Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

1. Ah, Right Awards have been handed out; I guess that was towards the end of last week so did any of the Award winners surprise you? Which award & why?

That the Vancouver Wolves weren't awarded the Continental Cup, truly baffling. 

2. Brandt Fuhr @Tate won two awards this past week in the Top Goaltender - Aidan Shaw Trophy & Lowest GAA - Greg Clegane Trophy; do you think he has a chance to repeat? Why or why not?

At the time of writing this no. Because apparently Simon hates us now. Or I need to come up with better strategies.

3. Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito was also a big winner during the award show taking home three awards Top Defenseman - Sterling Labatte Trophy, Top Defensive Defenseman - Jake Wylde Trophy & Most Improved Player - Dustin Funk Trophy but he wasn`t nominated for the Top Offensive Defenseman - Alexander Valiq Trophy even with him sitting second overall in points by defenseman? Do you think he should have been nominated at least? Why or why not?

Yes. It was a poor decision to leave him off the ballot. But I've seen sone questionable decisions with that trophy.

4. Awards predictions for next season are open, do you have the Vancouver Wolves winning any awards next season? Who and which awards?

I have sone individuals but don't want to jinx us too much.

5. Vancouver Wolves won the Victory cup last season; do you think team has a good chance at repeating? And does it even matter?

Unless things turn around in a hurry were going to be fighting for that last wild card spot.

6. Riddle: A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn’t get a single hair on his head wet. Why?  

He was bald. 

the joker GIF by hoppip

Uh Oh!! Are we in trouble?

So it is the start of the regular season and also the start of school here in Japan. Yup, I am busy so I am not sure what I am going to asks this week as I have ten new lesson plans to create and plan before actually start teaching next week. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. 3-7-1 to start the first week of the season; Are you surprised?

2. With Vancouver being back-end heavy this season I figured that Vancouver could have a tough time scoring but an easy time of keeping the puck out of the net so what is more surprise stat the 2.18 GF or 3.18 GA ; both second worse in the league btw!!

3. Jimmy MacElroy currently leads the team in scoring; does this come as surprise and can Jimmy keep this pace?

4. While I don`t focus on other teams that much; who has the more surprise record so far Calgary Wranglers or the Seattle Bears? Why?

5. I guess since I am still looking at the standings; Which division is strongest this season? North American or European? Why?

6. No riddle as I cannot be bothered this week and yeah almost everyone got last week’s correct so I rather ask a non-related VHL question instead; plus I am drinking and watching the highlights; Has your NHL team made the play-off and do you like their chances at winning the cup?

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

I am Vancouver Canucks fan!!

@Baozi @dogwoodmaple @Greg_Di @Grape @VattghernCZ @JB123 @Gaikoku-hito @Hybrid1486 @Xflexz @Bobcat @Tate @Franklin @nikkisixx089 @Frank

6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

the joker GIF by hoppip

So it is the start of the regular season and also the start of school here in Japan. Yup, I am busy so I am not sure what I am going to asks this week as I have ten new lesson plans to create and plan before actually start teaching next week. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Very surprised, I think we have a talented team and should be doing much better. I am hoping this is just the off-season rust and that we will start playing much better heading forward.

2. With Vancouver being back-end heavy this season I figured that Vancouver could have a tough time scoring but an easy time of keeping the puck out of the net so what is more surprise stat the 2.18 GF or 3.18 GA ; both second worse in the league btw!!

2nd worse in the league is not a good stat in either! We have gotten off to a slow start but I think we are ready to breakout. We definitely need to be better on both ends of the ice.

3. Jimmy MacElroy currently leads the team in scoring; does this come as surprise and can Jimmy keep this pace?

A little surprising as we have some great offensive talent but thats great for Jimmy. He is stepping up when the team needs him and is proving to be a very valuable member of our team. Hopefully he can continue it throughout the season.

4. While I don`t focus on other teams that much; who has the more surprise record so far Calgary Wranglers or the Seattle Bears? Why?

I think Calgary as they won it all last year and still have a very talented team. Seattle is Seattle, Bana always finds a way to win somehow so its not that surprising. Calgary is definitely more suprising to me.

5. I guess since I am still looking at the standings; Which division is strongest this season? North American or European? Why?

