Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 10/3/2022 at 6:11 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1663617840_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.ed1b54b8386fa6599ce65117c6482245.jpg

Trade Deadline Addition

Either one of the most exciting or more nerve-racking time of the year when all the general managers in the league either look to improve their championship chances or look at setting the team on fire; while hoping to become a phoenix raising from the ashes in future seasons. Yup, it is trade deadline day!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. Current Vancouver Wolves General Manager decided to stay pat on this year’s trade deadline day? Do you think this was the right move as the team currently sits first in the North American standings?

2. If you could have completed one single trade for the Vancouver Wolves management; What or who would you have traded for and why?

3. Since not much happened around Vancouver or the teams prospects this trade deadline let’s talk about some of the other trades that actually took place. First let’s start with HC Davos trading away pending UFA David Davis, prospect Juan Sano III and two picks in return for Xavier Booberry and a pick from Helsinki. What are your thoughts and who won this trade?

4. Second trade also involves Helsinki as they traded disgruntled Hammar Voss and former 4th Overall Cobalt Burns and pick for a boat load of prospects in Doug Britton, Reid Johnson and Tater Tottingham and 2nd round pick in S87. Again, who do you think won the trade and why?  

5. With eighteen games remaining and only one of the dreaded back-up games have been played; Are you considered about how B-Van G1 is going to play?

6. Riddle: Staying with the trade theme today’s riddle is based on stock market trades.

Let`s say the stock price was 10 two days ago. It dropped by 50% yesterday and raised by 50% today. What is the stock price now?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

10 dropped by 50% to 5. Then raised 50% of 5 to 7.5. 7.5 is the answer!!  

1. Anytime a team is in first its a sign you don't need to fix what aint broke

2. I wouldn't have made any trades tbh

3. Goaltending is what wins games and Davos win this trade

4. When you get that many prospects you win the trade easily. 

5. They will perform better than our reg goalie ;)

6. 7.5?

1- yes as we have the pieces to get the job done and make a really good case for winning the cup.

2- Moving a 2nd round pick to upgrade a depth position.

3- Helsinki has been a mess since Jubo left so I have to side with any move made is a loss for Helsinki. Blunt but honest.

4- any time you can move a disgruntled member for something promising is a win in my book.

5- we’re in the playoffs, doesn’t matter who we face round 1. You eventually have to go through the best of the rest.

6- the answer is 7.5

On 10/3/2022 at 7:11 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1663617840_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.ed1b54b8386fa6599ce65117c6482245.jpg

Trade Deadline Addition

Either one of the most exciting or more nerve-racking time of the year when all the general managers in the league either look to improve their championship chances or look at setting the team on fire; while hoping to become a phoenix raising from the ashes in future seasons. Yup, it is trade deadline day!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!1

1. Current Vancouver Wolves General Manager decided to stay pat on this year’s trade deadline day? Do you think this was the right move as the team currently sits first in the North American standings?

2. If you could have completed one single trade for the Vancouver Wolves management; What or who would you have traded for and why?

3. Since not much happened around Vancouver or the teams prospects this trade deadline let’s talk about some of the other trades that actually took place. First let’s start with HC Davos trading away pending UFA David Davis, prospect Juan Sano III and two picks in return for Xavier Booberry and a pick from Helsinki. What are your thoughts and who won this trade?

4. Second trade also involves Helsinki as they traded disgruntled Hammar Voss and former 4th Overall Cobalt Burns and pick for a boat load of prospects in Doug Britton, Reid Johnson and Tater Tottingham and 2nd round pick in S87. Again, who do you think won the trade and why?  

5. With eighteen games remaining and only one of the dreaded back-up games have been played; Are you considered about how B-Van G1 is going to play?

6. Riddle: Staying with the trade theme today’s riddle is based on stock market trades.

Let`s say the stock price was 10 two days ago. It dropped by 50% yesterday and raised by 50% today. What is the stock price now?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

10 dropped by 50% to 5. Then raised 50% of 5 to 7.5. 7.5 is the answer!!  

1. I think so. We've got some good mojo in the locker room right now with no major needs.

2. I would have traded for all of my former Las Vegas Aces teammates - love those guys!

3. Huge win for Davos. I think it'll pay huge dividends immediately.

4. I tend to think those trades for massive picks/prospects have a lower hit rate than trading for players.  Not sure it'll be worth it in the long run. 

