolves all taking part and some player major roles while playing for their countries. Well, if I remember I might add some of those questions next week!! Either way thank you for your time today and we will see you the same Joker-time and same Joker-channel to find out what happens next in the VHL!!

@Tate @Kylrad@Gaikoku-hito@Scurvy@VattghernCZ@STZ@JB123@Spartan @Greg_Di@dogwoodmaple@Frank

On 6/14/2023 at 3:51 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. I think it's clearly the Vancouver Wolves!  We're ready to roll into the season.

2. I was sad to see him go, but I always trust our GMs to do the best for our franchise.

3. There's no doubt that this trade was a massive win for Vancouver.  It could be enough to get us back to the finals

4. That's hard to answer, but I know GMs can get creative with lineups.

5. Definitely a prudent move by our front office to bolster our depth, no doubt about that.

6. Equally deserving!  

VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.47fe4c590defe499f4522ad590f24be6.jpg

Start of the Season

Here I am delaying since I want at least three days of sims before I give the team the kiss of death by stating how good the season has started but has it all be picture perfect with beautiful roses in the garden sipping so sweat tea in the sunny afternoon. I don`t know so why don`t you tell me by answering these questions in this week’s press conference. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: First game of the season was interesting since we gave up five unanswered goals to London in the first period; What do you think we learned from this situation about the Vancouver Wolves team?

Q: With five players above a point per game and three other players just a point or two behind a point per game pace at the moment; do you think the team can continue to be an offensive threat throughout the season and who do you think will lead the team by the end of the season in points?

Q: Vancouver after today sims sit at 4-3 in the first seven games and fifth place in North American conference. Are you concerned about the team start or is it too early to be concerned?

Q: Dam those Bears!! Dropped two games today against the Bears and they seem to always be in the wolves way. So, how do we beat the bears?

Q: If anyone should be Mayor of Vancouver that person would be ________________?

Q: Riddle: The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

On 6/20/2023 at 5:56 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Start of the Season

Here I am delaying since I want at least three days of sims before I give the team the kiss of death by stating how good the season has started but has it all be picture perfect with beautiful roses in the garden sipping so sweat tea in the sunny afternoon. I don`t know so why don`t you tell me by answering these questions in this week’s press conference. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: First game of the season was interesting since we gave up five unanswered goals to London in the first period; What do you think we learned from this situation about the Vancouver Wolves team?

Q: With five players above a point per game and three other players just a point or two behind a point per game pace at the moment; do you think the team can continue to be an offensive threat throughout the season and who do you think will lead the team by the end of the season in points?

Q: Vancouver after today sims sit at 4-3 in the first seven games and fifth place in North American conference. Are you concerned about the team start or is it too early to be concerned?

Q: Dam those Bears!! Dropped two games today against the Bears and they seem to always be in the wolves way. So, how do we beat the bears?

Q: If anyone should be Mayor of Vancouver that person would be ________________?

1. We can't let bad goals snowball like that. It was honestly embarassing, we looked like a junior team playing against pros out there.

2. We have three 1000+ TPA forwards and a nice, growing supporting cast around them, we're definitely bound to be one of the best offensive teams when all is said and done. I think it would be awesome to see Pearce end on a high note, being the top scorer on one of the best offensive teams.

3. Not concerned st all, just a rougher start for the team and some players - for example that incompetent wanker centering the second line.

4. I'd straight up cancel the whole franchise, I mean, why are they even here. I'm getting some Kings flashbacks from my VHLM days. I'm having nightmares about bears chasing me across a frozen lake. Gahd! Let's ramp up physicallity in games against them and make them pay!

5. Well definitely not Jim Benning. Frank makes a great GM, I think he could handle being the mayor as a side gig!

6. I actually know this one, it's footsteps! I wouldn't guess it myself, but I've already heard this one.

On 6/19/2023 at 11:56 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Start of the Season

We learned that we do not give up, we were down 5-0 in the first period but only lost the game 6-5. This means we kept fighting even though it looked like we would get nothing.

I think the offense will keep up as we have a very strong offensive team. I am hoping Eagles can lead the team in points this season as its his time to step up.

Nah, not concerned. We usually start slow and then pick up at the end of the season. Still lots of hockey left to play!

Just need to play a more physical game and intimidate them. Finish our checks. They have highly skilled players but once you start pushing them around they lose their concentration.

Voted for @dogwoodmaple (what he doesn't know is that I submitted his name in the ballot! Was a joke but who knew it would take off.)