I think NA is still the stronger division. I think it has the stronger teams player wise but like in any sport that can change in any season depending on trades or signings.

6. No riddle as I cannot be bothered this week and yeah almost everyone got last week’s correct so I rather ask a non-related VHL question instead; plus I am drinking and watching the highlights; Has your NHL team made the play-off and do you like their chances at winning the cup?

My team has made the playoffs and while I would like to say I do like there chances at playoffs.....they are the choke masters of the playoffs so who knows...yes i'm a Leafs fan haha

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

@Baozi @dogwoodmaple @Greg_Di @Grape @VattghernCZ @JB123 @Gaikoku-hito @Hybrid1486 @Xflexz @Bobcat @Tate @Franklin @nikkisixx089 @Frank

On 4/11/2023 at 1:40 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

the joker GIF by hoppip

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

1. Surprised? Nah. Surprised is an understatement. I expected a slight step back, maybe being just above 50%. But the start has been brutal. There's a lot of growing pain with this young team, let's not think too much about it.

2. The goals against make no sense. And it's not like we can't get a save, Fuhr has been fine. We're just not controlling puck possession well enough and allow too many shots.

3. Jimmy's a beast - defensively. I didn't know he's got this in him, it's awesome to see. It's a weird league where defense-first D-men end up being the top scoring blueliners, so why not. Only Simon knows.

4. Calgary. Seattle managed to hold on to their big last season acquisition in DeGroot and Lamb, and added Booberry, one of the best goalies. Their success shouldn't surprise anyone. Calgary on the other hand...I believe they're a sleeping giant. As long as their forward core is together, they're always gonna ber a force to be reckoned with.

5. I think NA. LA looks loaded, so does Seattle, then there's Calgary that's bound to break out. And of course us. I must say I don't really follow the game over the pond to be honest tho.

6. Huh? Wild winning the cup? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! As much as I want to be supportive, our most irreplaceable center Eriksson Ek just got injured, so did (probably) our second best forward's running mate MoJo. And so did Sundqvist, a two-time Cup winner playoff depth player par excellence. I think we're out in 6 games. But to be honest, I didn't even expect us to make the playoffs before the season.

11 minutes ago, VattghernCZ said:

Wild winning the cup?

Yeah, I don`t like the chance for the Wild before all the injuries as they have Dallas or Colorado in the first round was always going to be tough but on the road and down men. I say lucky to go five at this point; maybe slightly better chance if they get Dallas for no reason then Dallas needs to prove they are a top team.

17 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

My team has made the playoffs and while I would like to say I do like there chances at playoffs.....they are the choke masters of the playoffs so who knows...yes i'm a Leafs fan haha

Sadly, I don`t see them getting past Tampa again this season but if they do. I don`t see them getting past Boston even with Boston like to be Big chokers this play-off themselves. As the stage is set for them to choke. I also think the East is wide open as FLA, NYI, NYD don`t not scare me at all so it comes down to NYR, TBL, Tor & Bos with a flip of coining really. Also missing a team; which tells you what I think about them!! LOL! Oh, Carolina!! LOL!!

On 4/11/2023 at 7:40 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

the joker GIF by hoppip

1. Yeah, I thought we would have played a little better than that. I think we can still recover, but at the end of the day it's a process and I believe the team will get better and overcome this tough start.  We have a good group of young players that will be pushing every week to improve their attributes.

2. I think the GF stat is more surprising. I mean, I don'[t think having a deeper defense-core should really impact GF that much. But surprised that our forwards aren't scoring more. I think that's the anomoly, that when corrected, will show our team find success.

3. I think it was surprising. That has changed since the time of these questions being posted, and our big boys have showed up. I think Jimmy has been solid, and nothing to look past, but I think for our team to have success, Bouchard and Eagles need to be driving our offense.

4. Seattle sitting at 15-5-2 is quite impressive. I think the standings have balanmced out since the time of writing these questions - I don't think either record is shocking at this point, but kudos to the Bears for a strong start.

5. The EU has impressed. The NA 5th Overall team would actually be in second last place in the EU. That's good for us, the door is still wide open in the NA for us!