5. We're going to stay hot and honestly we might win out.  We're clicking!

6. $7.50

On 10/3/2022 at 7:11 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. I think it was the right call. We had a plan from the beginning of the season to play through the veterans on the team to allow the rookies and sophomores to develop over the course of the season and continue to improve. We're holding the course and it's been going according to plan for the most part. 

2. I don't know how it would have worked, but it'd have been nice to acquire Florida Man from Helsinki. We don't have space for him, but I had a great time playing alongside him last season and wish he could get out of Helsinki soon.

3. Frankly I don't think Davos upgraded here outside the contract situation with the goalies. If they liked Booberry more than Davis, then fine, can't blame them for it. But to trade a strong prospect and some picks for a goalie who is signed longer just shows a lack of faith in the organization's ability to keep their stars happy and signed. 

4. I'd probably say Helsinki again since Johnson and Tottingham are pretty solid players, and a 2nd is great as well. Burns hasn't played to his potential quite yet and Voss is a solid player, but he is also a pending UFA. I don't think Malmo is ready to be making a push for the cup so the move surprised me.

5. Well he seemed to hold his own for the most part which is pleasant. Just glad we're still winning games and trying to get the best seeding possible for the playoffs.

6. $7.50?

1579814301_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.17638f8a3afe1950db8025d05cc8f0f1.jpg

End of the regular season

Wow, is all I can say since this season went by quickly; so, I guess I will start off with a weighted question maybe to slow things down a bit. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. At this point of the season, what has been the highlight for the Vancouver Wolves to date?

2. Three games remaining as I write this press conference so what expectation or any goals do you have remaining for these three games? (Team or player)

3. Do you think we can still catch Calgary Wranglers for first in the conference with the three games remaining? Does it matter if we finish first?

4. Looking ahead to the first round of the play-offs, who would you like to meet in the first round of the play-offs? Why?

5. Let’s assume we get through the conference of death and make it to the Continental Cup Finals, who would you like to meet in the finals? Why?

6. Fill in the blank:

Vancouver Wolves will be Continental Champions if ________________________.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. At this point of the season, what has been the highlight for the Vancouver Wolves to date?

The true culmination of a team, and a new generation of Wolves to represent Vancouver.  In one single offseason our GM @Frank has single handedly changed the fortune of the team.  Now it's our time to pay him back come the postseason!

2. Three games remaining as I write this press conference so what expectation or any goals do you have remaining for these three games? (Team or player)

I am hoping we can finish strong and head into the playoffs with momentum.  I do really believe that anything is possible this year.

3. Do you think we can still catch Calgary Wranglers for first in the conference with the three games remaining? Does it matter if we finish first?

I think we can but it doesn't matter, we have proven ourselves to be a strong regular season team.

4. Looking ahead to the first round of the play-offs, who would you like to meet in the first round of the play-offs? Why?

Any one of the North American contenders are formidable opponents and it's going to sound crazy but let's try and get Seattle out of the way. They're always a threat no matter what round.

5. Let’s assume we get through the conference of death and make it to the Continental Cup Finals, who would you like to meet in the finals? Why?

For the same reason as Seattle in the previous question, I want Warsaw.  If you're going to win, why not make it glorious?

6. Fill in the blank:

Vancouver Wolves will be Continental Champions if it all goes to plan.  We need to score and we need to defend if we're going to win!

1. How our team works together, each player giving something to the team.
2. Hope we can win the last 3 games and keep the good morale in the team for the play-offs.
3. Mathematically yes, but i dont think we will. And its nice to finish first, but play-off is a new start anyway for the teams
4. Any of the teams tbh, i am excited to have my first VHL play-offs in my rookie season.
5. Moscow i guess, can be interesting to watch Spartan as player on one side and manager on other side. Well at least he will get the cup for sure in that case.
6. Simple, if be beat every opponent we get in play-offs.

1. At this point of the season, what has been the highlight for the Vancouver Wolves to date? 

building a core for the future. Great work by our GM here.

11 more hits to pass my career high! Maybe a few more goals, taken a big fall there from 23 last season to just 10.

Anything is possible but odds are we do not catch them.

DC or LA. Lower scoring clubs for us to skate by in round one…. I hope!

my old club Moscow. I think Warsaw overperformed this season and won’t make the finals.