Heard this one a while back so didn't have to google :P Steps!

On 6/19/2023 at 11:56 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Start of the Season

1. We were just shaking some rust off. Flush it and move in to the next one!

2. I think we'll continue to have depth from top to bottom during the season.

3. Nah, way too early to worry.  We'll get it right!

4. I think we should force them to only play with three skaters at all times.

5. ME!!! OF COURSE

6. Footsteps!

Q: First game of the season was interesting since we gave up five unanswered goals to London in the first period; What do you think we learned from this situation about the Vancouver Wolves team?

We need to be ready for the start of the game. Clearly London caught us asleep at the wheel and we paid for it. I think we've been better prepared going forward!

Q: With five players above a point per game and three other players just a point or two behind a point per game pace at the moment; do you think the team can continue to be an offensive threat throughout the season and who do you think will lead the team by the end of the season in points?

Payne and Pearce were brought in to be the driving force for both defense and scoring. I think we will see Pearce as our top scorer at eh end of the season.

Q: Vancouver after today sims sit at 4-3 in the first seven games and fifth place in North American conference. Are you concerned about the team start or is it too early to be concerned?

Too early to be concerned. We a re a good team, and we are only getting better. I think we have confidence so I think we can handle the ups and downs of a season!

Q: Dam those Bears!! Dropped two games today against the Bears and they seem to always be in the wolves way. So, how do we beat the bears?

They are always built well. I think we just need ot play our game and lean into our strengths. Anything can happen when we enter that sim, we just have to believe we have done everything in our power to contribute to the win.

Q: If anyone should be Mayor of Vancouver that person would be ________________?

Kesler

Q: Riddle: The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

pictures?

Q: First game of the season was interesting since we gave up five unanswered goals to London in the first period; What do you think we learned from this situation about the Vancouver Wolves team?

That we're resilient and no lead is safe from us! Disappointed we couldn't complete the come back. 

Q: With five players above a point per game and three other players just a point or two behind a point per game pace at the moment; do you think the team can continue to be an offensive threat throughout the season and who do you think will lead the team by the end of the season in points?

So far we've been a streaky offensive and defensive team hopefully we can find spme consistency. 

Q: Vancouver after today sims sit at 4-3 in the first seven games and fifth place in North American conference. Are you concerned about the team start or is it too early to be concerned?

We're 11-9 now but I think there is reason to be optimistic. 

Q: Dam those Bears!! Dropped two games today against the Bears and they seem to always be in the wolves way. So, how do we beat the bears?

Let's save our wins for the post season. ;)

Q: If anyone should be Mayor of Vancouver that person would be ________________?

I recently saw an article about Maple vying to become mayor. So there's really only one possibility, Dogwood Maple!

Q: Riddle: The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

I scrolled up and saw pictures. So that's going to be my answer as well?

Animated GIF

Quarter of your Thoughts?

With the quarter mark of the season just being passed this week and the Vancouver Wolves being in a simple position as last season at 11-11-0 back in sixth place in the North American standings; it’s time to find out what the players feel about the season so far, what need to change and if they think the season today has been successful? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE  or all six  for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: 11-11 is the current Vancouver Wolves record. Are you happy with the way the team is playing at the moment?

Q: What has been the biggest surprise through the first quarter of the season?

Q: What has been the biggest disappointment through the first quarter of the season?

Q: What improvement do you think the Vancouver Wolve require (if any) at this stage of the

season?

Q: What do you think is Vancouver Wolves current strength?

Q: What do you think is Vancouver Wolves current weakness?

Can the Vancouver Wolves turn around the average start to the season?

joaquin phoenix joker movie GIF

Find out next time and we will see you the same Joker-time

and same Joker-channel to find out what happens next in the VHL!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

13 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Animated GIF

With the quarter mark of the season just being passed this week and the Vancouver Wolves being in a simple position as last season at 11-11-0 back in sixth place in the North American standings; it’s time to find out what the players feel about the season so far, what need to change and if they think the season today has been successful? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE  or all six  for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: 11-11 is the current Vancouver Wolves record. Are you happy with the way the team is playing at the moment?

Not that happy with the way we have been playing. We have a very talented group of players and need to play better. We had time to shake off the rust and now it's time to show what were really made off.

I think both Oreo and FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY have been great surprised in the first quarter. They have been playing amazingly well in there 2nd season and have been contributing at a good pace.