6. They have. Maple Leafs, baby. I think they have a shot at making a run with this team. However, I've seen some real bullshit and heartbreak in my time as a Leafs fan.

Joaquin Phoenix Smile GIF

Are we improving?

The Vancouver Wolves sounds more like dogs then wolves to start the season as it has been a rough start!! LOL!! Ah, Bad joke I know!! But the biggest question I guess that needs to be answered at the moment is can the current team turn the season around. Well, We are here to hold the players on the team accountable so let’s ask them some tough questions; or not!!  Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: The team is now 6-12-4 (3-5-3 this past week) but are still within reach of a wildcard spot as they are only 4pts back of Calgary as I write these questions. Do you think we can make up more ground and make the Play-offs?

Q: If we make the play-offs; which of the teams currently in the play-off position drops out and why? (Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, New York & Calgary)

Q: Itchy Finger @Frank has made a couple of quick trades in the past 24hrs with Ryuji Sakamoto trade for a 2nd & Marcel Janser and then Marcel Janser traded for Branden Skuin & 2nd; Did these trades surprise you? Why or why not?

Q: Vancouver also adds another defender in Logain Ablar @Kesler via Free agency signing adding five defenders to the back-end; Do you like the rebuilt defence and do you think it will add our current second worse goals against?

Q: I guess the elephant in the room cannot be avoided any longer so I will just jump on the beast and try to wrestle it to the ground; Who do you think will be traded next if anyone?

Q: Riddle: An elephant in Africa is called Lala. An elephant in Asia is called Lulu. What do you call an elephant in Antarctica?

elephant GIF by Lil Dicky

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Grape@dogwoodmaple@Greg_Di@JB123@STZ@VattghernCZ@Morcar80@Xflexz@Bobcat@Kelsier@Tate@G_Rush@Franklin@nikkisixx089

On 4/11/2023 at 7:40 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

the joker GIF by hoppip

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

1. Yes.  But we'll turn it around!

2. GF, definitely. I'm really disappointed that I haven't been able to lead the offense to a high powered level.

3. I sure hope so! We need all the help we can get on offense.

4. Probably Seattle.  I'm surprised with how they've fared thus far, but it wouldn't shock me to see them make changes.

5. North American, I guess I'd have to say.  Not sure there's a huge difference though

6. My NHL team s the Atlanta Thrashers :(

3 minutes ago, dogwoodmaple said:

My NHL team s the Atlanta Thrashers :(

Sad, Since I think it could have really worked in Atlanta with the Thrashers but also happy to have Winnipeg back as I grew-up a Winnipeg fan; which is funny to say since I haven`t cheered for them in years since they left to Phoenix or since Atlanta moved to the Peg.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:09 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Are we improving?

The Vancouver Wolves sounds more like dogs then wolves to start the season as it has been a rough start!! LOL!! Ah, Bad joke I know!! But the biggest question I guess that needs to be answered at the moment is can the current team turn the season around. Well, We are here to hold the players on the team accountable so let’s ask them some tough questions; or not!!  Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: The team is now 6-12-4 (3-5-3 this past week) but are still within reach of a wildcard spot as they are only 4pts back of Calgary as I write these questions. Do you think we can make up more ground and make the Play-offs?

I hope so, this team is good enough to make the playoffs and if we play to our capability I know we can get at minimum the wildcard spot.

Q: If we make the play-offs; which of the teams currently in the play-off position drops out and why? (Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, New York & Calgary)

I would say Seattle, only reason I say that is still bitter from when they knocked us out of the playoffs when we had our amazing season.

Q: Itchy Finger @Frank has made a couple of quick trades in the past 24hrs with Ryuji Sakamoto trade for a 2nd & Marcel Janser and then Marcel Janser traded for Branden Skuin & 2nd; Did these trades surprise you? Why or why not?

Management has to do what they have to do to get the team back on track and so far it looks like it is working. Hopefully we can continue playing well for the rest of the season.

Q: Vancouver also adds another defender in Logain Ablar @Kesler via Free agency signing adding five defenders to the back-end; Do you like the rebuilt defence and do you think it will add our current second worse goals against?

We can only get better in this respect, we need to keep the puck out of the net and hopefully these changes add some protection for Fuhr.