6. Fill in the blank:

Vancouver Wolves will be Continental Champions if we score more goals then our opponent lol, sorry for the captain obvious response.

The locker room atmosphere and how everyone is willing to work together for the common goal of winning the cup. It has been great to be a part of this locker room and team.

More goals! I have been slacking in this department in my first season and looking to improve this side of my game so that I can help out more in the playoffs.

Will be tough but I think Calgary will get first overall. In the end it doesn't really matter as long as we avoid the wildcard rounds.

Doesn't matter who we play to be honest, Playoffs are a whole different ball game and we need to be prepared and 100% ready to go no matter what team we go against.

Similar to the answer above. To me it doesn't matter. We have to beat everyone we come across to win the cup, doesn't matter where they come from.

6. Fill in the blank:

Vancouver Wolves will be Continental Champions if ________________________

If we continue playing as a team and keep training/improving for the playoff run

Acquiring Biggie Cheese, their best player. Cheese is much better than Nico Pearce @Spartan

I set a career high in goals so that was cool.

I'm from the future, we did not catch them. I don't think it matters, we would most likely have to play either Seattle or D.C. anyways and they're both good.

D.C. I guess. Some weird shit would've had to happen for us not to.

London because they are pretty bid, they just got carried hard by Jerome.

6. Fill in the blank:

Vancouver Wolves will be Continental Champions if they win 3 seven game playoff series in a row.

On 10/10/2022 at 8:36 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1579814301_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.17638f8a3afe1950db8025d05cc8f0f1.jpg

End of the regular season

Wow, is all I can say since this season went by quickly; so, I guess I will start off with a weighted question maybe to slow things down a bit. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

6. Fill in the blank:

Vancouver Wolves will be Continental Champions if ________________________.

1. Honestly?  As great as all the success has been, the best part is just the camaraderie in the locker room on a daily basis.

2. Hopefully a trio of wins!

3. I'm not sure we can catch them, but it won't matter. We'll need to bring our A-game in the playoffs no matter who we play.

4. I'd like to play a group of high schoolers because it would mean an easy series win. Get me to the finals!

5. That's tough. Part of me wants some revenge, part of me wants to take down an elite team, and part of me just wants the hardware.

6. We are great at the penalty kill

639165154_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.7160c115a5885df0ac343b3ae01ca695.jpg

Wild Card Games

Well, well!! Here we are still waiting to play a single game in these play-offs so we better be ready, right? I guess we can talk about the wild card round since we are still waiting to play a game in our first round series but I guess it is better then golfing, right? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.   Vancouver Wolves finished third overall in the league this season and second overall in the North America Conference. Did this come as a bit of a surprise based on where we drafted last season?

2.     Simple question I think but what have you been doing to stay ready for the first round of the play-offs while we want for the Wildcard games to be played?

3.     Talking about wildcard games; were you surprised by any of the results with HC Davos & Malmo going the full five games (wanted to write seven) and Chicago Phoenix upsetting the Seattle Bears?

4.     Nico Pearce had another impressive season with 50 goals and 99 points but missed out on Kevin Brooks Trophy by a single goal. Is this disappointing or will it be something that doesn`t matter if we lift the trophy later?

5.     Brandt Fuhr had a great season with 37 wins, 2.36 GA and .928 sav%. Do think he will land the Aidan Shaw Award? Do you best to convince others why he should win the Aidan Shaw Award.

6.     Riddle: I`m tall when I`m young and I`m short when I`m old. What am I?

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. Maybe a little surprised, but i believed in our team, and that we can make the play-off
2. Train hard, work hard so i can help the team best way possible.
3. Davos vs. Malmö wasnt really a surprise for me, but Chicago vs Seattle was, i expected the Seattle to go through wild card.
4. He still had an amazing season, and if he continues in play-offs like that, cup wont be just a dream.
5. It will be hard to choose the A.S. award winner, but he have a big chance. 
6. A Pencil.

1.   Vancouver Wolves finished third overall in the league this season and second overall in the North America Conference. Did this come as a bit of a surprise based on where we drafted last season?

This did not come as a surprise to me, management did a great job in the off-season which made the Wolves an immediate contender. I was more surprised we didn't finish on top of the league.

2.     Simple question I think but what have you been doing to stay ready for the first round of the play-offs while we want for the Wildcard games to be played?