Q: What has been the biggest disappointment through the first quarter of the season?

My goal and point total, I was expecting to be in the top 5 but another slow start for Henry means I am playing catchup to the leaders once again.

Q: What improvement do you think the Vancouver Wolve require (if any) at this stage of the

season?

We need to be more consistent. We play 1 or 2 solid games where we look like no one can beat us and then the next few games we can't even score more then a few goals and look like a bottom feeding team. We just need to find that consistency and show up every night.

I think our depth is a great strength. We have some great players on the roster and everyone is contributing.

As mentioned above its consistency. We need to get better and we need to keep consistency.

On 6/27/2023 at 6:55 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Animated GIF

season?

1. We've picked it up nicely since this was asked. But anyway, we're one of the league's premier offensive teams, and our goal differential is good, I like how we play. The standing points will come.

2. Both Scurvy and their player, Brian Payne. Payne was my perennial Jake Wylde pick, to see him lead the team in points on top of that is awesome. And Scurvy, I didn't know them earlier, and they're an awesome person to have in the LR.

3. To be honest, myself. Not Wann Kerr, he's point per game, but rather me as a member, for some reason it's been hard for me to find the energy to socialize and be an LR presence. Just a rough patch, I gues haha.

4. Consistency. Our goal differential is good, but we're still middle of the pack team due to blowout games.

5. Definitely our offense and powerplay. We have six players at or over a point per game, with another two players not far behind.

6. We take too many penalties. Our penalty kill is good, but we count on it way too often

9 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

To be honest, myself. Not Wann Kerr, he's point per game, but rather me as a member, for some reason it's been hard for me to find the energy to socialize and be an LR presence. Just a rough patch, I gues haha.

Everyone has times of flex or at least I do. I have been rather quiet the past two weeks due to first being sick, hurting a knee and just not feeling the league at the moment. Doesn`t help when the team has been average. What I find is take the breaks when you need and then comeback when fresh. This happens a few times a season for me but I make sure that I am earning at least.

We have a good locker room, even more so with the addition of @Scurvy and @Spartan this season so it is okay to let them do the talking once in a while or others on the team. We take turns!!

(time difference also plays a role)

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

Well, we certainly turned things around as we sit 20-12-1. Very happy with the play of our team!

Probably the 10 wins we just got over the last 12 games or so. Been really impressive to see this stretch of wins.

Our PP Percentage is the worst in the league which is tough to see. I think we've had a lot of bounces go the other way, and that's disappointing.

Q: What improvement do you think the Vancouver Wolve require (if any) at this stage of the season?

Definitely we need to turn around the power play. The statistics look fine, we just need to put the puck in the net.

Getting shots on net has been a big strength. We lead the league currently, and we are creating a lot of chances in every game we play.

I could go back to our PP% but I won't. I think we are very streaky. We need to be more consistent to win in the playoffs - or, we just hope we hit a hot streak in playoffs. Our Shots Blocked is also one of the least in the league, however we don't surrender many shots in league comparisons.

On 6/27/2023 at 12:55 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Animated GIF

season?

1. No, but I have no doubt that we'll turn it around!

2. Biggest surprise has been our inconsistency so far.

3. The main disappointment is that our offense seems to go missing in action all too often.

4. Just more consistency and focus game in and game out.

5. STRENGTH is our depth!

6. WEAKNESS is that we can't seem to string a bunch of wins together!

My god 11-11 a week ago and now 21-12-1 . Can't wait to see where we are next week.

D.C. somehow staying in the playoff race with Bubbles amd Torq carrying the team.

Our record. Simon was really disrespecting our roster at the quarter mark. But were close to half way now and were trending in the right direction.

season?

We just need to keep improving from within and finding the right strategies. 

Goal scoring in bunches. Though we've been more consistent lately.

Q: What do you think is Vancouver Wolves current weakness?

5 on 5 defense. But that happens when you have a bot playing half the game.

Q:  From 11-11 to 22-12 I am pumped.  I was scared that my player was ruining the club for a second.  Glad we’re on track. 

Q  I think the slow start.  You look at the talent on this club and there is no rhyme or reason to the losses

Q right now I think we’re clicking.  Wouldn’t change much 

Q Biggest Suprise this season?  

Not surprising but Davos’s incredible start.  There on fire 

Q. Biggest Strength? 

team offense for sure and great chemistry on this club. Payne is so happy to be here in Vancouver