Q: I guess the elephant in the room cannot be avoided any longer so I will just jump on the beast and try to wrestle it to the ground; Who do you think will be traded next if anyone?

Anyone with a letter ;) My own feelings are that there will not be any major moves until atleast the trade deadline. Management will have to evaluate where we are at and if we have a good chance at the playoffs.

Q: Riddle: An elephant in Africa is called Lala. An elephant in Asia is called Lulu. What do you call an elephant in Antarctica?

There are elephants in Antarctica? I don't know if they would survive in the cold but if there was any there I would guess they would call them elephants lol.

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Grape@dogwoodmaple@Greg_Di@JB123@STZ@VattghernCZ@Morcar80@Xflexz@Bobcat@Kelsier@Tate@G_Rush@Franklin@nikkisixx089

1. Hell yeah. Definitely going to get into playoffs. Not sure what team we knock off, but the boys are buzzing and we are going to make a run here. Big trade to acquire Peace, I think we look dangerous!

2. It's hard to say. I think all five teams are strong, and it's insane to think one would be the odd man out. NYA might be the team that falls out, I can't see Calgary dropping like the RL Flames did.

3. They did, only because we just got Saka. The trade has paid off immediately though. Clearly there are times when a change of scenery is needed. The fact that Frank went out and made moves as he saw the chemistry with the team wasn't there, is great to see. He definitely knows how to build a winning team.

4. It will definitely improve. At the end of the day we all are responsible for defense and our Goals Against. We can't rely on a depth mid-season FA signing to change that - it's on the whole team to get better.

5. I actually don't think we will be forced to move anyone next season. There is a good possibility there's a trade, but there's not a situation where Frank will be forced to move anyone. Once Oeo and Analfist come off their rookie contracts, that's a different story..

6. I don't think there's ever been an elephant in Antarctica... But likely they would just call it an elephant lol...

I always answer these too late. We did make up ground and are now tied with NY for the final wildcard spot. We've steadily improved our goal differential over the past week so hopefully that trend continues and we start chasing LA and CGY. 

Q: If we make the play-offs; which of the teams currently in the play-off position drops out and why? (Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, New York & Calgary)

Has to be New York. They've had similar sim luck to us this season and haven't done much to this stage to improve their chances.

Q: Itchy Finger @Frank has made a couple of quick trades in the past 24hrs with Ryuji Sakamoto trade for a 2nd & Marcel Janser and then Marcel Janser traded for Branden Skuin & 2nd; Did these trades surprise you? Why or why not?

Since I made the trades, no they didn't. I think we got better though. Our defense was too "defensive" so to speak and the added cap room allowed us to bring in Kyle Peace @Peace later in the week. We'll see if it's enough to get us into the wild card at seasons end. 

Q: Vancouver also adds another defender in Logain Ablar @Kesler via Free agency signing adding five defenders to the back-end; Do you like the rebuilt defence and do you think it will add our current second worse goals against?

I like that he has a pretty even build with some higher scoring. I'm hoping that pairs well with @Xflexz MacElroy's build. 

Narrator: Branden Skuin was next to be dealt. The way the team is set currently is how I foresee it next season. We just need to let Kerr, FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY and Oreo continue cooking. 

Q: Riddle: An elephant in Africa is called Lala. An elephant in Asia is called Lulu. What do you call an elephant in Antarctica?

Dead elephants can't survive in that climate. I have no idea if that's true or not. 

Are we improving?

1. We are absolutely going to make it at least as a wildcard.  We're going to get things rolling ASAP

2. That, I don't know.  I just hope we catch one of them!

3. A little bit, but I think they were good moves overall

4. I think the rebuilt defense will be what gets us to the promised land

5. Hopefully not me!!!

6. Frozen?

The Riddler Batman GIF

Retro Theme week

When I think of retro, I think of old so I guess this week I could ask you a bunch of slow, mushy and a bit greenish questions to fit right into the theme. Makes me wonder what an old age retirement home of old VHL players would look like and if we would see a bunch of old disgruntled old men all talking about when they were younger!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Think of the past I guess some of the questions will ask about the history of the Vancouver Wolves so without much more waffling here are the questions:

Q: Who is best all-time player in Vancouver Wolves history?