Continuing to practice and putting in extra time on the ice. There is no off-says for Henry .

3.     Talking about wildcard games; were you surprised by any of the results with HC Davos & Malmo going the full five games (wanted to write seven) and Chicago Phoenix upsetting the Seattle Bears?

I think my biggest surprise was the Chicago win. Seattle for the past few seasons usually finds a way to win and find a way to the finals but I guess their magic has finally worn off.

4.     Nico Pearce had another impressive season with 50 goals and 99 points but missed out on Kevin Brooks Trophy by a single goal. Is this disappointing or will it be something that doesn`t matter if we lift the trophy later?

I think Nico is the type of guy that if we win the cup, it won't matter! His a team player, our only goal now is to get him that cup!

5.     Brandt Fuhr had a great season with 37 wins, 2.36 GA and .928 sav%. Do think he will land the Aidan Shaw Award? Do you best to convince others why he should win the Aidan Shaw Award.

It's going to be a tight race vs Kennedy and I will be rooting for Fuhr to win. We never know how the judges will swing but looking at our season, I hope they do give it to Fuhr

6.     Riddle: I`m tall when I`m young and I`m short when I`m old. What am I?

Hmmm, this could be many things. I would guess a candle? It's tall when you first get it then gets shorter as you use it...not sure about the young and old though haha

On 10/16/2022 at 10:21 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

639165154_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.7160c115a5885df0ac343b3ae01ca695.jpg

Wild Card Games

Well, well!! Here we are still waiting to play a single game in these play-offs so we better be ready, right? I guess we can talk about the wild card round since we are still waiting to play a game in our first round series but I guess it is better then golfing, right? Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.   Vancouver Wolves finished third overall in the league this season and second overall in the North America Conference. Did this come as a bit of a surprise based on where we drafted last season?

2.     Simple question I think but what have you been doing to stay ready for the first round of the play-offs while we want for the Wildcard games to be played?

3.     Talking about wildcard games; were you surprised by any of the results with HC Davos & Malmo going the full five games (wanted to write seven) and Chicago Phoenix upsetting the Seattle Bears?

4.     Nico Pearce had another impressive season with 50 goals and 99 points but missed out on Kevin Brooks Trophy by a single goal. Is this disappointing or will it be something that doesn`t matter if we lift the trophy later?

5.     Brandt Fuhr had a great season with 37 wins, 2.36 GA and .928 sav%. Do think he will land the Aidan Shaw Award? Do you best to convince others why he should win the Aidan Shaw Award.

1. I wasnt really expceting much tbh but we did manage to play very very well

2. Distracting myself as much as I can

3. Nah crazy things happen all the time

4. If we win the cup nothing else matters

5. With that stat line they better win

6. Pencil 

On 10/16/2022 at 11:21 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. I think our finish would have been surprising to anyone before the last offseason. It was pretty apparent that the team made some aggressive moves to compete in the off-season due to the amount of free agents and players available for trade.

2. Honestly a lot of it was just resting up after the grind of a 72 game season. There's not much to be doing other than making sure you're fully rested and prepared for the playoffs.

3. Malmo made some upgrades and gave Davos a scare, and I feel like Chicago gave Seattle some trouble in the regular season. Wasn't too surprising as I felt both series' had potential for anyone to win.

4. It's a little disappointing to be a goal away from an award but obviously the priority is to win the cup. There's nothing else to really ask for if we can win a championship as a team.

5. I think he should certainly be in the conversation for it, he helped hold together a team that was trying to figure out what worked with so many new pieces and young players. Guess it'll be up to those who vote on the awards.

6. Probably a candle yeah?

1.   Vancouver Wolves finished third overall in the league this season and second overall in the North America Conference. Did this come as a bit of a surprise based on where we drafted last season?

No I think its where we expected. This was very new team so there had to be expectation for adjustment. 

2.     Simple question I think but what have you been doing to stay ready for the first round of the play-offs while we want for the Wildcard games to be played?

This is a late response but I was mainly trying to do things to distract me and not think about it. Keep my mind fresh heading in. 

3.     Talking about wildcard games; were you surprised by any of the results with HC Davos & Malmo going the full five games (wanted to write seven) and Chicago Phoenix upsetting the Seattle Bears?

Not really. This league is full of parity and STHS has its ways. However, Seattle usually goes on big runs so its weird seeing them out of the wildcard so quick. 

4.     Nico Pearce had another impressive season with 50 goals and 99 points but missed out on Kevin Brooks Trophy by a single goal. Is this disappointing or will it be something that doesn`t matter if we lift the trophy later?

Does not matter to me, he was our team MVP and that's all that matters. Our focus was on winning the championship. 

5.     Brandt Fuhr had a great season with 37 wins, 2.36 GA and .928 sav%. Do think he will land the Aidan Shaw Award? Do you best to convince others why he should win the Aidan Shaw Award.

He kept us in a lot of games all season, wouldn't surprise me at all to see him win it. We have a lot of good goalies in this league so it will depend on the committee. It's not something I think about every day. 

6.     Riddle: I`m tall when I`m young and I`m short when I`m old. What am I?

A match?

1. Vancouver Wolves finished third overall in the league this season and second overall in the North America Conference. Did this come as a bit of a surprise based on where we drafted last season? 
Yes and no, definitely surprised the league based on perceptions prior to the offseason; not so much due to the great offseason we had. We also faced some adversity and surprised many with the run we went on to reach third place. 

Prior to us being eliminated, just training my defense and skating skills mostly. It helped especially when I trained with a young player named McFleury. 

Definitely surprised me to see Seattle go out so early given their history in the postseason. 

Some tough luck for sure but Pearce had a great season overall. I’m sure it wouldn’t have mattered as much had we lifted the cup.

5.     Brandt Fuhr had a great season with 37 wins, 2.36 GA and .928 sav%. Do think he will land the Aidan Shaw Award? Do you best to convince others why he should win the Aidan Shaw Award. 

I certainly hope so! Fuhr was excellent in all aspects of the game and steady throughout the whole season.

6.     Riddle: I`m tall when I`m young and I`m short when I`m old. What am I? 
How about a debt? Tried to think a little outside the box here lol. 

On 10/16/2022 at 11:21 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Wild Card Games

1. Not even a little bit.  We've got great leadership!

2. I worked hard on my conditioning and mental focus to get ready

3. I was surprised by the Bears result, that's for sure.

4. I think it's a little disappointing because you never know if another season might happen like that, but you can only control what you can control!

5. I think so....we had a great season and were led by Fuhr.  He deserves it.

6. pencil? a candle?

Edited by dogwoodmaple

Vancouver Press Conference Riddles.jpg

Play-offs Edition

Every year a few select teams have a chance to play meaningful hockey after a very long boring seventy-two games regular season. While the players don`t get paid the pay the price in blood sweat and tears. It play-off Hockey, baby!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. After losing in seven games in the first round of the play-offs to DC Dragons was this a disappoint end to the season? Why or Why not?

2. Once again after losing in the first round of the play-offs, how would you rank the teams` season on a scale of 1-10 and why?

3. The team currently has one free agent in Nico Pearce. How would you convince him to return to the roster for another attempt at Continental Cup?

4. Looking ahead to next season, what do you think of the teams’ current chances to make the play-offs with Anze Miklavz and Nathan Powers retirements; not to mention Nico Pearce possible leaving as an UFA?

5. Halloween is right around the corner, are you celebrating Halloween? Why or why not?

6. Riddle:

You may see this hairy creature by the light of the moon.

You can start running but it will likely catch you soon.

You can hope for escape with the raising sun.

But you have a better chance with silver bullets and a gun.

What am I?  

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. It was disappointing, after a good season we had, but thats hockey i guess. I expected we are going to make it to the finals.
2. I would rank it 8. Would be 10 if we win the cup :D 
3. Our results last season should convince him, he saw we played good games, and the loses we had were a close ones.
 So it would be nice to see him lead this team with big potential in another season.
4. Well wont be easy to get into playoffs, especially losing the leaders, but there is always a chance.
5. We arent, its not really celebrated here.
6. A werewolf, but some say it was just Frank running around with team logo trying to sign some players.

8 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Vancouver Press Conference Riddles.jpg

Play-offs Edition

Every year a few select teams have a chance to play meaningful hockey after a very long boring seventy-two games regular season. While the players don`t get paid the pay the price in blood sweat and tears. It play-off Hockey, baby!! Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. After losing in seven games in the first round of the play-offs to DC Dragons was this a disappoint end to the season? Why or Why not?