Q: Who is the best all round defender in Vancouver Wolves history?

Q: Yup, you guessed correct who is the best all round goaltender in the Vancouver Wolves history?

Q: Which team is the greatest all time Championship team in the Vancouver Wolves history?

Q: If we could move the team back to Quebec, would you be in favor or against it? Why or why not?

Q: Riddle: I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?

Answer:

Spoiler

The Letter E (End, timE, SpacE)

New Year Frohes Neues Jahr GIF

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Grape@dogwoodmaple@Greg_Di@JB123@STZ@VattghernCZ@Morcar80@Xflexz@Bobcat@Kelsier@Tate@G_Rush@Franklin@nikkisixx089@Peace

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

On 4/25/2023 at 7:58 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

The Riddler Batman GIF

Retro Theme week

When I think of retro, I think of old so I guess this week I could ask you a bunch of slow, mushy and a bit greenish questions to fit right into the theme. Makes me wonder what an old age retirement home of old VHL players would look like and if we would see a bunch of old disgruntled old men all talking about when they were younger!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Think of the past I guess some of the questions will ask about the history of the Vancouver Wolves so without much more waffling here are the questions:

Q: Yup, you guessed correct who is the best all round goaltender in the Vancouver Wolves history?

Q: Which team is the greatest all time Championship team in the Vancouver Wolves history?

Q: If we could move the team back to Quebec, would you be in favor or against it? Why or why not?

Q: Riddle: I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Grape@dogwoodmaple@Greg_Di@JB123@STZ@VattghernCZ@Morcar80@Xflexz@Bobcat@Kelsier@Tate@G_Rush@Franklin@nikkisixx089@Peace

1. Well, Hunter Hearst Helmsley was the only Vancouver player to win the Boulet - my favourite trophy - so it has to be him, right? No, seriously, I'll go with the easy answer and say Andrew Su.

2. I'd say it's a two-way tie between Jeff Downey and Pierre Emile Bouchard. But obviously Bouchy is still on the team, give it a season or two and it will be him all alone

3. It's Brandt Fuhr pretty much uncontested, I'd say. Thadius Sales was great as well, but I don't think two seasons on the team are long enough to really be considered a GOAT.

4. S81 and S82 teams were stellar, winning both Victory Cup and Continental Cup, but I have to give it to the S82 squad. Losing only 2 playoff games during the whole run is just not fair.

5. That's a nope. Kerr has just bought an apartment in Vancouver. He doesn't speak chokefroggish either.

6. I have no idea. OK, I looked at the answer, and I have to say I genuinely despise this riddle's existence.

On 4/25/2023 at 1:58 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

The Riddler Batman GIF

Retro Theme week

Q: Think of the past I guess some of the questions will ask about the history of the Vancouver Wolves so without much more waffling here are the questions:

Greg Eagles! Haha j/k but I am biased towards my old player. I would have to say Robin Galante Nilsson due to the fact he is the Wolves career point leader

Same as above, Nilsson was a stud and played his whole career with the Wolves. Bouchard is a close second though and maybe one day in the future will take that #1 spot

Greg Eagles, biased towards my own player. 4th most wins in Wolves history, top GAA in wolves history (with 50+ games played or more), tied for 2nd with most shutouts in Wolves history (but also 100+ games played less then #1 and tied #2) and also a Greg Clegane and Aidan Shaw winner with the Wolves

S87 team! We had a great team and played really well in the playoffs but also biased as that was my first cup win with Henry Eagles.

No, I would be against it. Team is suited better in Vancouver on the west coast and the name just sounds better.

Answer: good riddle, wasn't expecting that answer but now that I know the answer its so plain to see!

Reveal hidden contents

On 4/25/2023 at 1:58 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

The Riddler Batman GIF

Retro Theme week

Think of the past I guess some of the questions will ask about the history of the Vancouver Wolves so without much more waffling here are the questions:

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I spent some time with Jake Wylde in QC. I can’t think of any other HOF player of note that was a QC main player. He’s definitely not the best franchise player but one of the best that put on the black and white. If we are talking all-time franchise guys might be Valiq or Brovy? Sorry, I only really know QC stats off the top of my head!