2. Once again after losing in the first round of the play-offs, how would you rank the teams` season on a scale of 1-10 and why?

3. The team currently has one free agent in Nico Pearce. How would you convince him to return to the roster for another attempt at Continental Cup?

4. Looking ahead to next season, what do you think of the teams’ current chances to make the play-offs with Anze Miklavz and Nathan Powers retirements; not to mention Nico Pearce possible leaving as an UFA?

5. Halloween is right around the corner, are you celebrating Halloween? Why or why not?

6. Riddle:

What am I?  

1. Not making it to the finals is always rough but it gives us a goal for next season

2. 9, would be a 10 if we won the cup but making it to the playoffs and bringing it to 7 is a great thing

3. We just made it 7 games in round 1 and are only getting better. Next season is the year

4. Ill be coming in to replace a defensive spot so that's safe but as far as the other spots it depends how the off season goes in filling them

5. Probably not but something might come up

6. A evil puppy ;)

I think it was a disappointment as we were expecting to get to the finals. The team was very talented this year and unfortunately the bounces just didn't go our way in the playoffs.

The season I would rank as a 10, it was a massive turnaround from the previous seasons standings and the Wolves were immediately a contender this year. 

The cap is tight but I know if Pearce wants to return our GM will make it work. Nico just has to look at our roster, everyone will be getting better this season and this team is primed to be a top contender once again next season.

I still think we have a great core of players that will step up and be able to fill the gaps left by these 2 great players. I am still hoping @Spartan  will come back for one more season.

Will be my sons first Halloween so we are celebrating because of him. Should be fun and interesting.

6. Riddle:

You may see this hairy creature by the light of the moon.

What am I?  

With the words Hairy Creature, Moon and Silver bullets this has to be a warewolf. I would be shocked if it is something else.

11 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

6. Riddle:

What am I?  

1. Of course, there's no question that we wanted to make the finals and win the cup. That was the goal all along, so the outcome was certainly disappointing. However I wouldn't call it a failure though or a bad time, since the folks on the team were great to be around and the young players showed a lot of potential and growth. This team will continue to be a force in the NA.

2. I'd probably give it a 7, since you have to base a lot of your success on what you can accomplish in the playoffs. We emerged as the 2 seed in a bloody NA conference which was really great, but losing out in the quarters drops that number down.

3. Well I can't really send myself a message to convince myself, but I will just say that I'm keeping my options open and will keep an eye on Vancouver's salary cap and roster as the off-season progresses. I'd be happy to return if it made sense not only for myself, but for the team as well.

4. I think Jimmy MacElroy showed promise down in the VHLE and can step up next season, but I think VAN will have one of the better defense situations with Cheese and Powers leading the group as well. Forward will be tricky but there should be a lot of options out there. So I think VAN can make the playoffs again since I think Calgary is going to rebuild and Toronto and New York are also going to be rebuilding.

5. I don't really do anything for Halloween anymore, haven't really done anything since college. I do know some of the kids in the neighborhood since they're the younger siblings of my friends or those siblings' friends, so I'll generally be around to give them candy when they stop by.

6. Werewolf!

11 hours ago, Otaznik said:

A werewolf, but some say it was just Frank running around with team logo trying to sign some players.

That will come up in my Halloween article that I wrote next week!! LOL!! I drop it next Monday on Halloween as the Vancouver Wolves visit Children Hospital for Halloween. Got the idea from @dogwoodmaple!!

6 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

Will be my sons first Halloween so we are celebrating because of him. Should be fun and interesting.

Always fun when kids experience things for the first time since you never know which way it is going to go!! Have fun as it will be an experience as word of advice take a wagon if trick or treating since he will become tired quickly. My son fell a sleep right after we dressed him for his first Halloween.

5 hours ago, Spartan said:

3. Well I can't really send myself a message to convince myself, but I will just say that I'm keeping my options open and will keep an eye on Vancouver's salary cap and roster as the off-season progresses. I'd be happy to return if it made sense not only for myself, but for the team as well.

We knew when we signed you last season that it was likely for a single season but it is always great to hear that someone is willing to sign back if given the right opportunity too for both the player and the team. It will be tough due to cap situation but we will see what will happen in the next few weeks. Wish you the best of luck if it means this is where we depart.