2. I would say Wylde. he went into the Hall with some pretty amazing defensive stats, in addition to offensive numbers.

3. Skylar Rift was a big time QC player. He had some big time success. I think he was maybe the most dominant goalie in Wolves history - when I think of a goalie putting the team on their back.

4. I’ll say the team Frank won with last. Screw the meta teams haha. Still sour as a Moscow alumni lol.

5. Absolutely. I would love to see that happen. I don’t mind being in Vancouver - and it would be hard to explain a move from
VAN back to QC considering how big of a hockey market Vancouver is. But QC will always have a special place in my heart in VHL history.

6. E

batman joker GIF

Trade Deadline

The day that marks the end of the season for Managers since they can no longer make any changes through trades at least. How do the players feel about the current roster? If they will be traded or maybe they have just been traded for? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Another trade made a few days before the deadline when Vancouver Management moved two third round draft picks to DC Dragons for forward Matt Avens; While this be enough to help the team hang onto a Wildcard spot and do some damage in the play-offs?

Q: Multiple choice question: In the past four years since Frank has taken over as the General Manager of the Vancouver Wolves; How many trades has he completed?

A: 31                B: 20                😄 40                😧 Does it matter?

Q: When the trade deadline arrives do you get nervous as a player or excited? Why?

Q: By the end of trade deadline day; Do you think you will like the Vancouver Wolves chances in making the play-off and winning the Continental Cup? Why or why not?

Q: Play GM: If you could make one trade at the deadline What trade would you make and why?

Q: Another Multiple choice question: What would you rate as successful season for the Vancouver Wolves at the trade deadline?  Why?

A: Wildcard Spot                     B: Finals                       😄 Champions              😧 Already Successful

Happy Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Grape@dogwoodmaple@Greg_Di@JB123@STZ@VattghernCZ@Morcar80@Xflexz@Bobcat@Kelsier@Tate@G_Rush@Franklin@nikkisixx089@Peace@Mr Bohannan

1 hour ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

batman joker GIF

Trade Deadline

The day that marks the end of the season for Managers since they can no longer make any changes through trades at least. How do the players feel about the current roster? If they will be traded or maybe they have just been traded for? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: Another trade made a few days before the deadline when Vancouver Management moved two third round draft picks to DC Dragons for forward Matt Avens; While this be enough to help the team hang onto a Wildcard spot and do some damage in the play-offs?

Q: Multiple choice question: In the past four years since Frank has taken over as the General Manager of the Vancouver Wolves; How many trades has he completed?

Q: When the trade deadline arrives do you get nervous as a player or excited? Why?

Q: By the end of trade deadline day; Do you think you will like the Vancouver Wolves chances in making the play-off and winning the Continental Cup? Why or why not?

Q: Play GM: If you could make one trade at the deadline What trade would you make and why?

Q: Another Multiple choice question: What would you rate as successful season for the Vancouver Wolves at the trade deadline?  Why?

A: Wildcard Spot                     B: Finals                       😄 Champions              😧 Already Successful

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Grape@dogwoodmaple@Greg_Di@JB123@STZ@VattghernCZ@Morcar80@Xflexz@Bobcat@Kelsier@Tate@G_Rush@Franklin@nikkisixx089@Peace@Mr Bohannan

1. I think this will help us get over the hump and get into the playoffs, no doubt.

2. Is 1,000 an option?  :)

3. I get nervous because I'm scared as heck y'all are gonna trade me!

4. I like our chances to make the playoffs, but we need to get hot at the right time.

5. That's a good question and one that I don't have a great answer for. I do know that our GMs haven't led us astray yet!

6. Wildcard!

It's going to be one of Fuhr/Bouchard/Maple/H. Eagles. I'm choosing to ignore meta era.

Again in the spirit of ignoring meta era I'm going to say Pierre Emile Bouchard ;)

I'm answering these questions with a theme while ignoring theme week. Brandt Fuhr is about to break the all-time wins record for Wolves goalies and already has countless hardware.

Season 86 AINEC. The fact we went from wil card team to championship is pretty incredible.

At first I was for it but was denied and now the team has built a new identity post meta. So I think we stick around for the time being. 

Q: Riddle: I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?

I cheated and looked up. E it is. 

5 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

batman joker GIF

Trade Deadline

1. A veteran presence like Matt will help a ton. He's also a former 50-goal scorer and a career almost points-per-game playoff performer, it can't hurt having someone like that in the lineup. With the team's core of the Cup winners, we won't go down easily.

2. It feels like a few hundreds at least, just in the season and half I've been here, honestly. So...does it matter?

3. Definitely nervous this season. I feel like I haven't been playing my best hockey, and my NTC is kicking in next season. I'll feel more confident having some control with the NTC.

4. Elite goaltender - check. Labatte caliber defenseman - check. High-end forward line - check. Depth - check. Yeah, I like our chances.

5. I'd like to have a pure stay-at-home, physical defenseman on the team. I'm not saying any particular name, and there's no one on the team I'd want to be involved in the trade, it's just an idea for the sake of having one.

6. Conference finals. Last postseason was a bust, we need to aim high to get somewhere.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:11 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

batman joker GIF

Trade Deadline

Any help will be a big boost to the team. I think we can definitely hold onto the wildcard spot and make a run in the post-season. We have a solid team and I think we have enough in the tank for a long run.

I am going to go with C - Frank loves his trades so I will take my chances on the highest number lol

Neither, I don't pay much attention to it. Whatever happens will happen and we have no control over it. My job is to play hockey and put up some points. I leave all the trading nerves and excitement to the management team

I always like our chances at making the playoffs and winning the cup so the deadline won't affect that. I trust in the management team to put the best possible team out on the ice to help us achieve our goals.

Maybe trade for a solid up and coming goalie. With Fuhr retiring soon and us having nobody in the prospect pipeline, it would be the one and only trade I would try to make.

B: We should always aim to make the finals and it won't be a successful season unless we do in my opinion. We have the right players to cause some upsets in the playoffs and I believe we will.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:11 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

batman joker GIF

Trade Deadline

1. Low risk trade. It creates depth for the team, I like it. We are loaded with future players right now, so the picks aren't really needed. Great trade imo.

2. I'll say 31, just because it's probably not an even number... I dunno, maybe it is... But I do more than enough league math in trivia, I'm not doing it here.

3. I get excited. It's always interesting to see what kind of last minute tweaks will be made to the line-up in order to ice the best team possible. I've never been moved on TD, so I suppose that's why I'm never worried.

4. Yes. I think we already have a chance - a pretty good one. I know the standings only tell part of the story for our team. We are an improving roster, that have been red hot as of late. I think even if we were to make no trades, we still have a shot at a solid Championship run.

5. I think we could add depth to our defense. I really don't think we need to make any big changes, though. Frank made some pretty big ones mid season, and even right before the start of the season with Nezuko.

6. A. I think making playoffs and being competitive in the first round would be a successful year for the team.

the dark knight joker GIF

Last week of the season?!?!?

Wow, Either I have been half asleep during the season or I have been so busy that I didn`t even realize that the season was coming to a conclusion this week until I read it somewhere on the forums. What a season it has been for the Vancouver Wolves with the lows of the first twenty or so games to the trades leading to current run back to Wildcard placement. I guess we could do a review like press conference but we will see what happens as I haven`t consider any question yet for this one. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Q: With the season winding down at the end of the week, who do you think has been the Vancouver Wolves MVP this season? Why?

Q: Staying along the same concept, who has been the unsung hero this season? Why?

Q: Blessed with two rookies this season; Oreo McFleury @JB123 & FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist @STZ; who do you think should be the Vancouver Wolves Rookie of the season? Why?

Q: Interesting situation this season where all our prospects are either playing with the Wolves or inactive so what should we do with the Top Prospect Award this season? Hand it out to one of our two rookies based on performance or not award it this season as we actually don`t have any prospects?

Q: We have three players set to retire at the end of the season; Kyle Peace @Peace, Matt Avens @Mr Bohannan and Logain Ablar @Kelsier all brought into the team to help stabilize the roster. Who are you going to miss the most and why?

Q: Do you have any outstanding goals for the last week of the season; Team; personal etc….. What are they and by the end of the season should you have reached them?

Ttrpg GIF by zoefannet